THE TIME STONE
Book compilation of the first two volumes of ILIASH Series.
Rio de Janeiro – RJ
Original title: THE TIME STONE
System requirements: Adobe Digital Editions
Access Mode: World Wide Web
ISBN 000-00-000000-0-0 (electronic resource)
All rights reserved. Prohibited within the limits established by law, the total or partial reproduction of this work, storage or transmission by electronic or mechanical, photocopying or any other disposal thereof, without the prior written consent of the publishers.
Ahl Souss 23
Christine of Arminandar 34
Alf Lailah Oua Lailah 43
Chapter II 57
The VRIL Society 57
Samir Ziaul-Haq of Khouribga 67
Babylon at the Roof Gardens 80
Chapter III 88
The Masters of Black Stone 88
The Scroll of Ra 93
The Lost City 103
Chapter IV 112
The Box 112
Ikrimah Alzahara, The Radiant 119
Bridget Follmann 127
The Revolt of Rife 136
The Stone Tablet 144
Chapter V 157
Karl Haushofer 157
The Golden Hotel 165
The Great Atlas 175
Tomb KV 62 182
Chapter VI 191
Igoudr n-bertkiz 191
Theodor Morell 202
The Box 213
Chamber of Secrets 221
Chapter VII 230
The Husam al Din War 230
The Voyage Tadla-Azilal 249
Chapter VIII 271
Oualili – Volubilis Colònia 271
Iliash of Khouribga 283
The Secret of Bled Takurart 290
Bled Takurart 303
Chapter IX 325
The Human Hunt 325
Return to London 329
Al-Magrib 1915 331
The all human beings throughout the ages have managed to leave their names in history so we can now enjoy their adventures as if we were part of them. To all writers regardless of the difficulties of their times did not let the darkness prevail over light and words made their weapons!
Samir thought it would have a life like any Berber Al-Magrib, but what was in store for him or the greatest prophets could predict. A life of frustration and compliance that it was the will of Allah, but it would be possible to conduct their own destiny? The silence of the desert says a lot more than one can say a Berber, can be your best friend or worst enemy. Will depend on the journey the direction the wind will blow and it will erase the sands of time all that has been written to rewrite a new story.
The Black Stone which has been a myth explored by various cultures throughout the ages, may have a reason to be proven and changed the course of human history as it does to the present day. Was she able to show for the “chosen” what was to come? The young Berber had no idea that it would be a piece so important in human history when he met Husam al Din – The Faith of the Sword his great friend and companion of many adventures.
The son of the Emir would be his great guardian forever until the target proved otherwise. Layanah was the greatest forbidden love of his life, but could not understand the reasons that led Ikrimah Alzahara – The Radiant and father of her best friend to interfere at your destination only to remove him from whom he loved.
I wish the destination we all converge to the same event because of the Al-Magrib of political instability and the ambition of the Western members of the Society of the Black Stone Masters would change their lives forever.
It would be a fight that would still take decades for it to be completed, perhaps even centuries in the future, there was no way of knowing … The fact is that for thousands of years the Arabs have worshiped the Sacred Rock, but what if it is more than just an object of worship? And if it is part of something bigger that is not complete and just the missing piece and we all want to own is what will make the mechanism function as in the times of Moses and terrorize the world again with the plagues of Egypt?
That was sure Karl Haushofer had when he created the Society now chasing all those who might have contact with the mystical artifact. No one, however knew for sure the origin of such an object, many speculated that it might be a stone that fell from the sky in very ancient times, others credited magical powers to cabalistic ritual of Druid cultures, finally would be a manufacturing artifact an ancient culture that had succumbed in an apocalyptic cataclysm.
The truth was that whoever possessed would have the power to subdue their enemies and all armies of the world, it was the doomsday weapon that both described the religious books and would be disputed for millennia. Samir Berber, was just one of those involved in the search for restless crooked ways and protect it would be the ultimate goal, even if it meant to give up your dreams. Life needed and deserved to be lived, but the price was also required would be very high, but was not giving up on your way.
There was no doubt that the life of Arminandar change radically since realized that he could not sleep as much as wanted, after all, those voices that haunted his dreams wondering what to do and where to go left made sure that he approached the much faster madness which had predicted.
In recent years had been affected by a visible fatigue every time you fall asleep, not knowing for sure the real reason why this happened, moreover some names of people and places were echoing in your mind for long periods and not faded or with own time. Inside, I felt an overwhelming compulsion to be in places you’ve never been before, even if you did not even know existed!
It had been a while, not much, but months for sure, which started buying specific books on Al-Magrib, understood that it was a North African region in the Mediterranean entered into junction with the Atlantic area of plains, but very desert It has always been inhabited by a multitude of Berber and a history of conquests and re-conquests by various people over the past two millennia.
The flavors of the countries always were present on my lips, but still had no idea where they came from or why he felt. The aromas inhaled during long nights of deep sleep were heady, but they were always out of time or context, after all what was going on? I was dying without knowing it?
The proposed work Follmann Alexander seemed the adventure for which he had been preparing for life, but could it involve Christine, his beloved, on this trip?
After all she was the woman he loved and could not in any way take unnecessary risk to their lives, on the other hand, the search for the mythical stone Black Sun call represented risks that had no idea what would be when they started the expedition. Possibly death would be following them silently and painfully at every step that they gave towards the great discovery of the ancient people.
Members of VRIL Society would not stop until they could join the two parties and make the doomsday weapon was finally achieved after more than 2500 years disappeared. Through it many saw the light of tomorrow and others simply lost their lives trying to protect her, lest they fall into the wrong hands. But would he, Iliash of Arminandar, able to rediscover it and hide it again as its predecessors?
What is reality and what is not? Which begins and ends the world we inhabit and starts the other?
Perceive life through the eyes of flavors and aromas, the inevitable suffering that was to come, feel the pleasure and safety in Bridget’s arms, leaving the brutalities of the outside world and apart from that small room and tight in Cairo, who longed to know more about the origin of everything around them, and get away from the dusty walls of the museum would be his mission.
Erect the walls of Volubilis Cologne with its 40 towers and five fortresses to protect the Berber invasion, a job for the real Atlas but secret that there lurked could not go unnoticed by men indefinitely, to the despair of his guardians through times.
There were so many questions to ask, however, almost no response was given, not even by Samir Ziaul-Haq Khouribga that led to his grave the secret of the Black Stone, or Theodotus Vero architect from Rome who never delivered the message to Caesar.
Still, the red metal box that went back to the distant past and forgotten could not just be ignored, it might be that the true gate to heaven, perhaps even of hell on earth, but it was up to him and anyone else who was protected to be delivered to its rightful owner in the near future, but at what price?
– I am Iliash of *Arminandar*! The guardian of the Box of Time!
“The only certainty we can have when we are born is a new world of colors and possibilities opens before our eyes, but if there is a God, surely play dice with our lives if we do it for fun will be up to each of us discover!”
Sleeping heavily in the silence of your room in London, the silence was a friend who valued a lot and the apartment had been chosen precisely for this reason, the silence of the night.
A view of the building in Soho ‘boundaries was no big deal, but the stillness of the place was all practically priceless! He stayed in bed for a few more minutes, running his tongue quietly bypassing the mouth to feel dry mouth, but with a slightly sweet taste, it was new, did not remember that pleasant feeling to have happened before.
Last night had dined in pleasant Christine Spiegel company that seduced him more and more with its natural charms. Big round eyes with two blue gems in the center, thin and elongated face, quite symmetrical and red fleshy lips as if they were strawberries ready to be readily tasted.
It was slightly lower than he about 1,70m slender body and curved, slightly younger too, but nothing was missing, always smiling and cheerful, certainly one of the best things that happened to him recently.
He remembered his curly blond hair that hung over their faces as they talked casually in the restaurant Le Gavroche in Upper Brook Street, classical decoration and traditional British, but he liked Christine was the peculiarity see her smile with eyes, that was fantastic!
Dinner had been the best standard of the renowned restaurant, to celebrate the success of the photographic exhibition which Christine was the main character, first-line model in the fashion pages and photographs of naked test in black and white, revealed how nature when he wants to, could just be perfect, at least in their eyes, for this reason she had become professional photographer.
I remembered that asked the maitre roast lamb with mint leaves and to keep a bottle of Glaetzer Wallace Shiraz Grenache that matched perfectly the termination of the night. But the sweet taste with a light touch of orange and cinnamon to also agree intrigued him, saw no connection with the events of the night before…
I was not late, but needed to advance in leaving home to meet with the curator of the British Museum.
It was with great surprise that it contacted him in order to make an appointment to discuss an archaeological and photographic expedition somewhere in the Middle East or West Africa, still did not know for sure the exact location, but the power in satisfaction leave London for a brief length of time it was, it was inviting, the opportunity to see included as a full member of this enterprise as an observer and photographer, moved with his professional vanity.
Entered the car parked in the garage of the building where he lived since almost five years ago, a Range Rover Evoque black in color, was not the latest model, was even far from it, but immensely enjoyed the comfort that gave him that monotonous traffic coming and going of large cities.
And that car gave him the impression sometimes to be strolling through a wilder place than just the central London!
On the way to the museum while listening to an old version of Yeha Noha-Sacred Spirits, Native American Sioux she loved, still felt the slight bitterness of almonds with the sweet taste of orange. Do not know why, but he had a boundless passion for indigenous music of any kind, – “perhaps your pet and primitive side manifesting itself in the form of music” – absently thought as he maneuvered the vehicle to leave the parking lot and take the road.
Gradually, however, he began to remember that it was not only an evening of simple and quiet sleep like so many others who always had, something had changed and sparse memories illuminate your mind with disconnected images in that paid more attention in music and less traffic.
Does not it brought difficulties the path between the apartment where he lived and parking of the British Museum in London, was until relatively close in this particular case had free access to the museum parking lot by meeting the bill, so that at least it was no problem, not this time.
Climbed the stairs swiftly and gracefully, however he was eager to know the actual purpose of healing invitation, good presentation would be your biggest business card. Hastened to go to the reception which was in the main lobby entrance, where a desk pretending approximately twenty-five years – brown and long hair lank over his shoulder and looked at him closely behind a delicate glasses frame that perfectly matched her face and friendly smile, almost inviting greeted him.
- Hello, I’m Bridget, first secretary of the British Museum curator, how can I help you? – Even she asked him with bright smile and piercing eyes of sympathy.
- My name is Iliash of Arminandar, professional photographer and explorer of the unknown in nature! – I told him opening a wide smile too, looking for a more comfortable approach – I’m here at the invitation of Dr. Alexander Follmann for an interview – he concluded.
- Yes Mr. Arminandar want to follow me, please! The Lord has an appointment with Dr. Follmann ten o’clock in the Reading Room at this point is closed to the public due to the expansion of reform … This way, please. – I told him in a very friendly and jovial tone.
- "Bridget, easy name to remember, difficult even would not follow her," - thought Arminandar, - "another exemplary extraordinary of the human race now walked down the hall, hugging a dossier with some prey leaves, most likely the affairs of day. "- tried to disguise concentrating on something else.
- As the nature is beautiful! – Mused briefly causing Bridget, who was still in front of him turned around involuntarily in his slightly flushed direction … – sorry did not mean to be nasty. – He hastened to apologize for what happened.
- It was not unpleasant, just unexpected! – Bridget continued following up front but did not leave for less, making you feel embarrassed, although she liked enough of watching this man who had broken through the museum door like a Greek god as it saw in history books.
“It could well make your words of herself!” – She thought as she slightly bit her lower lip.
The door creaked softly and sitting in a hunched table on a large, bulky book that apparently absorbed him, was a man of his sixty-five, nearly twice the age of his age, at least that was what seemed – slightly gray hair and some brands of punishment of exposure to the sun for long periods – certainly a field explorer before turning himself will monotony of museums.
Just realized how much was tall and stout when he got up and walked over to greet him. They shook hands strongly, Alexander Follmann using the two, who remained holding it between his and began the conversation:
- Mr. Arminandar happy to see that he could accept and attend to my invitation! Tell me you are a good photographer? – He asked bluntly hold at least a hand Arminadar it starts to get slightly sweaty.
- I think my work precedes me Dr. Follmann; otherwise they would not be here now if you know what I mean! – Nodded firmly as she picked up her hand now somewhat hot and humid, there was tension almost imperceptible in the environment.
- But to answer your question, yes I think it is very competent in what I do! – They sat face to face in thick Victorian table that served as a desk and which was what could be called literary Tomo, probably older than most of the books were present and there were plenty of books everywhere.
- Well Mr. Arminandar – just Arminandar, please hastened to say. – Well Arminandar, it should be of his knowledge the British Museum in the last two centuries has been of great value to archaeological discoveries in the world – the curator looked at him over the eye glass carefully to see if it understood what It was being said.
- Prepare now a new expedition in search of a place that we supposedly exists in North Africa and has stayed away from the eyes of mankind for millennia. – Made a short break to then continue.
- And in the best sense of expressing an homogeneous team, your name came up almost immediately for their excellent work in photography for renowned magazines, and beyond, also the adventurous spirit we consider to be inherent in you. – He closed the book that lay open on the table with a strong sound that echoed throughout the hall, a warning attitude and which looked with some curiosity, to know if there would be there any more clue of the exact content of the conversation in question.
- Continuing, it is an undercover expedition, we do not want fortune hunters are responsible for any mishaps or withdrawals than can possibly be found, if found, especially! – Again a break and that look was beginning to be characteristic of the lenses of the glasses, but this time there was a doubt in his eyes to see if the message had been understood and that meant the lines. It was a game of cat and mouse which was already used to!
His curiosity was evident and only increased with every word heard, would not be the first time they would on an expedition, already had done on other occasions for some international journals of fauna and flora and scientific journals, including war zones and armed conflict, therefore, it was within his comfort zone, so far no news!
- Your work is very important because we may be the first in millennia to come in this room and it is critical that we can document how everything is arranged in this place! What do you think, can do this kind of work? You think you can ace expedition meet expectations? – Alexander Follmann concluded firmly waiting for an immediate response.
- Dr. Follmann… – only Alexander. – The curator He hastened to say in order to return the courtesy that had been made earlier by Arminandar.
- Then Alexander, the information you provided me are not enough for me to have the correct idea what it is, but it is indisputable that got my attention. It is likely that the discovery if it occurs and given the seriousness with which this institution in himself makes me the invitation, very worthwhile! – Before he could complete the curator hastened to cut off his words.
Under a look almost clever, he was awarded:
- Greater than the treasure of Montezuma, the Eldorado, the tomb of Iskandar probably the greatest discovery of all time! – Completed with an almost imperceptible and enigmatic smile as she looked at him with the eyes of an eagle, I knew I had caught and how easy prey that had fallen into the trap. But Arminandar of Iliash only let catch in traps when wanted and there were reasons, be they professional or amorous…
- Interesting, but before accepting, and see, of course I’m interested! It is important that we discuss the values of my professional services! – Strategically anticipated the photographer, so you had more time to think about what had just heard.
- “Iskandar! Alexander’s tomb in Macedonia, The Great Warlord and seniority, mixing demigod and demon himself, who had perished in the prime of his youth and virility as the master of the known world, Iskandar to legend, the myth “ – echoed in your mind the last words of Alexander Follmann.
- … So Arminadar, as I told you there with nothing to worry about regarding the payment thereof will be handsomely paid within the values that you talked some more and added that might be required and of course the honor and glory to participate in this expedition. What do you say? – Alexander finished expecting an affirmative and immediate response from the photographer.
She had not heard a word about the financial settlement, her thoughts were a few thousand years in time, but a response was necessary and curiously at that time found that he was a bit bored with London despite the great Christine Spiegel Company.
- Tell me Dr. Follmann! Excuse me; Alexander! – Hastened to correct – yes I’m concerned, my answer is yes! – Concluded with some excitement in his voice that in no way had been lost to the curator.
- Okay Arminandar, come back in three days from today, by that time we agreed and will present it to the other members of the expedition. Remember to keep it a secret! – Stressed ending the conversation, looking at that Bridget did not take his eyes of the guest of Alexander Follmann.
No more, they said goodbye and each returned to his duties. On the way out it was impossible not to notice the large, inviting smile Bridget who accompanied the large reading room to the exit of the museum.
He hesitated for a split second and returning the gentle compliance with Bridget who held out his thin and soft hand, but hot, wishing you a great day, headed toward the car that was waiting quietly in the parking lot. He started the car and maneuvered to exit the museum parking lot.
His thoughts were far and tribal music helped increasingly distance themselves from this, for some reason thought that no longer belonged to the place, the big, cosmopolitan city.
The taste of almonds with a slight orange flavor lingered inside of his mouth, in a very nice way, not for the total lack of which would come that bittersweet taste and that left him just ease when the ignorance of their origin. It did not take in getting to the studio that was on the other side of town, but at that time you could say it was like driving on a weekend.
The rest of the day passed uneventfully, and the normality of urban life took routine account when choosing the most appropriate negative for editing photos and send to the material for specialized magazines, which very often requested some images of its collection particular.
It was a way to make money without having to leave the field and therefore always photographed everything he saw and in this digital photography just came to help.
The monotony of the late afternoon was only interrupted by the ringing of the phone resting quietly on the glass table with lighting underneath, was it that put all the product of their work and analyzed the evidence one by one to choose ones that considered being the best and thus send reveal.
His critical view of the work we did was also his personal and professional brand which attributed him credibility in the photographic market. – “Certainly so Follmann had sent for him and made the invitation to the expedition.” – She thought as she picked up the phone.
- Christine, I’m glad to hear it! – Answered without delay, almost in an automatic gesture, it might be all he needed at that time but did not feel well.
- Iliash! I waited for your call all afternoon! what happened? Forgot to me? – Christine answered on the other side with a touch of fun at the same time returned him questions.
He looked at his watch Sturmanskie Traveller 24, a pulse analog clock that had the peculiarity of having the hands with the twenty-four hours a day, the last gift he had received from his beloved precisely because she was always late for appointments apparently it was late at night and would be irretrievably lost in your excuses!
- Sorry my dear, I had a meeting this morning and even though it was for only brief moments it not left my mind all afternoon! It’s something I like to do and accepted in principle, may need to be gone for a while … – he waited for an answer while the silence was present across the line. Not that it took more than a few seconds, but it seemed like hours.
- Let’s travel? Great! When do we leave? – Christine’s reply took him by surprise, did not think she would go with him for professional commitments he had, moreover, did not know if the invitation of Dr. Alexander Follmann was extensive to third parties…
- It would be better if we meet to talk. I find it important that we see it before I left, I have three days, two and a half actually, maybe stay out for a while. – Repeated without much conviction than truly speak to Christine beyond that would be off the job indefinitely. – Meet me tomorrow morning and we will take the first meal of the day together, what do you think? – A short pause and answer with a touch of disappointment in Christine’s voice did not cease to bother you.
For some reason I was getting exhausted, as if an unknown force drained their energy slowly, he felt the weight of the world on his back. For a few moments he remembered the Titan Atlas figure carrying the world on his shoulders, he felt like if that were possible!
- Yes Iliash, we’ll see you tomorrow, since today apparently will not have that opportunity. Get well! – Hung up without there being the opportunity to respond.
Understood the disappointment, were together for only a few months after working world besides making photos for fashion magazines, whenever possible she named as her favorite photographer for leaving her well for ease during the sessions, so there was little resistance from sponsors in signing him. With time they were acquiring more intimacy and found they had more in common than just professional interests and imagined.
I leaned back as he thought and thus fell asleep exhausted without having done anything all day that could justify this fatigue, sleep deeply came and in a way that had never felt he had the impression that came out of one’s body to somewhere I never have been before.
Despite the unconsciousness still felt the slight bittersweet taste of almonds with orange and cinnamon. A slightly cool breeze, but pleasant involved, a wood burning odor was present throughout the environment of the room. It was time that he did not feel so comfortable, almost as if his spirit had it released.
He had fallen into a deep sleep, the sleep of tomorrow. After that night nothing would be the same in your life or the people he loved. Everything was about to change, what was once established as absolute truth could no longer be perpetuated, there would be no order in the chaos, because the storm was approaching and no one had the means to stop it. One could go on loving Christine?
Dawned with a light warm breath of the Sahara through the air through the small opening in the tent door, lying on the soft cotton mat Samir’s face still asleep was touched by the light breeze like an angel gently runs his hand gently to wake him gradually feel the awareness that it’s time to get up and prepare for another day of walking.
The still sluggish body insisted on staying in the position it was in knowing the need of having to start the day. He opened his eyes and walked carefully to the high ceiling of the tent supported by a gleaming red mast finely decorated with images of golden masks, indeed handcrafted, interspersed in emerald and bright red green, galloping horses figures followed spiral to stuck base in fine desert sand.
Small rays of light down the opening of the support mast to illuminate the floor, occasionally touching the trappings and making these shine in all directions allowing the insides would clear enough to be able to distinguish the others present notches. It was wonderful to admire such beautiful representations of human ability only to his delight.
- I need a bowl of water to wash your face or will not leave this lethargic state so soon! – Muttered Samir still sleepy and yawning. He looked around at all was not a commonplace, by contrast, used to spend the night under the starlight like all his ancestors did before him, but this case was different, had arrived at the camp Emir Ikrimah Alzahara, the Shining, sir of all the land between the towns of Fquih Ben Salah and Beni Mellal.
Not by chance was there, the invitation was made by none other than Husam al Din, the Sword of the Faith son of the Emir. They were friends since childhood when caravans had been more abundant in the desert crossing, and the incursions by unknown locations of the cities where they were born were for them still a great mystery to be unraveled and as such, make new friends was part of that ritual discoveries.
Husam al Din was the same age that Samir with little difference a few months in favor of the latter which made him older, nevertheless it had never been an impediment for introduce a long and lasting friendship. Occasionally got rid of some confusion when solved subtract fruits that were exposed over the baskets lined up at the Souk, traditional street market towns, was not so much hunger that made him, because not had, but the simple fact it was possible to do it and they knew it! That was the only reason to live dangerously!
I had to wake up and there she was, the basin on a small table with a pitcher of clear and transparent water on the side. Like everything else in this camp Emir also had a very peculiar refining that drew attention to who was accustomed to the constant wealth and abundance, which was not the case. The basin was shallow enamel and decorated with flowers invite to its use. The water was not much, but like everything in the desert, nothing could be wasted and the precious liquid of life was among them, but it would be enough for him to wake up.
Contrary to what most think, the Sahara possess huge aquifers underground, the difficulty is to drill them for the great depth at which they are, but the taste of the desert water is incomparable to any other existing, at least those that Samir I had already proven and in this oasis called Ahl Souss between the two cities, the water was fairly abundant.
As she poured water from the pitcher also decorated that made craft together with the bowl, looked in the mirror the marks of years in the now own face with some more visible, not so deep for his 35 years, but the scar on the right cheek reminded him the crooked paths so uncertain places. The brownish skin tone also it showed the thousands of kilometers of desert traversed over the years, and the countless nights spent sleeping in place that both admired and had come all this way to never leave it.
Berber blood was in her love life in the desert Amerruk as the Berbers called their country. If you knew how much had walked and ridden all his life, both on the back of a camel, horse or on foot, sometimes just to save his companion of so many trips, as well as to be able to feel the sand giving way under his feet, might be able to know how many laps around the earth had given to each step toward your destination.
Samir was born in 1870 in North Africa in the city of Khouribga, Sultanate of Morocco, formerly called Amerruk in the central part that connects the Greater Casablanca the city of Marrakesh, a year of very hot and many changes the second you said years later.
He was the son of a traditional Berber family like so many others who made up that tribe the Imazighen, meaning “free men”, still lived in tribes even in cities. There are customs that do not change even with the passage of time, and some should be kept, or at least try at all costs so that the reason for the existence of the ancestors is not lost in the sands of time.
By the will of Allah was the third of five children, his parents that in his opinion lived long enough to have seen the changes that progress brought to their way of life, and that once came down just live one day at a time, not as if they were the last, but the first had left long ago. I thought he had taken leave of this life more by reason of disgust and new times than effectively by old age.
This was his opinion and had no intention of ending his days in the same way, I wanted to live whatever enough.
His parents soon married and should always be done, not long before or long after they are ready, but in the very moment when two people meet and simple exchange of glances feel the inner pulse that as a “popping” deafening only to each other tells them:
- Hello, I’m the other half and I’m waiting a long time!
Arranged marriages were traditional, but if there was the refusal by one of the couple before the delivery of the dowry, new choices could be made and so was the meeting between his parents in the best way that a love story could be told and which lasted as long as was necessary.
- This never happened to me … – Samir said quietly while diving hands cupped in the basin and washed her face again and again. Of course there were Layanah, but from what he remembered had not been that way with a “snap” that thought was some kind of silent flashing inside the head or body, that as a biological alarm warns that we are at risk of change our instead our life, or it will forever change with or without our consent.
- Simply scary! – Wondered aloud. Layanah had been a long feeling and time-consuming that had invaded and his thoughts for many years, getting this just when he could no longer see it in the period when he had to study in Paris Henri de la Martinière invitation, archaeologist French.
- A complete emptiness inside was the absence of Layanah in your life … – as far away thoughts that even now, after almost twenty years looked like it had been yesterday that ran between the houses with wind speed, barefoot, feeling heat and rewarding sweat running down her body as she leaned on the main square fountain to drink delicious water that sowed life wherever he went. And so, without any warning he saw the love of her life for the first time Husam al Din Company, who would become his great friend and companion.
A voice interrupted his thoughts sharply. – Samir! How long dear friend! – Entered the tent opening of the Sword of the Faith, his friend Husam al Din. – Salamu Aleikum! “Peace be upon you” – complemented with open arms.
- Wa Salam Aleikumu, Husam! “And upon you peace” – he returned Samir extending his arms to show his appreciation and admiration for the old friend of many adventures, albeit unwillingly no longer saw much as you like and as before. – Hold me my friend, who delighted to see him again! – He said with obvious emotion and joy in his voice.
I thought that when they did the things they enjoyed had the impression that the time would never be enough and that the whole world watches them silently, as happened between them. – Samir, Samir! You have not changed since I last saw – Husam said visibly excited about seeing longtime friend.
- A long time ago my friend, I thought find it already with many children running around! – Samir smiled profusely. – But from what I still see one that is about to appear win your heart! – He smiled again. Husam and Samir firmly looked at with an exchange of looks very revealing that the invitation to the camp was not just to missing and socializing.
- I would love that the circumstances in which we are finding were better, but we’ll sit in my father’s old company, the Emir and you will explain why I called my friend – Husam replied with some apprehension.
Samir hurried to finish what he was doing and it was not more than enough to follow Husam awaiting him thoughtfully looking at the desert by the opening of the tent, now generous and showing most of the camp, I had not realized how much it was big.
The night before arrived late and outside the scheduled time, a servant of the Emir led to the tent that held more than necessary for your home, but knowing the hospitality of his old friends could not expect less than that.
Once entered inside where sleep could see that fresh fruit awaited arranged in the round, low table on the carpet near the pillows which greatly pleased him and the hunger that was because he had ridden for hours in an attempt to reach the as soon as possible, we made use of some while they savored the delicious olives.
It did not linger and finished for mint tea – thé à la menthe – as is the ancient custom. Logo had fallen asleep like a Sultan in his palace and deep sleep came without the tease.
Watched the face of Layanah, but did not understand what he was saying as he did not understand that other woman who radiated so much light with his eyes. I did not realize that Husam was already out of the tent while lost in thought. Hastened to walk together excitedly towards the main tent where the Emir waited patiently as always the Berber people. They say that nothing can move faster than the desert sand during the storm, so unless a storm was coming life would follow its normal course in their own time.
Ikrimah Alzahara rose and shook Samir’s hand and then taking his own hand to the heart of respect and friendship as he said the traditional greeting of Darija Arabs. – Salamu Aleikum, Samir! – Congratulated the Emir.
The old Alzahara was not as strong and vigorous as he remembered it, even though he and Husam were seen with some frequency, the same did not apply to the rest of his family. He thought, remembering Layanah.
- Wa Salam Aleikumu! Ikrimah Alzahara – told him with a smile sincere as he took his hand also to the heart.
At the same time small and low round tables were arranged to center on the beautiful carpet well placed and lined up on the ground, as well as the blankets folded in finely embroidered tent walls with tribal motifs of the Emir.
They sat around the main table and one of the largest destined to host and his guests and thus has them served Msemmen – a type of fine crepe batter accompanying fresh cheese with butter and jam, sometimes dates other times of apricots – in this case there were two.
Jointly had the Beghrir – a mass a little thicker than before – nothing could be missing, not even the precious spicy olives and Batbout – the bread every day – for drinking, very strong and bitter coffee and dates of juices and grapefruits This acidic and sour last with an underlying sweetness.
- You are welcome to my camp, Samir! – Said the Emir in very calm tone. – I asked my son Husam to call him because I know that out of all that he holds dear you are his favorite – he looked at me intently while drinking a sip of coffee still steaming.
- I came as soon as I could Emir, but I’m not sure beyond delighted to see you, what other subject could be so important to be called before him? – Paused. – However, as is our custom, I am here to hear what you have to say me and as always, at your service, Ikrimah Alzahara – paused for a moment remembering that the Emir did not approve of his interest in Layanah her daughter and looked Husam al Din to arrest.
- We are in 1905 Samir, nothing is as before, times have changed, I think until the winds of the desert no longer blow the same way or to the same side – paused for a moment to see if Samir understood his words and continued. – I’m old and the West’s progress in reaching the Black Gold in demand and increasingly pushes us into the desert – sighed deeply Alzahara.
He understood perfectly what he was talking about, had seen many foreign piercing the vast desert off the major cities with their large, noisy machines that ran up and down endlessly. Cities in turn they became permanent settlement to places other groups that gradually ceased to be nomads for the amenities that major centers offered them, nor noticed they were giving up to his freedom in exchange for a few dirhams and a wealth than ever could belong to them.
- So Samir, what I will tell you has been a secret for generations in our family, not the would betray if not deeply needed someone with his knowledge could help us – the Emir looked at him straight in the eye as if to read his deepest thoughts, but had nothing to hide, it was like an open book and easy to read between friends.
- Thousands of years ago there was a people who ruled these lands and the other across the ocean that bathes our shores and we now call Europe, the ocean was lower and fairly easy crossing – paused. – These people reigned sovereign for over 50,000 years and finally one day and one night all gone, just gone. Were swept in the world without leave traces that passed through here – Samir had heard that story hundreds if not thousands of times.
Not surprised at all and listened intently as it was common in night camps around the campfires at night tales about the old and his deeds, the great gleaming boats and golden temples. Some believed that still remained some cities buried in the Sahara desert, but nothing had been found so far. Moreover, by having studied in France knew the myths of submerged cities around the world. He turned his attention back to Husam and his father.
- As I said, it is our knowledge that there is a place that holds all knowledge of this civilization after being accidentally discovered some writings in a remote place here. It is believed that there are papyri, manuscripts, tools and objects that location … – Alzahara stood rubbing both hands as he walked slowly from one side to the other.
- Unfortunately the last one knew its exact location and it was kept secret, he has been dead for some time – paused the Emir.
- What we know is quite possible that with all this movement centered around oil the people of the West is very close to discovering this place, advancing by leaps and bounds and I fear that all we are not prepared for what’s in store always there, but Also we can not prevent it from being discovered, unless we do something to continue away from human eyes and hands until we can understand what it all means! – Stopped abruptly as if seeking inspiration to continue his narrative.
- It is necessary to anticipate us to find that place again, and this is the reason for his coming – concluded Alzahara.
At that time that Husam had also rising put his hand on my shoulder and slowly settled. – What my father is telling you Samir is that all those stories we heard are true and we are descendants of a people who have mastered all known land and by the will of Allah ceased to exist for us restart and restock with our seeds. But not before leaving saved all knowledge so that future generations could make use – Samir watched attentive to every word heard.
He looked at the two men without betraying everything what they said seemed deeper madness except for the fact that he himself was knowing that those people standing there do not make the effort to bring you this far to just you tell a fire wheel of history to the flavor of the night. Something else was hidden in that speech and intended to establish the facts as soon as possible.
Rose from a single impulse, he looked at both and decided it was time to enter the conversation. – My friends, although not see reason why this story is not true, I do not see how I can help them?
Husam and his father looked at each other and approaching the old Emir Samir took the floor and said with calm voice:
- Samir In time, in time! – This way moved away toward the exit of the tent and a right arm gesture opened the slot and left. A breath of fresh air came across the room and hugged him Husam fraternal way and before taking the same father of the way with a brief review confirmed who would be supper.
Samir remained there for a few minutes enjoying the beautiful decor, each tribe had its own character as if it were a brand, just as the Scots do today. In yet a pulse took a few more inviting olives and out putting them in the mouth in that walking to his horse. Needed to check on the mount, it was his best traveling companion and dependent he was fed and rested onward as soon as possible. Life in the desert did not admit mistakes and had lost many friends they have not bothered to take care of those who most needed the crossings, their own animals.
- Good morning princess! – Smile when receiving Christine on the table Coffee 2 LOVE Tea and Coffee House in Lambeth, loved the place for allowing the terrace where are a few tables set, the sweeping vision that provided the Thames River and just below the imposing Big Ben at the Palace of Westminster, ultimate symbol of the city itself. The cafe had arguably the best view of London!
- Hmm! We wake up ready then! – Christine replied in a mocking tone at being passed over yesterday. – Good morning Iliash! It’s always good to see you in a good mood. It seemed somewhat distant to talk last night; I was upset for not having done combined! – Lamented making an overlap with the lower lip over the top on purpose as one that deeply hurt.
I knew very well the art of seducing a man, and Arminandar was one that was worth being seduced with all devices that could be at your – had reach almost the same age as her, with a difference that would not cause embarrassment to either , a manly man with athletic body, did not lead a sedentary life because his work did not allow him, but after the previous night’s phone call had noticed that knew almost nothing about her past – for it was a total mystery until then I never had had to unravel, but wanted to take more seriously that relationship would need to start getting some answers.
It was quite clear that the Arminandar name was not of English origin, probably not European, but had never been the subject of conversations between them for not being relevant before. He was surprised by his attitude of disappointment when he told her to be gone to work the night before, was accustomed to his company and every day felt that the ties between them grew stronger and wanted to persist. Perhaps he had found the man of her life.
Did not think that just the sex between them was good – “… and God knew how it was good!” – A few moments in his life since he could remember, he had felt “things” as the relationship he gave him in some cases it never crossed his mind that those feelings and “things” could exist or be felt the way she felt them.
And even sometimes not wanting to disclose their total surrender, it was evident that the sighs and groans emitted and how his body corresponded to him showed their satisfaction and dependence of that relationship. He knew in his intimate she was not ready to give it up, perhaps not in the future, but that only time could tell.
But also the complicity that had to be able to talk without restrictions or taboos of any kind was both much more than just lovers, were like the sun and moon, opposites, but symbiotic, to attract one another while they needed distance from each other.
The preservation of their personal spaces had been a consensus between them so that they could know each other better without this opened up their own freedom. There was no reason to think that one should exist without the other, are the natural laws that knew and had not because change them, or at least did not want changed, but needed to know more, the relationship was getting serious!
- Lovely! – She exclaimed carefully admiring the beautiful woman ahead of him lost in thought.
- What is lovely darling? – Asked Christine startled at being caught off guard in his thoughts, as he propped his elbow on the table and put the tapered jaw and perfect on the palm.
- What perfume is using? – Firmly amused-looking shiny and youthful blue eyes of Christine, now closer to her – had already noticed! Its aroma anticipates your arrival and leaves a sweet memory when goes away, but now I could absorb it in my thoughts beyond my nose! – Exchanged looks deep for almost an eternity even if the conversation is not discontinued.
- Now Iliash, Zíngara! I do not go out without it much less travel if it has not between my essential things! – Responded with great surprise at being noticed a thing for her was a second skin – and know my dear, sometimes this sweet perfume is the only clothes I use to sleep when I’m alone in my room … immensity – said gently placing the tip of the little finger between the corner of his mouth with his hand still supported under the jaw. Amused himself with the art of seduction, a game that was loved doing.
- Yes, yes! Zingara the mysterious gypsy, the one who bewitched men only with their dance around the fire – had heard of zingaras at least two times, knew its significance went back will Romania eighteenth and the Roma people, but it was also a word Arabic which meant mysterious. Matched perfectly with Christine, just he had been surprised by the spontaneous perception of that fragrance that anticipated in the footsteps of his beloved.
His thoughts interrupted form.
- Iliash So, what did not you tell me yesterday? What is it about this trip you will and apparently I’m not included? – I looked at him intently as he realized that his face was more serious and apprehensive.
- I received a proposal to participate in an expedition sponsored by the British Museum in principle nothing more I understand … – he lied deliberately and was uncomfortable at being forced to have to do this to her, but had promised to keep Alexander Follmann secret expedition goal, which he himself did not know as well as what could be a breakthrough higher than the tomb of Iskandar, Alexander the Great.
-… And I accepted the reason in the first place, as the British Museum, so nothing dispensable in curricular aspect and on the other hand only love the Christine unpaid bills! – Concluded smiling waiting disapproval of his company who was watching with the eyes of a lynx when studying the prey that hunts before befall her.
- “Um … called me by my first name very emphatically!” – Thought it was not his habit finalizing any kind of comment in this way, so there was more than he intended to speak, but for some unknown reason not I wanted, or could not tell you. She accepted as it as indisputable fact.
- Very good! And where do I fit in that your trip? – Asked with sly look trying to relax a little the turn the conversation had taken, did not want a bad time to be in that because it could be the last moments when you would see for a long time – … or your life? – Finished looking down towards to the table.
Had not noticed that the coffee had been served hot for some time had ceased to become the aim of that meeting, prepared croissants on the table along with jellies plural flavors, looked like they were losing color insofar as the conversation progressed .
Perked up initially to taste some of them together with a piece of croissant, it was the first thing that caught trying to surreptitiously pass one of the delicacies at random did not feel the smell, perhaps could feel the taste, but doubted that happen at that time . That unpretentious attitude was just to conceal the turn the conversation had taken.
- I have not been informed how long I will be out, my love, even where supposedly we will still need to attend to the site after tomorrow to finalize the arrangements that will be combined. He nodded trying to get you as much information without committing to what was promised to the museum curator.
- And I think the feelings we have for each other are far beyond what the professional commitments can impose us! – He finished.
- Well, cannot say I’ll be happy with their absence, I do not know how long it will be, but I hope at least that once you know tell me where you will. I’ll be waiting for you, dear Iliash! – Christine smiled conspicuously unsuccessful in their arguments.
Arminandar sighed unsure whether it was relief the conversation has been closed in a “consensual”, or to have noticed that the last few months in Christine’s company had left him more vulnerable and dependent on your company.
He admired it back into the position it was – his body was slender and curvy, and the smell they gave off was desire and how he used to tell her “exuded sex!” – Loved that woman with absolute certainty, and did not know if I was willing or prepared to give it up this time.
Needed to review their concepts regarding Alexander’s proposal with the utmost urgency.
- I’ll be fine my dear! – He said putting his hand on hers now extended on the table and pressing her without hurting her, while she approached and joined her lips to them, inviting and passionate red. I could not help notice again of the sweet smell that exuded from his body, Zingara! It was intoxicating as your dreams! He was surprised by that thought, – “where in his dreams had felt that aroma so deep?”.
Paid the bill Coffee 2 LOVE Tea and Coffee House, looked once more to the Thames and gave his right arm for Christine interlace her and headed for the exit door, it was ten o’clock in the morning on time, not too early nor too late, Christine would stay in Liberty, Great Marlborough Street in the corner department store with the Regent a Victorian building dating from 1875 to the best Tudor and had been founded by Arthur Lasenby Liberty in 1924.
A masterpiece of English construction and pride for all the inhabitants of London. They entered the Range Rover Evoque. A beautiful woman who accompanied him had arrived the taxi coffee, because I knew that the return would be with him and on the way they talked only on matters related to both work, except for the observation that Christine did on the song playing inside Of car:
- You do not change dear! Still listening indigenous music of the Apaches! Quite predictable! – He chuckled a bit while increasing the volume – also like although never told you, but Sacred Spirits transcends the musicality, it’s almost like a calling, a lament. It involves us as a whisper of the past and of those who lived in those times! – Completed sitting slightly sideways in the passenger seat with one leg tangled under the other.
- Yes Apache, means The People! Christine like my work, it takes me to many places, go through them all without knowing their culture is like “going to Rome and not seeing the Pope!”, Is not that what they say? – She nodded as he drove, without realizing that he left the cafe had been followed by the man who sat quietly two tables of his, and now driving at a safe distance without losing sight of him.
- I like other rhythms and tribes as well, but I have my preferences and I’m happy to share with you! – Stopped in front of the Liberty building as he wrapped in his arms and kissed her ardently wanted to immortalize that moment, I knew he would not be the last, somehow, but the absence of Christine would make him miss, really miss!
The beautiful woman got out with the elegance and grace that was inherent, and walked toward the front door of the department store for which sold its image as a model. Hastened to put the car in motion in an attempt to avoid the police officer who was approaching in disapproval for the delay of the car parked in public place and great movement, briefly nodded and entered the track towards your studio .
The vehicle and the occupant who had stopped a few blocks away and that was followed from the coffee, did not move, he waited for the Rover Evoque was lost among the other cars and took a different path turning right.
The coming to Soho in the apartment where he lived calmed him some tempers, I loved the place, the neighborhood is composed of a mixture of elegance and boldness. There are surely the best London restaurants and the nightlife pulsates like the heart of the city itself.
In past centuries, more precisely in the eighteenth century turned out to be a stronghold of the English nobility that lasted for several following decades settling as a place frequented by artists, bohemians and immigrants, but only in the 1960s with the advent of sexual liberation, Carnaby Street became famous by adding some of the most famous shops with window displays of multicolored clothes and behaved nothing for the time standards.
Twenty years later almost the entire neighborhood suffered considerable remodeling of modernization preserving the architectural features and making it a modern district offices, which was the second main reason to establish on site, shall retain some remnant of the sex industry establishments and the like in previous years which gives it a nostalgic aspect. Some fine restaurants and a multitude of others of all kinds ranging from Italian, Chinese fast-food chains also decorate the whole place.
The area resembles a square format evidenced by what they call “Circus” London Piccadilly, Oxford, Cambridge and St. Gilles. It also hosts cinemas, pubs and theaters in addition to the London Chinatown call. During the night, the streets come another kind of life with clubs that are crowded goers.
None of this bothered him, he loved life in its essence even better preserve the silence of residence, situated slightly on the outskirts of the district. He parked the car and took on leave, was in no hurry, however, everything seemed to discoursed very rapidly since it had been performing in the British Museum and talked to the curator. In his intimate something was bothering him, but was not sure what.
That day nothing unusual happened that deserve some rebuke, and the next night, the young couple had dinner in the apartment, did not want to go out the last days together, even if they had not come to speak on the subject of travel, but they knew everything I could change depending on what was to come. It would actually be the first time they would be separated for a considerable time since we had decided to take the relationship.
Not that it was a problem, the absence for work reasons recurred, but this time there was a deliberate exclusion of Christine and it shook a little their relationship. – I will miss you my love! – I told her the beautiful woman in your company – I believe it will seem an eternity even for a few weeks. Few weeks not? – She looked at him with question air.
- Yup! I think so! Although probably only come to know tomorrow when the museum … – concluded.
Christine approached Arminandar who was comfortably sitting on large white leather sofa in curve shape, cuddled up in his arms like expecting to be protected from all adversities of the world, but it was not that, I just wanted that moment lasted for as long as possible.
Arminandar stroked her fawn, silky hair through his fingers with slow and lazy movement, skin so white and soft … Christine just smiled in his sleep as if greeting someone, his lips twitched like trying to pronounce some intelligible thing, would most likely dreaming deep, and there was no reason at that time to wake her.
- Until you sleep is a charming creature! - He spoke softly, almost a whisper before lean his head back and let Morpheus take care of your dreams as well. There it was again the sweet smell of Zingara, but this did not come from his beloved Christine, seemed a distant and desolate place with a loneliness that haunt any work of Salvador Dali.
Silence engulfed the apartment while the two lovers asleep on the couch resting from the tribulations of the day, had no idea that this might be the last night that the world as we knew would cease to exist.
It was customary to dinner early evening, not too late, but the right moment to socialize and it was time. Had spent the rest of the day taking care of my traveling companion, I had long had changed the languid walk camel for a thoroughbred horse of the Berber race spread across North Africa and the Middle East.
I had given him the name of al-qaum in honor of the god who protects wanderers and caravans, chose the color black because it is easier to identify on desert and harder to be noticed at night when the caravan thieves are more audacious.
All the talk I had heard in the morning, so it was surprising, at least the people who uttered, seemed a delusion, but it was unlikely that two people in such extreme positions and aged as opposed should suffer this evil collective madness! On the other hand it was still fascinating to imagine will be able to trace Arab history until Kush-Meroe at the time of the pharaohs, when the entire Maghreb was still a vast desolate wilderness, but no less important.
I knew long ago that people of Al-Maġrib or Amerruk how they wanted to call, known in the west as Morocco was part of a single people that extended from both sides of the Pillars of Hercules, Al-Andalus and Al-Gharb in South Spain and Portugal respectively neighbors directly front of his country.
As the only Atlantic Mediterranean people being always known this common feature in the vast ocean outfall Atlantic with the great sea in the Mediterranean. For a moment he thought the narratives of Plato without giving it much thought, but found interesting literary proposal.
But to what extent it could be proved that there was a significantly advanced civilization and that there could still be traces of it after so many millennia? And what difference could make following the life that still, after all the time they were made new archaeological discoveries and nothing changed the course of humanity!
Now the second known by the few news out, Howard Carter whom he knew well because of their professional and academic activities, was about to achieve the dream sponsorship craved since the academic time to do excavations in Egypt in the tomb of demand Pharaoh Tutankhamen boy.
The all appearances in the last letter he had received from Carter, after recently sent you the board of La Martinière stone with hieroglyphic inscriptions, Lord Carnarvon an English patron who held a taste for adventure would be his sponsor. Samir wish the best of luck for the friend of the university days, he and Carter crossed several times during the period of study and seminars in Paris and London.
For a moment she wanted to be able to speak of archeology with old friend and know if he had obtained some progress in deciphering the Roman artifact with unknown inscriptions. The last time they met was just so Samir talk a bit more about their culture and Berber myths, Carter had a need to understand the Arab world as a whole and not limited by the existing borders.
He turned back to the latest thoughts. I had no idea how these answers as to what Ikrimah Alzahara had said even with the death of the only person who supposedly knew the location of these records could be achieved, on the other hand, if there were records that could prove these facts would great importance to the archaeological world and all humanity, greater perhaps than find the mummy of Tutankhamen or the ruins of Machu Piccu if it could rely on Charles Wiener information, the French explorer who claimed to have discovered the city mythical discovery in 1880 and still to be confirmed.
Samir was a Berber origin, had spent his entire childhood by Khouribga the streets of a town in central Morocco, like any child ran through every possible place and time or another left in a caravan with his father and uncles for upcoming trips, never some it was too time consuming, there was always the risk of a child becoming ill and delay the caravan or being kidnapped by robbers to be sold into slavery elsewhere, even primitive and abominable practice that continent.
In 1887 under the Sultanate of Muley Hassan was certain prosperity, because the Sultan had great sympathy for the West and tried to modernize the country he considered too late and lacked everything. In his view they had become so backward in relation to the West that could be considered “very primitive” by the way they lived and in that sense the Sultan made every effort to embrace this new order that would set.
It was then that Samir met Henri de La Martinière French archaeologist who until recently had sought to learn more about Walila-Volubilis Roman city in the third century BC near the holy city of Moulay Idriss and which had already been explored superficially since 1830 during the French conquest of Algeria, but only about 50 years after the actual excavation would start the hands of the archaeologist and Samir.
La Martinière search sorry for all the cities that passed, but Khouribga decided to stay longer, there was very strong evidence that the “old” as the elders were called, could reveal what signified a stone tablet found near one of the forts the Roman building, with inscriptions who was unaware and which would be in fact. I had ever seen anything like it in books or other archaeological site that has news.
Meanwhile La Martinière needed a camel to go to the desert to talk to Hudhafah the old man who lived in the city’s outskirts about five miles and you might know some unknown history of the Berber people and it fell to me Samir, by order of his father guide you there. Along the way talked about the ancient city of Walila and how it was fantastic for the period it was made even today there were no parallels the exuberance of detail.
Walila was a city dug in the soil itself dating back to hundreds of years in the past, had been important both to the Carthaginians as to the Romans at different times, and as he listened to the French talk about the city and its particularities that advantage to insert an unexpected question I called soon caught the attention of small Berber.
- Tell me young Samir, which hopes to find life beyond the desert of loneliness? – Gave La Martinière.
Samir was surprised that this cultured man wanted to know more about it, it was not considered important and therefore was a bit astonished because I had never thought of it or had reason to believe, was happy in my way, but was bothered by not having a ready answer, even pleased.
- Never thought of it Monsieur Martinière. I think we will follow the footsteps of my father in caravans making the crossings and taking the trade between the towns – answered him.
Moreover, there was not much more than that to make, almost all men worked as guides or porters, women were in charge of the housework and the children apart from leather tanning to dye and sell.
- Maybe you can travel to ad-Dhar-al-Bayda that Monsieur known as Casablanca which is a big city where you can see the sea or Fès-Boulemane to work, perhaps to study the sciences of the world – complemented Samir unpretentiously, I knew his options were limited there.
The camels walked slowly and the suns was scorching, but allow ourselves a little stop to close the conversation.
- Well small Samir, I need a helper and get the information that I wish I can do it my assistant – pondered French. – I need someone to trust and have the opportunity to learn the art of excavation and revelation of what has been lost and must be found! It may be a new way to rewrite history! What do you think?
You can think of it at least? – He asked as the camels returned to walk slowly toward you Hudhafah house that you could already see on the horizon. Samir did not respond promptly, but nodded affirmatively with his head because soon after, arrived at their destination and Hudhafah the Elder, was sitting in his chair in front of the rustic and the White House under a balcony that interspersed some lined wooden sticks that alternated the sunlight and shade.
- Salamu Aleikum, Hudhafah – Samir greeted the old that made just a nod without leaving the chair where he sat. Hudhafah had been an important soldier in the fight against the Spanish occupation thirty-five years before, but after the annexation lived as batter and desert guide, should tell now about some 85 years, most of them walking all over North Africa.
- Monsieur Martinière accompanying me and not speak our language are looking for someone who can read ancient writings and my dad thinks there is no one who knows better Al-Maġrib you Hudhafah. If you let him get off the camel your help will be rewarded – he finished Samir waiting for the old answer.
Again Old nodded his head affirmatively, it was noticed that he was a man of few words and as such remained so until Martinière settled into a chair that was ready at his side. Old known whether he spoke French, was known not shown signs that understand the questions that made him was when Samir decided to intervene in Berber language Darija or spend the rest of the day there without getting the answers they wanted.
- Monsieur Martinière I wonder if in their wanderings by Al-Magrib faced at some point with a type writing that he is showing or experiencing a construction may partially buried in the sand who owned large columns and arches belonging to the former. Any feedback is welcome – as Samir spoke La Martinière pulled a plank of stone with mysterious inscriptions – think you can help us? – We waited about two minutes for the answer while Hudhafah looked intently entries, and when found not to have this looked closely at La Martinière and said in French dragged:
- Oualili, you look Oualili … – looked Hudhafah now with a narrow look and mistrust. – Look Bled Takurart, there is your answer, but beware if you are not the one! – Ended the old and nothing was even said that asked.
Henri de la Martinière opened his eyes and stood up as fast as it was possible to do so, Samir impulse that followed his gesture with much distress saw his hand being squeezed repeatedly while the euphoric archaeologist said:
- He knows! He knows! Ask him if he’s been there, and the exact place? – Repeated thrilled.
Samir knew nothing at that time, because it seemed you were looking for one thing and this would be another, but it was not the case later when we were heading to Oualili knew it was one of the many names that Volubilis had besides Walila for passing the occupation so many people over time.
- We cannot do anything it Martinière monsieur, I believe that we should withdraw, it would be very impolite if we stayed in place without being more welcome – we concluded Samir doing a greeting reverence for the old Hudhafah.
The two hours that followed were to return to Khouribga. The old soldier Berber information could be trusted, but did not know if they were looking for was in the lost city. Bled Takurart was one of the five fortresses of Volubilis and La Martinière knew the city also already called Oualili.
They did not know, but the reasons why the old man to go those ways as a young man and fought for the freedom of his people, now after so many years no longer made a difference, but his memory was still sharp and in a remarkable way to remember many details of life, was not the first time I spoke with Samir Hudhafah. From that moment after the events would see it with different eyes, no longer Hudhafah Old but Hudhafah the Berber warrior.
On the way back La Martinière hurried to spend more information to young Samir on Oualili, it was the same place where he had found the stone tablet with inscriptions and that was to the north, near Merknès in Moulay Idriss near Fès-Boulemane and discoursed as the conversation became more and more excited by what he heard, seemed coins jingling in his ears as my father would say. The French strategy to instill curiosity in the young Berber seemed to be working.
They returned to Khouribga already at dusk, as payments to Hudhafah Old left a thick blanket folded on the chair and some tea leaves of different flavors, was local custom gift the host when visiting someone far away and for which were not anticipated.
Back to reality, Samir found himself coming back into the tent of the Emir, had lost track of time with your thoughts, Husam waiting to sit down with them and initiate dinner.
Arranged on the table were various bowls with green, black and other more spicy olives along with Balbout on the other end was what foreigners termed – “assortiment of salades marrocaines” salads with a variety of vegetables ranging from zucchini, eggplant , tomatoes, beets, peppers, carrots and cucumber, all very healthy.
The essential Tajine – cooked lamb and vegetables accompanied by couscous – would be served as a main course and to finish, oranges with sugar and cinnamon, some almonds moistened with orange water complemented the delicious sweet and sour dessert. Throughout dinner the soft music of Bendir – a kind of tambourine with strings stretched over the surface to produce a unique and distinctive sound of Berber people – that in a corner of the tent soften the environment and the aridity of the desert, played by young women dressed of embroidered tulle and shiny satin.
We had spoken about everyday topics until time of thé à la menthe steaming finely decorated metal kettle was poured in glass cups rising to a considerable height so that the precious liquid spilled from the top to cool a little in the process the conversation took another turn.
The Emir spoke of Arab tales about the Djinn and the antics of these evil genies, flying carpets and the dispute between Ahura Mazda and Ahriman two gods fighting that appear in stories in material form and the spiritual. Showed material fight, Ahriman wanted to break into the sky, but was repulsed to hell; in spirit, Ahriman was the beginning of the dark, of disorder, of evil which in turn would be repelled by Ormuzd that uses lightning, god of light, order and good.
In spiritual form used as weapons, piety prayer, personified under the name Vohu Mano. Then we had the great Alf Lailah Oua Lailah, or the Thousand and One Nights and other similar stories as they are known in the West these Arab legends.
Ikrimah Alzahara began to approach the matter still open and that had been discussed in the morning. – You were the only one we know who had the opportunity to study in Western schools, moreover, it was the second most important person in the excavation of the Roman city Oualili along with that famous French archaeologist! – Concluded the Emir as he pulled a small folded parchment that was beside her on the floor under the table where We had dinner profusely.
- If you agree to help us Samir, here on this parchment will be the information to the secret that we have kept for thousands of years and will be yours to continue to preserve it away from the eyes and hands of those who will misuse this knowledge – The Emir pointed to a wooden box inlaid at his side. – What do you say Samir? – Complemented Alzahara.
Husam al Din silent and apprehensive Samir looked at with a grain of salt, but confident that the friend would accept and would not be disappointed for sure. The training as an archaeologist from the University of Paris began in 1890, at twenty under the auspices of his mentor Henri de la Martinière, that taking advantage of the great political instability that plunged into civil war, saw fit that his protect had a better fate than turn into another of the new government insurgent.
The result now obtained spoke louder than reason itself.
It was then that Samir stopped seeing his Layanah love, sister of Husam and interference destination lost forever. It was a price to pay for going out of their land towards the West. Curiosity about what was on the parchment seduced him as the most beautiful of the odalisques of the stories of Scheherazade. And with brief Samir words he hastened to accept.
- Emir Yes, it is my duty to preserve our culture and our secrets so that nothing may be lost in the future. Count me and my services now and always! – She sat with her head affirmatively.
The Emir handed him the parchment well folded, decorated with motifs of Arab culture on the outside, some looked older than he had ever seen, but he recognized them. Had some barely noticeable difficulty remove the parchment from the hands of the Emir strongly pressed in his two hands, I would say until unconsciously.
It showed that those who had fashioned hard work and care and that their content was certainly very valuable. Husam resumed word and a wide, warm smile greeted his friend with a Berber – All hamdu Lillah! – “Thank God”.
At that moment came the opening of the tent the youngest daughter of the Emir, Layanah, sister of Husam and latent desire to Samir, with a bowl of water in his hands and a piece of soap to the center so we could continue the ritual of washing hands as we had done at the beginning of the meal.
Not seen since the last visit to Husam will nearly two years and briefly, but it was inevitable not exchange complicity glances even though she was promised, it did, to the son of another Emir therefore beyond the reach of simple Samir. Had made choices and would have to live with them, be out of Khouribga to study had its price.
The Emir looking guess his thoughts interrupted him with the words: – Open the parchment when Samir alone, and the truth will be revealed to you! – And he withdrew followed by Layanah she looked with her black eyes quietly back over his shoulder as if he wished him a good night …
- Could not forget it is not Samir? – He turned quickly looking away from the princess while Husam spoke – I would love things to be different, you know, I consider it more than a friend, are above all brothers and nothing would give me more satisfaction than divide them family ties and blood, but by the will of Allah Almighty things are not well – pondered the son of the Emir.
- Maybe in a possible future life you can still reserve some pleasant surprise – concluded Husam looking him firmly in an attempt to comfort him.
I knew the feelings of the friend by his sister since meeting at source years ago, and his party also had never hidden her it would be almost impossible that union. I would not be honest or honorable friend as feeding him false hope.
- How about this whole Husam? Is there a real thing? The subject is so important that you need this mystery all wrapped and away from the eyes of the world? – Samir asked with the intention of evaluating the sense peculiar to him.
- Let us make the following my friend, bring the scroll with you and when you just open it and see what’s inside. If you think it’s not worth just leave it on the table I’ll take care of even return it to my father, otherwise we will go out in the morning at dawn – finished embracing him fraternally.
- We will leave? – Asked the surprised young traveler.
- I did not think would come out on the adventure of a life alone is not Samir? – He laughed as he left the tent door which was now empty. So did Samir and retreated toward his quarters. The sky was starry, celestial mantle covered the whole desert and unlike the big cities the absence of light allowed to see the grandeur of that sky.
A gentle breeze was cold but clear.
Further up there was the moon of the Arabs with that little shiny and tenuous thread that looked like the faint smile Alice Cat, one of the first books he, Berber, had the opportunity to read when he discovered the wonders closed the shelves of libraries.
The knowledge could become entrapped on the shelves of a library with the Sainte-Geneviève in the Paris between the iron columns created by Labrouste, or the British Library with the millions of items that are available to the most curious minds.
Nothing could be more exciting than traveling in the pages of a book as he had done so many times before, unless your work considered even gratifying that now and then like to venture out on other distant and unknown places…
A little farther on the edge of a dune was Layanah silhouette being caressed by azure shadows, looking at the same sky it. He walked slowly toward her, Layanah remained back still as Samir approached quietly weaving her arms around her body.
- Samir Oh, my love! Not bear to know that I was here and I could not feel the warmth of his arms – Layanah was panting and trembling.
- I traveled for you my beloved Layanah, nothing would make me cross the desert sands as far away from home … – Samir turned it over and kissed her passionately.
Layanah consented to his entire body and cuddled up as much as you can in the arms of your beloved. Ali, now lying in the sand time seemed to have stopped, the silence of the desert whispered kind words to the two lovers as they searched not get noticed.
Downstairs, after the dunes the campfires crackled making a play of shadows as odalisques in a primitive dance, peace reigned everywhere where they could look up to the sky was accomplice of this relationship that was doomed to not be fulfilled and moon with her sly smile still watching them closely.
The two entwined lovers wanted to be more than the actual eternity of life itself, and without haste began to rediscover the secrets of their bodies. If there was a way of time would need to be stopped now! Either before or after…
On the morning of the third day the photographer climbed the stairs of the British Museum swiftly toward the central hall, Bridget rushed toward him, holding out his hand. Was changed since the last time he saw her, more attractive, she greeted him without hiding his enthusiasm being matched in the same way. “Almonds” – thought.
I felt the taste of dates in the mouth after having agreed. Already I had tasted on the trip to the Middle East due to make a photographic coverage of the Arab Spring.
More precisely the Revolution of Jasmine the uprising that shook politically much of the region in Tunisia in 2010. His job was to get the best possible photographs to a British tabloid, had been an extraordinary experience, but in some ways rather not repeat it. At least not in the same conditions.
- Good morning Mr. Arminandar! – I told him the first secretary with a grin. – Dr. Follmann awaits you in the company of other guests. We can go? – Anticipated Bridget walking toward the hallway leading to the Reading Room without looking back on sure Arminandar followed her and who also watched in full. This ruffled her neck slightly to be observed from behind by a man who could want at any time.
Arminandar had no opportunity to outline any reaction will receive Bridget actually had no time between her greet him and rushing out toward you extensive literature room.
But followed her in sure not for the strong feelings he had for Christine, there was a woman worthy to know better in any environment. I was curious to know more about her and why an extraordinary female representative of that size, remained “cloistered” of their own accord in a place that time seemed to have forgotten.
The robust and heavy two sheets door of the Reading Room was opened it so that it could move to the inside with a light ranger, were immense and imposing, sitting at the head of large oak table was Alexander Follmann as usual who rushed in up and go greet him. But not before Bridget spoke to her:
- Mr. Arminandar Dad arrived, as had predicted! – Stopped a little away as to see the reaction of the man behind him and he’d scrutinized as an X-ray as he followed her.
- Arminandar! How nice to see you again! I was eager to give continuity to our initial conversation! – She nodded as he shook hands with the photographer in his, as he had the first time. – I see you’ve met my lovely daughter, Bridget Follmann! – Concluded looking at him over his glasses hanging him on the nose.
We were not surprised and it answered many questions he had done a few moments ago. – “Well, this has explained a lot compared to Bridget!” – Thought.
Obviously she had a great devotion in relation to his father, and so there was not much more to explain, except if it was committed only to work or not. Although for some it did not matter, his heart was already trapped in women’s hands, gentle and affectionate Christine Spiegel.
- How will Dr. Follmann? – He asked politely. While the Trustees raised a finger and nodded: – Alexander, Alexander only, please! But still, sorry to interrupt you. – He stressed.
- Certainly, Alexander! Here I am as agreed to learn more details on exactly what the purpose of this mysterious expedition – waited sitting on the other end of the table the meeting discuss. Bridget stood there next to disguise father and forcibly fidgeting to some papers on the table.
- We live in difficult times Arminandar, and therefore Bridget will give you a confidentiality agreement on the issues that we will deal from now! – Alexander motioned with his hand to his daughter presented the contract, it was not long or content was also unknown, had already signed similar contracts on other occasions.
A good part of their professional work was done for exclusivity, so right now a look on the pages signed without delay while Bridget was waiting, who completed the signing hastened to put in an envelope and attach it to others with same appearance.
- Thank you for your confidence in us Arminandar! – Continued the curator of the British Museum. He cleared his throat a little and with fingers interlaced this time on the table on which rested his elbows said:
- You have heard of VRIL Society? – Did not yield response time. – Have you ever been interested in knowing what it was, if your knowledge? – Concluded expecting a quick response.
- Not for the first, therefore, not to the second too! – He hastened to say trying to keep up with the conversation, meaning even the taste of dates in the mouth now with the unmistakable orange flavor. He poured himself a glass of water using a glass jar with transparent and inviting liquid that was on the table. – “Nectar of the gods!” – Feeling the sugar that was not trickling down his throat. – “The water was still everything that might want at a time of thirst!” – Thought looking through the glass of the glass while drinking the angelic face of Bridget.
- The Vril Society or Luminous Shop as want to call … – began Follmann – was a company set up during the period of World War II by the German forces of repression. Of course this all points are not the Germans who invented, but were probably the first group that would later lead to the Third Reich. – She sighed deeply for words to proceed.
- Actually Arminandar the VRIL force is known since antiquity for its power, it was assigned the cosmic or telluric force that stemmed from the Black Sun as the Ascension of many ancient civilizations! – He paused and continued.
- Initially, it was believed that the members of that society had extraordinary powers of the occult, but it is more between myth than reality. The first information we had on this mystical cult was through Dr. Willy Ley in 1933, a German expert on rockets that fled to England during periods of armed conflict – the Healer, like the photographer who was looking at him intently from the other end the table, poured himself a glass of crystal clear water.
- The Vril society was based on the grounds that the origin of this power was the ancient Atlanteans and who supposedly perished during a natural cataclysm, and do not need to clarify this matter as it is of public knowledge of the scientific literature and exhaustively fiction ! – stood up slightly to circulate through the room as he spoke.
They were not alone in the room and had noticed it at the entrance, close to the main window, responsible for the room’s interior lighting, a tall and burly, with slightly gray hair wearing a sleek leather jacket brown with a traditional fine cut He admired the outdoor garden while listening Alexander Follmann.
Beside him another younger man and military aspect by the haircut recognizing kept himself at a distance standing with hands on each other behind his back on its heel.
Later I recognize that as Heinrich Stauff, right-arm man who had his back listening to the whole conversation, or at least pretended to listen.
- So far all I’m telling you nothing extraordinary or secret already that these are public information, but the Society VRIL was not all! – Alexander spoke with two hands resting on the back of a chair and the real enthusiasm of those who have the knowledge of historical events.
- Much of the culture VRIL guess the Tibetan and Indian cultures, an example was the use of the swastika by the Nazis that is nothing more than an existing replica in Hindu worship, but in this case upside down, as we know better! – Alexander moved slowly around the table as he spoke tapping a pencil against his lips paced manner.
- So far any questions? – He looked toward the photographer who listened with true admiration for eloquence that it had in the narrative of the facts.
- Please, Doctor, continue without questions yet! – In certain cases, perhaps most life had taught him that it is better to listen than to actively participate on issues that even without understanding. In particular, the lost continent of Atlantis until he knew was a myth, the swastika had heard about the possible origin but had never been interested in the subject. He shifted in his chair while Bridget was looking at him curiously.
- For a long time we hear that Black Sun without the relate the other events of humanity, in some cultures was known as Chi, Ojas, Vril, Astral Light, Strength Odic and Orgone. More recently and in the possibility to exist, mind you, the possibility to exist … – Alexander looked at him over his glasses again to try to see my face for some sign that did not take seriously what was being said, but continued;
- It is also possible that we know this force by other names, al-Hajar al-Aswad or Black Stone of the Kaaba, which takes millions of pilgrims to Mecca every year. Pandora’s box once opened and revealed its contents would release evil on earth and perhaps even the Rod of Aaron who inflicted endless plagues and misfortunes to the Egyptian people for the liberation of the Hebrew people! – Alexander paused Follmann.
- Just to refresh your memory my dear Arminandar, the Rod of Aaron with the Tablets of the Law of Moses and the Manna pot, the sacred food supposedly were the contents of the Ark of the Covenant. The supreme force that destroyed the greatest armies of antiquity! – Sat down again at the table of the head of the chair like one who plays with all the weight, and remained there as he had found it to enter the reading room.
Suddenly he seemed to be living a Set of filming a movie of action and adventure to the best Hollywood style. Between one thought and another on what the curator had just tell you amused himself starring in the role of Indiana Jones or Allan Quatermain and its archaeological adventures, I was flattered by the invitation, but generally not impressed.
- Dr. Follmann Yes, but this is all in the space of conjecture, hypothesis, and unless it has been some evidence that proves at least a remote possibility, it’s like had suggested earlier, try to find one’s lost Atlantis or even life on other planets! – Ended expecting an aggressive response.
The mysterious man was still looking at the outdoor garden with a gloved finger scanning the stained glass separation marks that made up the majestic window. A magnificent piece by the way! But he was in no hurry, was content to join the conversation just as a listener until Alexander broke the silence that had settled in the environment.
- I see you noticed the presence of Mr. Theodor Morell who is standing there, I will have the pleasure to present them, but let me finish and perhaps answer your statement! – The man who now knew by Theodor Morell approached the table to sit at the right hand of Follmann.
- It is quite possible that the stone they call Black Sun exists and has been responsible for many myths of human history through the ages, that would explain the ten plagues of Egypt, the Ark of the Covenant as an instrument of war among many others we could relate with this device! – Still the Healer.
- It may have been the instrument used in the described Vedic wars of Hindu antiquity and also the very rise of Ra the Creator in ancient Egypt, not to mention Mjolnir known as Thor’s Hammer and the magnificent sword Excalibur King Arthur and his knights of the Round Table ! – Alexander paused with visible fatigue, although somewhat euphoric.
Was getting tired of staying in the spectator and decided advance some things given the new information could make sense, but had to position myself their conversation.
- This is the search for the Holy Grail! God knows how many perished already looking for what is supposed to be a epic proportions myth, but there is no doubt that placed the way it was presented here may actually be a common link between these events! – Advantage for more sipping a drink of water in an attempt to clear the mind itself. Continued:
- I’m listening teacher, and contrary to what it may seem, I do not think that you are crazy, let alone in this room, to my knowledge! – Finished slightly frowning unsmiling.
- Yes, yes Arminandar! But the case is that I and some fellow students, we arrived the conclusion that the Company VRIL was not extinguished at the end of World War II and continues today pursuing the objective of acquiring Sun Stone Black and establish a new era governed by a master race of enlightened as it was the raison d’être of the Third Reich! – Alexander brandished the hands gesturing as to ward off this abominable idea of enclosure.
Alexander without further delay, turned to the mysterious Morell and decided it was time to be presented.
- Here with me is Theodor Morell, in time will tell you the credentials and merits of Mr. Morell, hourly think enough to be submitted so that we can continue the conversation! – Said passing the word to the mysterious man who now struggled to get to shake hands with the photographer in a gesture of sympathy.
- Theodor Morell III, Mr. Arminandar! It’s a pleasure to meet you! – She nodded with a guttural voice and a thick accent in English that pointed to a Germanic descent. – Excuse me objectivity of the question, but do you know Christine Spiegel? – And the man very seriously and bluntly, while Alexander Follmann and his daughter looked at each other, genuinely surprised and amazed at the lack of courtesy of Morell.
A start of the chair which until then was comfortably seated and with your palms on the table, approached the stranger who moments ago had been presented to him and told him in a threatening tone:
- Who are you? Christine knows where? What do you want with her? – Was almost angry red face, a fine line on his face was present at being approached by a stranger on subjects of their intimacy that he saw no reason to be addressed in that place and those people.
Where Christine fit in this story did not know it, but now would go to the bottom, even if it needed to get the truth out of Morell. I began to hate the man, even before meeting him it seemed.
Iliash of Arminandar did not like being caught off guard by anything in your life, and that intrusion of a stranger who complained about her beloved Christine was inadmissible!
- I do not know where it came from young, and do not think the relevant question, but begins to irritate me deeply! Strongly – hit his fist on the table in front of Morell, but to tell the truth like it had been among those shrewd eyes that now observe without change.
- Sorry rudeness Mr. Arminandar was not my intention and as soon as possible will give you a proper explanation! However so we can get on with our business and archaeological expedition this information is vital! – Concluded Morell staring at Arminandar as was his custom.
Even with his fist on the table stood up and sighed deeply. – Very good! Though I consider that that the account is not present here talk about my personal life, but I know Christine Spiegel! – Waited for the rest of the conversation unfold, but did not. Morell looked looks at Alexander Follmann and made an affirmative motion with his head.
The curator resumed the conversation with the photographer as he took her arm and led him to the huge door of the Reading Room – Arminandar for now there is no more we can talk, is not appropriate, I’d love to be patient and returned here by tomorrow same hour.
I’m sure you will find it very interesting what we have to show you. And please bring Christine Spiegel with you! – Follmann ended the conversation by asking Bridget accompany him to the outside of the museum.
The beautiful woman who was driving did not drive him away, simply walked beside her to the exit door. Her breathing was paused demonstrating the discomfort that was subject at the time. Still angry descended the outside stairs to the half and stopped between two steps to look at the wonderful building behind her as she tried to understand what had happened minutes ago. – “Strange things happen!” – Thought.
He got in the car and waited a few minutes before starting the engine, intrigued you know who would Theodor Morell and what relationship it would have with Alexander Follmann and the British Museum.
It was clear that was not English, most likely German or Eastern Europe, had been unable to distinguish it. He turned the ignition key and the car maneuvered slowly, tribal music has absorbed his thoughts as he continued toward the photographic studio.
Last night with Layanah was the reason that led him to the Emir of the camp, but could put his friendship with Husam a risk not to mention the wrath to cause the father of the princess, but no regrets, the daughter of Emir corresponded to him in your feelings and at the time was only what mattered.
Samir already lost once when with the consent of his father accompanied Henri de la Martinière to Oualili to try to find what was left of Bled Takurart fortress, the initial excitement of following the French had turned into obsession with archeology and more later would take him to Paris under the Martinière care that would become her guardian abroad.
It was long enough and needed to sent back up for Layanah with an innocent kiss that love between them was sealed for life, and so it would be if there were no intervention Ikrimah Alzahara, the Emir of all the countries where I rode. It hurt him deeply that Alzahara will not consider height of his daughter, and there he was serving his request without question, on the other hand did not want to extend his displeasure to childhood friend Husam al Din.
The tanned and smooth camel leather pants that covered Samir skin was very comfortable gift from his sister and used it not only because it was great to ride, but also because it brought back the memory of people who loved and did not see them as many times as you like.
After the encounter of love with Layanah both had retired to his quarters, the previous night’s sleep was deep and restless, by the way, had taken much to wake up not knowing for sure why it happened, was a light sleeper and usually when he slept in the desert during the camps in recent trips between ad-Dhar-al-Bayda and Khouribga was aware of the robbers.
It was not very common to see lions or leopards in the region, but also would be nothing new if they appeared, therefore the attention was always redoubled. He had opened the old parchment that the Emir had given him, did not even know of their content, tiredness had spoken louder and after the sumptuous dinner so friendly company and the memory of his beloved saw no reason to delay a good night’s sleep that expected to enjoy, to not raise suspicions of his affair on the outskirts of the camp.
Perhaps dreaming of Layanah and her long, straight hair and black eyes as pearls has distracted her sleep. Layanah was part of her dreams since she was younger, and whenever I could enjoyed his company at times when he could return to Khouribga, although the studies to oblige constantly to be absent because of Martinière’s efforts to make it a West of man, as a very “civilized” Berber as he liked to point out. – There were 15 years of many ups and downs! – I thought …
But he had a deep respect for one French man without the had instructed the Western sciences ace their expense without asking something in return that was not dedicated to studies and the sharp mind to all possibilities.
The caravan of Ikrimah Alzahara follow towards Marrakesh, a short stop in Ahl Souss had the sole purpose to welcome you to the previous night’s conversation. Much had been said about the tribes of Al-Magrib, but little had also been said about what Samir really thought. The whole story was told very mysterious and despite the curiosity about the parchment content had better find preserve a bit of expectation for the day was beginning.
Just do not understand why the name Christine echoed in his mind since he had opened his eyes and sprawled on the skin soft and warm sheep on the tent floor. Not remember having met anyone with that name, but for some unknown reason he remembered he had felt during sleep the sweet odor of Zingara, the scent of love and desert.
On the other hand it was not worth wasting much time rambling about something that did not fully understand at the time, and the blame would probably be the eventful night with so many images that most did not even remember, but next trip we did like to visit British Museum, was within its range of places to meet, not least because, as an archaeologist was part of “curriculum” transit through places that concentrated inside relics and artifacts collected from all over the world and that somehow rewrote the history of man in the last 10,000 years.
Husam was already in place and to look at his face, with some impatience ranted and shaking hands two men who apparently accompany us anywhere that hitherto had no idea what would be. Let alone the way to go.
- Salamu Aleikum, Husam! I see you woke up and you’re ready for the walk – told him presenting me with the disposition of those who start the trip as soon as possible.
- Wa Salam Aleikumu, Samir! – Greeted me with both arms extended and hands firmly supported on my shoulders – need to hurry my friend, time is short and I fear that our trip is longer and time-consuming than it would – became Husam as he turned to look at knights who accompany.
I noticed then that the camp had been broken and that little was left in place, apparently the Emir had left much earlier than supposed, but it was not for him to speculate on Husam’s father’s decisions, even though they are friends and the respect with which he had ever been received in his dominions, had no relationship, moreover, because the intentions as the Layanah were visible even to a blind man, if I may say so, and somehow displeased Ikrimah Alzahara.
Samir could not know that Layanah had defied his father that morning onward with his brother and his friend, but was conducted with an iron fist for riding under the close view of the Emir who appointed two guards to escort her.
To Layanah distraught over his father’s attitude only left him in tears, resign themselves to their future promised to a man she did not love. But the sweet taste of almonds with cinnamon and a touch of orange that had been on his lips when she kissed passionately Samir the night before, would accompany her throughout the journey.
- And where exactly we, Husam? – He asked Samir pretension.
- By Allah Almighty! If you do not know Samir, no one on Earth will know the face! – Husam replied with an astonished air as if trying to figure out just mocked him or spoke the truth.
Samir watched him intently for a moment and returned to the subject: – I have no idea what you’re talking about, Husam. I thought there was a place, a map or anything to take us to the place that his father mentioned in the conversation we had! – He waited while riding the horse.
Husam shook his head from side to side and continued negative: – We may not have expressed in the best way for their understanding of the causes and effects of what follows – paused – You did not open the parchment is not it? – He asked with some disappointment.
- No, not open. I did not consider it to be essential for us to make the trip open it ready … – Told him the Berber directly.
- Let the following Samir! – Resumed Husam al Din – we need to go through Beni Mellal in order to get more provisions and prepare for the great hiking in the meantime I will try to explain you everything I know about the parchment and where you and only you fit in this situation – and a come back walked over to the two men who already were waiting in the holding mounts his horse.
One was Rasil Samima of his own tribe and devoted knight, the other was Thorya descendant of the ancient Arab tribes of the Assassin and also great rider. Samir did the same and without delay went to the city of Beni Mellal in the Arabic language.
Baniy Milāl is a city not far from where they had camped the night before, situated at the foot of the mountain Tassemit in Beni Amir plain between the mountains of the Middle Atlas and the Tadla plain. Arrive at dusk and certainly could stay overnight somewhere as well as serve as a good hot meal, but this time without the captivating presence and black Layanah eyes.
The city where she has been more than once by the proximity of Khouribga should not have more than 20,000 residents, remembered the summers are very hot and very cold winters because of its location, but it was still a place very nice and was one of the most thriving in the country.
Suddenly his thoughts turned to the mysterious name of Christine while Husam also matched his horse Berber as was the custom, but dapple, was neither black nor white, but spotted. Briefly bothered him other than the name of your loved one that was in his thoughts, but turned back to the horses.
They were proud of the horses, as dating back to prehistoric times and many had been played in cave paintings. The Romans more than 2,000 years have called them horses from Barbary, they were robust and strong as the people who inhabited these lands. Really magnificent animals and loved riding them was their sense of freedom. He thought about it very quickly while trying to pay attention to the words of Husam.
- It was no coincidence that the call Samir, was more out of necessity and because no one else in 250 years that the parchment is in the power of the big Emirs, has tried the open – looked at me intently as he spoke.
- We try often Samir, knowing what it meant all this time, all you tried! But no one could know what it really meant until we find ourselves in the fountain when we were kids and I introduced him to my father – he said as he ran his hand through the horse’s mane as to caress him.
- But it’s just a scroll, I do not see what the difficulty in translating it unless it is in a language we do not have knowledge in scientific circles. Only I did yesterday because of the tiredness! – Samir told him as she sighed without tells you the truth hidden in the words. The son of the Emir laughed as long not seen, laughed like a child.
- Not old friend, you are mistaken! Noes and is “just a scroll”, it is your fate, perhaps all of us and that can open the knowledge of what has been and what is yet to come! – I spoke with much enthusiasm.
- Let me tell you what I know and understand me, and I will only tell you exactly what I saw and what it told me – Husam al Din paused to breathe a little deeper and continued.
- In 1775 as you are aware there was an earthquake that hit not only our country but also across Europe. Among the cities that suffered the most was the one that had the Volubilis fortress we know as Walila hitherto almost intact from the way the conquerors had built for nearly 1600 years to prevent the Berbers of the expel – continued Husam.
- When the great tower of Bled Takurart collapsed by the violence of the tremors and after everything calmed down this cataclysm people have looked to look for survivors and for that reason began to dig everywhere, even below this Roman tower called Tocolósida – Husam He spoke and gestured vehemently as if he had actively participated in the whole process of excavation.
- It was that time of excavations that found the great stone lid that had plowed all her inscriptions that still does not know the meaning, except those that might be associated with the people of Egypt and to my knowledge, there were few …
- Samir hurried to stop, knew Bled Takurart, had been there, after all Egyptian tombs in Morocco was at least one child mistake, even for those who were not versed in the art of archeology.
- I understand that they have uncovered a grave at random and unfortunate account of an earthquake under the rubble of Takurart, Husam, but in no way could be Egyptian, because if they would have been one of the most significant archaeological finds in history and without previous! I understand my friend? – She looked at him intently.
- They were never found any evidence of Egyptian culture in a location other than the location from which they originate own, so, dear friend, think it’s a mistake I comment on his account! – Stressed with a light reproachfully. It put to the test my knowledge and archaeological training and in no way would be challenged!
Husam apparently amused with the conversation, it was almost impossible not to notice that slight introspective smile peculiar to him. – I knew you’d say that Samir, but that’s where the question comes up that people have always inhabited the lands where he still lives, or originates from elsewhere which completely unknown? – He looked at me curiously and continued…
- We made many efforts after she came to the conclusion that no one had succumbed in the ruins of Bled Takurart, but it was necessary to know what was this building that had surely been denied to you look humanity purposely, because those who built the wall knew she exist and there would be forever! And during this process found the parchment… – ended with a vehement break and clenched fist in the air.
The story obviously had a veracity fund, Husam was not to invent truths which could not corroborate them with tangible evidence, had been through this many years ago when they made the first long distance race horses and even though none of them has won, it was assigned the courage to be confronted and killed Namira leopard devouring the sheep and goats of the shepherds.
For years the wild beast decimated flocks, to the anger of creators and for horse racing beast rushed over Husam out of a crack in the rugged rocks of the mountains that were the route of the Wind Rush. Husam was fortunate the animal has brought down his horse and not himself, but had the misfortune to have fallen at the same time or so left to face the leopard killer hog sheep could and wanted to devour men also apparently, and when it is lowered close to the ground almost dragging his belly in the desert sand, head down, tail a very smooth lateral movement as one waits for the right time, jumped on the young Husam who was still lying on the floor.
Luck was present and the flight meticulously calculated by leopard ended in a sharp and painful roar at the tip of the dagger, a gift from his father days before, and was now on his right hand under the body has already fainted the beast that weight pressed the sharp edge cord from her leg from which flowed hot blood mixed with that of her attacker.
Husam had managed to ride again after the animal had recovered from the shock and attack that felled, and with some difficulty reached the finish line long after the race was over. His concerned father and seeing the sorry state in which the child was in injuries attributed to robbers who very quickly put his head to such award, which left Husam in utter dismay the lack of credibility in their actions.
That night and with his horse, went back to where he lay still property Namira the devourer leopard men, so it seemed to him as a moment would have been your main meal, if the luck and skill had not intervened, and with the calm of one who writes a letter removed all the skin of the animal and not satisfied anointed his body with the blood of the beast.
Dawn was breaking when he arrived at camp Ikrimah Alzahara and began to listen to the increasingly loud voices in that Husam entered through the camp, on the horse there he was red with blood of the ferocious beast with skin on his shoulders.
It was an unforgettable scene and why many conversations in the following years on wheels campfires with friends, it was the things that Samir missed most in the long years who had been away from home to complete his studies in Paris. Subsequent months that he served in Cairo, where he met Carter did not do it a specialist in Egyptology, but he knew enough so that it could assess that Husam information could not be correct.
- Phoenician perhaps not Egyptian! – High thought so that Husam was startled.
- As well Phoenician? – Shouted Husam pulling strongly the reins of his horse to stop next to Samir almost preventing its passage – I’m telling you that this tomb, or whatever it is are the people of Kemet “Black Land” as was said previously and now call Egypt. And not only has symbols of other places as well that are not from this part of the world, but that which is West of our continent … – Husam nodded as he turned the horse’s head with the help of the reins and put in motion again side by side, relatively quiet, at least it seemed.
- Look Samir, fate would have it the parchment fall into our hands and that it be delivered and yet you have the unopened know that inside is written that belongs to Samir Ziaul-Haq (Light of Faith) of Khouribga.
- Do not know about you, but I know of no one with that name, either before and probably no later … – finished Husam.
A light went on in Samir mind. – Who was the guardian of parchment who died recently while the map to where we should be heading? – Asked Husam.
- Hudhafah, Old! That we visited sometimes to listen to his Desert soldier stories – nodded Husam. Samir remembered very well Hudhafah and visit with Henri de la Martinière and the impression it had been the old Berber warrior. I knew now for what reason he and his mentor had been forbidden to excavate these ruins in 1889, almost 15 years ago.
- Tell me Husam, because the Old reason had to hand over parchment to me? – Asked Samir visibly curious.
Husam amused with his friend’s questions. – You have not understood is not Samir? He did not ask to deliver to you, your name is written on parchment, with more than 250 years … – concluded Husam al Din.
The Berber took to assimilate that information, because between one thing and another had distracted me to again feel the scent of Zingara. But it was crossing an arid region that not undergrowth had therefore nothing there could have a smell so pervasive and so similar that aroma that can be justified. I had to again take control of what was happening before thought it was going crazy, or rather were trying to drive him mad! They had arrived at their destination that day Beni Mellal.
- Look Husam! – Slowly he said as he stopped the horse and dismounted in front of the stable where they would be under the Blacksmith care that night – I do not see how anyone could have left a message for a person who just born 250 years later, so I think it was someone Contemporary time of the device and that most likely would be responsible for taking care of this object! I see no other answer to this, just coincidence and coincidence are there to match right? – Nodded slightly annoyed.
Husam came a little more where Samir was and with the serenity of a monk put his hand on her shoulder heading for the exit of the stall and as they walked said:
- What if I told you that that construction can have more time construction than the actual pyramids of Egypt? – Exchanged silent glances briefly.
- May not be possible, it would not be possible! – Argued – must see this scroll, we have to go Walila before anything. If there are answers certainly we will find them there! – He paused, looked at Husam and asked him one last question.
- Husam, his father had something to do with the ban on excavations at Bled Takurart and French when I went there 15 years ago? – Samir was seriously considering the failure and disappointment of Henri de la Martinière, her protector in such decode the stone tablet found in Volubilis and kept until his death had been frustrated for failing to do the digging. Husam al Din thought it best to postpone this conversation.
- Samir In time, in time! – Already finished somewhat tired not only the trip as the subject that somehow became inappropriate. Samir was smarter than he looked, always knew. And thus he moved away from together with his two riders.
The rest of the evening spoke as always had been, did not address the issue until more because of the two riders who accompanied them since early morning and had been appointed by the Emir for the escort safely solves the paths that follow.
The fact that they are only two was just not to raise any suspicions about the destination, many knew that the parchment existed and was holder may map a great treasure and it seemed the importance of their lives was relative, since no one could predict where they could see the fatal blows, but was expected to have problems while traveling.
On the other hand if they had not followed the earlier, there was no reason for them to do so now. After the sleep dinner arrived as soon as they both lay on the bed of straw on wooden sleepers gradually I felt the Zingara perfume ever closer, was intoxicating…
Outside two figures in black clothes under turbans hiding in the shadows looking at the room where Samir Berber was installed. The half-light view from the window was soon erased and also plunged into darkness, one of the men in the shadows climbed on a horse that was hidden in the back and galloped while the other rode a vigil with the intention of not losing sight young travelers.
Karl Haushofer would not forgive any of his supporters if their orders were not followed to the letter and the watchful shadow was not about to disappoint him, the “Brothers of Light”, the secret society very soon would meet with the order of “Masters the Black Stone. “ This would be the first step to establish the new order and it would need to find out what the Berber knew about the parchment.
The way back to the studio seemed more distant than usual while driving comfortable car he owned, but his thoughts indicated that needed to find Christine to find out if she knew any of the people who had recently contacted for this new work.
I did not think the issues were related, but it was clear that these men knew of her existence and something else that could not decipher at the time, and was anxious to know exactly what it was and where it is framed in history. He decided he would not wait any longer to ask him and the conditioned movement of those accustomed, took the car console the little phone and made the desired connection.
It was not long before the call was answered. – Christine! Glad to hear it in the morning my dear! – I told him with friendly, cheerful voice – is currently busy? – Did not wait for her to answer.
- I need to ask you a question? – Waited quietly to hear the friendly voice on the other end.
- Good morning to you too Iliash! But how quickly, almost could not make his voice! – Christine showed some disapproval in the tone he spoke – but if it’s that important, ask what you want, I have no secrets for you! – Concluded snickering.
Decide to stop the access road’s edge so that it could better coordinate thoughts. – Listen, I know it will seem strange what I’m going to ask you, but it’s extremely important to answer me bluntly! – Heard a statement murmur and went – you know someone called Alexander Follmann or Theodor Morell? – Awaited the answer in silence and did not take.
- That reminds me not! But why do you ask? – I wondered after his curiosity was invoked so unexpectedly.
- Do not worry, we will find later for me to explain what I know and maybe we can find out why these two people have asked me today about it. – Paused and continued – how about dinner complete with a good wine? This time you choose it! – He added smiling.
- OK! I will make a good choice, maybe we can extend the night … – Christine did not hide in his voice the desire he felt for his beloved or how loved being in his company – will be ready in the evening, do not be late! – Hung up holding the phone tight against his chest. “Who were those men who Iliash you asked?” – He thought while continuing his way towards you small room where he reviewed the models of the new collection of the Magazine at the Liberty building.
The rest of the day to Arminandar was involved with the completion of the picture selection for the exhibition, the idea was that it could happen in a month or two, but could delay if the work had accepted the Museum was longer than anticipated. – “A journey of exploration in search of something that would be a monumental archaeological find, a money considered enough, more so than perhaps worth the service and the curiosity to know where Christine Spiegel fit it!” – Pondered in silence.
A nice hot shower was all it took to renew their spirits and get out the best part of the day, or rather night still was coming, I would have the answers we need and also the wonderful company of the woman he loved, ever more passionately.
Christine waiting standing on the sidewalk outside of the building that housed the department store, a thin, cold rain began to fall and did not want her to stay longer than necessary under that storm rushing on London, took the opportunity to make a move with the car toward the shoulder and hastened on out to open the door for her to accommodate comfortably. He was a gentleman above all and like to be recognized as such.
The cold was biting and so settled on the bench beside Christine to this pulled him by the skirts of the winter coat he used and kissed him passionately, was regarded to feel and placate the constant desire to be with him. The body’s response was mutual and only gave up continue because heard the brief whistle the whistle of the traffic policeman who rebuked them severely with the look, so they left without delay of where they were illegally parked.
Left swiftly between malicious and passionate laughter, the night promised to be unforgettable and both had been preparing for this moment all day. – So where is this secret place you will take me to dinner today my dear? – Initiated the conversation with a broad smile.
- I made a reservation at Babylon at the Roof Gardens on the Marks & Spencer in Kensington High Street in Hyde Park, despite the light rain falling they have an indoor area and cozy! – Christine sitting sideways with his legs crossed on a chair looking like songs on the car radio as he spoke. – I thought I’d leave a little bit of Soho and its fancy night! – I told her in a fun way, loved to tease him.
- Beautiful choice, would not have done better! – Accepted the provocation – even more knowing that you will pay the bill in a restaurant that probably only come in once in a lifetime for the price it costs! – He gave a laugh in return.
- Do not think about money, but to be able to pay for your company! – Christine looked at him more daring – I like to think that you belong to me! But the restaurant was for a good reason, today’s your birthday even if you have not remembered! – He could not hold back the laughter when he saw the face of Iliash get serious and disappointed with himself for forgetting size.
- I feel a perverse tone in his voice, but as you said I am their property and do not intend to do anything to change that! – He smiled as he stopped the car in front of the restaurant. A valet was quick to open the door and get in the car on the other side an assistant had already opened the door for Christine to come out and join him on the way to where dine.
They embraced as they waited for the elevator that would take them to the terrace, but did not exchange a word, each in his own way wanted to preserve that intimate and cozy time.
The restaurant Babylon at the Roof Gardens has a phenomenal features certainly a great choice for any time. The internal decoration of the areas covered is quite simple but very functional, properly suited to what is proposed and was well attended, perhaps more because of the harsh weather outside the grounds.
On the outside it was now being hit by a light rain, but steady, it was beautiful, the garden areas with very green lawns and well defined paths gave the impression of being anywhere but on top of a traditional building like Marks & Spencer, but it was undeniable that it was a phenomenal artistic and landscape work. The little bridge over the stream and the central flamingos strolling quietly around gave an air of serenity, well understood the choice of his girlfriend.
As a professional he was, his eye clinical sought to quickly fit everything that was photographed and there existed a world of possibilities ranging from the green trees until the chess table, and sinuous contours that forced routes to be followed throughout the around the site. Somehow remembered other similar place he knew well, but near his house The Ivy Garden in Chelsea as the name says itself, near Soho. Also had a casual and relaxed decor.
- Wonderful my dear! I cannot imagine a better place to spend these precious moments. I would not have chosen better place! – He said kissing her cheek with respect and affection.
The maitre d ‘greeted them and led to the discreet and reserved table by Christine who was looking at the time the menu feigning interest. – I’m curious Iliash to know what else has to tell me after that cryptic phone call this morning! – He paused slightly looking over the menu.
He was surprised himself not to be so interested in the subject as Christine in the company, but proceeded ace answers.
- Today in the morning, I had a surprise in the second meeting with the curator of the British Museum called Alexander Follmann and that made me the invitation to the archeological expedition, as is their knowledge. - He waited while the waiter served the glasses of wine Chateau Margaux 2006, the Bordeaux region - 75% Cabernet Sauvignon, 20% Merlot, Petit Verdot 3% and 2% Cabernet Franc - full bodied and elegant one of your favorites.
- I was also present such a Theodor Morell, a mysterious subject and I can certainly classify as unsympathetic! – He paused to taste a bit of good wine that would comfort the night.
Christine looked at him curiously. – All discoursed usually when they asked me if I knew you! – He sighed – surprised me, because I never imagined that you ended up being the main subject, so I made him the question about knowing the two men in question. – Let Christine answered.
- No darling! Surely not know these two people, not by name, much less personally and I cannot imagine why be a matter of this nature in their conversations, more specifically this that a dispatch of any unknown nature for all I know! – He took the cup to his lips that were more inviting and embodied with the strong color of red wine.
- Well, since you do not know the there is nothing more to say on this subject, so let’s leave it aside and in its place you belong to, to take advantage of the night! – He held the hand of his beloved with his free hand – Oh! Almost forgot. Want to go with me next meeting will be tomorrow, actually demanded his presence! – I said a little reluctantly remembering the insolence that Morell had questioned! Yes it was an interrogation.
- Then there will be no lack! Happy Birthday, dear! – Christine made a toast lightly touching the edges of fine bowls to then kiss him still with the lips moistened by wine. They were interrupted by table service that rushed to serve dinner – Loch Duart Salmon Cured Treacle, with almonds and soy milk puree, pickled radish salad, mushroom enoki, lambs lettuce and avocado. -
Felt a pleasant surprise with the plurality of flavors that drinking at the time the dish served, but were not sure why so much satisfaction and yet neither of them spoke about it cannot stop looking at each other with some curiosity involved.
Christine had to move with Arminandar to the museum the next morning and for that reason there was no reason for it to be at any place other than his apartment, but not for this reason alone went to the Soho that at this time of night teemed with passersby.
The end of the evening took place under the satin sheets of Arminandar room, a faint light caressed their bodies projecting silhouettes with continuous and rhythmic movements and just like Christine spoken to him, was dressed the heady Zíngara he had learned to recognize among the many other Perfumes.
Late at night when the sweaty bodies of the two lovers were exhausted and accommodated on the bed covered by delicate sheets gradually environmental stillness It was installing in their minds letting fall asleep slowly taking their minds to a past desert in Al- Magrib.
Samir woke up early the next day and rushed to open the scroll, needed at least disprove the hypotheses raised by friend Husam. Disposed on the bed was that piece of aged leather, much older sure what his friend had told him, perhaps 2000 years at least. Not average more than two feet on each side, was symmetrically square and cut with knife, you could see the marks even at the edges.
The center positioned themselves three points had already seen them in other places and there was comparatively it was the constellation of Orion. I used to see such symbolisms that were often attributed to various gods especially Sumerians. I had no idea why it was there, on the left one Egyptian God Ra figure nicely painted albeit worn, occupied almost half of that side, down some type of writing unknown.
At the bottom written in archaic Portuguese was “Ba Lost City of Hallou, Draa Valley, Ziz Valley, close to the Gorges of Mharech in northern Ramlia. Follow the stars to Assaka “. Who had written what he had done in 1572. Right next door there was a list of several names some were unfamiliar, but interspersed among them recognized some personalities from the history books, that strange: – Pomponius Mela, Tingentera, Theodotus Vero, Volubilis, Waraqa bin Nawfal, Hira – read for you same, the list was huge and the second last name was Rui de Sousa Carvalho, Magazão, knew who the history of his country, the Hero Magazão, in the century XVI.
Just below was the name of Samir Ziaul-Haq, Khouribga. – At least strange! – She exclaimed.
The letters and dialects were different in each name, although alternately alongside each also had several dates, possibly matching the time of each of them, the penultimate corresponded to 1570 next to the Tangier captain’s name and Magazão as was called Rui de Carvalho de Souza during the Portuguese possession of Amerruk. Only one who looked like his name was outstanding, would Hudhafah Old purposely inscribed his name on that list? If so, for what purpose? Samir thought.
There were more names on parchment but some had been overwritten by newer, yet if some of the names who were there were the characters imagined, that scroll was part of human history and had passed through many illustrious hands, some lit maybe.
But of all what only seemed the Portuguese conqueror had written something on parchment footer, the more they all boiled down to three points at the center and several broken lines with different colors piercing the center of each and that at some point crossed each other . Whether it was the constellation of Orion did not know, but the layout was the same as known in archaeological books and paintings.
He closed the scroll and hurried to find Husam who should be waiting for you. Down a small wooden staircase quietly, sat down at a table and waited tapping his fingers on the table, the waiter came over and poured her hot black coffee, some breads were served together, but Samir not He ate them. Within moments Husam al Din sat at his smiling face.
- Good morning Samir! How are we today? I hope you slept well? – Scooped smiling.
- By Allah Husam, three questions early in the morning? – Samir smiled – I’m fine, a night of well-deserved sleep – the corner of the room where the meal were two tall men appearing Germanic descent remained silent without if they were noticed.
- Read the scroll, Samir? – Husam asked curiously.
- We cannot waste time is not my friend? Yes opened this morning and I confess that I was both surprised and confused! – Samir nodded while his friend eagerly ate and sipped hot coffee.
Husam was more portly and it was natural that needed more energy, thought.
- see my friend, this is a very ancient parchment, I need some names on that long list going back at least to 2000 years ago, but I think that can be very Oldest the printed Egyptian symbol on it – paused as he savored the coffee, one of the Germans hastened to stretch his back in his chair holding a newspaper as one that absorbed the news, but what interested him even was a conversation between the two Berbers.
- Other names had never seen and even overlap the oldest, the second last name of that list is the Captain of Tangier, as you know was important figure in the siege of Al-Djadīda, as we know it in 1562 facing the Muley Mohammed troops and the Sultan his father Abdallah el-Ghalib, was a bloody war that the Arab side were about 150,000 warriors and the others were little more than 500 men – paused as he took a sip of coffee and looked around.
- The result is that two months later and 25,000 Arab soldiers killed and 117 Portuguese on the other hand, broke camp and then came his name as Magazão Hero or Al-Djadīda in our language. – Samir stopped briefly – to what is known of the history Captain would have been badly burned and perhaps mutilated because of this war, but would only die in 1573 in other conflicts, so if we start from the principle that are the same person is very remarkable and this scroll was in his possession for some time, but could not tell you for how long – finished making room for Husam speak.
- Samir Yes, I know the history, we have heroes on our side too! – He hastened to say that he was proud of his Arab lineage.
But Samir paused with his hand. – If we talk about historical differences brother, will be better than now, heed the facts and I placed the artifact at a time, just that – Samir imposed his will to take the conversation only to what in fact should interest.
- Yes, yes Samir sorry, I got carried away! – Husam smiled, it was impossible not catch him – but what else found out about the rest? – He nodded.
- Well, for some unknown reason the Captain of Tanger was also the one who wrote on parchment other things than the name itself is that it was he himself who wrote the example of mine who did not write it, but it’s there! – He sighed briefly.
- I know how to get to the “Lost City” of Ba Hallou, which is not too lost, was made some excavations in that area, is a walled town and abandoned, accessible by paths Zagora bind Taouz for Tafraoute Sidi Ali, Ramlia and Ouzina – waited for nothing Husam said. One of the mysterious men at another table quietly made some notes protected by his companion who was pretending to read the newspaper.
- Otherwise there is not much more to talk about except for the three points which seem to center the constellation of Orion, at least in the mood they are in, but it’s just supposition. From everything I saw just did not understand the symbol of Ra and where it might fit – Samir thought for a while as he looked at Husam – what the parchment has to do with the story you told me about Bled Takurart, the Tocolósida tower? – Thoughtfully waited his friend’s response.
- I’m not sure, but people who have seen it think it is related to the large tomb, has the same symbols and the parchment was found there among some stone blocks that collapsed during the earthquake – concluded with a shrug.
- In any case it’s time to leave, it will take at least ten days to reach the “Lost City”! will we! – She said Samir rising toward the bedroom to pack up and down as fast as possible. Meanwhile Husam paid to stay and meals, but not before noting that the Germans had left hurriedly toward the door, apparently were not guests and could very well be some of those who left shot in the horse the night before.
His room was next to the Samir and was in the habit always to go without turning on the lights, desert people custom, no point where is the darkness! But noticed they were not alone, knew that his two riders were downstairs on guard and not worth bothering Samir, after all it needed a good night’s sleep and hoped that his father, the Emir, had not realized the escape of the two lovers last night.
The next two weeks were a lot of horseback riding and milder conversations between the two Berber, occasionally stretched the conversation for riders who accompanied them, but when they reviewed the plans to reach Ba Hallou preferred to do it alone. Two days before arriving at the destination during the preparations to become one of the riders camp realized they were followed by six other horses about two miles away.
Husam thought he should warn his friend.
- See Samir, since we left Baniy Milāl as he liked to speak in Berber, I suspected that we were being followed and just confirm that there are six riders two miles from here to follow us at least five days, but do not approach. I thought I should know! – Samir looked at him with a certain wit.
- Yes Husam, since we left the inn that morning being followed, I think those two gentlemen who were in the same room that we should be in that caravan – Samir that brushed the horse stopped and looked into his friend’s eyes – We are Berbers do not let ourselves easily catch! – They laughed in unison with plenty of taste – I trying to protect him all this time! Now I remember why I like you so much Samir! – Said Husam al Din laughing louder this time.
The arrival at the British Museum discourse as scheduled and to see the couple approaching the wide gateway Bridget Follmann hastened to receive them, but this time with a little more serious and formal than usual. Not because the presence of Arminandar not a feast for your eyes again, but he knew exactly who was his companion, had already seen on the covers of fashion magazines and some billboards various places where he stopped frequently.
Was personally most beautiful and slender than in photographs, it was clear enough and walked with elegance, certainly that was a lucky man and now Bridget felt only an executive desk, half-forgotten in a museum…
- Hello! Good morning and welcome to the British Museum! – Welcomed them without any physical contact and no evident ceremony demonstrating the intimacy of the last meetings – Dr. Follmann awaits with Mr. Morell in the Reading Room, follow me, please! – He turned on his own heels and headed toward the large corridor leading to the library followed by the couple who until then had only nodded affirmatively the compliance with his head.
Follmann Morell and fixed her gaze on the door opening and it was obvious curiosity about the new guest that entered and that dusty old room like a ray of light illuminating a catacomb. They had the distinct impression that this extraordinary woman had own light and an undeniable confidence. But they had not the slightest idea of how such a beautiful creature that seemed fragile and still could be the key to the great discovery of the century, or of all ages!
- Arminandar! What delighted to see him again and I believe this is Christine Spiegel? – Alexander was overjoyed with the arrival of the couple and at that time held Christine’s hand in his as he had Arminandar to know him – Lovely! I must say that Miss is lovely! I saw the photos do not do it justice! – Said directing them to accommodate the old oak table.
Morell that remained standing and wore an overcoat over his shoulders and thin gloves of black leather, just greeted them formally keeping a safe distance Arminandar beside him the man who seemed to be his bodyguard. I knew he had caused unnecessary careerism in the previous meeting, but it was in his nature to test the limits of the people who knew and knew how far it could go with the one he considered to be the answer to the questions that had been doing for decades.
- I am very flattered Dr. Follmann, Iliash told me quite highly of you too! – Christine tried to return the compliment in the best possible way. – I see you have here a fine literary collection not to mention the local architecture! – He ended up settling comfortably in his chair with long arms.
Arminandar did not want to waste too much time with conversations that do not lead anywhere for that reason was more direct than the others were being and knew it would please Morell, was his turn to test it.
- How will Dr. Follmann, Mr. Morell! – Greeted them staring at each of them in that cited their names – as I was asked here I am on and marked time as well as brought me Christine Spiegel according to the requirement imposed on me for us to give continuity to the work proposal ! – Was visible only by their discontent tone of voice that emitted.
- Yes, Yes Arminandar! Excuse us for having caused this whole situation, but I think we can now clarify the reasons that brought you here and you too! – Follmann did not want to give opportunity for Morell worsen the situation more than it already was and hastened to formalize an apology.
- I ask my apologies in advance if you do not consider our request, or requirement as you prefer, an absolute necessity, but since we are gathered, let the facts! – Rose to catch a wooden box marquetry and very well decorated with geometric motifs as well as a note-book.
- In 1945, as we all know World War II came to an end and this has put an end to the Third German Reich which was under the command of Adolf Hitler. This in his last days was confined in a bunker in Berlin surrounded their best reliable official – Alexander tried to be as explicit as possible – such a man was none other than the grandfather of Mr. Morell present here, and see, this is not a source of pride for any of us including his own grandson! – Nodded firmly before continuing;
- The Fuhrer strongly believed that there were certain seals and artifacts that could change the course of the war at all times and for years, even before this started, there was already a group who collected these artifacts. We can cite the most famous among them who was the Society of Teachers of the Black Stone, later to be known eat VRIL Society, the scientific elite of the Reich! – Continued Follmann.
Began to put the pieces together in your head about the questions asked at previous meetings, was eager to see how far all this talk would take them lightly pressed Christine’s hand without knowing it, in turn she did not show discomfort even feel the apprehension her lover, but it was a team that moment and everything should be clarified.
- Continuing, one of those mystical artifacts was called Ra parchment, a type of very old map ancient and certainly, as far as we need to, we would not know for sure if a monumental treasure or something else we do not know! – The curator who was standing with his hands resting on the table took the break to help yourself to a glass of water as she felt the tense atmosphere of the room.
- This rare parchment was locked away in a safe in the room Fuhrer himself and very few people were aware of its existence. The point is that after the suicide of Hitler and Eva Braun who is known to all and the lost war, Dr. Morell that I was the Fuhrer’s personal physician is seized of such artifacts and smuggled it in secret to the West ! – Alexander looked over his spectacles and returned looking specifically for the couple who were ahead of him – any questions so far?
Arminandar was faster than Christine – No, somehow I think his teaching is great for our understanding of the story being told! – In your thoughts tried to decipher until Morell point could still be involved in this whole issue.
- So will continuing narrative, the grandfather of Mr. Morell, also named Theodor died three years later in 1948, but not before passing the parchment that is deposited into this box right next door and that will be the object of our the final analysis, to his son Theodore Morell II. – He motioned to Morell had ruled that part.
- My father is now deceased kept the box with the contents described by several postwar decades, until around the year 2000 the millennium, entrusted me with this secret now past fifteen years I have been through Dr. Alexander Follmann try to decipher its secret in the best sense of clarify what it really is this artifact! – Morell was more condescending than the last time they had spoken.
Meanwhile the curator opened with the necessary care who was used to dealing with archaeological treasures the marquetry box and put a parchment square shape on the table at a distance of all present. Bridget who until then had remained in the room unnoticed moved closer to getting his father at his side.
- What summer far only been seen by very few people, consider yourselves privileged to contemplate an artifact that may be older than civilization as we know! – The level of excitement Voice Alexander Follmann was evident and contagious, Arminandar and Christine have looked across the table in order to better observe the parchment as well as the others did, in turn Follmann the unfolding with great care and appreciation that the time requested.
It was not very intelligible logo beginning what all those lines and dots represented – the right side was an Egyptian figure that took almost half of that part and below some inscriptions that were not aware, but one that Arminandar readily acknowledged without the showed.
At the bottom a few lines written in a language even old western features, but legible and the right side where the curator was quick to put your finger on the last name of a left to the list was written – Christine Arminandar – under the name Samir Ziaul-Haq – 1905 among others that made the list in ascending order.
An obvious surprise took the couple’s account, if that parchment was as old as claimed, as the name of both had to do there?
Christine was the first to speak – I understand that my name and Iliash is in this relationship, but I do not see how this connects us to the parchment, is certainly a timely coincidence! – I said looking at Follmann and Morell, in turn Arminandar was intrigued by the inscriptions below the Egyptian figure.
- Yes, initially we thought it was just another parchment among many that are found constantly in excavations and most of them at random! – Alexander took the opportunity to catch an Arab history book that was on the oak table – of course when we saw the parchment thought the same way, but due to the distinguished names and few there related unknown decided to do further research with reference to the penultimate name list that the data presented, in 1905, does not go back a long time. – Follmann sat down and with open book in front of him began to leaf through it.
- In this book of stories and myths of North Africa there is a supposed history of the last century called “The Great Journey to the Atlas” and tells the story of Samir The Berber and their struggle against foreign invaders! – While the curator was trying to explain some of the history, it was the turn of Christine shake Iliash hand when she heard the name of Samir The Berber. Until then I had not noticed his name above his and Arminandar.
- We learned through this historical fact, story, myth or legend, as we can assign a rating, this character really existed. It was an archaeologist she formed University of Paris and had a tragic end just here on the date specified in the parchment! – Follmann continued under the watchful eyes, including Morell. Bridget did not hide the anxiety in his eyes every time he looked at Arminandar and realized the company at his side, was visibly disturbed by the presence of Christine without even knowing explain why, but tried at all costs disguise, was afraid I was in vain …
- Continue Dr. Follmann! – Christine told him eager to learn more about the strange Samir and his story had a natural empathy with all that was going on and know why, but it was not the time to reveal what was happening in his dreams while asleep.
- Yes, yes! Apparently, taking the story as true, apparently the said foreigners were a German task force led by none other than Karl Haushofer, a German general of World War II who became important piece in Nazi expansionism by his ideas, and above all the founder of the Society of Teachers of the Black Stone later known as Society VRIL! – Alexander moves with gestures while concluding the narrative.
Only Arminandar realized that Christine’s hand that was linked to his hitherto lost strength and was cold and clammy, the face of his beloved before full of life paled and her lips lost color. He hastened to return to shake his hand trying to get the maximum security possible without noticing, but it was the fact that something was very wrong with Christine and it was urgent to come out as soon as possible of that environment that now became inhospitable the extreme.
- In summary Dr. Follmann … – back to take a more formal position in relation to the healer after he had quarreled with Alexander Morell and considered part of the trap that had been prepared for that Christine was conducted that location. – Where both of us, me and Christine we fit in this whole situation here created beyond the possible and clear coincidence of our names on the parchment? – Waited so impatiently for an answer, need to get out of there as soon as possible.
Follmann looked at him as usual over the lenses of his glasses and said to him:
- That we do not know and we hoped that some of you could elucidate us about what possibly mean! – Waited in anticipation of a revealing answer that did not happen.
- Sorry to disappoint them Dr. Follmann, Mr. Morell, but do not think that we are directly related to this event and archaeological artifact, on the other hand, I will ask them to withdraw the provisional license and return to this subject in due course! – Needed evaded urgently site, feared for Christine and the sudden apathy that was affected.
- I had no opportunity to inform them of our early arrival, but promised it would take Christine Spiegel for a special session of photos in Liberty, previously marked from which it cannot miss on penalty of contract cancellation! – Believed to have been quite convincing and was not mistaken.
- Yes, Yes Arminandar! We apologize for our lack of courtesy, but we are so absorbed by history involved in this artifact that we forget that not everyone is prepared to spend long hours in discussion! – The curator showed disappointment in his words, unlike Morell who agreed taken immediately.
- I think Mr. Arminandar is absolutely right and I think for a first contact with the artifact and the incredible history behind him already done enough for today! – Morell showed itself more friendly than usual.
- On the other hand I would like to return to contact us to give continued the conversation, it is quite possible that in the meantime may arise something that has gone unnoticed for the moment, and we cannot forget that we have an archaeological expedition to start which already extend the invitation will Miss Spiegel that is here! – Morell was pleased with the outcome of the meeting was an organizer of the first line that would be the envy of larger Reich handlers.
- Yes yes! – Complemented the museum curator – great idea! The Miss Christine is very welcome in our expedition and the British Museum will spare no efforts to have every possible comfort even in the most rugged regions, that’s a promise! – Follmann got up from the chair followed by Morell and Bridget, who seemed to have been the one to repair the Christine behavior change.
They parted formally again and this time Bridget rushed to grab me by Christine amicably arm and pretend that showed him the refinements of the museum as they walked out of the reading room. Arminandar back off up the hosts swiftly to then quicken his pace down the long corridor coming close to Bridget and Christine who were already awaiting your presence near the exit.
- Do not breast that was Iliash, but she did not look well, look out as soon as possible, going back and relax a little the environment we leave behind not to raise suspicion! – Bridget took the hand of the photographer and put it in Christine’s arm so that the lead out of the museum toward the parked car. It was inevitable have not felt excitement to touch his hand, he knew from the beginning that the chemistry between them could be very powerful, but harmful to both, furthermore, he was committed!
Arminandar put Christine on passenger seat without difficulty even if it does not sketched reaction and giving back to the car entered, he turned the ignition key and maneuvered to get out as quickly as possible from that place. First saw Christine whom I loved weep bitterly silent. I had no idea why the beautiful woman full of life and he woke up next to you in the morning as a ray of sun that rises at dawn, now it was just a projection of herself. almost lifeless, colorless…
The car days ago had followed in the coffee route 2 LOVE Tea and Coffee House until the building Liberty was again chasing discreetly Rover Evoque, but this time all his senses were on standby and it has not passed him unnoticed, but also I had no interest in warding off the stranger who was trying to remain at a safe distance.
- “What had begun as a simple work proposal is showing now a crossroads Destinations” – thought. But I knew those symbols were on the parchment just did not understand its meaning and this need to rediscover the reddish metal hexagonal box that her grandmother had left her mother and now belonged to him, and he knew exactly where she was.
Parked in the listed building where he lived in Soho, this would be the best insurance at the moment port and it was urgent that he could understand what had happened to Christine during the meeting. They climbed silently into the apartment without saying a word she entered the room and closed the door. Arminandar did not dare enter…
Hasi Ba Hallo arrived at the fortress that was built on the plateau where they form some mountains and its position was strategic in the past, also protected the Mharech Oasis and its Well Lost in the Plateaux Nou Haouar.
Today a shadow of the greatness that had once been. Samir had been there about seven years ago in search of artifacts that could date to the period of the Saracen wars, there were made the control passage of the caravans which was almost mandatory and could be seen from a distance the enemy raids, the site was known since prehistoric times because of its easy access as fortification, but as almost impregnable fortress.
But at this point of the trip, did not even know where to start, the sun threatened to disappear on the horizon at any time and would much rather do any kind of operation the next morning.
One thing was certain! They have a privileged view of his followers and it was enough time for him. Settled comfortably in one of the ridges between the rocks and made camp, insisted in a fire that could be seen in the distance, it would attract the attention of those who wanted to know where they were, the better, had the advantage of being a high for any misfortune it could happen.
The caravan with the six men had stopped closer to the Lost City, but one of the flanks where the visibility was poor view angle where was the fire they saw in the distance and belonging to the Berber who followed two weeks ago, the fatigue of the Germanic It was visible.
Husam Samir and spied a few hundred meters, the fire of artifice had worked well. Husam told Rasil the knight who accompanied him, to stand guard on that side and let you know if anything changed that scenario, Thorya the Assassin was in charge of feeding the fire at the other end of the fortress.
Both Berbers waited several hours for all the lower camp were more relaxed and with the silence of the desert sands It dragged the closest they could and waited to hear what was said, could be that they could “hunt” something in air. – Herr Haushofer had news today about the arrival of the Kaiser already in Morocco and will try to overturn the Anglo-French alliance in this country.
The Russians are also not well with the revolution, it may encourage the Society! – Speaking in German in a very serious tone the man who seemed to command the group.
- Then the Kaiser Wilhelm II will be with the Sultan in Tanger in the coming days, it will be a good sign if we can expel the French and English this territory and expand the areas of the Black Stone Masters – commented the second in command. It was easy to see that there was a hierarchy in that group that undoubtedly was military, but what could they want with two Berbers in the desert? Samir thought.
- I’m tired of so much sand just want to go back to Berlin! – Said another while doing a greeting with a mug in his hand and was joined by everyone else – if not then we find that damn box the desert will eventually kill us, as he did with Fritz and Luther. I did not like having to bury them here. We should have killed the Berbers a week ago! – Concluded the German leading to mouth mug will let excessive drinking to flow into his chest by the two corners of the mouth. Samir saw fit them to leave, his German was not good, but he had heard enough addition could be discovered.
They returned to camp, but the sentry remained looked the Germans, at least now knew where they came from not only knew what they wanted, after all it was such a society? Samir thought. And what would be the Masters of the Black Stone? I never heard of any of them, but also been able had little contact with the outside world, by choice of course, but now saw that it was a mistake.
It was outdated in many things, especially when it came to changing boundaries between countries and their was tired of being the backyard of others, just needed to be dominated by the Germans in the future!
In accordance with Husam camp I did not understand anything because I did not understand another language other than the French or the Berber language Darija anticipated asking for Samir.
- So Samir, what they said those creatures of the night? – She waited with curious look.
- Well Husam, the little understood are looking for a box to give to someone who will be with the Sultan in Tanger in the coming days, I think belonging to a type of society called Masters of the Black Stone, I have no idea what that is, but are unhappy with the passing of things, it seems that two of them died because of the desert heat in recent days – paused to look Husam who nodded everything Samir told him – oh yeah! They plan to kill us also when they reach the goal! – Samir smirked.
- Allah be praised! I thought the whole trip would be boring! – Husam did not hold back and the two friends laughed quietly, but intimately knew they were in danger of death – let sleeping friend, tomorrow we will have a long day ahead in exchange overnight, we know that for now we are hunting, but the From tomorrow we will be hunters!
Samir turned to the side and fell into a deep sleep, dreaming expected with Christine as the previous nights, needed to know more about it. First saw Christine’s face in your dreams, clear skin and soft very different from yours and Layanah his beloved, well-defined and outlined lips, but needed to know more of the woman who haunted his dreams for weeks! His blue eyes were like topaz, topaz and knew those eyes were mesmerizing, but she spoke to him.
- I am Samir Ziaul-Haq because dream of you every night? – Tried to speak to him in the dream, it was the first time he had thought of that. Christine just smiled at him with a light that was itself. His sleep was interrupted by the traveling companion who stood guard, was the time to stand sentinel, the night was cold. In the morning everyone was willing, but barely slept that could influence the group’s spirits so the faster they thought what they were looking faster could leave this place that was like possessed by evil spirits, was so harsh that almost everyone avoided him.
- Good morning Husam! I think we should try to decipher why we are here as soon as possible, just do not know what to look for! – I said a little annoyed.
- Good morning Samir! What a night! – Muttered Husam al Din.
- Well, if you do not know what or what to look much less I know, but we can see the parchment again and try to find out together! – Sat close to Samir with a hot cup of coffee in hand.
The scroll was being opened on the ground when Husam put his hand over Samir and prevented him from continuing, Samir looked at him with surprise. – I need to know who is Christine, Samir. Do not hold me, please, I’m your friend and I need to know for the sake of Layanah.
Samir took the hand of the parchment and laid on the stone behind him. – Do not know who is Husam, but would like to know too! – He said looking at his friend carefully and baffled trying to figure out how he could know Christine and like nothing was revealed to him decided to ask – how did you know Husam? – He waited.
- During the night you call for her Samir, the first time I thought it was nothing, but it happens every night – Husam did not feel safe with what he said, he thought his friend was not being sincere.
- You know I love your Husam sister, and for the world to trade, do not have eyes for anyone else, though he promised to another, but something is happening, when I sleep I dream of Christine during the day feel your scent without there is something nearby, sometimes I think I’ll go mad. – Samir did not know the truth Husam’s father would not allow him to tell and for now would be best.
Already had the answer he wanted other issues were more urgent, another time they would talk more about it, but not now. – Well my friend, I believe you, let’s get down to business! Open this map and see what we have! – Said Husam.
- I do not know if it’s a Husam map! – And they both laughed heartily.
- Well here we have written what I told you in the page footer, which showed us come to this place the Lost City of Ba Hallou on this side here we have the figure of Ra the Egyptian god with the written entirely unaware – Samir pointed to the finger to the left side of the leather parchment now fully stretched on the ground – this other side we have the names and the dates, I suppose the hands of all by which this scroll has passed, but I could be even wrong that my name is on the list and I in him, so it is a very plausible hypothesis.
And finally we have the three points that we look more closely we see that already had the star shape and now seem only points on aging skin, but my gut tells me that is the constellation of Orion! – Samir Husam waited for a ruling.
- And where it falls to that box that we do not know what it is, but our unfriendly fellow travelers who are chasing us think we’ll find? – Asked Husam.
Samir had forgotten that detail, the box! – I do not know, hitherto not seen anything in this scroll that pointed me any artifacts! – Concluded while both looked at the map. Samir stepped forward:
- Split into two groups and look for clues that might lead us to any other track, or we will have to give up. And thus divided into two groups, with one of the knights Husam Samir and with each other, they would meet to the end of the day, or earlier if they found out something relevant.
It took days of searching for something that could be considered hint of why would be there, however, nothing was found. The walls before robust and insurmountable were a shadow of yesteryear, only ruins. Everywhere there were skeletons of housing construction, ceramics matches were played everywhere, in others only the desert sand covered everything that was possible.
The Germans had remained at a comfortable distance and not compromise; they tried to give the impression that they were an independent exploration, but at no time approached the Berber camp. On the evening of the fifth day and already exhausted, the Berbers explorers decided to decouple the highest peak of the fortress.
In some aspects Samir imagined that in other times like a Gothic building lost in the desert, a ghost fortress. “What stories could tell that place in case the walls could talk?” I thought only for you.
The two friends were sitting and leaning against the only wall still standing strong on the top and to the extent that the sun was setting realized that the horizon was becoming increasingly tenuous. Husam was the first to break the silence.
- Well, there’s nothing here worth our time, if there is so well hidden that neither Allah himself would find! – Shook hands with the dust that were left in camel leather hunting.
- You have this Husam there? Samir pointed with his chin to the skyline.
- At where? In the great Atlas? – Looked on with some difficulty the silhouette of the mountain range that now was almost in the shadows of twilight – no, never! I’ll always more to the other side, my father’s business are not here – nodded.
- There are the Middle Atlas, High Atlas and Anti-Atlas, some say Rife and the Tell Atlas where is the Lalla Kadidja lot is also part of the range, but do not know if it’s true – said Samir as he pointed to the peaks almost faded on the horizon.
- Are of the highest summits of Africa and those three form … – Samir stopped briefly taking the pocket quickly scroll and extending it to its front.
- That’s it! They are the stars of Orion! – Spoke with excitement – are the mountains of the Atlas! Here Toubkal the highest peak, here the al-Atlas as-Saghir and at this point the Middle Atlas, if we follow the lines that cross past the peaks to the Rife and then back by Lalla Kadidja – pointed with his fingers the points covering the lines that interconnected on parchment – it puts us right where starts this line! – Samir hit both hands against one another.
- Then we have nothing to look for here? – Asked Husam astonished at what his friend had said – if you’re right we do now? – Samir again folded the parchment containing the map and put in a safe place.
- We leave today to dusk without our friends see us, we will leave enough wood to burn all night that will keep them entertained – Samir and Husam down the wall in ruins as they spoke – but you must send one of the riders to warn his father that we for Atlas also will be better if we get some reinforcements, most likely “our friends” down there will not like being deceived! – Scooped as they reached the camp.
Night had already fallen when the Berbers was set in motion slowly so as not to arouse suspicion in the German camp, the fire crackled with enough firewood to burn for most of the night as planned, it would be the advantage to have after that was having an luck if they could hide their tracks.
The Rasil Samima who had accompanied Samir in the search for the inner fortress was sent to bring news to the Emir, but not before taking a letter from Samir was hidden for delivery to Layanah, only to it. Samir just knew I needed to get to Atlas, but not to look for or even where and that was a problem. A box it seemed was what everyone wanted and leave this principle, but did not know whether it was large or small, if there was any indication where to start.
The only clue was the parchment and later would study again, possibly something had been lost of his gaze. His thoughts were hampered by a more pleasant reminder of what to look artifacts in ruins and mountains, Layanah his beloved, as soft as the desert wind in late night and as warm as the dawn, could not think of her future without her .. .
Falling asleep on the sofa after having tried to absorb all the information captured from the first meeting with the curator of the museum, the archeological expedition, the mysterious Theodor Morell, the inclusion of Christine at the last meeting and Bridget Follmann. Noticed that she had called him by his first name and rushed to pull them out of that environment as quickly as possible, it would certainly be a valuable ally.
It could be a person more indicated to try to clarify some obscure points of the whole story, including that ancient parchment, which has brought them back to remember your child time and teller reddish metal that failed to open, eventually let saved her from side inside the bedroom closet, remained only as a reminder of his grandmother or great-grandmother, as her mother had told her.
He remembered that Christine should still be lying, had not seen her since last night, hastened to enter the room and take care of personal hygiene morning before you wake her. The environment remained in the shadows and the beautiful Christine lay on her side lightly curled up with both hands between his knees.
Still wearing the clothes of the previous day, came to the window and opened a big enough gap so that the morning light to enter the rooms without brightens any room.
Noticed while reveals the window, the car that had followed the night before found himself stationed at the building entrance, the subject matter certainly interested more people than just those who had found so far. This required immediate action, but needed to check on Christine.
He approached slowly from the edge of the double bed where many times they had been happy and leaned next to her, running a hand by their extended hair on the pillow, he felt the smell of Zíngara increasingly evident.
- Good morning princess! – Said in a low voice almost whispering – time to wake up and eat something, do not do that since yesterday morning and think I’m hungry! – Tried to soften the way the address.
- I’m not sleeping Iliash actually do not think I slept at all since we got home … – he talked with some numbness in his voice – embrace me as much as possible, I want to stay here a while with him, away from the world abroad. – She lay pasting her body on her and hugged her as if she needed to protect her from all the evil that could appear to stop them.
They stayed like that for several minutes until Christine decided to it was time to take the next step, go further. – Come; let us sit in the room need to see the morning sun to know that I’m still in control of my life! – The words had surprised him, but it would be a great opportunity to discover what had shaken both your loved one the day before the point of leaving it almost inert and powerless.
A beautiful woman who now moved casually, far from the elegance that it was inherent settled down on the couch as he made two coffees expressed in the machine on the counter that divided part of the room that led to the bar. Soon did deliver the still steaming cup to Christine sitting next to you. The coffee aroma certainly revived the spirits, and started the conversation.
- Iliash, which I’ll tell you now are very intimate and personal things that have haunted me all my life and I hope you understand that I will not have all the answers to your questions, which will surely arise, but try to be as informative as possible! – He paused before continuing as he nodded affirmatively with his head.
- During World War II my grandfather was a member of the Nazi party did not agree with Hitler’s ideas. – He sipped a sip of coffee – his name was Albrecht Haushofer, was charged with participating in the conspiracy to kill Hitler on July 20, 1944, he was killed by the Nazis in Berlin in prison the following year. My grandmother also imprisoned because of this event, he left Germany and took my mother with little more than three years of nee to London where they were accepted. – He got up to look a bit through the porch window glass that was closed and arms crossed looked Iliash and continued.
- That makes my great-grandfather Karl Haushofer and this issue has always represented a taboo in our family for involvement and thoughts of wartime. Many say that the ideals imposed by the Nazi regime were based on ideals, but there is controversy. Never quite sure whether this was true and never had an interest in knowing more about it, but yesterday I was confronted with my past without having any kind of defense! – Christine spoke more slowly now and it seemed that as the man ahead of him listened, took a weight off his back.
- My grandmother did not want to be recognized as Haushofer, renamed to Spiegel that I carry to this day and has protected me from nasty comments, especially in the profession I’m in! Too me expose my work to be crucified for things they did yesterday and saw how those people came up to me and from my past. After all, what they want Iliash? – He asked without further preamble.
He was thoughtful about what he had just heard, pondered for a few seconds, but did not want to take in response. – I’m not sure, I was taken by surprise too! If you knew that there would be so much embarrassment would not have submitted to this inadvertent humiliation! – He said demonstrating seer anger for what happened. Christine resumed the conversation.
- But that is not all. – Made a short break as he sat near his beloved, took her hand and placed it on his knee with his over – I do not know if you believe in what I say, but I think I know who Samir, the name written in parchment! – He looked at her this time with evident surprise, – “How could she know about a name that was a scroll that had been guarded for decades?” – Thought.
- From small appeared a little boy somewhere in the desert, but thought it was all in my imagination and in time became more distant, but in recent months voted happening only now he spoke to me and was already a grown man and it seems to me that he had a secret that could not be revealed! – Christine wanted to see if the man standing next to him and he loved not consider crazy at all for what he was saying.
- Do you think he could be writing our names on that parchment? And strangest furthermore because he wrote “Christine Arminadar” not my full name or yours? – Was visibly intrigued and begins to animate in discovering the truth behind the expedition who had also been invited to participate and make a point of going if the photographer does not change his mind.
- I think I know the answer and I do not think we’re going crazy if you have crossed his mind, but we are victims of a conspiracy that has just begun. – He got up without haste and entered the room while Christine now more accessible and pleased to have counted spectra of your life that few knew and had always bothered for the man she loved and who was also his comrade. But I was even more pleased by the realization that he had shown.
Soon it returned with a velvet box should not be greater than twenty square centimeters per ten high. He puts it on the coffee table and prepared to open it restarted while the conversation.
- This box will show you was given to me by my mother who had inherited from my grandmother, I’m not sure how you came into our family, but caught my attention the strange language of parchment beneath what I thought was the image Amun-Ra, the supreme god and creator of the universe in Egypt Second Intermediate Period and matching these who are here! – He picked up the little red hexagonal metal box, but not oxidized with pictures in low relief across the border as well as at the top.
- I tried several times to open it without success and do not think anyone can do it, not even sure if there’s anything inside that’s worth the effort, but it is a beautiful handcrafted piece made with a sophisticated old technology that’s obvious! – Concluded approaching the hands of Christine box.
Amazement took hold of both when the mysterious hitherto inert box in his hands began to radiate red and blue colors in the bas-reliefs in that Christine approaching your hands to touch her. I was dumbfounded, never in his life had seen this manifestation of the artifact that had saved for years and when the delicate hands got a very faint, greenish line was evident around.
They looked at each other for a moment and tried to touch her and to his surprise noticed that the intensity of bright colors decreased with his approach and gave up remove it from the hand of his beloved. The surrounding line again be present and Christine opened it revealing what was inside.
There was a folded paper that she took and her delivered if anyone should read your content it the legitimate owner of the box and so this unfolded, watched and read with her voice a little choked:
[_ "This box belongs to Warithah of Arminandar, born Dunyana Fatiha daughter Samir Ziaul-Haq the Light of Faith of the city of Khouribga and Layanah al Din of land Ikrimah Alzahara The Radiant and his son Husam al Din Faith Sword of Tadla -Azilal and Beni Mellal Al-Magrib. _]
By the will of Allah, Samir Dad the traveler’s Great Journey protected the secret of old with his life and misfortune took with him his beloved Layanah my mother, who now lie under the ruins of Bled Takurart in Oualili.
Thorya of Arminandar the Assassin my protector which took his name not to be persecuted by order of the Emir Husam al Din, who freed the vow of silence, told me about the days of uncertainty and grandeur of my ancestors. Those who find this message know that the storm is coming cannot be stopped and you are the ones chosen by Divine will!
Dunyana Ziaul Fatiha al Din – 1955 “
- Warithah was the name of my grandmother… – whispered low and bewildered look with what he had just read. Just realize that aspects that are considered the strongest in his life were in fact lies in the past. He was not a Arminandar by birth.
Rasil Samima, the rider had taken four days to reach the camp of the Emir Ikrimah Alzahara in Sidi Jaber near Beni Mellal. Ikrimah received without delay was eager for news about her son and his friend and the journey that had them in charge, was nearly a month he had no news of any kind and knew how much this walk would be dangerous.
Expected to have calculated any unforeseen during the years he learned parchment existence, Samir was the best opportunity they can find the Black Stone and close it definitively in the tomb in Walila if it was not already there, but had to wait long thirty years until I could hand you that piece of skin as old as time and for any unknown reason had the name of the young Berber Khouribga.
The friendship with his son Husam had not only been profitable for the rapprochement between them as well so that he could observe him more closely and follow its evolution as a man, just do not expect the young Samir enchant so quickly by his daughter favorite Layanah .
But what was enjoying Maktub, it was written!
And there would be no stopping them, but could try to delay as much as possible so that her daughter did not run any danger, many people wanted to unravel the parchment secret, but everyone also knew that only those who are chosen and their names appear in the relationship within it you can do it, all the others are just carriers and temporary guardians of that secret.
Was consensus among all who have ever had guarded Ra’s Scroll, as turned out to be named over time, which inevitably that artifact come at the hands of its rightful protector, so it had been with all previous to the last which had news Captain of Tangier in 1570.
Shortly before his death hid the parchment in Walila it is assumed that the metal box with the Black Stone would be together, but it seems nothing has been found and we only have knowledge of where the parchment was because of the great earthquake of 1755 that swept North Africa and the western part of Europe, would otherwise be lost forever.
- Salamu Aleikum! Ikrimah Alzahara! – Ruled Rasil Samima making a reference before the Emir.
- Wa Salam Aleikumu, Rasil of Tamejijt! Who bring good news about my son and Husam Samir? – Stressed the Emir returning reverence.
Rasil focused on reporting all the details by which had passed and that Husam al Din insisted that his father knew, including the persecution of suffering away from foreign.
He added that Husam and Samir were heading now for the Great Atlas following the map directions they had and that the stay in Hasi Ba Hallou had been only to show the next place where they should go, but that nothing had been found on site.
Alzahara thoughtful dismissed the knight and told him to go see his family, but to come back in four days, there would be new orders for it. Via very dangerous that foreign people who approached the secret of all time, it could not!
Needed to protect them at all costs especially Samir, the chosen, without it could not keep the balance of things, it was necessary for most men were with them. The news that arrived from Tangier were worrying, the German Kaiser Wilhelm II tried to overthrow the agreement between English and French on African possession, was explained in a way that the persecutors of his son would be doing there.
If they found the Black Stone overwhelm much of the Arab world for its belief that the stone possessed divine powers and it was undeniable that to him the Emir of Fquih Ben Salah and Beni Mellal also believed that.
The Kaiser’s speech would have consequences and could lead to political instability among the tribes very soon, all emirs knew Amerruk could be free by the time they wanted, but when the situation was favorable to be under the tutelage of two great powers up to prevent invasion by other foreign or even forces the country to split into pieces.
Husam Samir and would take at least two months to get to the Great Atlas, would have to go through longer paths that were not followed by the Germans or others who were interested in his expedition. In truth none of them knew what they were looking for and why it was so important to so many people it seemed!
- Husam! – Samir said crouched near the small well CHAID Ait El Qued, were walking was already two weeks and far from the High Atlas, the provisions would end soon and would have to go to the village. I imagined that the Germans were on his trail, so he had heard could not fail or would be rewarded with death, so what choice have?
- That question I asked you some time ago, you did not answer me! – He paused looking Husam who was crouched on the other side of the well.
- Sorry Samir, my degree of mediumship is a bit weak for that reason I cannot “guess” the question that you refer! – Husam laughed heartily and mockingly to see his friend’s astonished face, had long not relax, were always attentive to worse and it made tense.
Samir smiled along with his friend, but soon returned to the issue. – About the excavation in Walila, it was his father who prevented us from proceeding? – That question had been in his mind for many years, understood that the Emir did not want him as part of the family, but would not understand if he had tried to harm and also the La Martinière just wanting to discover the past of Amerruk and submit it to world. – So what do you say? – Reinforced.
- Look Samir, my father is a tough man and everyone has a problem with it, but it is also he who keeps the balance of the Berber tribes throughout the central part of Al-Magrib – paused to sip a drink of water at the same time took advantage to better think of what to say or how to say – but for all I know, he along with other emirs made a formal request to the government to nothing there was excavated and used as an excuse that it was a sacred place to the Berber tribes – Husam waited to see his friend’s reaction.
- It was not enough he take me Layanah, also needed to destroy the dreams of the French who taught me everything I know. What kind of man do what he did to someone who would never be a threat to their power? – Samir was beaten, was transparent in his face.
Husam walked away for a moment, did not like to see a man like that I knew so well prostrate as if he had been stabbed in the back by the hands of his best friend. Pondered a bit and thought it would be better to tell some things he knew were already riding for at most a month and it also had the troubled since he took his father’s decision of knowledge, it happened for at least 15 years …
- Come Samir – Husam standing reached for the friend who was sitting cross-legged, his shoulders slumped over the body of desolate way – let’s sit down in that shadow, is about to fall the night and I think there are things you need to know and understand, as your friend always did the best I could, defended him at every opportunity I had! – Said that the friend pulled strongly by the hand and both were lean back next ace stones and old wall which hung a tree with little shadow, but it was late the day’s heat no longer the hinder.
Samir looked at the landscape ahead of him without even seeing her, her thoughts were clouded and confused, barely knew the thoughts would be much more shuffled after revelations that the friend would do him then.
- Remember when we were little and you came to my camp for the first time? – He asked Husam without waiting for an answer – my father was very impressed when I presented him Samir Ziaul-Haq Khouribga looked like he’d seen a ghost and did not stay long in the tent. – continued…
- At that time I did not understand the way why he was rude which is not usual for our people, but figured it was a problem that had nothing to do with us, after all it was just two children, we should have ten years perhaps – Husam made paused to look at his friend.
- I confess I do not remember that Husam episode, but you seem so and well – completed Samir – no need to tell me that there was never appreciation for myself by your father, my friend, over it a long time and have lived well without his approval – Samir stopped, not wanting to offend his friend in any way at all were talking of his father who was none other than Ikrimah Alzahara.
- Yes, but let me continue Samir – the story that I will tell you only knew when he was twenty-five, so there is only ten years ago to make it clear, then nothing I say to you now change what already I was done, so I never told you, I always thought that would not add anything in our lives that we no longer! – Husam went with some trepidation how his friend would receive what he had to say.
- My father never interfered in our relationship of friendship, he had welcomed us to become friends, of course his approach to Layanah bothered him since the beginning and now knowing the parchment can understand it better, but not approve. But he could not interfere in your life in any way and there was an abyss of tribal conditions between us I the son of an Emir and you in a caravan driver. See Samir, nothing against the profession of his father, but were even of different tribes – Husam tried to keep the friendly tone of the conversation.
Samir listened attentive, but did not know where his friend was getting up because I had never seen that such a gulf between them, they were just friends and go! Nothing more … Husam continued.
- When was the story of Namira the leopard attacked me and only learned that much later, you were the one who defended me even without having seen the beast to attack me, years later my father said that if the leopard had appeared to have fled with Samir fear of their words, until he was amazed how such a small creature could utter a defense speech so great! – Husam laughed heartily remembering the history of the leopard.
- I knew you’d come back Husam and even coming after the trial was over knew he had a good reason, was the best rider I knew after me of course! – Both casually laughed like children.
- There was no reason to doubt his courage and Husam happened, and not admit that his own father challenged. That night he told me that my destiny was traced and it was no longer welcome at their camp. After that it became more difficult to see and coincided with the caravans when I accompanied my father, after Paris! – Samir concluded.
- That part I did not know Samir, I apologize for my father – Husam was visibly upset – but let me continue, remember that sometime later came the French archaeologist? – Samir nodded while he spoke:
- How can I forget? He gave me everything I have, knowledge, awareness of who we are and today I am a Berber who heads caravan’s why I made a choice, but not because it is required under the environment in which they live. This freedom owe him – finished, Henri was it an estimated one and had been his mentor for nearly ten years, from 1890 to the turn of the century. XX.
- The story was not that Samir, Henri de la Martinière was prospecting archaeological sites here in Al-Magrib at the request of the emirs to discover more about the scroll, and he never saw, but fate would have it the two of you come together to go in the Old Hudhafah house – Husam now spoke with more courage and Samir was curious how his friend could know and remember so many things about his life.
- My father knowing this incursion sent the French and made him a proposal for the archaeologist offer him work in the excavations. – Samir interrupted sharply.
- Yes it was the way he pushed us away and prevented to continue seeing Layanah. I was not suitable for the daughter of the Emir, just for fun your children! – Samir was resentful now wondering where the conversation would come to the revelations of Husam.
- No Samir … My father told Henri de la Martinière that if you accept it, and see, depend on your entire will, he would sponsor her studies in France for as long as was necessary, and did so throughout the years you got out – Samir was dumbfounded, this could not be possible!
Henri had been his tutor, he had never doubted that even as a full professor did not win much, but always thought that was enough to pay for their studies. This revelation could not be true. Samir had time only to say – … Husam – While trying to coordinate his ideas, everything was confused!
- Ikrimah Alzahara is a hard man, but not unfair, you saw someone who wanted and needed protection, but did not want to interfere yet it was inevitable! The Emir always wanted you to come closer, of course, had their interests, we note that now but we would not be here, their knowledge are key to this trip as we can see, but he always defended as best they could only do not want know – Husam felt tense vibe in the air, but had to end the conversation once and for all.
Samir was astonished. – You cannot Husam! This cannot be possible! – The non-conformity Samir was visible, had just discovered that a part of his life was a lie! But could he revolt why? How not believe Husam? The Emir had motive, opportunity and resources, by Allah, his world was collapsing.
He got up without a word, walked as he could until exhausted and fall on the desert sand. The night was cold as had never felt; felt the ground under his feet was gone. If this was not the end it would then be very close …
Prostrate in the desert sand Samir was carried away by the abandonment of Layanah realize that he had been taken by the selfishness of a cruel man, who was his father, the Emir! The desert silence was deafening at that time, wished he could sleep for a hundred years…
They were interrupted by the insistent ringing of the doorbell of the apartment he hastened to open at the same time calling for Christine that kept the box again into the receptacle on the coffee table. The colors were hexagonal box-dissipating the extent that it was safe and closed again was closed to the world’s eyes.
- Excuse me! Can I come in? – Bridget Follmann entered the apartment to surprise the Arminandar, but not to the surprise of the beautiful model, who was still sitting in the comfortable living room sofa, had noticed the day before the undisguised looks she threw to your beloved and were only overshadowed by revelations of the museum curator.
- I needed to talk to you without further delay, I think you are in danger! – Said Bridget. The owner of the apartment was visibly embarrassed with the situation that existed at the same time as Christine calmly as she could evaluating the slender and attractive woman who by now seemed to compete with it for the attention of her man.
- I think you already know Christine! – Realized the embarrassment of newcomer who certainly did not expect that someone else was in the apartment because it was so early. – Hello! – Bridget said without missing a beat. – Maybe I should come back another time, I did not even tease it considers that the subject matter may relate to two! – Wait for the couple’s reaction as she stared at Christine eyes.
- Please sit! – Invited the model – why not tell us what brings you here so early? – Finished with a slight defiant tone in his voice. It was evident that there was a silent competition for spaces there.
Arminandar realized the closed box on the coffee table with the now precious contents within it, would be safe unless it was open and there was no reason to think that Bridget would like Christine not give this advantage will rival. He put the paper folded again and pocketed later need to re-read it with absolute certainty.
- Good! – He started the first secretary of the British Museum – As you know my father is very excited about the discovery of the parchment and the fact that you can be the key to unravel it! – It was interrupted, but without harshness.
- Excuse me! But actually who’s your father? – He asked Iliash girlfriend.
- Bridget Follmann, my father is Alexander Follmann the curator of the museum … – he hastened to clarify as Christine slightly raised his eyebrows in surprise. – But I think that intentions Mr. Morell go beyond archaeological expedition! The Morell’s grandfather was the personal physician of Hitler as you know, much of Fuhrer Madness was attributed to him as it was considered a charlatan in his time which may have aggravated the paranoid and psychotic state the German leader by unconventional medical treatments! – He paused as Iliash hurry up to get a drink for both apparently the conversation would be long, expected at least to be instructive.
- Continuing, despite having been interrogated by the Allies after the war, revealed nothing of his connection with the Society of Black Stone founded by Karl Haushofer! – Christine stiffened up a bit on the couch, but did not let the visitor knew it, but did not pass unnoticed by the man at his side he had sworn to protect her hours before embracing in bed.
- Morell medical, gained access to the parchment and hoped that once his tenure could unravel its secrets, however, died or was murdered in 1948 and the parchment only came to our attention recently when Theodor Morell III, his grandson drew a parallel between the artifact and you two! So they were summoned to the museum! – The employee of the museum seemed unsure whether he was being understood, but reassured her soon after serving him a cup of tea.
- I understand what you’re saying, and please continue I’m very interested in everything that has to tell us! – She nodded without taking his eyes off the beautiful woman forgetting for a split second that his beloved Christine was present.
- Good! The research of my father on the Company and Karl Haushofer arrived in the Moroccan Berber tale of the Great Journey to the Atlas that tells the story of Samir and Husam who faced foreign forces in Volubilis Cologne ancient Roman city in North West Africa. – Paused to drink some more tea was on the table, I realized the smooth taste of mint which made her very relaxed – “He knows what I like!” – Thought of silence before proceeding.
- Apparently and what was found in the German secret service files, the SS, Hans Zimmermann who was the first officer of Haushofer, reported that Karl killed Samir to stay with Ra parchment and Orichalcum box as the call Now, in exchange for the freedom of Layanah al Din daughter of the Emir who had hijacked days before the camp in Beni Mellal … – he paused noticing the deep sigh of Iliash and the disappointed look of Christine – something I should know? – Hastened to ask Bridget
- No, no! Please continue I’m finding very interesting and revealing story! Until then did not know anything about all this, so it is a novelty! Christine does not agree? – His voice had changed, I was not kind as usual and she knew the reason, it could change everything in between.
- Yup! Continue Miss Follmann! It is not Miss? I wonder how this saga ends, if it ends … – He finished still looking for him.
- Yes I’m single. It is known that this happened in 1905, after Haushofer only returned to the place during the First World War in 1917 when there was a new battle. Apparently he thought Husam al Din was in possession of Orichalcum box and fought a battle that led to the death of the Berber tribe, but had to leave because of the Arab uprising against the invading aliens! – Made a longer pause to remember every detail of the story.
- In 1940 already in World War II and the consolidated VRIL Society and with the support of Hitler returned to the site of Roman ruins, then came the war and the suicide of Karl Haushofer in 1946 was known for something else took you to tomb! From there we do not know anything unless such a case that nobody seems to know where it is still disappeared and what was seen in the Reading Room toward you, I also do not know of his whereabouts! – Finished waiting for the questions.
The Arminandar mind was traveling at the speed of light, many of the questions that had been doing in recent days and especially in the last hours were being answered sadly not the way you would like. What had started as a job just by becoming a dispute between rival families and powerful forces. He found that the world in which he lived never existed, their right for name was not Arminandar but al Din, was a descendant of a warrior and powerful people of the current sultanate of Morocco.
He was in possession of an artifact that everyone wanted to have in their possession and did not even know and misfortune of fate or not, just the woman he loved was a direct descendant of the executioner of his family and accepts responsibility for his exile! Nothing else could be so surreal than this narrative just heard, that sounded like a tale from the Arabian Nights, or even a sequence of Indiana Jones.
But it was necessary not to give the impression that he knew more than he let on and per hour Orichalcum box was safe on the table in all its simplicity, however there was one thing she did not understand, because responded box at the touch of Christine and never to him, is rightfully his?
It was truly amazing and very revealing, if it does not open’s never know its content and message in that time capsule that came to your hands never have been revealed. The question was whether would continue the expedition or just forget everything and go back to your normal life.
As he thought had gotten up and walked to the window watching the mysterious vehicle that had followed them in previous night and that had remained parked until recently it was still there. He not surprised not find it, but did not know if the presence of Bridget in their fields could put it in danger of death.
This has answered your question, if needed closer to Morell, suspected that his follower fulfilled orders of this, and needed to ensure that there would fall from grace, Christine would also be an easy target back down now would not be an option.
Smiled slightly without noticing, – “So this is where my Great Journey begins!” – Felt a mixture of relief and loneliness, like an overwhelming desert that dominated his soul.
Christine realized that nothing would ever be as before, the sleepless night had a reason for being. He wished he had never set foot in that museum and much less aspire to make the trip with Iliash, remembered the famous saying – “Be careful what you wish for because it can get!” – Yes it was a catchphrase and honorable at this time.
The truth is that his grandmother had every reason to run away from his past as far as possible, apparently was the evil reign in your family for a long time and was now unveiled to the man she loved the most bare as possible.
Surely this would not end well and even for seemingly worse had declared competition, his heart felt a deep sorrow even without reason for being, so far Iliash had proved a great lover and faithful companion, there was no reason to doubt his loyalty.
Turn and was now more than proven, no matter how many times she has run away from the truth, his great-grandfather had been an important part in human history, but not in the positive sense. Also, to top it off, was responsible for the mass extinction of the entire family of his beloved Iliash, – “How could her life or compensate you for it?” – He sighed.
There were so many questions that even though the answers the more likely it is that things between them complicate even more, was a dead end and he knew it better than anyone else, but needed an escape from this embarrassing situation now did notice and the best would be that the daughter of the curator did not notice the tension between them.
- You can... - started -... That whole thing is just a misunderstanding, even though some truth as the parchment and the personalities in question exist or have existed? - Christine was sitting on the couch with his elbows on his knees and with the nail of the little finger of his right hand between his teeth by the side of his mouth, trying to appear relaxed air.
- It is possible that Samir has never existed in the way the story is being told, after all we do not know if the sources are reliable, it seems? – Listened to Bridget as she looked askance at Iliash.
The beautiful woman gestured to Christine considered unnecessary, but understood the rationale. She held the long hair and black with both hands backwards and made sure that this two turns on itself before tip over his right shoulder. She knew the art of seduction and soon to put it into practice.
Christine realized in utter despair that if this had happened the day before would not even notice this attitude of the young man ahead of him. I felt that at that moment the man she loved slipped through his fingers.
- For a research have credibility we need from reliable sources, we start from SS dossier to list the names cited by Hans Zimmermann, who was actually a member of the Society VRIL under Karl Haushofer command that is in all contemporary history books! – Paused leaning back a little and throwing her hair back gently across the Iliash of Arminandar room listened attentively without looking at the two women vying for his heart amid a silent battle.
- As for Samir, yes! He graduated in archeology from the University of Paris in mid-1900 and to set out was a close friend of Howard Carter, the archaeologist who discovered the tomb of Tutankhamen. Aside from that nothing is known for certain about his death or even if Layanah al Din existed, and his brother Husam. The Berbers records are almost all verbal and how nomadic people are is more difficult to locate them at the precise historical timeline. – This answer he already knew even noticed Christine showed his last letters to try to undo the impossible, the data were played and participants were beginning to run to the finish line.
Apparently there would be no winners in this game.
It was the turn of Arminandar which until then was still looking out the window to act. – All this was very educational to say the least, I understand its concern regarding Morell and I think you’re right. This extends to you too; it would not be very wise if he found out we had this conversation! – First he looked at Bridget and saw the affliction in his eyes, but not for herself but for him.
Christine also saw the look that focused on the glass table in the center of the room and the wooden box over her, avoided looking at him at any cost, it seemed a gray figure and without natural light that was his trademark.
Bridget saw the need to withdraw, although not intentional, understood that somehow had done considerable damage, did not want it but had to protect him.
- There is one thing that proves the whole story. Howard Carter in 1905 apparently received a stone board found by Henri de la Martinière a French archaeologist who was the mentor of Samir and referred him to the University of Paris. You are in the museum here in London; you may be able to see her secret! I just need to combine with me! – Bridget rose reaching out to the woman who sat ahead of him and greeted her without rising.
He walked toward the door as Arminandar turned back to accompany her to the exit. The last secretary words still echoed in Christine’s mind – “I just need to suit me!” – Had been excluded in a very stylish way had to recognize. It was the first time in his life he had lost a love battle without even having caught a real struggle. “Pathetic!” – He thought.
He approached to sit on the couch, but not too close to the woman who previously loved him desperately, but this rose at the same speed and picking up the bag he had left on the dining room table the night before, came back to give you on the cheek and told him:
- Goodbye Iliash. Bye my Love! – He turned and left without being accompanied to the door. He noted that even that Bridget Follmann was luckier than her.
That apartment in Soho that had become a battleground in the last hours, had no bodies strewn across the floor, but had many victims and the simple fact that he not have gone after the woman he loved only demonstrated that everything between them was over.
I had no idea what was coming, but now that he knew the truth about his Berber blood, had to devise a strategy and go for combat, he was the fourth generation al Din and - "If it was a war they wanted, would be a war that would "- thought in silence.
He had the impression that already uttered these words, but more likely it was that he had heard somewhere, sounded like a cliché of Hollywood films and not lose more time than necessary thinking about it. I needed more information about the VRIL Society, which replaces Society Black Stone and the location that was in the letter from his grandmother; Bled Takurart!
The answers would be there and it seems that the tomb of his ancestors too, but first needed to get back to the museum wanted to see such a stone board that his great-grandfather had touched and sent to Howard Carter!
Layanah was sitting in his tent writing a letter when Rasil Samima asked permission to approach the princess knew that one of the knights who had accompanied her brother had arrived a few hours before.
- Salamu Aleikum, Your Highness! – Hastened to say Rasil while doing traditional greeting and withdrew a letter from inside the leather vest – bring a letter from Samir, but his father does not know of her existence! Can lose it so princess – concluded the rider with some apprehension, deceive the Emir was not fair much less healthy, others had already suffered the wrath Alzahara for a lot less than that.
The Princess was beside himself with joy for having news of their loved, dreamed of power back to see him as soon as possible. I knew he was promised, but his father was not even given the right to know who would be elected, but one thing she knew, her heart belonged to another, his beloved Samir had known the source of transparent and clear water in the Souk.
They were young, he must have been about ten years and she bit less than he, but the sight of almost savage Berber boy watering his head under the water source that fell and wiped his sweat had been a vision of what he thought would be heaven in the land. Each trickle of water lapping on his face turned into bright stars shining with the sunshine.
- You are beautiful! - Were the first words he had spoken to him and Layanah did not even know the name of that cheeky boy who had the courage to direct the word to a princess in public! She had loved him at that moment and it would be for life.
Opened the letter quickly, but not before looking around to see if she was not being watched, recognized Samir letter, was not the only letter he received, but one of many that arrive in your hands unexpectedly. Only then they could maintain the relationship they had, would be “far but never far”, that’s what made them inseparable. He began to read:
“My beloved Princess, here where I am now on top of the lost city of Ba Hallou the silence of the desert passes the tranquility of times, but nothing makes sense without you by my side. The night we spent together in the desert is imprinted in my mind as if it were marked with a hot iron, I run with my horse to arrive quickly at my destination and can get back into his arms and again feel the taste of your lips.
The journey will be long, we’re not sure what to look for, but that Allah is with us will show us the way and soon it will be over. The Husam company is what encourages me to move forward, stranger things have happened that you speak thus we meet, but I want you to know that my life without you is meaningless.
Layanah dear, I do not care more for those who are promised, will come out of Al-Magrib somewhere where no one would look not even know who we are. Live a life of simplicity with the happiness in our hearts as children, wait for me, will soon be on the way to his heart. It’s always Samir.”
That’s all you want to hear here in distant. Make plans to elope with her lover, was tired of being on the protection of the father who insisted on making your choices, but not this time! Take the reins of your life and go after happiness that was stolen from you!
On the fourth day after his arrival Rasil Samima was again before Ikrimah Alzahara to receive his orders. A short break to see family had renewed the spirits of the Berber horsemen, but he was annoyed not to be next to Husam Samir and to be able to protect them.
Admittedly Thorya the other knight who accompanied and had been close to the group, was competent at his job, better than that, it was also a warrior of a line of Ḥashshāshīn, the clan of assassins of Persia or Syria who fought in wars from the century XI.
Most remained mercenaries, but not Thorya, therefore had no surname, but it was reliable, knew his friends were in good hands. The Emir gave him a letter that should be given to Husam his son along with him would four horsemen. There was a concern not to raise suspicions, other dissident groups thought they could take over the Black Stone and trying to control his power, but Ikrimah Alzahara knew that was impossible, because it was as far as he knew, a divine stone.
Riders under the guidance of Rasil hastened to gallop towards the High Atlas where his companions were certainly on the way. Although the trip was long and delayed a few months to get to the main point, it was urgent that the whole group to join due to the enemies pursuing them and could by now be closer than desired.
Alzahara watched them wishing it was at least about 30 years younger, that gallop was all he wanted for many years, but responsibilities as Emir could not be set aside or whole region he had managed quite successfully so far could become a “sea” of contention.
He thought briefly of his life as a free Berber diplomatic tribulations that was subject today were different times and nothing would be easier in the future. If he only knew what you know now, I would certainly have made other much better choices, more to the heart and less to reason, did not regret anything he did in the past or the decisions taken, but it could be quite different.
Perhaps for that reason so many wanted the divine Black Stone, over hundreds of years had been the most disputed object of all known land, men and women lived and died for her, but none managed to master it and those who stone chosen They turned out to be the great spiritual leaders of mankind through the ages, at least it was once believed that his power was manifested.
He remembered now the first war of Rife, or as it is known Margallo War which began officially in 1893, but the conflict was already deteriorating long before that date. The treaties of 1859, 1960 and 1961 between Spain and Morocco seemed that would be of mutual cooperation, but tensions between the patrols and the Berber tribes who did not submit or ace orders from Spain, let alone Amerruk, eventually start a conflict unprecedented in the region.
In 1890 the Rife pirates captured a merchant ship Spanish and sold his crew as slaves, this caused a great revolt by the Spaniards, who increased their power in the whole territory, but on 3 October 1893 6,000 warriors from various tribes Rife down the mountains, all armed with rifles and tried to storm the Spanish barracks of Melilla, that made him change the name of the conflict to First Melilla campaign.
Juan García Margallo y, the governor of Melilla and commander of the Spanish forces, issued an ultimatum ineffective when the Sultan sent a contingent of regular troops led by Baja-el Arbi to restore the situation, without success.
In the days that followed the battles were fierce between both parties, but in the confrontation on the 28th October Margallo eventually died in combat which resulted in a sending more Spanish troops, four infantry battalions and three regiments of cavalry under the command of General Ortega sweeping riffian people of the trenches in ruins.
In early November large rifenhas troops occupied the beaches preventing the Spanish occupation forces landed with supplies and logistics of war, that the Spanish conflict had lost about 12 officers and 100 soldiers for a month, while riffian people had lost 500 men.
With the arrival of armored cruisers Alfonso XII and Isla de Luzon, Spain has implemented its naval power to full effect, promoting relentless bombings on the coast. On November 27, General Martinez Campos brought 7000 reinforcement in men. In April 1894, Martinez Campos was appointed ambassador to Morocco and was able to negotiate the conditions of peace directly with the sultan.
Had been difficult times resembled the Emir and this was a time when Samir decided that needed to be protected at any cost, because his name was on the old parchment Hudhafah had shown him long before the birth of the Berber. The entry of Henri de la Martinière the French archaeologist had been providential.
- Really the destination track very strange ways! – Emir spoke as he gestured and walked toward the big tent, who saw him talking to himself would think it was crazy, but no, I was just thinking out loud.
Henri had been invited by the Emir to try to decipher what it was that parchment, was an authority on the subject, perhaps the best of his time, but wanted to know more about the origin of the artifact and this could not be revealed. As if that were not enough, also had a stone artifact like a board on which were written the same ace scroll down the Ra figure.
Curiosity eventually join Samir Berber with Henri de la Martinière, nothing could have been more providential than one union in order to put the young Berber safely out of Al-Magrib, but that would have a huge cost to both.
Samir wanted Layanah became his wife in the future, but for the Emir meant putting your most precious daughter at risk, hunters the Black Stone come from everywhere looking for you, could not take any chances in this regard.
Layanah, yet never forget the young Berber and even did not know that in order of her beloved father would go that far, had never smiled as before, only when he knew of Samir coming his face lit up again. Many things had happened and even now almost 15 years later everything was still very new.
Hudhafah the Elder who for years had fought the soldiers of the Foreign Legion next to the Emir, knew of the existence of the ruins of Bled Takurart in Oualili and saw the union of the young Berber with French archaeologist conducting a prophecy where they could get their hands a mystery that had lasted at least two and a half centuries.
Therefore gave them the information they needed without much delay, and did not notice the rising tide of anger among the Berber tribes of Rife that were not under control of the Sultan of Al-Magrib.
With that Ikrimah Alzahara had forbidden excavations throughout Walila, ancient Volubilis Cologne Romans which deeply angered the French who tried by all diplomatic means to carry out its purpose, turn the Emir had to dissuade him threatening to withdraw pulpy offer he had made for it to become the young tutor Samir in Europe and transform that almost savage Berber a man of science cult and had not failed in this case, by contrast, was quite proud of his protégé, the point of having gone the graduation at the University of Paris, but in disguised form did not advertise and thus went unnoticed as a guest any.
Soon would come the middle of the year and the instability was present again, the influence of the Germans on the Sultan was evident and hoped that things could take a turn better than in the earlier conflict.
But coincidence or not, something discovery proximity contained in the parchment seemed to attract temporal conflicts, it was too coincidental these two events are not related, the first conflict of Rife in mid-1890 and now in 1905 Germany’s Kaiser Wilhelm II sowing discord among the Berbers of Al-Magrib.
It was evident that something needed to be done to protect Samir Berber, and it would be necessary to make a long journey to the great Atlas. Ikrimah Alzahara thought I was too old for that kind of incursion, but this time it seemed inevitable that it was the rescue of his son and friend, preparations needed to be made and soon decamping for crossing the desert.
It would be the journey of a lifetime!
It would take 20 of your best warriors and enough supplies to make as few stops along the way, his foray into the desert awaken the interest of other tribes, some sympathetic to him others less so. That would be another issue to look after, so travel by night would be the best option, but also more difficult.
The orientation of the stars, and the main concern of the desert robbers, not knowing who owns the caravan would measure no efforts to assault them in search of gold and jewels. A caravan well protected by warriors traveling in the desert at night can only mean hidden wealth.
Everything would be ready, but not within less than at least ten days, need to be in the Sultan’s presence to advise you before the big trip, the German pressure to destabilize the region needed to be contained, on the other hand would be more or less time enough to Rasil Samima and the two riders reach his son Husam al Din and his friend Berber.
The afternoon rest was a return to the recent past, Arminandar was reviewing photographs of his work with Christine theme, but for some unknown reason he could not see colors in them, all seemed black and white even if they were not. Just felt that feeling when her mother had died years ago, be alone because I had no one else in the world, but it never bothered him.
But remembered that that loss had left the world I saw gray completely and only with the passage of time was taken up color again first tenuous, to then become stronger and vibrant. Was defined as losses, an abstract and lifeless world, it was that it was in limbo right now.
Not noticed that already it was night and this time would not have the soft voice of his girlfriend to wish you good night, not the least to pull his ears for something he had done. Fell asleep lying on the photographic study table, his thoughts were far, far away…
Gradually he felt he was with a heavy heart, but not for the reason supposed, via a small girl climbing on a boat accompanied by an Arab well dressed. He could see that she looked back looking for you, but not seen. – “Al Salamah was the boat’s name, which had seen that name?” – A deep sleep fell upon him and nothing happened other than the deep breathing of the sleeper no hurry to wake up.
Not far away in Kensington, Christine was sitting in his home in bed, hugging her ankles with her chin on her knees, tears streaming down his face a deep silence was only interrupted every time sobbing. He was a frightening desperation, did not feel so unprotected since started her modeling career away from home which was located in Newport Isle of Wight, now understood the reason why her grandmother and her mother had been isolated from the world.
The island is located south of Southampton, the English South Coast and she still had the house where grown, but has not visited as often as you like. I had kept that place to spend the days off with Iliash, but it never happened and apparently never happen from now on.
I thought he had made the right attitude to leave the apartment without giving chance to talked, his attitude had been harsh and perhaps unthinking, but he also did not try to stop her and God, how I wanted it to happen, even in the minutes They succeeded where she stood side off against the door that had just closed behind him, but he did not look, not even stood up for sure. Perhaps he was thinking of the librarian! – “That’s what she was!
A librarian! "- Thought vehemently, trying to minimize the impact of that bold woman in your life.
He remembered that he had not delivered the birthday gift her boyfriend who was still in her purse, waited the opportunity after dinner, but the involvement of two in the room did not allow interruptions of any kind.
He walked to the bag that was placed on a mobile in the room to remove the small package gift-wrapped and felt a sudden heat in the body that washed over her as a burning fire which started inside the covers thighs now only the nightgown that reached little above the knees and transparent color – “The preferred him..” – she thought.
- "How would you like to go back and fix all the mistakes made in the past 24 hours! It was not too much to ask was "- sighed quietly. Certainly not, but life had taught him that everything has a price and she would pay dearly as her mother had also done when the father discovered the truth about his past and simply walked away. Not allowed to live with the woman he loved knowing who was granddaughter. - People are strange! - She murmured.
But that guilt had besides being a descendant of who it was? Besides his grandfather could be considered a hero at least it was what we already thought he tried to repair things! Just did not work out, but if it happened as planned the war would have ended sooner and millions of lives would have been saved too!
This had always been his opinion as to Albrecht Haushofer his grandfather, Karl Haushofer but no! This would still have a score to settle with it if it was not this incarnation would be another!
Life was not fair and has not been for her, despite the apparent success the only thing valued in all this was the Iliash company that now had become only a distant thought. We had an impulse to call, come to pick up the phone and look at the picture of him on speed dial, but hesitated; he had not called, or at least sent a message. I was over had to accept that.
Left the lamplight of connected bedside, did not want to stay in the darkness, everything around was darkness. He fell asleep and saw Samir, felt he was protecting, via Berber Youth souvenirs at the parent company and brothers and voices who smiled in his thoughts, was at peace back to the desert where he should never have left. It was the place he belonged and it also…
Bridget, in front of the mirror wearing a fair pajamas that you brought out the generous curves brushing her long hair paused way, preparing to sleep, his thoughts were on the day’s events and especially in Iliash, loved it from the first moment I’d seen him, but he knew he would have no chance against Christine Spiegel that was in all the covers of fashion magazines, not to mention the billboards everywhere, but he liked to feel that it was possible and tangible. – Why not! – He spoke for itself.
Turned and settled down beneath the sheets, she missed a male company, not for lack of choice, but because he liked to believe it was demanding and that one day appear him that would change his life, the “other half” as everyone said! Perhaps he had already found, time would tell. He wanted Iliash as never desired another man. He fell asleep without difficulty, the next day was again at the museum to work another day but one day…
It was early morning and the role that previously had been closed within the Orichalcum box was now deployed on Arminandar desk, that in front of the laptop researching some of the names that stood written.
Could pinpoint the cities of Beni Mellal and Khouribga in Tadla-Azilal, It is reported up more about Al-Magrib or Morocco as we know it today. Wanted to know more about the culture of the people and its past and recent history, needed reliable elements intended to go there at some point!
A history of invasions and conquests was what he read for several hours when he finally turned his attention to Oualili the jewel of the Roman Empire in Africa in the third century of our era. – “What a glorious past must have been!” – Thought. You find what you were looking for; Bled Takurart!
- Here it is! Let’s see what it says in general. – He said to himself trying to internalize the information as best as possible:
“There are many standing remains of the ruins; two arcs, each of great size, and reasonably preserved, alone speak of the greatness of the old town, as acres and acres of land are dotted with monuments and a sculpture matches. Some isolated pillars also remain, and a huge drain or aqueduct, not unlike the Cloaca Maxima in Rome, opens into the small river below.” Walter Burton Harris, The Times 1887 – 1889
I was curious to know if the journalist would have known his great-grandfather, the Berber Samir … – “It was quite possible!” – Thought. Followed by reading the online information:
“… The first excavations at Volubilis were carried out by French archaeologist Henri de la Martinière between 1887 and 1892. In 1915, Hubert Lyautey, the military governor of Morocco French instructed the double French archaeologists Marcel and Jane Dieulafoy of digging Volubilis. Although the poor health of the Jane had prevented to implement the work plan they made to Lyautey, work began under the leadership of Louis Chatelain. The excavations have worked thousands of German prisoners of war who had been captured during the First World War, which were made available to archaeologists by Lyautey. Excavations continued with interruptions until 1941, when World War II forced his arrest.” Volubilis, Wikipedia.
Here was the name of La Martinière Samir mentor Berber. Information from the parties corroborated what Bridget had told them the day before, so it was not a fantastic invention, were concrete facts! But the information about the fortress of Bled Takurart;
- “… Bled Takurart (formerly Tocolósida), manned by Gallic and Syrian cavalry …” – were very incipient, could not get much more using that means of communication needed alternatives.
He remembered the name he had seen in the dream – “Al Salamah, which had seen that name?” – Wondered silently. Ran to a closet in the hallway leading to the master bedroom, he hastened to open some boxes which contained some old albums, the last memories he had of his family.
He flipped through them with the dexterity of those who exercise the photographer profession until he came across an old photograph in two colors and weathered, two characters were in it, a little girl about ten years using a satin dress and embroidered tulle . Beside him a tall, thin man dressed in Arab clothing, but very well-dressed, black beard and turban highlighted her features. Close behind was the name of the vessel “Al Salamah”.
Removed the photo that was secured with adhesive corners, as knew was the custom of the time, this was great because not marred the picture back as it was later recurring practice, – “necklace was easier than fixing” – remembered the lessons the photography course in his youth.
He turned the photo and read what was written: – “Warithah and Thorya of Arminandar – London 1915”. – I recognized it was her grandmother, now knew who the man next door, the Assassin her protector at the behest of Uncle Husam al Din, the Emir. But I had no idea who could have taken that photograph, your mother never told him about it, actually totally unaware of their family history.
He decided, needed review Bridget Follmann and get other information about Howard Carter stone board that was stored somewhere in the British Museum. But that was not all, the absence of Christine albeit recent, had left a huge void in your heart, not sure what that meant one party, could make an idea, but thought best at the time give you the space needed things settled down. He also needed this time!
He took the personal card he had received the day before when he took the daughter of Follmann to the exit door of his apartment and while ran through his fingers trying to decide. He picked up the phone and made the call. It did not take in listening to pleasant female voice on the other end.
- Bridget? Good day! – Arminandar made a long pause for an answer that did not come – Sorry connect at this time, may be somewhat early, although I imagine you are working, but have time to talk? – He paused again.
- Good morning Iliash! – Contentment for receiving the phone call was evident in the voice of the beautiful dark-haired woman, Arminandar seemed to be seeing it in front of you. – Of course, for you always! – Responded to requests form.
- I was intrigued by the story of the stone board and Howard Carter, I wonder if you can see it? In his clear company! – He hastened to say.
- I think it’s possible yes! But can you tell me exactly what the nature of your interest? – This time who answered was the sixth sense first secretary who first felt that man by whom she was love had not been totally honest about what he knew of the Ra’s Scroll.
- More out of curiosity than for other reasons that might be imagining. I think it should be a single archaeological artifact and thought of photographing it, if I may, of course … – waited a negative response, but was surprised by the readiness of the same.
- Yup! I think it can be done! Meet me here at the museum after the museum closes, at that time there will be no persons other than the security guards and I’ll be waiting, no tremor any problems to come in and be alone … – The answer was quite eloquent I realized it as if you were making a date, but I needed see that artifact!
- I’ll be there at the agreed schedule, without fail! We’ll see you later, thank you! – On the other side received a simple answer, but honestly – I’ll be waiting Iliash will be great to see him in a better position than last time. Until then! – And hung up.
The photographer was unsure whether the conditions to which it referred would be on the tension that the conversation had generated in the apartment grounds, or as few as surprised by the presence of Christine.
Anyway it now did not matter, there was still one thing to do and walking toward the living room coffee table opened the wooden box marquetry and removed from within the Orichalcum box, thought fantastic that she now had name and he knew!
Box did not speak to her touch which was no surprise, but at the touch of Christine history had been different! On the other side it was evident that Warithah, her grandmother also held that power over the artifact or would not have found the letter inside, – “… but what these two extraordinary women have in common?” – Thought!
He took one of the cameras in your collection with the lens that is more suited to take close-ups and details and photographed the case in all possible variations. Before leaving for the museum printed them in his personal photographic revealing, it certainly would give him the privacy he needed. Were the advantages of XXI century technology.
At the appointed time came up the museum stairs and entered through a side door, Bridget received with a gentle kiss on the cheek.
- I’m glad you came! I’m sure you will find it very interesting to Samir board as we call it. We have no idea how you got at the hands of Carter, but understand when I show you! – They walked down a corridor leading to a room with a heavy black door of oak carvings and majestic, certainly an original piece of the museum still construction.
- My father and Morell, who lately has been here every day asked me if I had heard from you, I told them no, but you would soon seek them out! You are anxious and Christine return to the museum … – turned the key in the lock and entered without delay.
Do not turn on the main lights, but a side of was attached to the wall on the right side in the shape of lotus flower, another door, but smaller, was later and Bridget asked that he waited as she entered the room, which looked more like a safe to store archaeological pieces that were not on display or cataloged.
It did not take in hear his footsteps coming back, Arminandar still had not said a word until she unwrapped the Samir board that was wrapped in a skin that considered to be lamb or camel.
- It is magnificent! – He said as he thrilled imagining that Stone board could have belonged to his great-grandfather.
- It does not seem very old; you have no idea who made the slots? – He asked looking for the young man who little or no attention overlooked artifact, certainly had something else in mind.
- No, it’s the Century III.. It was actually made at the request of Marcus Aurelius Antoninus the emperor of Rome! We know this because his name appears below. – He pointed to a corner of the investee stone of his knowledge of the facts.
- Note that the notches are the same found in the parchment just do not know if copied from the parchment, if he had, we do not know or have seen elsewhere, and that would be the most likely hypothesis!
- Propped her elbow on the table and his chin on his palm which made her a very sexy position. He returned to the theme that had brought him to this place, or so he thought.
- Do you know anything more about the Stone? – The seductive young straightened up and with both hands turned to – This is the part that I think are looking for! – Said landing it again on the skin. Ago there was an inscription with the signature that would Howard Carter:
“Board sent by Samir – found in 1904 by La Martinière – 1886 – Tocolósida,” Howard Carter – 1913.
- Do you mind if I shoot? I would like to do better later analysis? – Asked the photographer ever removing your camera to detailing – Stay there will, in fact this piece received attention recently by parchment and account as well as my father and myself, nor Morell know of their existence! – Bridget finished moving away slightly so that the photos were taken.
Arminandar took some photographs which considered satisfactory, but noticed that the use of flash emphasized something more than the object and made an adjustment to the shutter and speed to better capture the exposure. He looked through the viewfinder frame by frame while Bridget was already at his side with him. I could hear his breathing so close he could feel her warmth. His breath was sweet…
- Hang on! Turn your photos! – Said the girl squeezing her arm lightly controlled playback sequence. – Look! It is very clear with the flash light! – “Same as KV62, Valley of the Kings” – said the inscription now revealed. – This is fantastic! Carter built a message intentionally, but that was only discovered by those who could understand! – Looked lively for the photographer little understood what she meant.
- Yup! But what brings us new? What is KV62? – Arminandar asked in all innocence that was about it.
Bridget gave a very spontaneous laugh that made her more beautiful than it already was, but hastened to take both hands to her mouth so that she herself contained. – Excuse me! It was not intentional, briefly forgot that you are not the archaeological middle and found it fun! – Controlled to not return the smile, but visibly embarrassed.
- It is the tomb of Tutankhamen identification number in the Valley of the Kings, KV62! – Finished now serious, was an important discovery was a “message in a bottle” as it was called in the middle where he worked when they found tracks of other hidden places on purpose.
- You know at least what it means – “Same as KV62” – as it says here? – He waits for an answer as he put the equipment within the professional purse while Bridget hastened to put the device back in the safe in the hope that no one would notice that had been handled without express authorization.
- I have no idea, but I think we’ll find out just going there! – Said the first secretary of the museum. The proposal sounded to a larger invitation that only professional interest, moreover Arminandar dissuaded not, however, gave him to believe conditions would be possible.
- I have some things I need to finish and if all goes well, before the weekend we will be in Cairo! Okay for you? – He turned looking at the front and expecting an immediate response.
Bridget blushed slightly, but that did not pass unnoticed in your mind right now at the speed of light the thoughts flowed almost uncontrollably. - "So it was possible." "They would travel together? Christine would be included on this trip? Otherwise you could divide the same room? "- Wanted him so much...
- Of course! No problem, just will need to tell my father that I will be absent for a few days. I believe he’ll understand. – Said without much confidence.
- OK then! He combined – said as they walked back to the side door through which he had entered. It was his turn to kiss her on the cheek in return to his arrival, he took his leave with a typical good night and walked toward the car. Bridget stroked his face where still felt the heat of the men’s Arminandar lips, her body shook, but it was not cold. Re-entered the museum and disappeared into his interior.
The museum out walking toward the car will perceive from the black vehicle stopped on the other side, but hinted that he had noticed the man sue interior with phone in hand, was Heinrich Stauff obviously talking to someone, I think it was Morell, but was not sure yet.
Soon the know, had the right bait to make it happen.
- Just left! She was with him, looked very intimate! – Said the man in the car to whoever was on the other end – whether that follow? It is not yet far? – He waited.
- No! Do not do anything! Let him know where to go find it! – Morell spoke slowly and in a controlled manner. – Hold the daughter of Follmann out and follow, I want to know how far is involved! – Hung up the call. Across the car the man put the phone on top of the jacket pocket and waited.
Bridget Follmann was quick to exit the museum, a taxi waiting to take her home. The vehicle followed her all the way and pulled away from the building where she lived. It was a cold night and Heinrich hated being ambushed, but had to obey the orders of the Grand Master of the Black Stone as his father had done before him and all his ancestors as far as remembered.
- Pretty soon it will be over! – He said to himself, leaning back in the car seat.
The sound of horses’ hooves was everywhere and Samir had slept face down in the sand did not understand where it came from so much noise. Husam certainly tried to wake him in the worst way possible in revenge for not facing the camp.
He turned slowly and saw that the sun was high in the sky, should be almost half the morning was certainly late to continue the journey. – I know Husam, I should not be away so much. I am very sorry for it! Satisfied? – I said Samir trying to sit as he put his hand to shield his eyes from the burning rays of the sun.
- Schnell, schnell! – Shouted the burly man on the horse around Samir – arrest him before he can escape! – Sharply became German.
Several men got off the horse and soon immobilized the Berber did not understand what was going on, still drowsy from sleepless night. With their feet and hands tied was put curved face down by two of her tormentors on the saddle of a horse and not much more he could hear, left galloped away from becoming the camp where Husam awaited the arrival of his friend.
A night to Husam had been the longest I’ve ever had remembered, was still in doubt would have done the right thing revealing to his childhood friend what he himself only learned late that his father was the real protector Samir, but It had become evident also that was the main reason for the gap between him and his sister Layanah.
He understood that his friend needed to get away for a few hours to be able to digest all this information, but there were stale and no Samir appear. REQUIRED Thorya would send after him to bring him and remembered that they had a mission to accomplish, they needed to hurry if they wanted to reach the High Atlas before the harsh winter.
The delay Rasil to return to camp with news also bothered him, knew the round trip would be long, but the wait was becoming an uncertainty of what was to come.
- Thorya, must look Samir and bring to the camp! – Said Husam for Assassin that was already in place very early, sometimes doubted he would sleep whenever the they sought there he was ready! Thorya nodded that he would track down the Berber and bring them back, and so rose mounted and headed to the desert where Husam had seen his friend for the last time.
An hour until the Assassin thought clues leading to believe that Samir was passed had been in that place, but several traces of horses with horseshoes in circle showed that he was not alone and that it was not a friendly approach, could only know where to follow.
Thorya walked for more than two hours still following the trail left by the footprints of horses, and about two miles might catch sight of a camp that had at least a dozen horses and other so many men, who were all in uniform of black color but well aligned. Among them was one that stands out more than others and walked slowly in tight circles around what would be a prisoner sitting on the floor cross-legged and hands tied.
There was no way to approach the camp without being seen at that time of day, had to leave the night fall and missing a few hours, also could not return to warn Husam, could miss the ideal time to try to save the Berber that would make the Great Journey, so , I could only wait, at least until the evening so he could approaching cautiously and make a better assessment of the situation.
With that moved away over two miles that was not uncovered not by chance and in the meantime I could rest. Something was not right thought Husam Samir had not returned and his mount still awaited, Thorya also had not news, but going after them was not an option because it would end lose, nothing else left to him than wait patiently. It might have been a mistake all that was spoken in previous day, not sure …
Thorya left to mount a safe place where he could not be seen by even the best batsmen and stealthily approached the foreigners’ camp, there was no time for mistakes, it would depend on the lives of everyone.
On the undulations of the desert sands could see the Berber lying on the floor bleeding profusely from the mouth and nose, for sure had much spacing in an attempt to obtain some information, but there was nothing Thorya could have done in that direction or both would be dead also was not his usual thinking about what I should have done but on what do next.
Crawling near the camp where a small rise of concealed rocks either side could hear the one who supposed to be the gang’s boss ominously tried to start some important information, but did not understand the language of foreigners in order to know better what it was.
Karl Haushofer who was in Al-Magrib due to the official visit of the Kaiser had found time to see their own interests and obtaining the Ra parchment was of paramount importance to achieve find the Black Stone that would give them the power to see the future and rule the world.
- You’re tougher than I thought Berber! – Said Haushofer looking for Samir body contorted on the floor. He was quick to apply it another powerful kick in the stomach that caused this coughed spewing blood. – Tell me where is the Ra parchment and leave to live wild! – German enjoys a stone statue with hands behind standing next to Samir body writhing in pain.
Samir, with a deep cut in the eyebrow looked at him and told him: – If I did not give him, would rather die than reveal the secret, even not knowing how important that is – Samir coughed – and if I gave you kill me without hesitation! – He stopped and leaned her head on the floor, was exhausted of both catch and extremely disappointed with himself for having left catch like a rat in a trap.
- You have wild right! I would kill him without blinking that’s right, you do not have value to me or to the Society of the Black Stone! – Karl Haushofer was impassive aware that had control of the situation – the most interesting is to realize that you are defending with your life something that does not even know what it is! That’s really admirable! – The German mused.
- Could use a man with his knowledge and devotion to our society, it would be very helpful! I’ll let you think about it and come back in an hour to find your answer, otherwise of no use me and I’ll kill him! – Said it walked away without haste and without looking back, but not before leaving two guards guarding the Berber which in his view was not going anywhere.
It was expected that Thorya waiting time, did not understand anything of what they talked, but realized that the moment was timely and could be no hesitation, a few minutes before the guards relax and attack to its best as usual was. Across the stone hillside fire going and lively conversation showed they did not expect to be surprised and certainly would not happen, even for an Assassin face a dozen well-trained men and looked sure to end badly, very badly!
Sneaking out the still hot desert sand despite it being night, you could see the two guards each sitting on a rock that made them comfortable supporting the feet and arms in hand, the difficulty was to immobilize the two simultaneously.
The weapons that foreigners were carrying was not his knowledge, he had seen few and the only one where Thorya trusted blindly was his Remington Rolling Block 4, 1890. Samir was still prostrate on the ground noticeably weakened, a single horse to take both would be little, but did not have time to steal another, it would have to happen the way it was.
The ability of their ancestors would be present in the following minutes that for which he had been trained all his life and liked to exercise would be the last thing the two guards would see.
Of sneaky way approached the first guard who was sitting back on the rock, confident that no one would approach without being seen by being one facing the other, Thorya crawled by desert sand as snakes and jumped covered her mouth Man in front causing them to unbalance back, but not before throwing a flat knife and Long who planted the jugular of the guard who was facing causing it to take a hand to her neck and withdraw what was your big mistake because the blood that flowed through his fingers could no longer be contained.
While he walked to grab his Mauser that had fallen on the ground staggered and collapsed inert, meanwhile the other guard who had fallen back on the body of Thorya tried in every way to take the hand of the mouth to be able to help, but their fate was no different from the other and a dagger in moonlight half format cut his throat causing the blood would ooze over his body Assassin was still under that mountain of muscle who now began to lose strength has gone up almost a minute until the body already inert German guard was thrown aside in that same time Thorya made the most of silence to try to find out if they would be discovered, it seemed no one had realized what happened, but to stand there would not help anything.
Swiftly approached Samir and placed it stretched ahead to see if there were no serious injuries, apparently caught much but survived, was one of those Berber fighter, thought Thorya, but even more difficult was to come with a strong tug his arms put the Berber even fainted on his shoulders, and walked quickly until the mount that was at least a mile away.
When he reached the horse patiently waiting in the same place where I had left, threw Samir body above the saddle, was noticeably tired by walking and weight had carried, but could not in any way expect, the next step was the camp Husam that at this point should be very concerned.
Decided it best to both mount the same horse and distance themselves as much as possible the period that were not discovered, then not to overdrive the mount would follow the foot while Samir still in the saddle.
It had been little more than an hour when Karl Haushofer went to see if his prey had changed his mind, otherwise you would not serve for anything and would track down the other Berber should be the artifact possession.
But would not leave Morocco without the parchment!
He was not amazed at the scene saw the men stretched on the ground in pools of blood, certainly had been the work of a professional.
- Verdammt! “Damn!” – It was the only thing that came out of his mouth, was visibly angry to have underestimated his enemies, but did not let even for a moment that his revenge would be much greater than those savages had imposed.
For those who noticed the contraction of the square jaw and hard with clenched fist that was the only message they needed the big hunt had begun, no one would have peace until they found and killed the Berbers!
Without much ado broke camp and went back on the trail where they had found the Berber that morning, it would be a cavalcade of at least two hours, but not lose sight of.
Thorya knew he did not have much time and realizing the fatigue of riding decided to go down and run horse beside estimated they were about two miles from Husam camp, would be a walk of at least half an hour but could not stop and rest , by now they had discovered the corpses of the guards and would soon come I heels. He smiled quietly visualizing the scene that the German leader would find. Samir was avenged!
Soon did see a rider coming towards bringing a horse trailer, was Husam al Din who was out there looking for both.
- Thorya, I thought they were dead! Where walked? – asked Husam with visible apprehension in his voice as he dismounted to approach the two men – Samir! By Allah who did this to him? – Waited one Thorya response, but remembered that this did not speak, just gestured alluding to tall men and of Western origin.
It was enough to understand that the Germans were closer than they thought they had trapped and Samir. The Assassin was quick to point to the horizon darkened by night. – Yes, will soon arrive! Will be better hurry, help me to put Samir on his horse – became Husam expeditiously.
- Husam! – Samir said under his breath – the parchment is close to the rocks where we talked where night, we’ll need it – blood still dripped from his mouth – did not tell them anything! I did not give! – Fainted soon after.
The three riders left in shot toward the site of the scroll that was just a mile from where they were and without much delay Husam groped through the cracks of the stones that made up the wall and was not slow to find it. Samir was a smart man, never let the scroll with him when he made a stop, so do not find anything with him, had been captured before he could pick it up again. And without delay continued gallop.
Karl Haushofer not galloped as fast as I would like, but did not know would meet an ambush ahead and therefore decided it would be prudent for the journey was slower. He finds his prisoner without fail, if not the next day certainly in the other, but this time there would have mercy. No one would dare challenge the Society once again, it would undoubtedly there.
The flight 155 British Airways takes off from London to Cairo precisely on time, in the best British punctuality, inside traveling Iliash of Arminandar and Bridget Follmann, was a trip nonstop, so without delay.
Bridget had no difficulty asking a few days off work I was doing, himself Alexander Follmann, the museum curator and his father, encouraged him to take this time off, thought she needed to see over the outside world and relate to people his age. The museum was attractive in many ways, but being a guardian of history might not be in your blood, at least that’s what he thought.
Arminandar had nothing but the arrest in London, had recently noticed that he needed to leave the urban area indefinitely, on the other hand mutual friends had informed him that the day before, Christine went out trip in company of another man for the Isle of Wight where he kept a cottage, – “Do not waste time!” – thought before deciding to go to Cairo with Bridget.
His life had changed radically since entering that museum, but now knew more about himself and his origins than we ever dreamed or had an interest in knowing. What most amazed him was the way he had been dropped Christine’s life, costing you even believe it had been so easy, on the other hand he suffered in silence. Bridget was a great company and made sure the trip was not boring talking about various issues along the way.
He learned more of the history of man in those few hours of travel than in all his academic life!
The arrival at Cairo International Airport spoke without major complications, only traveling with hand luggage and this greatly facilitated the customs resourcefulness.
They had reservation at Golden Hotel in the city center, and was near the Egyptian Museum of Antiquities if necessary for some reason.
It was a three star hotel and Arminandar had been there on other occasions, it was not the first time I was in Cairo, but the first that was not for professional reasons.
He liked the simplicity of construction and the service, I was sure it would be the best option and did not take the shuttle from the airport to the hotel.
He went to the service desk which was not very big and an Egyptian in traditional dress greeted him with real enthusiasm.
- Mr. Arminandar! It is a pleasure to have you again in our hotel! – Hastened to say the short, fat man with a thick mustache, as he did sign the messenger to come up with luggage to the room booked.
- Similarly friend Zaliki! – I was not impressed at being recognized, the last time he’d been in that place made a Zaliki photo session, family and all employees and as far as I could see were still hanging by some of the corridors. I had been a professional courtesy for always being so well looked after at the hotel.
- I will always stay in the room if available and my companion in the side if not bother! – He hoped that give you the keys of the rooms as they recorded in the book and passed the pen to Bridget.
- No, not Mr. Arminandar! Reservation for two, according to his statement two days ago! – Stammered the man somewhat confused as to what had just heard.
- Yes, reservation for two, separate rooms if possible! I and Miss. Follmann are co-workers! – looked at him closely can see the sweat began to drip down from the hotel manager foreheads.
- Sorry Mr. Arminandar! We just have the vacant double room, we reserve exclusively for you, the rest are all busy … – regretted Zaliki embarrassed by the assumption that he had made when receiving the reservation on behalf of the couple, ever thought that there they were two young lovers , and as far as I could see the woman’s face that accompanied it was right!
Arminandar knew I was in high tourist season in Cairo and would be a living hell they find vacant rooms in the same hotel at different hotels but would be possible, but otherwise not.
She resigned herself to the mistake committed by both sides and blamed so it could have been more specific about it and Bridget when making the reservation, but maybe in his heart he wanted that to happen.
Bridget who listened in silence and head down pretending I was concentrated to sign the book, which for her was a commonplace thing in the museum, did it dozens of times a day, lightly bit her lower lip, his hands were slightly sweaty, with certainly due to the heat of Egypt, or not …
- What is Zaliki! – Arminandar took the key and slightly bewildered tried to remedy with the woman who accompanied him. – Sorry for the confusion regarding the rooms not I heed the fact that they could assume that we were a couple! – Rose to head down stairs avoiding looking at her.
- Do not worry Iliash, we are sure that adults behave in like one! – Blatantly lied to him and to herself, wanted him since he’d unwittingly praised the museum liked daring men, but not vulgar and it was far from being vulgar! – Furthermore, there are always couches in these rooms! – He concluded.
He could not help but smile inwardly when Iliash opened the bedroom door and despite wide, no sofa! Only a dresser with six drawers, and an armchair in addition to the racks. Worried that had let transpire its so obvious form of contentment and felt the hairs on his arms and back of the neck they raised.
Arminandar turn thought before opening the door: – “With luck I have lately there will be no sofa no, perhaps not even space for us to walk through the room without us we play!” – Was not disappointed with his sixth sense, at some time needed to better relate to the world! But still have a conversation with Zaliki about!
The trip despite being only five hours away tiring, and he was the first to suggest that they make ready for dinner.
- I’ll take first bath is not uncomfortable and so you go I change my clothes. – Bridget just nodded affirmatively and without delay Arminandar went into the bathroom where towels lay on the counter, closed the door and took a warm shower and time-consuming.
Bridget lay in bed and realized it was comfortable and soft, worthy of being tested in all respects.
- "Bridget! That the whole furor is that? "- Felt her cheeks get crimson and hot with your thoughts. The man was able to get her out of serious and did not even seem to be satisfied with their presence, it needed to change urgently.
He came out of the bathroom wearing only a towel wrapped around his waist, his modeled and athletic chest was pronounced with distinction, but what really drew attention was the color of his skin had a tan tone as the people of the desert and only now she I had noticed.
A beautiful woman who accompanied him could not help feeling a thrill in the middle of his body at the sight of the “Greek God” who was to his half-naked front once again blushed as he rose from comfortable bed and headed toward the bathroom .
Still biting her lower lip as she passed him and closed the door behind him, with a noise that did not go unnoticed
- Excuse me! I thought it was heavier! – Said keeping the door closed knowing who had run away. Idly on the still bare chest he smiled with satisfaction. – “Lovely” – thought.
The bath it was so or slower than his, was uncertain of how to behave when she opened the door between them. But I could not stay there forever and shortened the bath. When he came out just too wrapped in the towel, I realized that the room was empty his disappointment.
- Very gentlemanly Iliash! I did not need so much! – Muttered a bad mood.
- I am so ugly that not deserve your attention? – He spoke for itself. Noticed the note on the dresser:
- “Dinner ace 21h00min, do not be late I’ll be in the lobby. Iliash”.
- Do not be late! Well, we shall see! – He muttered again as she placed a black and tight dress to the knees the best style Audrey Hepburn, deep thought were similar in many things and judging by the results he saw in the mirror was not mistaken.
- Who do you think he is? – Spoke in front of the mirror with hands on hips and continuously turning around to the left and right looking for a blemish, as if that were possible, but still outraged by the ticket.
Two minutes to the appointed hour when Bridget entered the hotel lobby going to meet Arminandar to their surprise saw the first time he looked at her up and down evaluating it in every detail, it excited her deeply, knew now that It was also desired. But was unable to be late for the meeting, even if I wanted to punish him, he dominated it completely.
Arminandar was not surprised to see a beautiful woman who was in front, with curves and winding so obvious and walked elegantly paraded like a princess going to meet him. The place was more than adequate, and the hair that hung over his shoulders highlighted everything else.
Christine was now a distant thought. No longer thought it, not now.
The Estoril Talaat Harb Street in the restaurant was not far away, I could walk, it would be a little hard to find for those who did not know him, but it was not his case.
I liked the place because it is traditional and established for over fifty years and was dining issue at least once whenever I was in Cairo.
He gave her arm that she did not refuse and headed to the hotel door, walked for about ten minutes as they talked about what they saw and tried to explain what he had learned in his travels in the East, now and then was reprimanded by knowledge of Bridget, who in addition to archeology had a degree in history.
They sat in the restaurant – not very large, with a truly diffuse light, the tables are the best Arabic style as well as the food, but also serve international dishes as well as being warm and fairly informal – chose a discreet table and were soon served by the waiter.
- You are very hungry Miss. Follmann? – Purposely asked Arminandar with formality.
- Please call me Bridget! – I told him in return – not much, but as I am new around here think you like “local” may apply to both of us! – He opened a generous and captivating smile for him.
- The cold starters and then the Sause Chicken garlic and vegetables to accompany two local beers! – He asked the waiter who made the annotation and was arranging the order.
- You do not drink beer? – She remembered to ask after you requested.
- Yes No problems! I cannot say I have a habit, but I follow! – Lied again, remembered taking one or two glasses of champagne in your lifetime and yet because of the cocktails in the mandatory exhibitions the Museum of London and all this under the strict supervision of his father. Now would be on their own, but was not going to disappoint you in any way.
- So Bridget, only talked about his father, the museum and the historical artifacts, but tell me, do you? How is your life outside of this environment? – Asked with obvious curiosity, I wanted to know more about her and had already asked that question at another time, thought it was a good time to broach the subject.
- I live to work! Just me and my dad, I am the only person in my life and there is not much time for other things! – She took a sip of beer that was strong but not bitter, and who had just been served at the same fear that wanted him to know she was available if wanted.
- So you are married to the job? – Purposely joked the question, were entering a dangerous game, but by that time seemed appropriate.
- Not married! This will I do when I find my prince charming! Until then occupy me of my duties and in a way I’m very happy! And have you found your princess?
- It was not woman mincing words, knew what he wanted and was willing to put up our dukes.
- I thought have thought so, but I was wrong and apparently already has a better company! – Do not hide his displeasure with the question; however, there was no reason to continue feeding something that no longer existed.
The waiter served the deliveries to the young couple and Arminandar took the opportunity to ask for a beer, Bridget was still half certainly was not a creature of London nights. He noted the presence of two other men, a little distant, at the corner table by the window, he recognized one of them as the driver who guarded him in the last visit to the British Museum, Heinrich Stauff.
Bridget was beaming, had obtained the answer he wanted, he was not compromised, his suspicions were confirmed. I had noticed, since he had gone to his apartment in Soho, which were no longer a couple like the day before at the museum.
Something had changed forcefully that turned out to separate them, but that did not interest him, it was none of your business, only cared about what he knew now, he was free.
- My dear! – Arminandar was surprised by the treatment itself that was giving to his companion, he apologized then. – Excuse me! But in time, if you can go to see if Toilette recognize any of the men at the table by the window, I think we’re being followed! – He suggested to his companion that passed at that time serenity that long ago not seen.
- Do not look back! Just go if you happen to feel at ease to do so when you get up. – I was waiting while the beautiful brunette who nodded affirmatively company made him his head as drank the meal.
- I’m not sure what you asked for supper, but this is amazing! Long time since I dined so well! – Was visibly pleased with the request – if you’ll excuse me I’m going to Toilette for a moment and will not be long! – Stood up and leaned over him kissing him on the cheek, then walked toward the female Toilette.
Arminandar surprised by the kiss was long enough to be noticed, but also so he could watch the men that he had referred. Knew one of them for sure, just do not know what I would be doing that as long distance, but it certainly was under the orders of his boss and that was a big problem. Briefly he feared for the safety of his father, but he was a man of the world and would be fine, believe it.
On the way to Arminandar company sat down at the table and told him: – One is the right arm of Morell, the most thin and tall! I have no idea why you’re here, and do not think it’s coincidence. – Bridget stopped while waiting for Iliash response.
- It is certainly no coincidence, as it was not when I left the museum the night that we met and the day before at the door of my house! – Felt annoyed to be at this point being pursued – The more I know about Morell? – He paused – you are well Bridget?
- I feel a little dizzy, I think I abused beer. Can we go back to the hotel? – Said in a voice slightly choked. The walk up to the circular Toilette had alcohol in his system and was not used as the numbing effect did not take long.
- Yes of course! Waiter, the bill, please! – He asked Arminandar expeditiously. Soon he arrived and left on the table a higher score than the account value. – Keep the change! – Bridget led by the arm to the exit and all the way were embraced like a normal couple, but he drove to the hotel, it was obvious that he was not well, even though the result of a single bottle of beer!
They climbed the stairs to the room after they catch the key with Zaliki, who received them with a smile to see them so close together, and then he was right after all. Arminandar opened the bedroom door and just lit sidelights the head of the bed, took her in his arms as she entwined her neck with both arms and rested her head on his shoulder.
He laid her on the bed with great care, while she was still with arms entwined around him begged quietly looking into his eyes: – Love me Iliash…
Ikrimah Alzahara had come just a day of Tangier where you turn the sultan and had encouraged him to stay with the agreements between England and France, via the German expansionism as harmful, not that others were not, but his experience as leader told him would rather fight a known enemy to wage a new battle with an unknown enemy, by the way was too old for that too.
The Kaiser had caused much damage to the internal policy of Al-Magrib, but that an hour might expect, his goal was to track down his son Husam so he could rescue him safely along with Samir, had been more people in the entourage William II than just diplomats and something told him they were not there with peaceful intentions. He gave orders for the top 20 riders did preparations to leave the next day at dawn with him, the Black Stone of time to be in safe hands was running out.
The dozens of miles to the east, Samir is reestablished, under a palm tree, it took at least ten days since he had been imprisoned, had to make some detours that were not found and now just waiting for nightfall to continue their journey toward the Great Atlas. The Samir conditions had prevented from following faster but would smell there may be in another week or two if nothing will get in the way.
- Sorry for all Husam work, they did not think it would be so bold to the point of imprison me – began Samir who had not spoken to his friend from what he considered the great revelation of his life – these men are willing to do anything to find such box that do not even know if it exists, but I had a proof of his intentions and did not seem to me good! – She smiled through gritted teeth even with the scars on his lips made by German boots.
- Not your fault Samir, I ended up talking too much and do not even know if it was my right to say what she said!
- Husam swore to himself – I’m sorry for what my father did and you have caused, I think I just wanted to protect Layanah this was the best way I found it! – Concluded looking at the friend who put the saddle on the horse calmly.
- I think so and I consider myself lucky! In other times would have been left to rot in the desert just looking at her! – They both smiled – no hard feelings, the past few days have shown me that the world is cruel by nature, as on that side, his father was an “angel” in my life and say westerners. He paused, looking at the horizon, something had aroused his suspicion – let someone is fast approaching, see the distance! – Said after pointing to the dunes.
There would be time to flee or shelter by the way, at least from what Samir knew the place so had to hang around in hopes that rivaled and perhaps a little luck could inflict some significant casualties on the Germans who gave them more time to escape.
Husam and Samir were on one side of the passage through which thought that the riders would be forced to pass on the other side Thorya to do crossfire as protecting the sand dunes just in the desert, or almost nothing, but had the advantages of the element of surprise and high points.
The Knights fell walking and approached cautiously ambush point, one dismounted and walked with rifle in hand. Husam recognized the man and then rushed shouting: – Salamu Aleikum, Rasil! – The Berber tribe loyal to the Emir made a sign lifting the rifle with one hand while the other dismounted the horse, Samir down the high dune for next traveler as Thorya still remained watchful.
- Wa Salam Aleikumu, Husam! We were worried that we could not find them or they were already dead! – Rasil said without much rodeo which surprised that Samir was watching the conversation.
- How many are you Rasil? How many warriors my father sent to help us? – Husam hoped that those who were there were only an advanced detachment of scouts as usual.
- Only Husam al Din! Her father arranged the four horsemen who accompanied me, but we were ambushed about 30 miles from here by a group of heavily armed foreign and suffered two low three days ago, so are me alone and these two riders – Rasil complemented delivering a letter to Samir in Emir name.
The Berber was quick to open it and pass it on to his friend’s son Emir:
“Al-Magrib danger in the hands of foreigners who now inflate our people against the West we have the agreements and among the Berber tribes, I fear that an Arab uprising is to come and thus the Sultan asks my presence which cannot do without the position that I occupy and will one day be my son Husam al Din.
So I ask you to ensure by their safety and his, people who want to get their hands on the coveted Black Stone will use to impose an authority that does not have it to the Arabs from all regions, in time will know how much she It is powerful.
As soon as I can will ride with my warriors to help protect them in the place that Rasil said the find which I do not write this message, it may be intercepted on the way. May Allah be with you! “Ikrimah Alzahara the Shining One, Lord of all the land between the towns of Fquih Ben Salah and Beni Mellal.”
- Let Husam, we have no time to waste this will be all the help terms yet! – Said Samir turning to Rasil – how many foreigners had estimated that the ambush? – Awaited the answer.
- We have at least 20, all on horseback and with very heavy weapons, we heard some machine guns, was what struck us – Rasil concluded.
- Husam received reinforcements, so still no’s caught us are playing cat and mouse. Will wait we have brought them to the barns Aoujgal of Cliff, in the High Atlas which is the next step where we’re going and where you probably will find a mysterious box – Samir hastened to get on the horse.
- We will be close to Assaka in Awnila or Ounila Valley as you like, between Ait Benhaddou and Telouet, or as Aoujgal in the region between Azilal and Imilchil. If not there, we have to proceed to the Anti-Atlas – Samir went on horseback towards the mountain range, it bothered him that they were being persecuted in such an orderly fashion, knew that it was unscrupulous people, but do not catch him so easily.
Rasil hastened to deliver a second letter to Husam, he was surprised at not being in his father Emir, but of Layanah his sister, but would not have time to read it now, would leave later and in his view nothing It was so important it could not wait until nightfall.
Karl Haushofer was a year older than Samir, but very obstinate, was born in 1869 in Munich belonged to a family of artists and scholars, in 1887, he incorporated the first field artillery regiment “Prinzregent Luitpold” and completed the Bavarian military school , the Academy of artillery and the Bavarian Academy of war.
Haushofer continued his career as a professional soldier, serving in the army of Imperial Germany.
Giving up was not in their vocabulary and very soon would have the blood of their Berber enemies, one of his men confirmed that they had been there a few hours only and were now six instead of three, which did not surprise the German leave the Berbers who had found the way to escape was a strategy to find the others. Now I knew where they were going and would soon find them and subjugate them to his will and the Black Stone Society!
In the morning the next day the Emir gave orders that all the warriors chosen to mount their horses and followed, made a prayer before and without delay addressed to the path leading to the Great Atlas, to ride day and night with small stops shorten the trip in a long time, but need to be careful folded with the robbers, not very sympathetic to the way he mediated conflicts between the tribes.
Knowing that everywhere had probably spies his head would be at a premium, so it avoided taking long trips through the desert they were not strictly necessary and this would be one of them. Everything from now would be a race against time and everyone involved knew that there was no time to lose.
Husam took the opportunity to open the letter that his sister had sent him inside had another to be delivered to Samir, but Husam thought his friend had already suffered enough and decided it was not the time, at least now, to receive news of Layanah. In the letter to Husam read:
“Dear brother Samir delivered this letter to his dear friend, life and death decisions can be contained inside, everything will depend on what he decides. His sister always grateful Layanah al Din. “
Husam held back for a moment, but it would be so important that it could be decided between life and death? I thought while deciding what to do with the letter, but then decided he needed to become aware of its contents and without delay opened and began to read:
“Dear and beloved Samir …”
- Everything else read it with deep wonder and finally a deep sadness came over him, dishonor had fallen upon his family planned to flee against the will of the Emir his father, but it was not enough a big storm was coming by the message of the rest and his sister was betrothed to another, that not even he knew who it was, but it had always been like this since before she met Samir!
Quietly they rose in mounts and always rode ahead, the friendship between the two had become a shadow of what it had been. If this was not one approves of survival did not know what it was, thought Husam. For its part Samir remembered the scar on his face, was not deep but visible young inheritance when his friend Husam had been surrounded by young people from other tribes and wanted to give him a lesson by being the son of who it was.
That would never happen while he lived, friends defend themselves without expecting retribution and right now do not know if I was being a good friend or not, not sure how it would rediscover the Emir knowing what he knew now about it…
- His father is Husam way, will come with their riders, there will need to hold the position! – Samir hastened in informing the friend, Husam just nodded affirmatively with his head. The tension between them was visible.
It took two weeks until they reached the Atlas and from there began to climb the mountain range. They must discover the barns, the Caves in Oualidia would be a good start, there are hundreds, even thousands of excavated caves on the slopes of the Atlas mountain range, a larger smaller ones, but generally constituted refuge over time for all people by passersby, some fortified barns were called Agadires by the Portuguese.
If it were not for there would have to go further south, the oldest fortified barns are called igoudr n-iroumines (agadires the Romans) or igoudr n-bertkiz (agadires Portuguese), as the Berbers of the Atlas believe that they originate Roman or Portuguese, as an archaeologist would bet on the first option, but Ra parchment with’ve come to call it after the German quote him in this way, has both Portuguese names like Roman over time, there is a logical choice to do, just follow the explorer’s instinct.
They decided that encamped near Assaka and in the coming days would ride to Assaka Wizguer and finally Ikis. Two men were charged to collect firewood while two others stood guard, the fire would have to be protected from the night of darkness or could be seen in the distance. In the desert night it was warmer, even when lowered temperatures, but in the case of Atlas was intense cold and could not afford to have ridden both succumb ace forces of nature.
Bridget woke with the light coming through the bedroom window, I had no idea what time it was, but he knew he would not have to go to the museum, was in Cairo, Golden Hotel and Iliash.
He was surprised to realize that I was completely naked only covered by a pearly color satin sheets and slid easily over your skin, came to be hard to control it on the body. He looked around and did not see anyone else. Sighed with relief, he probably had managed to get another room and left her there, but still had no idea as just that bed and naked! Although covered by the sheet that insisted to escape from the top of his body as he settled in bed.
Almost pulled the sheet up to his neck when he heard the creaking of the bathroom door handle and then immediately appears Iliash figure just like the previous day, just with the bath towel around his waist.
Perceived by the scent that invaded the room that he had not shaved, lotion he used was striking, any woman would know that he felt embarrassed, I could have gotten what he wanted so badly one night with the man she wanted and not I remember absolutely nothing. She hated herself briefly. – “Damn Egyptian beer!” – Thought gritting his teeth.
- Good morning princess! Are you feeling better today? – Arminandar was amused by the question, knew she was embarrassed.
- Iliash Look, I’m not the kind you think. Whatever it is that happened last night, I know it was consensual, but I’m not one to make it easy for any man. – He tried to apologize for the attitude and the uncomfortable situation he was in, had fled such against life and just when he thought he found her Prince Charming, and gave in to his charms at full condition!
Arminandar sat on the edge of the bed where Bridget was lying and tried to further pull the sheet to cover herself, but in vain by the weight that the man beside her had on him now.
- What do you think happened here yesterday, princess? – He asked the question directly running his fingers in her hair that increasingly cringed at his touch.
- Well, it’s obvious that we had a great night! – Tried to hide the embarrassment and take control of the situation.
- You cannot lie Bridget! I confess that I liked the invitation, and do not regret it! – Flashed a wide smile that even at that time they wanted to hate him for being a profiteer of defenseless women, could not!
- “Stupid, stupid, stupid!” – I thought still clutching the sheet.
- I do not … – What hatred she felt at that moment, as much of it as her! As was stupid to think that that would be a different man from all others appearing and his life. Again he felt the weight of defeat in love in his heart.
He could not help himself, he realized the whole situation and decided to calm her.
- It does not have to be ashamed, after we got here you still asleep in my arms and tried to say something I did not understand. – I tried to relax as much as possible the environment while selected the clothes she would wear on the expedition will KV62 tomb that day.
- Of course I had to undress her, but I was careful to turn off the lights before that, just not to embarrass her, after that I lay down beside her SO THE SHEETS! – Stressed and the latter part.
- I thought I’d take a shower before they woke up, it would be less embarrassing for both of us in my opinion! – He had lied about not having heard what she whispered in his ear, as well as on off the lights, but not for the rest. Bridget was a beautiful woman and deserved to be loved and possessed in all its fullness. I knew it, but not like that.
- Excuse me! - I told him with trembling lip - I did not want things to be like this, I feel bad! -again by his side ran his fingers between the long strands of her hair, they were very silky and rewarding.
- I'm not prepared, I've just come out of a very new relationship, but I promise we'll have fun while we're here! - He came over to kiss her cheek, but found his lips than refused. It was a long kiss in absolute silence.
Bridget lay aside the bed still with the sheet covering her body. Arminandar got up and went to change clothes in the bathroom, I liked to kiss her. She was hoping.
They left the Golden Hotel in hand, were happy with the morning’s events, but needed to go to the Valley of the Kings which is located on the west bank of the Nile, opposite Luxor (ancient Thebes), it would be quite a journey.
They sought a travel agency that had used before and trusted. Soon did were en route to the site, Bridget lain her head on the shoulder of the man next to her and to whom she had given the most despicable thoughts moments before we came to smile without being noticed. His instinct had not failed; he was the man she both had expected.
The trip was dull but necessary and as soon as they could get off shuttle that took them made their way to tour the main purpose of the visit will tomb of Pharaoh Tutankhamen boy. The Pharaoh’s crypt is actually a masterpiece of ancient engineering was almost impossible not to get impressed by the richness of detail inside that mausoleum.
Bridget seemed fascinated by being in Cairo for the first time and even more so by the place where it was at the time and had only seen in history books.
- See Iliash! What are these wonderful frescoes! To think that has more than 3500 years! – I was amazed with so much charm.
- Yes, they are magnificent, are the records of a culture who left his mark on history in the way they knew! – She replied promptly.
- But I must remind her that the purpose of the visit is another! – Hastened to tell me, did not want to stay there longer than necessary.
- As we do not have the pictures of parchment, we will build on these by here. – He pulled two photographs which appeared to Orichalcum box and its reliefs.
- Where did you get this? – Bridget leaned against the wall trying to hide. – It can be killed only to have these photos! – Some people who were part of the tour looked at us with curiosity and disapproval by the noise they made. She walked toward him and pressed his body to hers against the wall and kissed her calmly, but burning, biting her lower lip at the end. For a moment she did not open her eyes.
- We managed to disguise! – It was the only thing that the man who had kissed her so rude and engaging said turning in the opposite direction with one of the photographs in hand.
- We need to see what Carter saw also and for that we must find some of these symbols! – I told him without looking back, knowing she was looking at him.
He spent more than an hour until Bridget and Iliash decided to sit on the floor leaning against the wall in front of the granite block it formerly housed the sarcophagus of the boy pharaoh. But not in the ceiling let alone the walls, there was no evidence of writing and diagrams, if it can be called so, who were in the photographs.
- Where did you get these pictures? Still did not answer me? – ask returned to the beautiful woman who accompanied him.
- In my apartment in Soho on the day you were there. I was inside the wooden box on the coffee table in front of you … – I told him slowly looking at the picture at arm’s length trying to see something that was not there.
- And how it got in your home? – Still I wanted to know how that artifact that was the Holy Grail of Vril Society and perhaps even of archeology was not the hand of none other than Iliash of Arminandar the photographer.
- It was my grandmother. Daughter Layanah al Din and Samir Ziaul-Haq, discovered the whole story moments before his unexpected arrival, while Christine told me that his great-grandfather was Karl Haushofer! – She sighed deeply recalling that fateful morning.
- And where is she now? – He asked the girl out of curiosity.
- Here with me in the bag along with the cameras. I thought it would be as good a place as any to save it. – He opened the bag containing the photographic material and removed the box that was accommodated in one of the compartments. It made sure no one was around and placed in the hands of Bridget.
Again I was surprised that she gleamed in the blue and red colors in the hands of the woman who accompanied him. Was intrigued by the discovery, for him it was a real mystery! Spend years trying to figure out his secret and in less than a week, two people who do it, managed to make it work.
- How to open? – He asked in all its innocence Bridget.
- Do not open! – He cleared his throat in a bad mood for the reminder that the artifact now much sought after by many brought him – only two people to my knowledge managed to open it, my grandmother and Christine Spiegel! – Unwillingly pronounced the name of the latter.
- And now you! He finished as a thin line ran the border box.
He lifted the lid and looked empty, but it was not. In the background there was an object that looked like a very thin blade in hexagonal equal to the box, lit in two colors at the touch of Bridget that withdrew as the utmost care.
- It’s a key! Maybe that’s what Carter seen, not the case, but the hexagonal shape! – Their experience in the museum it would be very helpful now needed to put into practice their professional knowledge.
- I think we need to find a picture with this key format! If you are here you can see it for sure! – Said to euphoric Arminandar placing it inside the box and returning to that he kept before others knew of their existence into their hand.
- I got this box my whole life and never managed to open it, but when put in the hands of Christine she just lit up in various colors and the ease with which unwrapped her a gift, she opened the box… – still speaking stunned by what happened which I could not understand in its entirety. – And now you too….
- What do you mean? Because I could not open it? By the way, now I do not see or how to open it, it has no groove to indicate that this is possible! – Said Bridget still sitting on the floor looking at the box in his hand.
Bridget thought for a few minutes while they sat side by side in KV62 crypt floor, when she spoke to him without changing the vocal tone:
- You know we’re talking about a technological device that has a biometric identification system, right? – Looked Iliash turned to face her with visible surprise, I had never thought that way in such an ancient artifact.
That changed the whole context of technology and time knew. – “As something that could be ancient, possess such an advanced technology?” – Thought silently wondering if Bridget would be asking the same question to herself.
Did not comment on the matter by not knowing exactly what to say, again stretched the farthest arm as he could, placing the photograph he had taken of entries to the box away and found a match. – I know what I saw Carte! – Said euphoric. – Look! This is an image overlay in three dimensions! – Turned the photograph over and over again.
- There is a specific image that forms the enigmatic writing box, but rather a mixture of several different positions! – Shook his head slowly opposite sides and realized that some of the hieroglyphs were painted on the walls, from certain angles, the way they were positioned at corners and edges could form the inscriptions that were on the edge of Orichalcum box. – This is remarkable! – Rose pulling Bridget that still could not understand what he was getting.
He went behind the beautiful woman who accompanied him and hugged completely holding her hands with their opposite body. One seemed so stuck that they were, the body of Bridget burned in a fire that could not be seen, while the Arminandar moved breathing with face pressed to his.
- Can you see? Look at the junction of the hieroglyphs of this point of view! – Shook his traveling companion in such a way that there would be no room for leakage. Bridget had never felt so vulnerable and protected at the same time.
But something distracted her at the time – Yes I see! That fantastic! This cannot be possible! – The technology that was present in those drawings throughout the crypt of the boy pharaoh was far beyond his time and even our own.
I understand now why people throughout the ages have killed and died for that “blessed” Cash it was time to extend the knowledge it had about it the Iliash.
At that moment everything went black around the couple that just gets stuck inside Tutankhamen’s tomb. The sightseeing tour was over and it seemed no one had noticed their presence in the tomb, or even the absence in the back of the tour they had hired.
They were not surprised by what happened and maybe it was better that way, they would have more privacy. How good photographer who was possessed lighting tools for the environments were the best possible to be photographed and among his profession’s possessions were two small autonomous LED spotlights energy, which allowed cold light enough for several hours. It would be ideal to explore the site undisturbed, which opened precedent for other situations too…
The Agadir has a defensive purpose. A Agadir involves some common parts such as water tank, mosques, the gatehouse, the space inflass (representatives of the families), walls, kitchen, toilets, among other private parts, consisting of the storage compartments. There is still a reserved space to house livestock.
Usually built on collective land, the property of the ruling tribe or uncultivated land on the hill. The materials used are always those who abound in place, lime, mud or clay, loose stones and bricks. The doors are made of wood and decorated with motifs denouncing strong amazighes and sub-Saharan influences.
The stairs are built with limestone slabs with a half embedded in the walls. For agadires of Aoujgal of Cliff are also of difficult access and its importance to the survival of these populations became quite evident during the invasions by foreign forces to the Great Atlas, but they found a resistance unprecedented being forced most of the time to retreat and keep only the fields in the desert plains.
After Ikis output the group headed for the higher parts in search of agadires some clue that could point to elucidate some hint of parchment, or vice versa. That night would be protected within any of agadires or at worst a well-hidden place to spend the night, it would be a great opportunity to review the parchment and review something that has been overlooked.
Samir stopped Husam comment with the views he had with Christine, at all times you became prisoner the anguish he felt was only appeased by blackouts due to the successive beating. But it was the way of finding out about the mysterious woman who haunted his dreams since more time than assumed, recalled that on other occasions when I was younger and when I was studying in Paris, sometimes I felt a The presence not I could discern who it was, but at that time did not bother him.
He knew she was Christine and lived in a distant country by their features the way saw in his dreams, but unknown that place would be this, and did not understand what she told him about the case, how could you know about the box? Many questions needed answers, but the difficulties it was facing not allowed to crash better communication, because it was evident that both have a connection that transcends the natural world, the same explanation for this had unless he was getting completely crazy, which It could also be a possibility.
The events of recent months certainly had messed with your sanity at times doubted yourself in the making right now not sure if it was on track in the pursuit of so mysterious box and at times wished not even find it.
Despite all that had happened Samir did not know or had no idea what was still to come, it would be as creepy and expected storm that would befall all? No one would come out unscathed even wished? It would be a journey between heaven and hell and not all would be saved?
All these questions the bothered, when he thought until recently was just another Berber caravan in Amerruk.
The Berber slept soundly, knowing that he was near discover your destination, and that night for the first time Christine told her voice calm and soft, faded in the shadows and mists, but he recognized that voice the figure as this in recent months your dreams, like a deity who accompanied him wherever he went.
- I am Christine, Samir Ziaul-Haq Khouribga Al-Magrib! I need to know where is the Ancient Library … – The voice repeated more than once in the same sentence and Samir was not sure what to do, because it did not have any knowledge of this kind, at least not yet, so there would be no response.
- Cash, Samir, cannot fall into the hands of the Society! If this happens also lose Arminandar! – The voice that invaded his dreams was more apprehensive, almost pleading and Samir needed to know more about the stranger who accompanied him on his journey during sleep.
- I am Samir Ziaul-Haq Khouribga, Berber, because reason haunts my dreams? – Asked Samir in her dream.
The answer was quick and blue eyes on light skin with golden resplendent became more experienced in Samir’s mind.
- I’m Christine Arminandar! I have lived their dreams and their affiliations! I am in my time the guardian of the box … – The voice Christine was soft and warm, long ago that Samir did not feel as safe and protected in his life, his youth memories in his father’s company and brothers, voices who smiled in his thoughts did lose connection with Christine for a while.
He struggled to learn more and tried to select your thoughts in the search for more information, and brought him perhaps to the box that I had no idea where he might hidden. So far, so it was only prospects based on the little information that provided him the parchment. I needed some way to re-establish that contact, had to warn that did not have the box and maybe not could find.
Husam al Din leaning against a rock in freight will fire watched his friend struggle in his sleep, Samir’s arms were lifted up in the air and tried to grab something that was not present. It was a pain to see what was going on with the companion of so many trips and adventures in recent months since she’d found in the tent in Ahl oasis of Souss where they talked and laughed during most of stay, was now a shadow of what their friendship had been.
The decision to rely aspects Samir’s life that he was unaware were a big blow between them, but had been a long time he wanted to reveal the truth to the friend who always saw the Emir as a declared enemy, even if the respected at all times. Something had to be done and would not abandon his friend in any situation to be.
- Christine Arminandar! Christine … – were the last words I heard from the mouth of Husam friend in his sleep before he even fall asleep, was exhausted, felt the weight of the world on his shoulders. He smiled covertly with what he had to think “The weight of the world on my shoulders, just at the Atlas mountain range! Nothing could be more appropriate … “
Samir was crouched in front of the fire picking up the coffee pot to put in a glass, was a cool morning could be said that the temperature was mild and still sleepy Husam opened his eyes and saw his friend – Time to wake Sultan! – Samir smiled as he watched his friend trying to lift the lazy body.
- I see you woke up in a good mood Samir. I cannot say the same, I had a hell of a night! – Husam said visibly upset and making an effort to sit – and you dreamed about anyone in particular? – Finished with a slight touch of sarcasm at the same time I wanted to know more about the dreams of Samir and why he struggled so much sleeping.
- I feel a disapproving tone in his Husam words, anything I should know? – Samir looked at him curiously.
- Yes, you struggled most of the night, at least in the period when I was awake, soon after fell asleep – Husam spoke haltingly but without facing the friend did not want to let on that he knew more than he said, wanted to hear the Samir very mouth of the dream he had had with the goddess bright-eyed, at least so he understood.
Samir was confused, just remember having dreamed the night before, but that friend very revealing more things had happened to him, knew Husam well enough to know when hiding something.
- Come Husam put out what he is going through throat like a dagger! What do you want to know? – Samir waited for his friend to settle comfortably as she poured herself a hot cup of coffee.
Husam looking right in his eyes told him:
- It sounded like you talked to this woman that has haunted you night. I cannot remember the name, but I was careful to note not to forget, in the only place that I found – said it pulled the thing that was at hand the night before and Samir saw the friend you deliver the old parchment that had been with Husam from who had been rescued from the Germans.
A tremor seized Samir’s body to pick up the parchment for a time had even forgotten him during the trip, but now and without much ceremony opened on the floor. To his amazement he saw the name of Christine Arminandar below their – By Allah! – Said Samir taking startled by what he saw, it was not something you write not even playing and sounded almost heresy in the desecration of such an ancient artifact! – In the past we could have been sentenced to death only to have hinted such a thing Husam – concluded Samir leaving the body fall back and sit back in Agadir stone wall where they were.
- I did not understand! – Said Husam through open mouth.
Samir was still looking down the name of his, remembered perfectly Christine in her dreams, but not complement – of Arminandar … – muttered, but enough that the friend heard.
- Christine of Arminandar! This was even the name I heard and wrote on parchment to not forget. You know what it means? Perhaps the homeland of the mysterious woman! – Husam friend tried to extract more information.
- Yes maybe, but never heard of such a place, Arminandar. When we get back to civilization find out more about it – said Samir looking for the son of the Emir – just do not remember that part in dreams, thank you for having written down, but still do not know if it was a good idea to do it in parchment… – paused with a thoughtful air – may have been that way my name ended up there, and if so, we suffer from the same problem!
Dreams that communicate! – Samir raised his eyebrows to see well Husam expression.
- Samir Well, if I ever thought you were strange, now I have proof! After a while you will find that will be the new prophet! – Husam Samir and looked at each other with these last words – Samir Sorry, I should not have said that, but it seems that his story is following in the footsteps of the prophet. It’s scary! – He concluded Husam standing up and shaking the dust of camel leather pants.
Samir meditated. “Yes, nothing stranger than to find your name on a papyrus over 2,000 years where other names he knew well and there were even Waraqa bin Nawfal Christian cousin Khadija bint Khuwaylid wife Mohand” – shook his head and took to up also needed fresh air!
Rasil approached the two Berber leaving the interior of Agadir – see Husam, several men equal to those who attacked us are climbing the mountain – pointed to the mountain foothills below – are divided into several groups of five and soon find us! – Concluded Rasil.
Husam Samir and looked at each other, they understood that they needed an urgent plan would not be possible to continue looking for such cash and hiding at the same time. I had no idea nor the Emir was near or far, as far as they knew they were alone and on their own.
Husam at that time had an impulse to approach the friend in their letter Layanah had sent in his name to it, but decided not to exalt more the mood between them. In time would make a reckoning, the honor of his tribe was at stake and even Samir and his best friend there things that could not allow in any way.
- We need to split up Husam and has to be now! I get Thorya and two knights and Rasil with you and the other rider! – Samir was busier than usual, urged time and could be the last chance to find the place where the mysterious box would be hidden – see the parchment again Husam, we have the three peaks of the Atlas, the lines that intersect the places where we spent and the place where we started in the Lost City – Samir looked Husam who paid careful attention to everything he heard.
- Here we have the High Atlas where we are now, to the left in the coastal region is Al-Djadīda or Magazão as it was known, on the right side we have the Lost City of Ba Hallou and across no less than Walila or Volubilis Cologne! – Husam listened attentively his friend’s words as he looked the points that this explained.
- If we cross the points we have a convergence in Tadla-Azilal, which would lead us to the point where we started near Beni Mellal, and it does not make sense to have come all this way to have to go back! – Stressed extending open hands on the parchment. – Need to know what we have not seen!
Had four or five hours until the foreigners reached, therefore, the decision of what to do, it would be now – Um, Beni Mellal! – Husam laughed, followed by others very high that could be heard no distance – So we went out of my father’s land just for you to be tortured and almost killed and I do part of his bodyguards? – Continued laughing now accompanied by Samir.
Both laughed with gusto, because they feel unusual that needed to travel as far to get back to the place of origin.
-No! It cannot be that – said Samir trying to compose himself while Husam cried with laughter – come on, what we saw, help me Husam! – Samir begged trying to keep from laughing.
- The most important place is Beni Mellal which means “Day” where it is Kasba Ras el Ain was built by Moulay Ismail in 1688, he was the Alawite dynasty. The purpose of having built this fort was to preserve the source of Ain Asserdoun so far nothing much – Husam who knew the history of his tribe still – it can be something that our ancestors worshiped! – Concluded.
As Carter was missing this time, Samir knew he was the best known in Egyptology, but Cairo where he was according to the latest information he had was too far away and there would be time to enlist the help of this other academic friend.
- “What would he do this time?” – Thought Samir – see Husam, Ra was the sun god creator of all creatures that walked the earth, and here the left has its representation – Samir pointed with his finger.
- Was later created a new name and symbol of what became known as Amun-Ra which means “the hiding of the Sun”. It may be that you want to tell Black Stone, or Black Sun Stone therefore hidden! – Samir paused, was excited by the logic that came you trying to unravel the map where possibly the groove box.
To tell the truth when he remembered Howard Carter remembered also the endless hours that were making enigmatic games between them to see who came out best in the logic of deciphering.
Samir could not be as good as Carter in hieroglyphic writing, and Carter was not as much he in discovering archaeological sites – this means that this scroll is prior to welding of the two symbols and I’m sure we need the lines drawn on the map to find the Ankh or as they called it. It’s a cross as a Christian only the upper rod has the oval shape. It can only be that! – Summed Samir hoping Husam al Din say something about it.
- All right, let’s imagine you’re right, because the Captain Magazão it knew where the box did a Christian cross? – Asked Husam somewhat skeptical of Samir theory.
Samir walked around a bit without speaking and finally said: – Think about it, we are an Islamic country by nature, there is an intolerance to Christianity, so any object that could fall into the wrong hands would be destroyed without delay. On the other hand, the AMON symbol that may have been in our past most of the deities is common both in our culture as the Egyptian and would not do us a lot of species to see him carved or inscribed anywhere. It is also known as the Nile where the key is the gift of life – paused.
- But we can still see the map of interconnected lines Atlas, Magazão, Oualili, known as Walila and the Lost City of Ba Hallou where to begin. If we take the initial will AMON, this because the Lost City also once called Neter, the cosmic principle – reached down to again double the parchment, had lost a lot of time trying to decipher what was supposed to be an elaborate code to ward off the curious.
- And that Ansada Cruz that we know how it is, but what is the meaning? – Husam asked curiously.
- It is the symbol of life, the truth of life after death. It may be the great power that has the hidden stone and that everyone wants, it may be why I have dreamed of the mysterious woman. It can be in the world of the dead or anywhere else you wish to protect the stone or use it for another purpose – paused.
- But I think we’ll find out soon, I realized that the more we approach the site where it may be the case, most recurrent dreams are, just do not remember everything that happens without you would never know that she is Christine Arminandar – sighed Samir visibly disappointed – may need you at night friend – he concluded.
- No problem, we’ll see that later. For now we will focus on finding the symbol of such Ansada Cruz, let’s draw for Rasil and Thorya to have more chances in less time.
Those foreigners will soon come in and certainly want our heads! – Husam ended the conversation and after a few moments divided into two groups by agadires of Aoujgal cliffs in the High Atlas. There was what they were looking, hidden for over 250 years at least.
The Germans under the command of Karl Haushofer rose swiftly the mountain range as a human chain with soldiers spaced by about ten meters. They made a targeted and organized scan which showed leadership by their commander in chief and it became too dangerous.
Samir knew he was dealing with a specialized strength and would not hesitate to devastate everything ahead to achieve your goal, although he did not know what they wanted with the box and the Black Stone, but in the hands of those men would be for a single purpose; total domination of the known world.
Samir briefly froze and turned pale, knew what it was the Black Stone, indeed the Black Sun Stone! I’d rather take that secret to the grave than reveal it to anyone…
There was no reason to prevent the photographer and the daughter of the curator, who apparently had narrowed ties during the successive visits to the British Museum, were prevented from traveling to Cairo.
It was quite possible that up to be a motivator so he could find the Orichalcum box your Haushofer had lost in Samir’s hand Berber!
Just was not very well understood why they would be going to Egypt. Alexander Follmann was an idealist who would not understand the real reason of archaeological expedition, but would not let it got in his way. His grandfather Theodore Morell I had succumbed to the whims and follies of Hitler so he could have access to the Ra’s Scroll, Haushofer had underestimated their loyalty will VRIL Society.
Theodore Morell II in turn, did not believe it worthwhile to chase an idea that did not represent their ideal of life, but had learned all the stories about the Company and the Orichalcum box that Samir Berber had kept in his bed death.
He Theodore Morell III, would be the true agent of the Apocalypse on earth! Would have the supreme power that had been Aaron, Buddha, Jesus and Muhammad! I knew the truth about the Black Stone and how to make it work, but it needed to have access to the Ancient Library!
Your trump card would be Christine Spiegel, had noticed the change of the beautiful young behavior while Alexander Follmann was his playful discourse on Ra’s Scroll, the decoy had worked better shape than expected, and when Karl Haushofer was quoted, had the sure it was the woman he was looking for, the direct descendant of the founder of VRIL Society.
Just do not yet understand what the importance of Iliash of Arminandar in all this. He did not fit in anything you could come to mind will not be evident curiosity and attraction this was to Bridget Follmann and now strolled in Cairo as two lovers on vacation. – “Of course there might be something more …” – thought in silence.
Christine Spiegel would be his trump card, after he discovered who she really was the rest was easy, “convince” her to join his entourage, he had not been any difficulty, for it handsomely remunerated subordinates. Now I needed to put the plan into action remaining.
In the silence of the room where he was accommodated Christine thought:
- "Telling the story of his family moments before this event did not help much, but the impact of the revelations yesterday by museum curator caught her off guard, never imagined that issues like this could be addressed so directly and unexpectedly, even in front of your dearly beloved Iliash. "- Now it was more like a prisoner than as he had also invited some liberties, but Morell was very convincing and specific in its intentions as to Iliash.
The beautiful model of Liberty had gone to work normally the next day will farewell the apartment Arminandar despite the heartbreak. At that moment I thought he might have huddled with his attitude leaving the Soho without giving him the opportunity to argue against everything that the museum secretáriazinha dumped in their laps. At least I thought so, although considered a bit late to turn back.
- "Telling the story of Orichalcum box also had not been their best ideas, but figured that if he could convince Iliash to hand over the cash to the Company all be resolved, it could, however, have avoided saying that managed to open. And with a face of much amazement I saw the worst side Morell with this new information. "- His thoughts wandered around the incident scene, still lay on the single bed that impersonal room also only had a small table and two chairs.
Lying on her side with her hands between her knees slightly bent she missed her beloved Iliash, which had always been at his side to protect it.- "Where would now? Was he right? Morell would fulfill his promise to leave him alone? "- Were devastating thoughts do not have news from the outside world, I do not think it was fair after so many decades yet continue to be penalized for things their ancestors had done.
- Christine is not in trouble again? - Sorry now softly, wincing a little more in the uncomfortable bed.
Tears started streaming down her face toward the grimy pillow where she deposited her head. Long blond hair, tawny, were scattered like a halo around her. – “Even in those poor conditions, it was a beautiful woman!” – Watched Morell across the two-way mirror.
- Prepare and bring it to me in an hour! Tell him to have dinner in the Great Hall and use proper attire! – Morell walked away leaving a dark room watching while giving new orders to his immediate subordinate.
The big and heavy servant of Theodor Morell knocked twice making their voices heard to enter the room where she was accommodated – in! – I told him sitting on the side of the bed with his fingers crossed on his knees.
- Mr. Morell wants you to wear one of these and perform for dinner in forty minutes in the Great Hall! Do not delay! He did not like! – The gaunt man came out again in slow and heavy footsteps closing the door behind him.
Under the bed were two long, thin boxes as they were provided in the Magazine of Liberty, typical of evening gowns and even that had no dining will, did not think that was a good time to challenge the man who held her in captivity. Would your game until he knew that Iliash was safe, would do anything so that nothing happened to him.
One of the dresses was long golden color touching your toes and Balone sleeves covering only the shoulders, the other was less formal, midnight blue ending just below the knee without sleeves and a neckline that does not hurt. Two pairs of shoes and accompanying sets could be combined with either of the two garments.
A beautiful young woman who lived fashion had no difficulty in choosing what to wear for dinner so it looked under garments, but he knew very well that a suitable option could turn things in her favor. - "The long dress is more formal, would mean a celebration, it is more the style of celebrating something. The other, less formal, an acceptance of the invitation, but without expectations of reaching an agreement is there about what it was! Which game Morell actually wanted her to do? "- She thought as she chose what to wear.
There was time for a quick shower and think about it during the shower. Do not be late for sure, perhaps even likely that he could get ahead of the time in the dining hall. I had no idea how was the house where he was, had come in the night and traveled for several hours; the house certainly was far from the urban center of London.
The minutes that followed were relaxing under the warm water of the shower that did not have any kind of comfort, but at that time it seemed to him one – “oasis in the desert” – was surprised by his own thoughts and remembered all the bitterness he felt when he learned that his ancestor had been responsible for Iliash destination and your family decades earlier.
- Life is unfair! – She said to herself as she soaped the body unhurried. I wish just that moment it was just her and no one else.
Dried the body still in the bathroom and returned to the room alone with the decision of which dress to wear at dinner, there was still some time to pass before the perfume for the body to dress and make any necessary retouching makeup. Morell would give what he was expecting, cooperation!
Across the mirror Morell via all discuss the scene alone and in silence. He appreciated the beautiful and elegant women and this was a fine example in all its nakedness. Walked with grace even in such dire straits, the room she was in had been deliberate, wanted to see the reaction of the young in these conditions to what extent could harassing her for their interests.
It was clear that she adapted to the most diverse situations, he might have been mistaken about you when you thought she was just another rich personality and famous in the fashion world and social journals. There was still plenty of Haushofer it for sure and it just lacked press the right buttons so they could make an alliance that could not be broken.
He stood there for a few minutes to realize that I had seen enough, that was an unconventional way of living, certainly there would be other better opportunities in the future. For now it was enough.
Christine came to Hall accompanied by the brute that had picked her up. Even before reaching the place reserved for dinner her perfume had already invaded the whole room to its fullest. Morell saw it with the long dress, not for the first time, but he felt gratified that she had chosen that.
- Beautiful I must say! – Approached courteously pulling a wooden chair with long arms slightly back so she could sit comfortably as the occasion demanded.
He was keen to serve you a glass of French red wine Chateau Dauzac 2003 a Cabernet Sauvignon of great quality but not too expensive which surprised Christine, who led at the time the cup and the fleshy red lips.
Morell seemed frozen in time with the bottle still in his hand as he admired the delicate woman gestures ahead of him, he realized how much lived isolated from female company and its charms even if money were not the issue.
Hastened to sit in the chair that was waiting, dinner would soon be served then – lamb fillet to coffee sauce and cardamom, very well presented – Christine began to eat while his host did the same as mandated by the label.
I did not know, however I was so hungry, but more than the presentation of the dish was worthy of any Parisian or London restaurant, I could not feel the taste. That bothered her enough, and has realized that it was a predominantly Arab dish.
- I hope you like my dear! Sent to thinking only of the pleasure of enjoying your company! - Morell said starting a conversation that Christine was not ready, but he needed to get into the game.
- It surprises me that it is an Arab dish typical, I did not know it was so fond of the East! – Snapped the beautiful woman taking a small piece of lamb to his mouth. Morell could not take his eyes of his “guest,” his presence was mesmerizing.
- Tell me, the perfume that uses; what is the name? – He pretended he did not understand the previous comment she made.
- Zingara! – He replied dryly again taking the cup of wine to his lips that were still redder than they were already naturally.
- Heady must say! – Struggled to captivate the attention of the young man who dined with him. He decided to change the subject.
- Tell me, what would be so interesting in Egypt, more precisely in Cairo for her boyfriend made a trip to this place? – He spoke with a relaxed tone knowing that managed the absolute attention of lovely woman.
The bowl bound for Christine’s lips stopped in the air, was so close to his mouth without touching the glass fogged with the warmth of his breath. He laid a glass of Chateau Dauzac wine on the table looking suspiciously at Morell.
- I do not think it has something to do in Cairo, at least that I know of! – His voice was firm and objective, believed what he said.
- Well, that’s where he is right now and not only! – The game was more interesting in that dinner he reasoned, thought the man who kept Christine under his rule. – Bridget Follmann, I believe that you met in the museum is with him! – He paused as he sipped a sip of good French wine.
Christine in turn was in disbelief that this was happening Iliash never leave London without reason and as far as he knew such expedition had not even started, a certainty that Morell was in front, it was the most interested part in this event. But I needed to know more if it were true it would change everything again.
- I doubt that this has happened, and that I do not think Miss. Follmann could have that time beyond the intimacy that certainly does not have with him! – He said with a false sense of security and a tip of jealousy when he realized he had used the term Miss. which showed that it was available.
Morell made a nod to the man who sat behind Christine, approached her with an envelope, she recognized the man only by the shuffling gait behind him, was the same as in recent days had been his jailer.
- Please open! – Said the host with visible expectation.
Inside the envelope were some photographs of Arminandar and Bridget Follmann, wearing a black dress, sitting in a restaurant who knew, Estoril. Another photograph showed both hand in hand going into a tourist transport to the Giza.
- I do not understand! I’m sure are false! This one’s trick will not work with me Mr. Morell, should know that! – Christine was irritated by what he saw, knew it was not true!
- Stayed in the Golden Hotel near El Tharir Square and the Museum of Antiquities, who sure knows! – Morell was amused – occupy a double room upstairs … – let air in your last sentence in the hope that the wind would change in your favor and cooperation of his beautiful companion became voluntary and lasting.
Her heart was now tighter in her chest than it has ever been, now I knew that the information was not false. I had been at the hotel with him on two different occasions and remembered well how they had been happy there.
The presence of Bridget that place that reminded as his, could only mean that the goodbye she had the fateful day when they learned the truth about their families had been accepted unconditionally. Why he had not called even once, there was another in your life. – When did the trip? – I wanted to know without delay.
- One or two days after the meeting we had at the museum, I thought I knew? – Within Morell boasted of its strategy and even more so knowing that the money he had paid the Zaliki had been worth it. The excuse that Arminandar and Bridget were a newly formed couple and they wanted more intimacy and discretion, had been the only argument needed to convince the Egyptian who the photographer was so prestigious.
- I would retire if not uncomfortable? – He got up from the table the women who now left pending shoulders demonstrate their defeat.
- Of course not! No doubt! – The result was unexpected for the host who thought he could talk some more after this revelation, but common sense told him that an hour had already achieved their goal.
- Franz! Take our guest to his quarters upstairs! – Schnell!
For the first time she knew the name of his bodyguards who accompanied her like a shadow besides having perceived the touch pronounced in German by Morell. But all of this at the time did not seem important, was defeated at his own game, he lost the man she loved forever and none other than the most unlikely person, the daughter of the curator.
- “What did you do Iliash?” – He wondered silently.
Contrary to what imagined, he did not return to the cramped room and poorly maintained he had left – thought a wide stairway and old that led to the upper floor curved format that began in the middle of the waiting room and did not have any kind of both protection sides, – “It was a remarkable architectural work without a doubt …” – she thought as she climbed the stairs lifting the dress lightly so as not to stumble
The room that was offered was richly decorated in Victorian style, like the whole house, there was only now seen the details. The center and an old canopy bed was neat and pillows that looked very comfortable, the walls were lined with dark wood and a dressing table was next to the bed next to the window.
He approached to look at what was out there and saw only a dark moonless night, and the sound of a light wind, but that made the trellised trees if move from one side to the other. He sat on the dressing table and looked at herself as she undid the blond and abundant hair that now hung over his shoulders covering them completely.
- "Grey! It was a shade of gray and lifeless ... "- thought putting her face in both hands, it was all over, it was the end of a story of love and passion that had a tragic end at birth. He lay down on the bed without undressing and fell asleep, maybe the wine helped a little to let his thoughts scatter.
The first phase of moral plan had been a success; now put the second phase into practice as soon as possible. Still seated at the dining table in the Great Hall – a large open area with sleek marble flooring, classical walls and worked as wooden columns and lined by also the same color of ebony gave a solemn and ancient air to the place.
The crystal chandelier hanging over the big table lit up the whole environment without exaggeration of leaving the comfortable environment but not cozy.
- Perfect! Simply perfect! – Morell said aloud – Franz! Sit down and we end dinner! – Closed while the burly, slow man sat where another outside the place of Christine.
The Emir of Fquih Ben Salah and Beni Mellal rode swiftly with its Berber warriors towards the High Atlas that was visible in the distance. It was urgent to arrive as soon as possible to the foot of the mountain, on the trace route had found two of the knights who accompanied Rasil Samima and in his opinion death was tragic and painful, so the future is his son and best friend would be this way bound to have a similar fate. Also the Black Stone could not fall into the hands of foreign enemies, without that power was already dangerous to the extreme! He thought.
With a little luck and the desert help the trip would not be so long until the early evening would already be close enough so they could see a hint of Berber camp, including those who had ordered the souls of two dead knights for Paradise. The expected end for so many decades was finally close or be extended for so many years for the alleged mysterious box was finally discovered and put on safety? I thought the Emir.
Many had perished only because they parchment knowledge that could be as old as man, and he fell to the Shining she found the predestined and send on the Great Journey, hopelessly in his son’s company. The appreciation he had for Samir was not the same as compared to Husam al Din, but he understood that in his absence, the Berber had everything to succeed him in the future, so Layanah needed to be guarded…
Karl Haushofer standing on a large rock raged in all directions because he was not finding evidence of those who persecuted, it was becoming a sidewalk ghosts and had to end as soon as possible. The Berbers took the advantage of knowing the territory! In a week would have to be far away next to the company and if possible with the Black Stone on the altar of which has a place in the secret hiding place in Berlin.
- Verdammt Berber! “Cursed Berber” – Wrathful German jumped the stone at once, playing with both feet on the floor and letting one knee service support with one hand. It seemed that hunted a rabid animal.
Still crouching and looking around, he called one of his guards to close to you. – There! – He pointed with his index finger on the mountain an immense horizontal fault that for those who were unprepared pass unnoticed as just a fault, but the sharp eyes of Haushofer nothing could escape him. He was the hunter and not hunting!
- Hans, hurry men! We will follow such a long path are ready! – Cried the German to his right arm Hans Zimmermann, a man stout and stocky though tall and second in command.
Muscle mass indicated that should weigh more than 110 kilos as well as his chin square did not leave any doubt that this was a bulldog of the best strain and as such nodded promptly with his head to his head while asked swiftly to the other troop components Germanic.
It was clear that the final confrontation it seemed was to approach with this could come home and everyday life, all Germans hated that arid and dry desert!
Thorya raised an arm with his rifle, inseparable companion, upward so that the others could see where he was, had found something that might be what they sought. It did not take long for everyone to join within a Agadir in Cliffs of Aoujgal, in the High Atlas, the slope was quite steep with a free a fall over 400m high and the tortuous and narrow path not facilitated at all the incursion by those routes.
The horses had been hidden below a ledge of the cliff once used as a stable for animals. Such a size had spent a great night under that place and in a way that had not been discovered so far by his pursuers, but this could not be done forever and they knew it, so as soon leave that place the better.
Apart from that there were only two ways out of that place, one underneath and one on top, and it seemed the first option was ruled out because they could see the Germans beginning to rise in access to entrance of agadires of Aoujgal.
The place indicated by Thorya was a igoudr n-bertkiz, barn type assigned to the Portuguese, was not Roman, Samir could see it having already excavated similar in the Anti-Atlas, inside could be seen only utensils debris and some parties clay jars scattered on the floor giving the impression that the place had gone through terrible days.
From time to time were completely empty, usually when there were internal disputes Al-Magrib, but during times of conflict were his greatest defenses!
Thorya away a little of shards scattered on the floor with one foot, he crouched supporting one knee on the floor and wiped his hand as much land as he could, put his mouth to the surface and blew two or three times. A groove began to do this, it was a point of intersection of several lines two of them upward curves.
They rushed in trying to clean up the rest and almost immediately appeared to Ankh with the main stem facing the wall while the oval part was toward the door. The only difference that cross for the traditional is that this had an arrowhead on its end pointing forward.
They rushed to grope the wall that looked pretty solid, the Agadir where they met had no more than 20m² with a single input and a fairly wide window, where once there was a kind of blind made with wooden slats held together by strings and a approximate height of 3m. Nothing seemed out of place or liable to move in any direction.
- What we have here Samir? – Husam asked visibly anxious for an answer to elucidate the enigma.
- I cannot find anything that would indicate that there is a passage or that hides something inside … – Samir was still speaking thoughtfully – but then, if things in our culture are as Alf Lailah Oua Lailah, the Arabian Nights must be a way to know what there is back here, just because we cannot move it does not mean it is not there. – Continued groping around the entire wall until she felt a smaller stone and fitted at the end was moving with difficulty, but inside.
It took both hands so he could move the stone and with a serious ranger fell to the dark interior emitting a dull and heavy sound. The main wall block slowly moved laterally, its thickness should be approximately 50cm and a height of two meters. Samir was puzzled how such a heavy thing was being moved so easily. Once the opening gave way entirely sought to enter the maximum and care, even if I did not think there would traps inside every care was little.
The room was dark and Husam hastened to join a few remaining dry sticks of the blind it seemed and taking advantage of the cotton strings that involved did a pretty appropriate torch, once ignited illuminated the whole environment ahead. There appeared to be very deep, but entered through at least one ten meters straight, which the light from the entrance I could not see its end.
Samir cared to know right from the beginning as the mechanism had worked to open the heavy door and was surprised to see that there was a pendulum system where a huge stone hung on the wall where they had pushed the smaller stone and below this had a kind of dish that was now close to the ground with the weight of the smallest stone.
He deduced that the stone pushed had enough additional weight to the counterweight compel the engine to move, but also noted that the opening through which stone was pushed was narrower from the outside than from the inside, but at that time did not understand why.
- This is also necessary when we leave here for sure! – I said aloud, without waiting to be heard.
Full inside the darkness of the cave which remained closed for hundreds of years now was visible, but he was not empty. At the end of the wall, leaning, one could see two bodies on either side, two lay outstretched on the floor, only the bones were present in clothes, one of them on the left she Roman, perhaps our era century, one on the right hand was on his chest Iberian had the shield of Al-Djadīda weapons probably one of the subordinates of Captain Magazão.
The center leaning against the wall background an Arab Hashemite probably judging by the clothes. And lying on the ground with a knife still stuck in the back, a Hindu, Hindu decidedly very exquisite costumes still visible even confined in that unhealthy place and closed from time immemorial. No idea why those men were deposited there, but judging by the diversity of ethnic groups there would certainly be a purpose.
- For treasure hunters that here would be a Husam disappointment! – Samir stopping suddenly said the sepulchral silence that had settled on the spot.
- But for an archaeologist this is a find! See, we have several people here from different eras, it is like taking a trip back in time in just one place. - Continued informing Husam and Rasil, the ones who had entered while Thorya and others stood guard outside of Agadir.
- You’re still with their weapons in the hands or sheathed! There seems to be gold or jewelry that could be of interest to many, but it’s time artifacts and most will not know for what they are until we open, but do not know if we have that time! – He concluded moving away toward an old box like a chest used in the XVII century…
Lifted the lid to the extent that the bolts creaked and slowly the contents proved to be visible inside several scrolls, papyrus and dusty books were contained in it, all neatly arranged and stacked. Archaeologist anticipated to open one of the scrolls that were on the middle, he could see without astonishment that it was part of a religious book dating back to Christianity, others apparently about Islam and Hinduism.
A wooden ark much older than all these were accommodated leaning against another wall.
One of Husam knights standing guard hurried through the room – They’re Coming! Already climbed the mountain and not be slow to arrive – came out again quickly.
Husam Samir and looked at each other and not with disappointment because they knew they must leave it there so maybe later could go back and review all that collection and maybe even study it. “That would be the study content of a lifetime or more!” Samir thought as he looked more closely around in order to see something to inform him about the mysterious box or pointed the next step.
There was rather a small box on the floor near the Iberian soldier, was not concealed, however, quite visible. The impression is that had fallen from the man’s hand cannot hold it in no time.
Samir approached without haste to get it blowing dust around, was made of metal rather aged matte silver hexagonal shape, but not oxidized, and realized that on the surface it looked like a lid was low reliefs in turquoise forming concentric semicircles interspersed who became more alive to the extent that approached his hand around the box even in low relief also bright red, written as Ra’s Scroll surrounded the entire edge. It was evident that they had the same origin.
That language was still strange and indecipherable as far as his knowledge showed him, but there was no doubt that it was a beautiful and refined work of art. Extremely light, it felt when raised with force hoping it was heavier, which was not.
As it was not deep knowledge of metallurgy I had no idea what the material of which it was made, but it was an impressive artwork. Anyway, if that was what they were looking for would be best to come out of there as soon as possible, otherwise all that is there could fall into the wrong hands.
- This is the case! Let’s close this tomb and leave so that never meets, hopefully back here another time! – Said Samir out for all to follow.
The torch was almost exhausted, but there was a problem the pendulum stone that had been pushed even stood on the plate of balance, if would remove the door certainly would close them inside as most would return to the stationary normal position.
- We have a problem we need to catch the stone door so we can remove the smaller stone of balance and puts it in place – at times tried to enter other larger stones beneath the gigantic, heavy door, but I was not close to the no ground if allowed to catch and could not remove the balance stone without getting trapped inside.
Samir now understand why the men were there! They all had sacrificed so that the secret was not discovered it also meant that one of them would need to stay.
- Husam, we cannot close the door from the outside, only from the inside, when the stone is removed and put in place all this gear will close the door at a speed that we have no way out! – Samir was terrified at the idea that he or any of his had to stay behind and die languishing of the horrible way that were there since many centuries.
- Nobody gets back Samir, you’re in the box and we will fortify us here and meet aliens! If one of us fall in combat and you can, this will take care to seal the tomb again … – Husam spoke with the firmness of a real Emir, his experience in combat strategies was evident and obvious, it was not question him.
It would be done, you know Samir and all those who accompanied them and thus were positioned to defend the place.
The Berber did not fail to complement – Husam, let’s move on to another place than this, will be behind the case and assume that we already have, which is true, therefore, we must removes them from this site. If we fall the last will be in charge of closing the tomb, but what’s inside cannot fall into the hands of foreigners, we’re not sure what it is, but if what I’m thinking, all religions of the world can just disappear! – And so they started down the narrow path toward the Germans.
They could not go back and go up the path, or his enemies find the tomb, on the other hand, did not want to let anyone locked up for no reason, no one would survive confined there for long. It was fight or struggle; there was no other way out.
Inside the tomb KV 62 double explorers tried to do the right combination that would lead to decipher the enigma that at the beginning of the last century Howard Carter had hidden from the world.
The correct angle looking from right to left you could see precisely the montage of images that formed the subscribers of Orichalcum box, but still said something. Arminandar decided they needed to keep talking, could emerge some new idea.
- Bridget, which is actually the Orichalcum box and because it has that name? – I was not sure if she knew her answer, but it was better than that stony silence.
She stopped what she was doing illuminating some parts of the side walls with the spotlight on their hands.
- My father thinks it’s an artifact developed by Atlantean civilization! – I looked at him askance – I’m sure you’ve heard about Atlantis and the lost continent? – He expected a mocking answer that did not come.
- Yes, I thought that was a myth at all, but I see that there are many people who believe that, even kill for it! – Rested a little arms turning to his traveling companion who also owned the spotlight on her hands and placing it angularly on his chest that gave him a terrifying effect – And you what do you think? – She gave a contagious laugh. – “How was beautiful when she smiled, almost a child!” – Thought.
- Read a book recently, a Deep Sea book called EW writer who makes some interesting observations and believes it can be located up with some precision Atlantis, but that everything is still in the speculative realm, however, the cash you have and believe seeing its effects speaks for itself! – He realized he had approached more than usual and was standing right in front of you could feel the strong and warm breath mixed will shave lotion he used.
- Also! I do not know their metallurgical expertise, but I’ve never seen anything like what you showed me! – I said giving him a discreet step back that was prevented from continuing by large block of ancient sarcophagus which had left the mummy of the boy pharaoh.
The Arminandar body pressed her against the gigantic block of granite as he took his chin with his forefinger and thumb and rose to kiss her passionately.
They did not have hurry, and a light bite the lower lip Bridget was enough that she let out a pleasure moan.
Reluctantly and with both hands on the man’s chest that choked her love and passion pushed him back slightly without resistance – Not here … Please. – Bridget said hoarsely, shuddering body of desire.
- Yes it sure is not the place! – Arminandar walked away unhurriedly giving you room to come out of the situation where he cornered, but realized his disappointment almost instantly.
Bridget tried to disguise the obvious desire. – It crossed my mind that we should be the ones in 3500 years being buried alive in the tomb of a pharaoh! – He said himself together, but still felt the taste of Iliash in the mouth and the lower lip still latent in the soft bite, but provocative. They both laughed without fear of being discovered, this possibility did not exist at the moment!
-In here! See here! – Iliash pointed the light into the corner that illuminated the wall opposite the large granite block in front of the entrance of the tomb. – This alignment forms the inscriptions of the hexagonal edges of the box, and these two symbols appear to start and close the “phrase”! – Kept tilted slightly light so pictographic figures made will thousands of years they could be combined to form the writing of Orichalcum box.
- Hmm! Lend me the cash. - I asked Bridget still staring at the wall and the outstretched hand. He delivered it without delay and she walked to the center of that enjoys being the writing, where the shadows were the main image join and leave an exact space to be fitted box, - "... but no sunken to this, which was very strange. "- thought the operator.
Even so positioned with glowing box in his hand in vibrant colors, but opaque, opened the lid and pulled out the key that was contained inside. Positioned it so that when touched this stone wall in which the composition of the images formed hexagonal design, heavy and severe squeak was heard throughout the grave and the wall narrowed to the surprise of the two.
Arminandar advancing into the new newly discovered room when Bridget reached into his chest and stopped him.
- Care! These passages are often preceded by traps almost always lethal! – He pointed the light into the interior of what supposed to be another burial chamber. But it was not; to the surprise of the two explorers was a room with very smooth and glossy walls, but empty. They ventured to take a few steps forward and stopped when they were halfway through the interior of the room.
- Wanted See! Atlanteans are columns! - Bridget was very excited by what he saw -no it comes to Egyptian architecture but Atlantes! - I was euphoric with the discovery was all an archaeologist dreamed of finding in its exploration of life - Oh! If only my father could see this! He always believed! - Looked Iliash who was at his side and lacked explanation for what you saw in his expression.
- Let explain! – She took him by the hand and led him to close one of the columns that stood in the right corner and ended in also smooth and sleek roof. – In the architecture Atlantis term, refers to a type of anthropomorphic column where, in place of the shaft that is the column itself, it has a carved shape of a man.
Just like we’re seeing here! – He looked like a professor teaching children in the classroom.
- Yup! I understand what it says, has photographed many types of architecture that had Ionic columns, Doric and others, some also Atlanteans as you say, but made much more recently, almost contemporary, which raises another question; How they came to be here? – Frowned looking for those charming and bright eyes ahead of him.
Bridget smiled again. – Came not stop here! The whole place was built around you … By the time! We’re talking about thousands of years in the past and not five or ten thousand years ago, maybe even fifteen, that is much older, as well as your cash … – Bridget paused and hugged him weaving his arms around his waist. – This is beautiful … – whispered huskily.
Arminandar looked at her straight in the eye while removing the small, thin glasses that gave him an air of a professor in the face of beautiful woman.
- But although this is a relevant archaeological find only an empty room! – He concluded picking up her chin again and rising gently to kiss her. Bridget seemed not to hear his last words and again absorbed the warm and ardent kiss Iliash. The both left hands of the small reflectors LED heavily weighted to the ground so that the light was falling, but there was no surprise the two absence of light unlike the whole room was illuminated but dull.
The colors ranged from red, blue and green. Arminandar was the first to open your eyes and marvel at the discoveries all over the place and where he looked.
- This is fantastic! What an amazing thing! – Bridget beside him was speechless the environment was still dark, but the lights that looked like neon’s lighting the facade of a famous cafe at night, were irresistible.
- This is the find of a lifetime! This proves that we are not the first, the First Race! It also proves that everything here is much older than we supposed. – He released the Iliash hand and took a spin on his feet with his arms opened to see the whole environment.
- You know what this is? – Looked shrewdly at his companion in the tomb – is a structural map of a very sophisticated engineering complex and that may have survived the time and weather ace! – Said radiant – come will show you! – He pulled him by the arm.
- We are here in Luxor! – He pointed with his finger to a point in the ceiling that did not stand out, but had a mixed color – think the strange color we’re seeing now is because of our presence! They know we’re here! – continued.
- Further, where is very bright and with hexagonal symbol box next to Cairo, we have the Great Pyramid in red. We can see other matching symbols on this side in some places in which I believe is South America, I believe this to be Puma Punku in Bolivia green, think in Central America, Palenque and Chichén Itza in Mexico all in red. – Continued watching accompanied by Iliash.
- There are dozens of places around that I can see, but if it is a map as you say, most of them are under the Oceans and red! – Pointed to large areas that descended from the ceiling to the walls around the entire room. – And this point bigger and brighter here in the center, you have no idea what is? He asked.
- Atlantis! It can only be the lost city of Aztlán! EW was right in his book, hit the full location! – He concluded Bridget holding the hand of Iliash with fingers interlaced.
- The center of this complex and the ancient world!
- So we can assume that these markings are seeing in green are access to the inside of whatever it is or what has inside, right? – Waited a brief answer that did not come, he turned to look Bridget who looked confused.
- I’m not sure even why not think I have the necessary knowledge to support this, but if our conclusions are correct, these Red entries are locked, I think on purpose those on the surface of the buildings on them or by being submerged in second case! – Pointing to nearby places.
- I’m pretty sure! The only one who seems to have no deterrent and closest is this one green, in North Africa. – Shook his head negatively. Arminandar knew that place was.
- Bled Takurart! This is in Morocco, where my great-grandfather died at the hands of Karl Haushofer! – Did not fail to feel a deep resentment for the first time since he had entered the tomb with Bridget.
Christine thought of again, but not with the feeling that united them, was now only a deep hurt that life imposed on her. – “How to blame her for something she did not do?” – She thought as she heard the distant voice of Bridget.
- Iliash! – He called his companion pulled him by the arm – we have to get out and close again this room, soon will open the tomb again for visiting! – She said promptly.
- Come on, let’s go out and remove the key! – It did not take long for the heavy, slow stone door back to the place they had been for thousands of years without human interference. They found themselves in total darkness and began to laugh with each other. – We should have taken the spotlight before! – They continued laughing as they settled sitting on the floor leaning against the large block of granite that had been the tomb of the boy pharaoh.
- Iliash? – Bridget whispered softly for fear of being heard – noted that the pyramids came next? – And they were silent.
It did not take long for the visit to the tomb was reopened and discreetly the young couple who had spent the night inside the Tomb KV62 mixed with the other tourists as if they had just arrived. The return to Cairo was even duller than the round, had spent a sleepless night and needed a shower and rest urgently.
Within hours were already coming through the front door of the Golden Hotel, Zaliki looked nervous to hand you the key.
- Mr. Arminandar! I have sad news! – Said the little man gesturing nonstop – someone rolled her room all and only found out this morning when the maid was doing the cleaning! We did not move at all, left as it was for Mr. see if it’s saying something! We take responsibility for anything that has been stolen! – Concluded climbing the stairs and opening the door to the couple inside.
The room was not large and the way he was turned over looked smaller still, looked his luggage thrown on the ground next to the Bridget bags. – “Whatever that is not found for sure!” – He thought. It was a good idea who sought, but was all the time with him; Orichalcum the box!
- I’ll see another room Mr. Arminandar, separate if you see fit! – Zaliki said breaking the silence of the environment.
Bridget looked Iliash without speaking. – Thank Zaliki, this one is great! Come stay with him and pack our things, then we’ll talk! – Noticed the sigh of relief that Bridget loosened with its response to the manager, but one thing puzzled him, only two people besides him knew that the case was in his power, Christine and Bridget!
In London, Alexander Follmann started to get bothered by the sudden absence of Theodore Morell, never saw him after the meeting with Arminandar and Christine Spiegel.
In the quiet of your home office I wondered if that mysterious man still sponsor the expedition who were organizing! On the other hand, Bridget still had not news, it was not like him, but he understood that his daughter was a young attractive woman and perhaps spend too much time in the museum for you.
I hoped he was happy and in good company above all, soon would certainly make contact with her.
German Society of Black Stone climbed walk in single file leaning to the great wall of the cliff that led to agadires, Moroccans barns that once again serve as protection for the natural Al-Magrib.
Karl Haushofer was more resolute than ever, knew that there was somewhere that was looking for and the future of the object of what could become the new German Empire. “An empire that could even last a thousand years!” – Thought as that followed Hans looked like a wall ahead of him.
A rifle shot hissed through the valley below and hit the wall next to the German giant who was driving the soldiers of the Company, basaltic stone splinters tore his face causing the right side of the face bleed. It was not a serious injury, I had had worse days than this, with the sleeve Hans canvas coat thick passed it over his face and wiped the excess blood, while that Haushofer adhered to the wall as if he were part.
- Damn Berbers! Lean against the wall all of you! – Cried the leader enraged, the clenched hands showed that revenge at any cost the insolence of those savages who dare shoot him and his men!
- Prepare your weapons! Tell to protect the horses and come down to stay out of range of the rifles! This is far from over! – Smirked Haushofer.
Husam let out an angry Hurro to have wrong a target considered easy and it finally ended up revealing the position they were in, but most of it was never ready for confrontation, had good men to his side and that he did not know which would be the purpose of it all, Samir was his friend and brother, briefly came to his mind the letter from the sister, but soon put it aside, it would be a useless distraction that thought it could cost them their lives.
Thorya crept across the floor to reach the agadires the front that could provide a better refuge for him and the others who followed him, Samir and Rasil rose a little more to stay almost at the crack curve as rear and protect those who were ahead as last instance. Behind them approximately 30m was the Agadir with the door open tomb just waiting for another victim…
Hans Zimmermann was an experienced soldier as well as those who accompanied him, had been chosen all the finger by your qualifications and a guerrilla situation like this not it was at all strange, was so confident that neither bothered to leave the position in which He was. Looking back motioned to the fourth man in line who was lying on the floor of the narrow passage so that to go forward, which was promptly answered.
Along with the soldier who did not differ at all from the others, they seemed all fruits of the same formula, came a caliber machine gun floor 30 ‘that was positioned in front of Hans. Contentment in the face of German was evident, the Berbers knew that surprise and exterminate without difficulties, were trapped like rats in the desert and were doomed to die at the hands of their persecutors!
While Samir looked to drive along the narrow passage a hail of bullets went through the entire side of agadires up and down the lines that limited them. Beside him Rasil was injured at the time of the right shoulder and was bleeding in abundance, they would not stand a chance against that heavy weapons.
- Husam! We will not have a chance against these soldiers, we need to protect ourselves and draw back, we return to the tomb soon as we can! - Samir shouted to the friend who made only a nod that agreed, just did not know how to get there without being hit.
Husam was preparing to return to the tomb when he realized shots again and looked at the enemies that are now protected on the cliffs of entrance and fired into the valley. Machine guns were heard towards the cliff with an intensity never seen by him, but who or what was shooting? – He thought quickly trying to look a little further down the cliff.
Meanwhile Thorya and Samir took the opportunity to give timely shots in the direction of Hans and Haushofer.
- Samir! Can you see anything there? Who are shooting? – He asked Husam al Din to the friend who was in a better position and at the same time realized that the German leader shouted to retreat towards the valley.
It showed that they were trapped between this cliff and briefly shuddered to think what would be happening, but the response we feared was not long in coming – is Ikrimah Alzahara the Emir his father! – Samir shouted from where she was.
- The aliens are coming down and opening fire at them, we must warn you that have heavy weaponry! – Samir said without much conviction how to do it.
- By Allah! It will be a massacre are in the open and cannot protect the firepower of these people, here we could still hold them for a few moments in the valley will have no chance! – Husam was in despair.
- Samir! Thorya! We need to open fire on them from up and force them to get in the way! If they can have an easy target down in the valley, we will not stop them! – Shouted to his friends as he left the Agadir and positioned crouched as he fired.
The others followed making a relay so that the Germans did not have the opportunity to fight back. “It was necessary that they could arrest them along the way, but for that the Emir his father would already have entered the passage or all would be lost!” – The Husam thoughts traveled an uncontrollable speed at the same time shooting and reloading his rifle.
Some distance behind Samir watched the war machine in which his friend had become, did not remember anything like that since I knew him.
Karl Haushofer arrived at the entrance of the passage remained free even under a rain of missiles that came from the Berber horsemen approaching to within walking distance. I could see at least 20 heavily armed men all dressed in black as the Berber who had fired at Hans, led by a rider who clashed with the others, probably the leader.
Haushofer was a military trained and know what to do, his years in the Bavarian military school, the academy artillery had taught him what to put into practice now.
He was a professional soldier, serving in the army of Imperial Germany and in 1903 began teaching at the Bavarian Academy of war who was very proud and it was still holder.
- Hans! Place two guns on each flank and use tripods on the ground, put five men on each side to support and bring me long-range rifle – Haushofer who was in a safe affixing regarding smiled enemy snipers as he pulled a pocket cigarette lapel and lit quietly.
The guns were positioned and flanking were waiting, would use an older strategy than war itself. – To my shooting open fire at will! – Haushofer took the last drag on his cigarette and threw down beat it with the toe of his boot. Wrapped the sniper rifle’s leather strap twice on the forearm to give you firmly gun, took the butt to his shoulder and breathed slowly while watched Berber knight who stood out from the rest. It would be a surefire shot and remember for the rest of your life.
Husam down the steep and narrow path swiftly, but Hans who was between him and the gateway to the valley below prevented him from continuing. There was no way to go through that place without someone was hit fatally.
Below only the Berbers firing at the entrance of the cliff until a single boom unlike any other was heard and a deep silence fell in the valley for a few seconds, then machine guns spit hellfire on the Berbers who now seeking shelter where they could.
The German Black Stone Society leader was satisfied with the outcome, knew hitting all leading the pack would lose the reference and to run until another took its place and it would be long enough to come out of the situation they were in between two fires. Making a circular sign with his arm ordered everyone to mount their horses and set off in the opposite direction will the newcomers Berbers.
Husam, seeing the withdrawal of foreign troops ran into the valley below the cliff of entry while the soldiers of his father still firing at the fleeing enemies. Seeing the father’s body lying on the ground his body shuddered, the worst had happened and there was nothing he could do. The German shot was fatal – Father! My Emir! – Husam knelt near the father holding her hand.
- Husam my dear son! I arrived in good time, you are saved! – Ikrimah Alzahara coughed blood on the white robe he wore, his son shook his hand insistently, he knew he would lose. At that moment Samir knelt across the Emir and was shocked to feel how much he admired the man.
Alzahara held out his free hand and held his hand – Samir You are the guardian of parchment! My life is not important, fulfill your destiny! – I said coughing again.
- Yes my Emir, my protector! I accomplish my fate that is reserved for Allah in all his wisdom! – Samir felt his eyes flooded with tears, discovered belatedly that loved this man as his father without knowing all that he had done for him for so many years.
- Husam you the Emir after I am gone, but do not let me die here, in this quiet and desolate valley … – Alzahara dying as he looked pleadingly at his son Husam al Din.
- Do not blame yourself for my choices my son, I lived my life as Allah allowed and dignity. Honor the name of his father and of our tribe! – The time for the Emir was ending; he was fading through the fingers of both Berber that lined.
- My Emir! – Samir said in a solemn tone – need one last favor before you go follow the path of eternity… – looked Husam then that even without knowing what would follow readily understood where his friend was getting at and immediately asked the four horsemen who did a stretcher to drive the Emir of Agadir until the tomb of the Portuguese.
Ikrimah Alzahara was placed near the center of the tomb of the soldier who was lying on the floor with the dagger in the back.
- Here my Emir, are written and artifacts of the holiest that ever existed in the history of mankind, some may be older than all the prophets we know and we can fall into the wrong hands – Samir paused, knew not I had the right to terminate the father’s best friend in that gloomy tomb, but in his view there was no other choice.
- This tomb terminating inside as much knowledge also probably has the most daring warriors who ever lived and who sacrificed their lives to keep the secret of this place. I see no more deserving company for the long trip than this – Samir strongly shook hands with the Emir – Know that you have my gratitude for all eternity! – He concluded.
- Shamir Non! I who am grateful. You made my life a purpose to be achieved and tried to protect him and Layanah the best I could! – The Emir panted as he spoke. Husam briefly felt a deep hatred of the dishonor that Samir knew existed but did not impose his father on his deathbed.
- Husam! – Begged the Emir reaching out energetically – Layanah is promised! I kept it so that after all this was over was given to Samir! It belongs to you by right, just as he always belonged to her, but could not let her suffer … Protect them! – The end was approaching and nothing more could be said.
The hopelessness of Husam was visible, all who were there had deep admiration for the man who now fainted before his eyes, it would be an end of an era, the Ikrimah Alzahara…
Ikrimah Alzahara The Radiant was taken to close the stone and remained there leaning against the wall while all leave the tomb that had victimized so many heroes. Husam said goodbye to the father as a Berber had to do with honor and respect. I knew that nothing could be done and that there would be able to bring his father’s body to his native Beni Mellal. What was done was done by the will of whoever the Lord of all things…
Samir was taken aback, had tried and betrayed the trust of the only man who always protected him for a moment felt like cursing the world and Allah. I thought – “If there is a God has a sense of very doubtful mood…” – he lowered his head and left not only the tomb as the barn, did not want to be there to see the sad end what was to come and not the would not by Husam.
With great difficulty the Emir leaning against the stone removed the stone over the course of the pendulum stone and the door closed almost immediately leaving only the hole through which the withdrawal and quadrangular stone would be put back so that never the tomb was opened again and without further delay, albeit with difficulty, pushed to lock it at the end, so that could not be removed from the inside. The room was now sealed.
To the surprise of all Emir inside lit by the absence of light and saw wonders written and drawn on the walls. Things had never dreamed there and languages that did not even know, but among many who acknowledged via the holy prophet’s writing and as the light approached and invited him to follow her, felt the peace that both searched for so long. Ikrimah Alzahara The Radiant had fulfilled its mission.
Morning flight 273 took off early in the Royal Air Maroc bound for Casablanca, was the shortest route and nonstop, but still a six-hour trip. Bridget leaning back in his chair looking out the window of the plane still is thinking about the night of love with him after the Zaliki output.
They had no choice but to gather what was all over the floor, Bridget still kneeling felt the touch of Iliash hand on his when they tried to take the same piece of clothing to save. He approached and pulled her to him putting his hand behind the neck and delicate way, they kissed at length.
She smiled and placed the hair in the same way he had done in the apartment in Soho, on the right shoulder.
He rose parsing it a blouse that was used on tour and was now gray and sweaty.
- I'll take a shower ... Do not move! - He went to the bathroom leaving the rest of clothes along the way.
He did not wait! The vision of Bridget’s nudity, the pale skin and the sinuous curves that show the shapely thighs had taken over completely to his will and in that moment his priorities have changed places. The example of what she had done, undressed the bathroom and found her way into the warm shower to fall on your body leaving it shiny and more evident.
Bridget was not frightened by the presence of the man she loved in front of or with the nakedness. It was still the “Greek God” who had once imagined. I had felt the burning desire in the pharaoh’s tomb but could not, not in that place; it would be almost a desecration! But this was different though ardent, calmer.
Arminandar joined it under warm water; their bodies are as he kissed her and intertwined the fingers, gently took her hands behind one’s own body and held with only one leaving the other free to move through that body unhurriedly towards its intimacy.
Bridget groaned with every touch that man who wished gave him the exploitation of her body, knew he would recognize his weaknesses and there were many. As they intensified the relationship let the water the refresh not take long for their wet bodies are arranged one over the other in continuous movement in the bed both days before avoided.
- Bridget! – Arminandar interrupted his thoughts while calling for a drink to the flight attendant – need to ask you a question and I would like to answer me with the greatest sincerity possible! – He looked at her who was still looking at the ground where the plane went.
- Yes Dear! Ask me anything! – I told him twisting her arm through his and laying her head on his shoulder.
- You told someone I had the cash? – He did not try resents it in any way, just wanted an honest answer.
- How could Iliash? – I told her still leaning on his shoulder. – By the way, only learned of it when you showed me already inside the tomb and there was no means of communication remember? After all we spent the night together! – Gave a captivating smiled he could not help but respond.
The question was answered and how he only suspected Christine could have revealed his secret! That meant she had chosen a side to defend and it was not his. The deep love was very close to hatred and at that moment he was on the way.
- "But how to make sure that what he suspected was true?" - He thought not making clear their suspicions to the woman who accompanied him and was now part of his life.
He was not sorry he had taken the decision approaching Bridget, it was inevitable that to happen, you know that since he had seen her for the first time, just do not think it was this life. His heart was promised to another, but with the speed of lightning that struck him was in pieces and that beautiful woman now at his side, was trying to put them back in turn he did not intend to stop -over there.
His thoughts moved to Zaliki who did not want him to pay the bill for what happened in the room, which was not a surprise, but he remembered that he had not seen other guests while he was there in time could ask him what was really if your prestige with the Egyptian still existed.
London Theodor Morell received the call from his subordinates in Cairo, had lost the couple of tracks in the Pharaoh’s tomb, somehow they had managed to circumvent its agents. The magazine at the Golden Hotel room does not gave no positive effect, would require could know the next steps of Arminandar and Orichalcum box. But some managed to double the photographs as requested.
He turned to Christine who was sitting beside him in the car the driver headed toward the British Museum, Alexander Follmann receive to predict the fine details of the expedition.
- I need you to remember all the details, my dear! - Initiated the conversation. - We lost Arminandar in Cairo and his mate. I hope not bother to call it that? - He looked at her for a moment.
- And we have no idea where they may have gone, there are many possibilities. I would like to help me if you can! – Christine waited for her answer.
- No, do not bother answering to your first question! – “Actually I wanted to kill him if he had a chance” – he thought, but quickly dismissed the idea of the mind.
- It is possible that I may know someone who can tell me, but I can only talk to him at night, if you please? – If he knew where they would be the perfect opportunity to confront Iliash and to what extent Bridget Follmann was important in your life and Morell was giving him this tray, do not let it go by.
Deep still loved him madly and I would not have left that apartment the way it had, off late and children, know it now, hoped it was not late.
Was soon to be in the Reading Room of the room in the presence of Follmann, one middle-aged lady had them driven by the wide corridor, why not see Bridget was evident, but there was still one thing to do.
- I did not see his daughter Dr. Follmann, hoped to know her better! – Purposely lied to get the answer he wanted.
- I had to take a temporary leave, said he would travel for a few days with a friend, certainly there are plenty of opportunities to get to know better! – Follmann spoke with sincerity, without suspecting that had denounced his own daughter.
- I did not see Arminandar! I thought it would be this – asked. – Yet concluded by the Trustees.
Christine saw their suspicions confirmed and let Morell led the meeting, but not before responding to the question that Alexander Follmann had done to him:
- He asks lots of excuses for not being able to attend, but is absent due to some commitments that need to leave in order to be able to participate in the expedition. It works by contracts as you know, and this complicates things a bit! – I was getting very good at concealing the art and it seemed, the excuse was satisfactory.
- I need you to give me back the parchment temporarily Dr. Follmann, there are some laboratory tests that would like to do before we take on other technical aspects and are needed to clarify some doubts! If you please clear? – Morell looked at the healer with real curiosity.
- Well, I did not think he needed to leave the museum so soon, but as it was yourself that brought you, I do not see why not can take back! – Alexander saw with a grain of salt the request of the sponsor, was no ordinary asked to do.
- I’ll have down right now! – And immediately sent for the box with the scroll at the end of the hall room where Arminandar and Bridget were days before looking at Samir board.
- It will postpone our trip for perhaps a week or ten days, but I trust that we will continue to make preparations in the meantime. – He spoke confidently Morell, but Follmann knew that the presence of those two had not been by chance, began to think what was going on with Arminandar, and remembered his daughter and looks she dispensed to himself in his presence. He settled down in the chair where he sat and felt uncomfortable.
The box was placed in front of Morell who promptly suggested postponing other matters for the coming week. Christine followed him to his car and both came under the eye of Alexander Follmann. It is quick to pick up the phone to call Bridget, but was out of coverage area. I would try to within a few hours.
The flight 273 punctually landed on the Mohammed V International Airport, Arminandar suggested they go from there straight to Rabat where they would spend the night and without delay put up on the way, knew Bled Takurart not be far away and could explore it the next day, but not I wanted to take more than you need in a place completely unknown, although it was the land of their ancestors.
At that moment the phone rang Bridget, was his father. He looked for a moment in doubt until Arminandar said: – will not answer?
- Sure, it’s my father, it must be important! – And received the leading phone to your ear call. – Hello Daddy! Glad to hear your voice! – I said trying to pass a false sense of security that things were normal.
- Hello, my darling! I am concerned, I did not receive your calls in recent days and is not your habit! – Alexander chose his words carefully – it’s okay? – He waited patiently for an answer.
- Yes Dad, it’s all great! I’m traveling, I met someone just that! – And how are things going there? – Returned the question. Arminandar followed the conversation without showing interest.
There was a pause – Arminandar with you? – Nothing could be more direct than that, he was a living man and at worst could say that age has haunted him if the answer was negative.
- Yes Dad, is yes … – he had been taken by surprise and felt that even blushed without looking in the mirror, hated hide his father’s things and he never had prevented him from doing anything went. He trusted his judgment, and that was all that mattered.
- Found amazing things father, you’d be amazed at what we saw. – Paused – we go to the place that we believe we can get some answers. I will be fine! – She sighed deeply.
- Christine Spiegel and Morell were here today, led Ra’s parchment with them, I do not think that will come back! – Follmann had a feeling about everything.
- I’m worried Bridget! Beware of these people may be worse than we suppose! Tell Arminandar, he’ll know what to do! – Fired up with no fuss at all. He picked up his leather briefcase and put in some notes that were on the table along with other objects of its use. In the museum’s output he warned that not coming back went home thinking better in the events of that day.
Bridget spent some time on the phone leaning against the thoughtful lips before speaking with Arminandar.
- He knows we’re together. He also said that Christine and Morell were there today and took the scroll with them. Wants us to take care! – She turned to him so that he could see it better.
- I did not know they were in the same company. What’s going on Iliash? – He asked suspiciously that he knew all that interested in this trip.
Arminandar sighed deeply, but finally said: – We have time! I will tell you everything from the beginning and you may come to the same conclusion I reached, if this is not the case, at least I will have another perspective on everything. – Gradually I was revealing what he knew since he had set foot in the museum and the first seen.
There was the beginning of everything. After dinner in Morell company, Christine retreated to his quarters upstairs, had asked to stay with the parchment that night which was not denied. There was no reason to suspect that she did not know it to good use, after his own name was written there. It was right by the holder and protector of that artifact.
Christine lay in bed now considered more comfortable than the previous night, maybe he was getting used to the place and this could not be a good thing for the future, not even the presence of Franz bothered her most, she felt even safer than before, but for now served its purpose.
Observed in detail all the writings and images that could distinguish little understood what was there, not even the Egyptian figure was himself a way he could understand. What I knew about it was just what he had seen in museums, cinemas, or in Cairo with Iliash.
He remembered the Golden Hotel and intimate photo shoot they did, blushed for a moment, the ride up to the Great Pyramid had also been great, relaxed and loved the dismal restaurant frequented.
- "What are you doing Iliash? And in the company of the woman who stole from me? "- Thought as I fell asleep, had to know where he was, he needed to find him at any cost.
- I am Christine, Samir Ziaul-Haq Khouribga Al-Magrib! I need to know where is the Ancient Library … – Christine repeated more than once in the same sentence, but Samir did not answer him. It did not seem to know what she meant, if it did, would never find her beloved again. I had to insist.
The arrival in Rabat was dull and the couple chose not to leave the hotel room in Medina Dar Zouhour, the outside busy day of fatigue and both were in the hot tub sipping a glass of Château D’Esclans Rosé, Arminandar had preference for wines France and Morocco had a tradition in this sense because it was his possession for decades.
The couple’s intimacy were more evident, no longer constrained to touch the bodies afforded on purpose or accidentally, but Bridget still felt that all his senses were more touched upon every touch it, even casually. – “This man exuded sex!” – Laughed internally and with false modesty for your thoughts.
Dinner would be served in a moment, they asked simple things local, only to be distracted – Tajine – cooked lamb and vegetables accompanied by couscous – would be served as a main course and to finish, oranges with sugar and cinnamon, some moistened almonds with water of orange. For thé à la menthe completion, the traditional tea. – It would be a great way to end the evening.
Morell gave the last orders for Franz prepare men and luggage for the trip that would follow, would leave in the morning for sure in the wake of Arminandar and the beautiful Miss. Follmann. He trusted that his guest would soon provide you with the information needed to get their hands on cash blessed that seemed to escape him as the devil of the Cross!
But in any case, Christine Spiegel was indispensable! She had the power to open the Box and that was an element that could not afford to dismiss, on the other hand liked to think his company was no longer a burden to carry.
Upstairs the woman asleep in bed canopy a deep sleep dreaming of distant lands and a Great Journey brought by a Berber who was not winning and fighting for an impossible love. His heart suffered the same ailment, love to the extreme whom had no right, maybe that’s what ultimately united them forever, Samir Berber who loved Layanah al Din and she loved that Iliash of Arminandar.
The much desired response came shortly after the deep pain he felt in his chest even sleeping. – Thank Samir Berber! I will protect your secret! – I told her Christine Arminandar as he kissed her face as if this were the last time they would talk. He woke hasty and Ra took the parchment that was at his side and pencil eyebrows that was on the bedside table wrote down his name and Arminandar: Bled Takurart!
Next to his name and Iliash placed the date 2015. It was done, I knew where they should move the next day he would find his lost love and know the truth about his feelings and his. I was afraid to know the truth, but do not run away to your destination.
In the hotel Dar Zouhour room, during dinner, Arminandar listened to Bridget’s version of events that he had reported to him on the journey to Rabat, did not believe she was associated with Morell if that were possible, but it was strange that they had gone together to the museum.
- Look at my love, do not think is correct an opinion about a woman who until recently represented everything in your life, besides being the cover of every magazine I know. I do not think that is the kind that gets carried away by any talk, but I recognize that Morell can be very persuasive in their intentions. – Drank a little wine, this time was not afraid of not match the stimuli that sweet and soft drink provided you actually wanted it!
- Moreover, and even from the beginning things have come out different than supposed, I do not believe that a love like that I had, may die from day to night! – Know your place, if that man wanted by all and God knew you would, would not be on a pillar of lies and false hopes.
Or he would love her for what she was, or would have no future and his life until then had no room for lies, do not start now, let alone in that place.
He listened in silence, via the nobility with which that beautiful, intelligent woman struggled to which their relationship was nothing more than a weekend adventure, knew it was not, but was still unsure as to his feelings about Christine . Needed to see her at least once more so that he was sure that it did not represent anything in your life and expect it to be as soon as possible, just did not know it would be the next day.
- Have you ever imagined that she may have been compelled for some reason? – Bridget sipped the last liquid that was in his cup.
- Like for example? He asked in response.
She got up from the chair where he kissed her cheek and said: – You my dear! It is more than enough reason for a woman to give in to the whims of another man! – He walked to the bed in the center of the room Iliash watched her walking gracefully, dressed only in her robe now down the shoulders to the hips and finally to the ground.
- Come my love, now do not want to share you with anyone else! Not even with your thoughts! – Lay propped on pillows the head, completely naked and burning with desire. Arminandar did not make her wait, learned to want her as much as she wanted and in their own way, at least that night, I was happy to have met her and be the person who now here with him begging for their love and male presence .
Undressed so that the muscular contours and well divided his body might appear bathed in the eerie light of the environment, but it was enough to involuntarily contract thighs, letting out a little sigh, even before his playing.
- Love me Iliash … – repeated. He did not disappoint tasting of almonds and sweet orange water taste on his lips as he kissed her greedily. He remembered his apartment in Soho in London, now so far away.
Husam down the narrow passage of the cliff as if his body had been crushed, was a haunting than ever had been. Just bury his father without the honors which he was entitled and little else was up to him now than honor his name.
He looked around and saw Samir, did not want to see him now too, was not the time, many things had been said and others were yet to say. I had to meet the Berber warriors and states that the Emir was dead, now there was another Emir Husam al Din lord of all the lands between Fquih Ben Salah and Beni Mellal, by will and Allah.
- I am Husam al Din Emir of Fquih Ben Salah and Beni Mellal, by will and Allah. Ikrimah Alzahara The Radiant is dead! – I said to all the Berbers ahead of him. They looked at each other, positioned weapons and fired while they were doing the shout of greeting and respect typical of the Berbers guttural. I was done and consolidated.
- Today we camp here and will pay homage to our dead, tomorrow we will continue trip! – Concluded Husam.
All eight Berbers had died and five were wounded need medical care among them Rasil Samima.
Everything would have to be resolved the next day including his promise to his father to protect Samir and Layanah, but not that night, that night would be only Husam to rethink what ways were the ones who were being placed ahead of him so that even trilhasse against your will.
Far away were camped German soldiers, there were four heavily armed sentries divided into four strategic points while the others began to prepare meals for nightfall.
- Miserable desert! – Said Hans Zimmermann – still take with me one that left me scarred face today! – Snapped under his breath remembering shot that Berber had struck and had hit the wall next to where he was.
- Do not worry Hans! – Interrupted Karl Haushofer – we find them sooner or later and will have his revenge, today I had my! – She said laughing lautamente.
- Today the civilized world has less Berbers on earth! – Walked away laughing out loud and without remorse, he was a young man, cold and calculating. I had long-term goals and intended to realize them at all costs!
Samir was lost, this time there would Wander the desert as previously done eventually be caught, but was kneeling with hands clasped between his legs and his head down.
She was small and had never felt before, not sure if the same could be Samir again. It appeared that you should run away, being away, had the impression it was the cause of all evil and that these evils extended to the people he loved, even by the Emir who had recently discovered a great affection.
Now has the perception of events happened and that he had never understood the attitudes of those involved, today knew how much had been protected and somehow loved by a man he thought was his biggest enemy.
Looking at the moon, I wish I could go back in time if that were possible and ask for forgiveness, but the life that he could not give him a second chance…
The fact that he discovered who had always been the promised Layanah, did not help matters by remorse that he had everything he had thought in relation to the Emir. Took what was just and removed the box that had cost the lives of so many and laid it down as she ran her hand over the colors were brighter, but to pull away his hand simply erased as if it never existed.
He decided it was as good a time as any to open it if the Black Stone were there know what it meant and what was its purpose and would not let anyone found to carry out the end of the world. This was without doubt the doomsday weapon.
Far away Layanah which also looked at the moon, was concerned about hiding the belly that swelled over time, pretty soon everyone would know and needed to get away before that.
Discovered that would give you a son Samir result of last night of love under the moonlight of the desert before he left, and was not sure what effect this would have on their father and brother, all suffer, but was not willing to deliver to a man she did not love, only Samir could be part of your life and receive all the love she had kept since he was born. Belonged to him body and soul, and nothing in terrestrial or celestial world come between both again.
Confident that Rasil had delivered the letter to Husam Samir addressed to and trusted enough that it already knew it would be father and responsibility it would bring for both.
It would certainly be banished from the tribe, but by his father, probably by his brother even though it was the best friend of Samir, certain things would not be forgiven, but was willing to risk.
All his life he had heard stories of women who were forced to submit to husbands who loved not only to strengthen alliances, rather cease to be princess to live a life of slavery of any kind and above all without love.
Layanah fell asleep watching the moon and dreaming of better days, hoping that a miracle would put an end to all the anguish that had been submitted since fallen in love with the young Berber. Deserved to be happy next to the beloved and it needs freedom.
Little did the miracle that so desired could be on the way, but not in the way dreamed. One had to be very careful about what he wanted, he could be answered by a Djinn at your request…
The Day dawned bright as if nothing had happened the day before, all the Berber camp were ready to follow trip just did not know where and if so needed the guidance of Samir Ziaul-Haq who was joining the group at that time.
- Good morning Husam, may Allah be with you! – Said Samir solemnly and with a grain of salt for not knowing exactly how his friend was.
- You too Samir. A lot has happened in recent months and now I am the Emir need things between us are a little more formal… – Husam hesitated waiting for a friend of adverse reaction, but did not get it, Samir just nodded without any kind of reaction
- already have any idea where we go from here? – He asked Husam al Din.
- Yes, I know exactly where we have to go, it seems not all roads lead to Rome, but elsewhere it has always been in our way. – Samir spoke while arreava the horse.
- Let’s go home, what we seek is on the way and we have men who need medical care and the journey will be long. In addition, we still have foreigners after us for sure and this time do not intend to run away or be caught off guard! – Concluded Samir Berber.
Husam narrowing his eyes and clenching his fists added:
- If it’s a war they want, it is a war that will! – Would take nearly a month at least to reach Beni Mellal and hoped to spend the night and take care of the wounded along the way so rumaria to Marrakech. He spurred his horse and sped off down the mountains toward the plains followed by the rest of the Berbers.
With a bit of luck and tiredness would be able to arrive without problems, but would require two patrols to ensure that security and so one would in front away for two miles and one behind with the same distance.
After just over two weeks of horseback riding finally arrived in Marrakesh, it was a different city from the other desert, was more cosmopolitan, very westernized and the Berber people avoided her whenever possible. Most of the times that passed by on the periphery to be minimally noticeable and this time was no different, on the other hand, if the Germans from the Black Stone Society wanted a place to rebuild their strategies there would be the best place and Husam I had it.
Knew many spies in town who sold information to the emirs of the entire Al-Magrib, he had resorted to these services only if your late father. A momentary grief touched his heart, but sought him out as she realized she could not give the opportunity to let their guard down in no time. The enemy lurked around every corner.
They camped outside the city along with other Berber who made the crossing in caravans, Marrakesh was almost an obligatory stop on that route. Before long Husam has escaped from the camp and headed to a place where it had previously been, the streets were narrow and dark, snuck up on the evening twilight with his face covered by the hood going through the homes and their terraces , large terraces. Thorya accompanied him as his shadow.
Moving between the houses came to a building that was in front of the Souk that worked every morning there. Knocked three times on the door and waited a few moments, in a few moments the door-parted and a short, stocky man with a gray abarba asked him: – Who dares wake Talut at this time of night? – Man’s voice was unpleasant and sleepy.
- He who has no name, but many coins to give you for your information, Talut! – Husam replied dryly.
The door opened to the Berber get that nodded to his companion remained outside watching. Soon after the door closed, but not the man look around suspicious if the stranger who was now in her house had been followed. Thorya was invisible in the shadow of the house…
- What would you traveler? How can I help you spend your precious Money? – Inquired the man rubbing his hands as they Sat at the table lit by oil lamp.
- Foreigners who travel in groups as soldiers and using western black uniforms, where they are now and how many? – Husam waited for a response from the host did not come, but rather a statement that was better informed than the Berber could predict. It was this which made Talut a good spy.
- You Husam al Din Emir of Beni Mellal, I will give you the information but do not want your money! – Talut looked Husam in the eye while he played the hood that covered his face back.
- Ikrimah Alzahara was a good man and his death will not be forgotten – continued Talut – the men of the Black Stone Society said they had killed a large Berber warrior Atlas, went to two days, at least 30 men on horseback, I think towards Tadla-Azilal – he paused.
- His tribe is advised, we send a messenger and should be prepared for what might happen, but you are now the Emir, should be leading his people! – He concluded.
Husam got up and headed for the door, the man who received remained seated. – Do not forget this for Talut of Marrakesh; you have my word and gratitude! – And likewise disappeared into the shadows that came into the camp accompanied by Thorya, it was urgent that went to Beni Mellal.
The camp was not far away and soon arrived, called Rasil who had already restored during the trip and told him:
- Prepare men, foreigners are starting went to the desert, toward Fquih Ben Salah. We have no time to lose – Husam Samir sought that had decided to camp away from the men since leaving the Atlas.
The Berber was lying on the desert sand with his head resting on the horse’s saddle, who looked accurately realize that his thoughts were as far as the stars in the firmament.
- Get up Samir, we need to go, Layanah is in danger! – Husam Samir did not beat around the bush and put his feet right away; wanting to know more than you fought that information.
- Why do you think that Husam? What do you know? – He said in an altered tone. All that was related to his beloved afflicted him directly, she had been so far all the motivation behind everything He did in life. His reason for living.
- Foreign headed for our desert I intended to make an offensive to surprise on arrival – added Husam – The Berbers are advised apparently not think it will be confrontation, but I fear the worst, we have seen the power of fire They have. Do not delay, we’re leaving in an hour – Husam went away without looking at his friend for some reason considered him guilty of everything that was going on, even not knowing why.
They rode for several days during the ride they came across the body of a man who had been killed with a shot from distance was right to assume that the messenger Talut had not reached its destination, so the Berbers would not know the imminent attack!
They rode faster until they can catch sight in the distance the Az-Zawiya towers of the religious centers of Beni Mellal. I had problems all the way, it was as if they had extended a carpet so they prosseguissem free from all misfortunes.
Those members of the Society were new enemies, not like the previous conquerors and not even like the French who were still there. Husam learned to have a mixture of respect and caution with these men in black uniforms, were indoctrinated, efficient and devoted to his cause and that was what he considered more dangerous extremism.
Scouts were sent to the Berber camp that belonged to Ikrimah Alzahara, now his son and successor Husam al Din. They had ridden for days and knew that the Germans had the advantage of two days at least, but did not think about being careless.
For guidance Husam just Rasil and Thorya were ahead, Samir who insisted on accompanying them was forbidden to leave the Berber camp that had settled now and we expect the return of the scouts. Thoughts of the new Emir were all strategy, emotions needed to be set aside no matter how much it hurt him deeply.
- We need to sleep, to mount guard around the camp and make the relay – Husam had only 16 men, the others had died by injuries while walking to Marrakech. Just need to gather the tribe and protect them from enemies, if it were just that…
The luxurious jet Falcon 7X Morell taxi at the terminal for private aircraft of the Rabat International Airport, the flight from London to Morocco had taken just under two hours.
Inside beyond the device itself the owner was Christine sitting in front separated by a table on which rested a few books, a laptop and Ra parchment with the inscription “Bled Takurart” under the names of those he had come to know well in recent weeks, Christine Spiegel now his ally and Iliash of Arminadar, Samir descendant of the Berber according to the reports of the beautiful woman who was watching intently.
No sooner had told him that he knew of where they should go, which information Morell totally unaware of how she got it, nevertheless it made sense, were already flying toward the African continent.
Haushofer spent decades trying to dig Tocolósida / Bled Takurart and has always been buffeted by the enemy can not finish your quest to find out what there was. Anyway, everything was already prepared for an invasion anywhere that the nearest box and put his secret. In the morning, even at dawn would arrive at the destination.
- “The strategy used at dinner was simply sublime!” – Rejoiced in Morell thoughts, he felt his ego was much bigger than him and feed him was a chore. – So my dear, you’d expect to find in Morocco beyond the desert aridity? – Asked her mercilessly.
Christine was unmoved by the evident provocation – I believe we are looking for the same thing, the Orichalcum box, especially because to my knowledge, it is useless if you cannot open it! – Raised eyebrows on purpose.
Morell felt the change what he had done with the same intensity that was imposed on her, but restrained himself not to show that once had the object craved in her hands, it would be a prisoner to your intentions and desires forever.
He remembered the vision by the two-way mirror and the naked body of Christine being caressed by the scent of steam used during dinner – “Zingara” – recalled with a carnal desire to momentum.
- Whatever! It unites us in the same goal it seems. And I’m glad you do not consider yourself more a prisoner! – Nodded Morell – what made you change your mind?
- Life changes, people too! - I felt the hurt still in his chest betrayal of Iliash with Bridget. - "How could you? Even more in so little time! "- Lamented closely without giving the Morell like to see it defeated.
They did not speak again until landed. A car was parked in the hangar and closer two troop transport trucks. Was surprised by the amount of people who came out of the rear of the aircraft, all wearing black clothes and carrying some long metal boxes and military aspect.
- I did not know we were preparing an invasion by land!
- Hinted at the beautiful woman coming down the passenger stairs.
- You never know dear, you never know! – Said the owner of the plane coming down behind her. – Franz! Schnell, schnell! – There was urgency in the man’s voice and Franz knew it was essential to embark all the equipment so that they had no customs problems, although his employer had already dealt with it even before landing. Heinrich Stauff would be in charge of operating the train.
Soon they were on their way Volubilis Cologne where was the fortress of Bled Takurart Tocolósida or as he preferred to call it, did not sympathize with the terms of local dialects!
- It will be a journey of at least two hours my dear, are 180 kilometers away and have the opportunity to go through Meknes and Khémisset before, and finally Volubilis Cologne! – Nodded Morell laying a hand on Christine’s knee who was sitting beside her.
With the subtlety that it was inherent he grabbed the man’s hand and placed it on his own knee slow to withdraw his and looking him tightly.
- There Mr. Morell things that are not for sale! – He withdrew his hand leaving his still reddened by the force needed to carry on the man.
He was understood to have the collaboration it would not be the same as possessing it, but this could also be solved. In thought knew everything had a price just did not know what was hers, but there would be motive and opportunity soon to know this and expect, it was one of the qualities that had developed under the circumstances of your life.
On the way surpassed several tourism transport traveling in the same direction within one Arminandar held the hand of Bridget while under his kisses tenderly. The night could not have been better, made love like two young lovers who seemed to have known forever, but to your intimate knew it was never like that.
It now no longer mattered, the woman who had been the reason for his living in recent years, both for professional reasons as the sentimental was thousands of kilometers I your cottage on the Isle of Wight, with someone who most likely would be comforting at this very time.
I was pretty sure she was not a woman lamenting the misfortunes in your life and a good example of this was the way had been slaughtered on the day of meeting with Follmann and Morell and the way they went around over the next day.
But do not hurt the feelings of Bridget, was not sure if he loved her or even could love her some day in the same way as he loved the daughter of Haushofer, – “Christine Haushofer, this should be your real name and more than a century then the reckoning was present improbably in the lives of both. “ – This was not justice, nor destiny, but only God playing dice as the lives of those that were created in your image and likeness only to worship him. – “I had a very dubious sense of humor even!” – Thought trying to remember where he had heard these words, while the beautiful woman at his side interrupted him.
- Wanted See! We are not the only ones in a hurry to get to Bled Takurart! – He pointed to the caravan of military vehicles that passed quickly.
- Well, it’s a tourist point of relevance in the country and the region, it is natural to be competitive! – On the other hand thought that looked nothing like the traditional touring cars, but were still at least an hour of arrival, and it occurred to him that he had such a hurry to arrive.
There was one thing he needed to do before and this would be the time, or never.
- Come on! Let’s go down in Khémisset, I want to do something! – Something called the subconscious, an ancient and ancestral cry the induced to change plans. – Bled Takurart has been there for thousands of years and there is no reason to think that will not continue there for so many hundreds or thousands of years! – He said.
A beautiful woman standing beside her was surprised by the change of plans so unexpected.
- Yes, as you love, but where do we go? – I asked the beautiful companion Iliash with amused surprise, loved being surprised!
- Visit an ancient place that sticks in my mind since I learned of its existence, let’s Khouribga, where Samir and Layanah lived happy days. I want to see what they saw, even a hundred years later! – He said enthusiastically.
- So let’s go! – Was her answer and it was not to go down the outskirts of the city where it was the first bus stop bound for other nearby. It was almost midday and Khouribga was as distant as Volubilis, about 180 km, carrying, was the journey starts again as soon as possible and without delay.
Arrive at the destination by secondary roads, but at least this time without the danger of the desert robbers, it was a thing of the distant past.
Christine wondered how those people traveling in tour group and that loomed just before the window to see the scenery will pass the train in which she was they were happy.
He remembered that not far away in Cairo, Iliash probably amused the same way with the woman he had met at the London museum – “how things might go to that extreme?” – Thought in silence now and then raising a little chin in defiance of his own thoughts, – “it would still be unfinished!” – he sighed quietly to not be noticed.
But Morell was an experienced man, knew to “read thoughts” only by the behavior of people around you, so much was rarely surprised at any time, and this was no different situation and therefore decided to interfere. It would be great to put your skills into practice for a change.
- The death of his great-grandfather was a tragedy for the Society of the Black Stone! – He looked at her trying to see if you managed to arouse the interest going back to her past that she insisted on denying – and if it were not for my grandfather would never have access to parchment and would not be here on the verge of changing the world! – He raised his hand in the air in a gesture megalomaniac.
- You know, at first it started just like the Masters of the Black Stone, later evolved into the VRIL Society in World War II, and again returned to be what it is today! – Held up slightly from ace attitudes and movements.
- But you have no idea what is the artifact that both seek and which you, my dear, has the power to make it work, right? – He looked at her eyes narrowing noting that curiosity woman was present.
- I think it’s some kind of toy that adult men and that has not much to do in society, they need to justify their reason for being! – Did not take his eyes, he knew he had struck him to death only by the jaw flexing, – “so he had weaknesses …” – opened a gentle smile faded that any violent attitude he had in mind knowing they could control it.
- Samir Berber knew that the stone, which he knew existed, could not fall into the wrong hands and those hands were Karl, still do not know if he would have done the right thing if he had done it! – Continued helping himself to a bottle of water that was close.
- That Tuareg! I like to call it so, realized that there are two things in the world that can control the masses; the first is the power and the second slavery by the power! – Rubbed the palm continuously knee himself, remembered to offer own water bottle that had been drinking at the woman next to him who refused.
- No of course not! – Gave it a still intact and fresh bottle from the freezer compartment of the car, which also had a few varieties of wines and sparkling wines, but this was not yet the time to celebrate.
- Christine brought the bottle to his lips, even though there were glasses and assorted bowls on the back of the front seats that were divided by a thick glass that left the conversation was heard by the driver and Franz who was at his side, he looked like a limo, but smaller. Run less risk of getting wet to drink straight from the bottle, at least that’s what he thought before the car jumped because of a bump in the road.
Morell could not help but revel in the scene he had just seen; the bright, clear liquid oozed through the mouth and chin continuously down, leaving the moist and shiny lips more enhanced, thin water lines continued by fine and soft neck slipped right under fair and white blouse she insisted on using heat account who was in Morocco, and as a natural response to the freshness of the precious liquid the details of her breasts became apparent to the man who wordlessly watched.
He felt embarrassed by the involuntary reaction of his physical gifts, which are very proud, and her cheeks turned pink giving it a more natural and relaxed air, rushed to pull the strands of blond hair abundant to cover the rest of the shame I lacked, but the effect was even sexier by solar luminosity that received the window and gave him the impression of a bright angel.
Morell was speechless and in a disturbed way, your lightly jaw showed the total lack of preparation he had with women, but sought a quick way to recover without ever being able to forget the scene he had just seen and envy to learn that the man he despised and legitimate holder of Orichalcum box was robbed of your future!
- But … As I was saying my dear, Samir realized that the stone of the Kaaba and the Black Stone are the same, or at least one is part of the other as I like to think! – Set the bottle aside water, that did not interest him more, wanted to feel like Christine and the water she drank.
- Despite being a Tuareg, ie a wandering the desert, it is known that an Emir who esteemed him because of his Layanah daughter who was in love with him, instructed him at the University of Paris. Therefore the perception of the Tuareg was right, for misfortune of his great-grandfather Karl! – He took the bottle of water that the beautiful woman had left her side between the two.
- Samir, the Tuareg, – spoke with disdain – realized that the black stone of Islamic worship was much more than just a religious relic, in fact he related to the other stone he had or knew of his whereabouts! – Unscrewed the cap of the bottle without haste and led to the mouth to sip a sip, Christine engrossed in the narrative of the story did not realize fetish Theodore Morell beside her.
- With that he reached the Staff of Aaron, the story of Moses and the Exodus which I’m sure you’ve heard! – He paused for a moment holding the bottle still uncapped between the legs so they do not fall – I assume you’re Catholic, right? – Pushed some strands of hair of beautiful woman’s face as she dodged.
- Yes Catholic, but not practicing! – He said in response to the man who harassed as commonly inside that car.
- Continue Morell the story is more interesting than you! – Told him sharply, noting that he returned to pick up the bottle that was between his legs and taking it will mouth again as he watched her. He felt a deep disgust and vulnerability to be there helpless.
He thought of the Stockholm Syndrome and she would eventually surrender to fear and perversion of his captor. He felt an inner trembling and miss big hug and his beloved protector, did not let the tears they left under no circumstances. Morell could not know that she still loved madly Iliash of Arminandar, or whatever he had.
- So! - Paused settling-- In the biblical story Aaron invokes the plagues of Egypt, and achieve liberation of the Hebrew people, even centuries later, still with this artifact inside the Ark of the Covenant become invincible in the eyes of the enemies! - He looked away surreptitiously, needed to regain control, what just happened, the lust of the moment had him caught by surprise. He sat back on the rear seat opening some space between them, noticed the sigh of relief of his traveling companion. He put the bottle to his side.
- What he probably did not attack is that in 586 BC Nebuzaradã, commander of the imperial guard, Nebuchadnezzar service, king of Babylon, burned Jerusalem and the Temple of the Lord where the Ark of the Covenant, which had other artifacts inside as well the staff of Aaron was saved! – He made a gesture of relaxation with his hand, was getting tired of the trip and needed to get it over with.
He pressed a button communication with the front separated by thick glass where Franz stood next to the driver – How long Franz? – He asked authoritative voice.
- One hour Herr Morell! – Were the only words the brute and bodyguard of Christine said without turning around.
- Schnell, Schnell! – Shouted pulling out a handkerchief and wiping the sweat that now ran his forehead and neck.
- But what happened to the Ark after that? – Did not ask for no other reason that was not the only one trying to understand how something so attributed to ancient times dared to come between her and the love of his life. Needed to better understand the whole story.
Morell smiled, but bitter for the first time – That’s the question a million dollars as they say! – He reached into his own chin squeezing it a bit – No one knows, but scholars of the first company and the second, the VRIL has evidence that was hidden for a long time in secret, but when it was rediscovered the stone was broken, in dozens of pieces, it is not known for certain whether because of the intense fire of the Jerusalem fire, or any other misfortune that nearly destroyed the artifact. – Made a long pause.
- But it was enough that the Black Stone to crash! – He continued.
- The case is that in Mecca is Hajar el Aswad (“Black Rock”), a dark stone, about 50 centimeters in diameter, consists of a number of fragments held together by a silver frame fixed to the rock by nails also silver which is one of the holiest relics of Islam. Part of the building called the Kaaba in the holy mosque of Masjid al-Haram and she spends thousands of pilgrims every day that touch and “heal their sins.”
- Continues! – Christine told him genuinely interested.
I wish I could capture the interest of the woman even with a story he knew so deep and no longer excited as before.
- According to tradition, the stone was received by Abraham the hands of the angel Gabriel, there are reports that initially was white and became black because of man’s sins! – Rose rather uncomfortable bench to finish the story, I needed that car down urgently, even though it would lose much desired company.
- In short my dear, although some attribute the artifact of the Black Stone as a meteorite that has an extraordinary power, the more likely it is that the seer Edgar Cayce called Tuaoi stone, which emits and captures telluric waves with an almost inexhaustible amount of energy! – Like this particular part that was more exciting.
- You know what I’m telling you is that both Orichalcum box that “talks” to you and the Black Stone, which may have been white as a power crystal, are technological artifacts of a civilization that insist on denying that there was Atlantis! – He stopped looking for Christine who was incredulous with the story he had just heard.
- Look, I do not know why such a case “talked” with me as you say, but you will agree-that all this is among the fantastic realism and madness! Not least because if a part is in Mecca why not make use of it like you said and put the fire on the earth who crave? – He gave a sarcastic smile that irritated Morell.
- Lack the part that is with her boyfriend! Oh, I forgot, ex-boyfriend! – He returned the smirk and unlike Christine felt very good about having the opportunity to hurt you deeply. Wanted to love her, but not to stop suffering, it made her more vulnerable ace their invested at some point she would give ace their wants and needs as a man.
The car stopped at the same time Franz said: – Wir kamen Herr Morell! – Hastened to open the door to the boss and Grand Master of the Black Stone Company.
- Great! I was getting tired of this trip! Mount the camp near the ruins and want to watch over the place, we will start digging today! – Started walking towards the main gate of Volubilis Cologne where he was now, the Arc de Triomphe or Arch of Carcala.
I could still see the distance to port Tingis, lower, located at the other end of the Decumano Maximum the main avenue of the city and the magnificent ancient Roman Empire jewel.
He stopped to exercise their Latin;
“IMPERATORI CAESARI AVRELLIO MARCO ANTONINO PIO FELICI AVGVSTO PARTHICO MAXIMO BRITTANICO MAXIMO GERMANICO MAXIMO Pontifici MAXIMO TRIBVNITIA potestate XX IMPERATORI IIII CONSVLI IIII PATRI patriae PROCONSVLI ET IVLIAE AVGVSTAE piae FELICI MATRI AVGVSTI ET CASTRORVM ET SENATVS ET patriae RESPVBLICA VOLVBILITANORVM B SINGVLAREM EIVS ERGA VNIVERSOS ET NOVAM SVPRA OMNES RETRO PRINCIPES INDVLGENTIAM ARCVM CVM SEIVGIBVS ET Ornamentis OMNIBVS INCOHANTE ET addicting MARCO AVRELLIO SEBASTENO PROCVRATORE AVGVSTI most devoted NVMINI EIVS SOLO FACIENDVM CVRAVIT “
“To the Emperor Caesar, Marcus Aurelius Antoninus [Caracalla] the Pious Augustus lucky, the biggest winner in Parthia, the biggest winner in Britain, the biggest winner in Germania, maximum Pontiff, holder of tribunician power for the twentieth time, Emperor by fourth time, consul for the fourth time, father of the country, Proconsul, and Julia Augusta [Julia Domna], the pious, fortunate mother of the field and the Senate and the country, because of its exceptional and new kindness to all, which is higher than the princes who came before, the Republic of Volubilitanos undertook to have this arch built from the ground, including a chariot drawn by six horses and all the ornaments, with Marco Aurelio Sebasteno, attorney, which is very deeply devout the divinity of Augustus, starting it and dedicating it.”
Franz went around opening the door for Christine out of the car, held her hand and waited for her to catch her to descend safely, courtly movement brute disconcerted, I did not expect something like that could leave that man apparently he hated her.
- Do not irritate Herr Morell miss … He kill you if you do not need! – I told him with German dragged and mispronounced English. – I hear talk of you, not off communicator. He does not like to be challenged! – He walked away leaving it under a solar tent that had just been set up to protect her from the sun still take at least five hours to go down.
I was in the wilderness, alone and unprotected for the first time felt empathy for the burly words and emaciated man dragged to walk due to the weight. It was a council to be respected for being who came certainly knew his boss well, think better about cause Morell from then on.
The scouts arrived after the sun had dawned on Husam al Din camp was the moment of expectation. Rasil went to the Emir and asked to speak to you alone.
- My Emir camp suffered no invasion or low, there was no fighting of any kind – it is the batter stuck to the facts – the princess disappeared for two nights ago and nobody knows their whereabouts! – Rasil expected new orders as Husam was thoughtful.
There could be two alternatives, or Layanah had fled for the reason explained in the letter he had received and had not been delivered to Samir or kidnapped by the Black Stone Company. With the luck that had been having in recent months betting on Monday…
- Go rest Rasil Samima, light Thorya with you and ask Samir to come see me – said in authoritative tone that it was inherent from the death of his father had been educated to assume this position since he had come out of his mother’s womb and the time had come sooner than he wanted and very tragically.
Samir who was watching with a grain of salt the friend since his father’s death presented itself as requested. – Here I am Emir, how can I serve you? – Said in a courteous tone and without disdain, with the highest regard he had for Husam and knowing that both now occupied distinct and different positions, even if the later would marry the princess. Very difficult things between them would return to be like before…
- Layanah is not in the camp, he disappeared. Have any idea what might have happened? – Husam Samir looked impassive.
- I have no idea Husam, unless you have been kidnapped what I consider a possibility there would be no reason for that was not safe with the tribe! – Samir nodded lamely.
Husam pulled a letter he carried will greatly saved time and came to the Samir – This letter arrived by Rasil after we left the Lost City and found near the Atlas. It was addressed to you, but I could not help but notice that it was something that could influence our lives and therefore the open – paused as Samir opened the letter and began to read.
- I had an urge to kill him for a while Samir, given the gravity of the news and dishonor to my family is subjected by their cause and fate decreed that I did not, because otherwise today would be sorry knowing now that around the time you were the promised Layanah – he kept walking a bit around that Samir reread the letter again.
- I’ve never done objections between you and my sister as you know, but expected to respect the hospitality of my father. Clearly, I was wrong, so again I ask you, what do you think happened to Layanah, Samir? – Stopped in front of the Berber and looked like he had never done before, so to decide about life and death with a single word.
- Husam, I did not know … – Samir was speechless – we love each other forever, since the first time we met, was stronger than everything and try to keep a safe distance but unable – sighed before continuing everything was very new.
Samir had just discovered that expecting a child of his beloved and at the same time that this information was in the hands of Husam long time ago and that this will not penalize. I had a bigger heart than even he himself who did not show.
- But Layanah not run away, not without me, even in this condition it is in. There is only one option The Company took us want to do an exchange for cash – Samir looked at his friend trying to find out if Husam he knew was still there somewhere.
- And never meant to dishonor your father, you or your home, everything I am I owe you … – he lamented.
- I believe you, Samir Ziaul-Haq, the Light of Faith and what is done is done! By the will of anyone – pondered a resigned manner – what should we do now? If you are right in your assumption you have the box and Layanah’s life in your hands! What will you do? – He sat staring Samir.
Samir went to the bag which was in the horse saddle and unwrapped one sheepskin protecting the metal box that flashed blue and red colors – Take Husam and see what happens! – Extended the box to the Emir who took it.
- Should happen something extraordinary Samir? – Husam responded in disbelief tone.
- Yes happened and you did not even notice right? – Samir was upset with the lack of attention Husam obviously did not see the importance of that artifact had – see what happens when I approach my hand… – the box just answered brightening gradually in blue and red tones as where Samir took the box – she noticed that “talk with me”? – Husam paid more attention this time picking up again at the artifact and noting that the light is dimmed in your hands until it was completely opaque in metal color.
- Try to open it! – He challenged Husam Samir while looking for some slot for pulling power or insert your dagger.
- Do not open, is there anything that prevents it from being opened if it is possible to open it as I see grooving!
- He said Husam returning the box to his friend and seeing returning to acquire the vivid colors.
- Note that when caught formed a line around all of it and I can open it easily… – Samir began to slowly lift the lid – there is no black stone here, but there’s something else, a kind of key combining with the writings of the parchment below the Ra figure – Samir showed what he considered to be a key in hex format which occupied the entire bottom of the box and had the same format as the same.
- Look! When I caught her lights and if you take it off. I do not know why this happens, but obviously I have something that you and others do not have, so my name is on parchment – he said Samir looking Husam curiously.
- That’s what the Germans want in exchange for his sister. I do not know the power that it has not even what to do with it, but one thing is certain, we go to Bled Takurart was where they found the parchment and it seems where it all began, will certainly be there we’ll find the answers we seek – watched Husam to the expectation of an answer.
- And how will we know if the members of the Society are to Layanah? – Asked Husam.
- Do not worry, they’ll find us! – He concluded Samir as he mounted the horse followed by the Emir. Soon after all rode toward Oualili or as it was known in the West Cologne Volubilis in Moulay Idriss Zerhoun!
Samir thought in my dream last night, Christine’s picture Arminandar was more esvanecida but still very present in their thoughts. Every day was evident that they were interconnected in some way at different times; maybe she was the guardian of Ra parchment like him, that somehow explained his name after the Captain Magazão, and now had written it for Husam.
On the other hand did not understand how the Captain had obtained his name to put on parchment, not seen in his dreams or visions of any kind! In recent months concentrated on trying to explain everything that came occurring since being called by Emir Ikrimah Alzahara to their camp, briefly remembered happier times with friend now changed and almost impassible.
If fate had been an executioner with himself, left no room for your dearest friends and his beloved Layanah be spared. The journey towards Oualili was tiring and while crossing the desert Berbers were able to realize that they were being followed in the distance by two riders dressed in black uniforms and rifles in the back.
Husam thought it best to keep your caravan divided into three columns spaced by a mile between them, it was not far to regroup in case of attack and also were not vulnerable to an onslaught of aliens. The earthquake of 1755 had devastated much of the Mediterranean entrance of countries and Volubilis Cologne, once the jewel of the Roman Empire in North Africa and which had lasted since the second century AD as a monument to human persistence was noise in all its glory that cataclysmic event.
The great work of Emperor Marcus Aurelius Antoninus the last of the five great emperors was now a mixture of rocks and debris, but it was still possible to see the Arc de Triomphe or what was left of it. Further north some buildings still bore the columns and arches of the grandeur of the empire that dominated the world for over a thousand years. Stairs roamed around the perimeter of the city that once had been surrounded by several miles of walls and towers to contain the Berber invasions.
Samir remembered ever having been there in Henri de la Martinière company to proceed ace digs, but had been prevented by order of the local rulers at that time did not understand why the excavations stopped, but recent revelations of Husam already had clarified this obscure part, his father would not let something be done at that location until his protégé was able to understand the ancient parchment and despite every effort to protect you and your loved Layanah he himself had been the victim of enemies and her daughter was held hostage somewhere.
It was quite possible that the Emir knew much more than he had shown, but now it would be forever a guess, thought Samir.
At dusk entered into camp on the outskirts of Volubilis Cologne, it was impossible not to get exhausted with human effort that had been employed in that locality. The architecture was phenomenal, it was clear that many financial and human resources had been used to build this tribute to the greatness of humanity and the Roman Empire.
The men were capable of truly amazing things, on the other hand also were also able to make larger atrocities had news. The sun had not yet set when a rider came into the camp languidly riding like someone who walks in the desert without haste. It took in approaching the main tent and stopped in front of the opening, by now escorted by several Berber warriors who pointed their rifles at him.
On top of the sleek beast a man dressed in black clothes and a cap of the same color, which protrudes a golden symbol to the center appearing to be a sort of lightning stopped without getting off the horse, carefully looked around as if to assess the power of fire enemy and smiled.
Husam Samir and came out of the tent inside almost at the same instant in which the rider had stopped in front of the tent. Samir recognized it as her captor and had him inflicting heavy torture to be saved by the hands of Thorya who was now behind the man with a threaded hand inside your Djellaba, – the typical costume of the Assassin, made of wool, covering her whole body with wide sleeves and the hood that partially concealed her face. Surely a dagger in his hand ready to be nailed to the jugular of Karl Haushofer.
- Guten Abend Marrokanern Berber! “Good Night Berber Moroccan!” – Started the German still mounted on the horse.
It would not be allowed down at the ground all of Al-Magrib considered sacred by having been the subject of many disputes in the past. An infidel was not welcome, especially one who stood before them.
- I have something you want and you have something I want, I suggest you do an exchange and all live! – Said Haushofer very safety of his words as he looked at Samir, not caring about the presence of Husam and his Berber warriors, knew what was in his power was invaluable to that tribe, was the daughter of Emir princess and capture it had been so easy to kill her father!
Husam came forward to Samir in response: – I am the Husam al Din Emir of Fquih Ben Salah and Beni Mellal, what’s so important for us to make the change you want if they have what you want? – I wanted to make sure that the German would not be bluffing.
- In Go? – Karl Haushofer laughed that echoed throughout the camp was quiet.
- I thought I killed the Emir like a wild animal that was in the valley of the Great Atlas! Generally do not mistake the aim! - He said in defiance of the Berber in front.
He knew the game he was doing was dangerous even more surrounded by Berbers wild, he was once considered them, and to all those who lived outside the borders of his country, but impose fear and authority was one of the premises to subdue the enemy.
Destroy morality even before the great battle begins, I knew that even if I did what he wanted, none of those Berbers would be alive to tell.
Husam had early to go along on the German soldier almost like Namira the leopard who had harassed years earlier, felt in his mouth of blood beast when instinctively bit his lip. Samir grabbed his arm and stepped forward so that nothing escape the control of the time, this could be the difference between Layanah live or die.
His blood was boiling inside, felt the boil and the desire of millions of years of primitivism telling him to kill the man like an animal, a predator that needed to be extinct, but with the calm that the desert had entrusted to him slowly pulled box that gleamed in two colors in front of the man on the horse – Is this what you want? – He asked rhetorically, knew what the answer only to look at the face of Karl Haushofer.
The German could not hide the anxiety to get their hands on ancient artifact that had sought for years, and others before him also had done. The existence of the box was no secret to those who tried to establish a thousand-year empire!
He thought for a moment how many had the opportunity and let her pass simply because they did not understand its power. That was the key to open the safe where he deposited the other part of the great Sun Stone Negro and would allow access to knowledge never seen by human eyes at the time, he doubted until the Berber that had known their true meaning.
- It’s a beautiful artifact Berber! – The German made sure to finish the sentence in your language – I do not think you know how helpful it is! So I think we can make a fair exchange, after the princess also has no value to me! – He said smiling and looking at the two men in front of him, I’d love to play with death and felt the body stiffen in anticipation of what was to follow, but one thing was certain, fear was not in their vocabulary!
Husam powerless, saw before him the man who had murdered his father and did not show any remorse for his actions, his face still young but hardened and showed the enemy was, however could not lose Layanah Also, the cost of this adventure was already quite high, do not run unnecessary risks.
- I know what you want and how much cash is valuable to you Fremd! “Foreigner” – Samir was keen to accentuate the little he knew in German to put the conversation on an equal footing which surprised the soldier on the horse, was obviously being challenged at their own game – I give him the box with its Asrar (secrets) to give me sound princess and save! This means unbelievable!
Samir was concerned about the safety of the princess, but also by the recent fact he had learned that his beloved would give the light to his child soon, just was not sure if the German leader was aware of this fact which could increase the bargaining power on your part and did not want that to happen.
Haushofer stretched the horse’s saddle, properly profiled lifted her chin, had accepted the challenge, took his right hand will waist to command respect in his personality, was a clear demonstration of vanity – In three days Berber! Make sure not to lose the box or never see the princess again! Slave will be somewhere in the German Africa! – Do not wait for an answer, pulled the horse’s reins turning it in the opposite direction he had come, galloped off without even looking back.
I was sure of the respect that had those wild tax, but needed time for the arrival of reinforcements, and that would be at least two days. No Berber would come out of there alive that was for sure!
Husam Samir and watched the horse to man fade away in silence until one of them said:
- We have three days Husam to discover the secret of this case and bringing Layanah back! - Samir rested his hand on the shoulder visibly upset friend.
- He knows that the box is here, because it attacks us right now and get the box and Layanah? – The Husam Samir asked to merely shrug.
- Reinforcements! He hopes reinforcements in order to attack us! – Husam walked toward Rasil it was his first soldier on the front lines.
- Rasil! Go with Thorya carry a message to the emirs of the entire area of Merknès, there will be a great battle for Oualili in less than three days! Tell them that the secret of the ancestors is to be discovered and that the Emir of Fquih Ben Salah and Beni Mellal needs your help!
- Men wasted no time and went on their mounts.
Husam returned to close to Samir and asked him:
- After all how important this such a small box that is costing the lives of all of us? – The first time the Emir to know if all the sacrifices would worth or if it was just a dispute between men of power.
- If my theory is correct Husam, the world as we know it will cease to exist! – Samir nodded – we came back here because this has always been the place! Henri de la Martinière the French archaeologist who took up Hudhafah Old, found such a stone tablet with inscriptions equal ace box and parchment in the same place and under the Bled Takurart fortress, apparently after that there was the earthquake that artifacts became visible – Samir paused.
- The board was not very old, probably Roman, but with a copy of written seen somewhere, which I suppose are below those ruins there – pointed to the remains of the imposing fortress.
- I need you to get me some men to dig that place and see exactly what all this means. And Husam, our time is running out! - Concluded awaiting approval Husam al Din.
- You will have your men! I will ask them to follow his orders, but I want to be informed of all the progress we achieve, no more surprises! – Husam headed for some Berbers who were sitting around a campfire, start the morning.
The couple came down from transport that was the connection between the two cities, a journey with many stops, but it was not for the moment any kind of criticism. They were finally on a sightseeing trip and not for personal exploration.
Cairo had already been sufficiently troubled that there were such concerns now and it seemed quite successfully managed to outwit his pursuers. The fact that they have been trapped inside the tomb KV62 was providential. Zaliki still need to talk to at some point, it did not come out of her head.
Arminandar by recent research knew Khouribga was a city in north-central Morocco, capital of the province of the same name, which is part of the Chaouia-Ouardigha region should have around 175,000 inhabitants today and with a very different architecture from the beginning of the last century, but he hoped he could at least find places that could somehow you look familiar.
Wide streets mingle with the alleys of the beginning of the city’s founding; in actual fact the city was only founded and acquired its name in 1923 due to the phosphate French farm.
But there was already a settlement that was widely used by caravans in crossing the desert and Berber settlement, now even modernized had only one hotel Golden Tulip Farah Khouribga and it was precisely this that the young couple Stayed on the expectation that they could pass wonderful hours together.
All exploration activities were now in the background and Arminandar embraced warmly Bridget on the balcony of the suite when he decided that they could talk a little more about the issues to Orichalcum box, after all was for him a family heirloom that had served since ornament table until paperweight before deciding to keep it as a souvenir of his mother and his grandmother, inside the wooden box when solving moved to the apartment in Soho.
He imagined that such an object did not match the latest and eclectic decor that made the place an oasis in central London and so had condemned him will the darkness inside the cabinet.
- Tell me princess, because the case has this Orichalcum name? – Do not let her turn around facing answer him; he liked to hug her from behind with his arms crossed over hers ahead. And I loved the feel feminine scent she gave off the body warm and sweaty by Al-Magrib heat.
- I like when in flaming princess, I feel like one! But do not feel obligated, I had a recent loss, I also know I’m not the reason for this loss … I love you Iliash of Arminadar! – He kissed her affectionately ear that was discovered by the hairs, the woman’s body in her arms stiffened.
- I know, but there are no fault or blame, only decisions and each in its own time. It may be too early Bridget, but the way I love you too … – turned it over and kissed each other quietly for a while heading toward you high bed and spacious suite that held a large mirror with platinum frame in front.
He was the first to lie down resting his head on the pillow, stretched entirely in bed, Bridget laid her head on his chest and stood next to him.
- The term Orichalcum element comes from an assumed that the dominating Atlantis and then the metal was gold, is assumed to be a metal more precious than could be found. For us mere mortals, it is a myth, but when I look the Box cannot recognize anything similar in the periodic table, so the composition of the object that you own and kept for so long, has an unknown composition of modern science! – Slightly lifted his head from Iliash chest to see if he understood.
- Well, I will not deny that tried unorthodox ways to open it in the past and I can say that it has come to be an obsession for some time until I found more fun things to do! – Pinched the buttocks slightly over the jeans she wore. They laughed for a moment while she snuggled further hot and manly body Arminandar. He loved being in his company.
- What Morell pragmatism? – He asked with astonishment by far not yet know exactly what the man who had hated from the beginning both craved. It came to be pathetic he was so far from home without even knowing the real reason that had brought him there.
Bridget even wanted to stay in that position indefinitely ran his own body and sat cross-legged beside him still.
- I only know what my father told me at times when we could be alone. I never participated in meetings between them until you get. – Bridget did his traditional curl of hair back with both hands and then made him tip over his shoulder, always right. I loved that about her, it was an amazing grace.
- But it seems that the Black Stone that VRIL Company seeks part of the other half which is in Mecca and the two are joined together form a very powerful energy source, it could be the technological answer to the future in terms of energy. That’s what my father believed and could discover any remaining technology would help humanity to become better and less dependent on traditional energy resources. – Took advantage that he was still lying and climbed on top of him remaining sitting with her hands close to her face on the pillow, her hair hung like a waterfall involving all Iliash’s face he felt the sweet scent of orange and almonds.
- That wonderful smell that you have and what haunts me even before I met you what it is? – Asked puzzled while still lying looking at the beautiful women who played with her earrings hair over her face, there seemed to be outside world, only two of them and nothing else.
She leaned over to kiss him softly on the lips while interspersed with your answer – Dior Addict Eau … … Delice … I hope you enjoy … – I began by taking off her blouse she had worn all day, did not use nothing beneath it and its proportional breasts and pink nipples emerged wanting to be touched. Arminandar touched them lightly with your fingertips in a circular motion as she sighed in pleasure and continuously wet the lips.
- It is a mixture of orange and cherry … … – sigh of pleasure when touched by the man she loved – Indian Jasmine … … Roses and Almonds … – wrapped her right arm around her waist and pulled the body of the beautiful woman against his putting his other hand behind his head holding her hair gently, made a spin on the body and placed it at the bottom of his, he held the position in which she was sitting and took half sleeve shirt without unbuttoning, Bridget was amazed at the power of seduction that the man had on her.
He lay down on his body fully exercising their weight against the bed, she froze almost choked, but break free of that physical oppression was not an option, it was what he had wanted all his life and had succeeded only in recent days, I thought to be living a dream. They remained in that position for a long period without carrying the consummation of bodies and hot sex on, just wanted to feel each other extremely and completely.
They knew that belonged forever.
They fell asleep holding each other and half-naked for a few hours until the call from the room service woke them. Bridget was lying on her side and held her Iliash behind altogether. It was he who received the phone call informing that dinner would be served promptly. Still they remained for a few minutes in the same position until they left the suite and headed to the Dining Room.
They knew that there were few restaurants near the hotel but preferred to make the meal right there.
Asked bland foods to the base of local aperitifs with a wide variety of olives of various flavors and spices. Some were quite spicy, but others disguise the taste of the past, several folders that accompanied the Balbout and drinks that would not compromise the night, for him an apricot juice without sugar or sweetener, for her to orange, to finalize the traditional tea typical local mint.
Arminandar wondered silently how often his great-grandfather would have sucked the same as it on the spot.
Could not know who was more than correct in his thoughts, not far away in the past Samir of the house Berber no headquarters was more than a few tens of meters, but today was just a distant echo of a place that no longer exists.
- You know my princess … – covered hand of the woman who accompanied him on the table with her – I felt its flavor even before you know it! – Grinned as if her past life had been forgotten long ago.
- On the day that I first went to the museum to talk to his father, I woke up with a taste of sweet almond and a touch of orange that I had no idea where he would have been! And that haunted me for several days, until today when you tasted on the bed had the same feeling, only this time know why! – He kissed her hand without releasing it.
- Iliash! You’ve got delusions! – Smiled widely the beautiful woman who pretended removing the hand that was in possession of the man who had stolen his heart – How could I dream about someone who does not know of have succeeded in one day? – Turn to kiss his hand.
He became suddenly serious – If they told me I’d be here today with a woman I met for less than two weeks and completely in love with her, I would say would be completely crazy! – Went to the back of the fingers on the face of his mate making a long caress. – Come on! Let’s walk through the city of my great-grandfather! – She spoke cheerfully and casually trying to push more recent memories. Bridget realized it would be very long ways to Iliash forget Christine.
They walked a little around the hotel, and in nearby streets there was not much to be seen, almost could say that everything went like a century ago, if I knew what it was like actually, but here and now, everything seemed like it had to be . They decided that they would return to the hotel and would return in the morning towards Meknes and then Walila.
Bled Takurart in the light of powerful searchlights Heinrich Stauff coordinated nearly twenty men in removing some huge blocks of stone with inscriptions of some kind in Latin. The name of Marcus Aurelius Antoninus could still be seen in one of the largest blocks.
With the help of transport trucks, were able to make a sufficiently large clearing in order to start an excavation.
Morell absorbed by what he saw and sure to find something that others could not find looked at the amount of sand that rose to be dumped elsewhere. It had to be as unobtrusive as possible and the night was their guardian today, Volubilis had nothing around to represent an immediate risk at that time, nor the tourist hordes who only come the next day, so had all night and much of the morning so they could explore the site.
In a tent set European-style, Christine she lay looking at the old parchment and wondered if the others that came before it had paid at least the same price it than most. Now all were uncertainties and regardless of what could happen from then on, nothing would be as before, for a moment wanted to stop living, but his primal instincts did not let the flame of life was extinguished.
He fell asleep thinking about how nice it would be Iliash was there to protect her, but he now belonged to someone else, her heart had a new owner and she was a distant memory and forgotten a brief and intense adventure.
It was just a distant memory … – repeated quietly as I fell asleep. Hours later and trying to be as careful as possible not to disturb the sleep of the charming and fragile woman, Franz withdrew him the scroll of the hand and led him to the Grand Master.
Kidnapping the princess had been a hard blow to the Berbers, and Karl Haushofer knew it, had treated with the deserved respect, after all it was not a wild and pleased his female companion, even more of a woman so beautiful. Not for the racial difference that had would be a great mother and breeding for their children. But today was just a bargaining chip for his future as leader of the new order that would impose upon the world.
“It would be as great as Moses, Jesus, Buddha or Mohammed! The Black Sun Stone would give you this power! “Thought the leader of the Company as admired Layanah leaning against some pillows on the tent floor. It was a vision of paradise, perhaps not be allowed to stay with the two trophies…
In the morning at daybreak the Berbers were already removing some large fallen size stones on the floor of Bled Takurart fortress, but the biggest slab that covered almost the entire floor had to be pulled by a lot of horses and away from the excavation site.
Samir went up on a hill so he could see better from above and feet and watched intently. The large block of granite that looked like a giant tombstone was made by the emperor of Volubilis Cologne in Century II, the name of Caesar Marcus Aurelius Antoninus Augustus was clearly visible on top of the stone that read in Latin:
“Digs inside you. That’s where the source of good, and this may well continually, if you dig ever.”
“Death is the rest of the sensory impact, the titerear of impulses, intellect ramblings and services to the meat.”
“Well most severe are the effects produced in us by the anger and pain, with which we react to things, than those produced by the things themselves, by which irritate in and suffer.”
“Nothing in disgust or discouragement; if thou hast fail, again.”
“Living well is a right, learning to die is a privilege.”
Nothing seemed more appropriate at the time of those words written for so long, were timeless! Still a corner in tiny letters was the name of Theodotus Vero, one of the names contained in Ra Scroll certainly were all related to the artifact. All around the old and indecipherable inscriptions skirted the large block of granite.
Gradually a clearing of approximately 50m² opened and sand removal work began slowly and thus lasted for a few hours. Shortly after the mid-afternoon to about six meters deep shovel hit something solid and Samir asked everyone to stop. Something had been found, perhaps the answer.
Sand continued to be removed by hand under the guidance of Samir who had sent Husam al Din. Gradually the outline of a tip of stone was appearing on the excavated area and the extent to advancing the base grew toward the bottom. Husam came and positioned itself next to Samir who looked at the work of excavators from the top edge of the huge square hole ten by ten meters.
- See Husam, you know what that is? – Samir pointing to the center where the men were still removing the sand.
- What do you think is Samir? – Husam looked curiously.
- It is the top of a pyramid! A pyramid much older than Oualili and perhaps more ancient than those of Egypt! – Samir said with some excitement – if it had been discovered to fifteen years would have been the greatest archaeological revelation of the century! La Martinière would have been a very famous man! – Samir concluded with slight resignation in his voice remembering the difficulties that had been imposed on the excavations in 1890.
- Never heard of this type of construction in these locations, those who think that built? – Asked Husam.
- I do not know, but if this part is the apex of the pyramid is very likely that the base is tens of meters below the desert sand ... If we imagine how long it took the sand covering, assuming that everything here was a plain, may have almost twenty thousand years - Samir was surprised by the result of the account he had done, but it was what his logic showed.
Husam looked at him in amazement – I’m not as good archaeologist as you so I’m sure, but it contradicts all known history, there must be another explanation – the first time after the death of his father seemed a little more relaxed, certainly it It interested him.
- It is my expert opinion as an archaeologist not like Berber! – Samir was thwarted at the same time it was called by one of the diggers to descend to one side of the pyramid was now well defined.
The excavated area already covered at least eight square meters when the inscriptions appeared in one of their faces again that indecipherable writing as it was on the edge of the box.
Samir can play for the first time the pyramid was not down before because I wanted to see all of the vantage point of service where he was and so that anything that possibly was found by the Berbers were subtracted. Beside him was also crouched Husam I saw amazed that structure that emerged from the desert sand and the time ends.
- See Husam! We cannot touch her! – Samir was astonished – when I put my hand looks like the play, but has some very fine thing that prevents us like a glass that does not exist – pressed her hand harder to see if I could actually exceed that almost imperceptible barrier that prevented him from touching the metal of which was made known structure.
Contrary to what happened to the box, but every time I pressed her palm with more intensity, more resistant and repulsive became his hand away in reverse. Decidedly there was something around the building that prevented this could be touched, how to get it then because the answers to all the questions asked so far certainly would be there? – Samir thought while showing tin magnetic field, so it was assumed, that the more force was more his hand away from the side surface of the pyramid.
- If we consider the top of the diameter of the pyramid to dig so far, you may have hundreds of meters high, I have no idea who could have built with this technology, even in that time! This is fantastic! – Berber was amazed that such a discovery has never been made public, it was the dream of every adventurer, put your name in history and cover it for “Gold and Glory”!
The night already fell in the camp and at the request of Samir that Husam had stopped the excavations ordered his men to stay on guard, did not want surprises for the next day and as he said Samir, “Time was running out”!
Not far away about an hour’s drive one Hans Zimmermann dismounted his horse and reported to Karl Haushofer – They spent all day doing an excavation in a part of the ruins, I could not approach me, but by moving the camp found something! – The German leader a smile. – At least! Nor will I need to look! – Laughing to him as he dispensed Hans Zimmermann.
Samir could not sleep, was elated with the discovery while her heart was apprehensive for the kidnapping of Layanah; two emotions so different about two things come to love. He looked at the mast of the tent and again as the first day of Great Journey realized the adornments, was the same that had spent the night on the night he was called by the Emir. He realized what seemed an eternity…
He got up to look at the moon in the sky and realized that he could not see her, perhaps despontasse later decided to walk towards the excavation, wanted to look at her again. The guards were away enough that anyone near, even they and Samir after they exceeded the Berber barrier entered the ruins of the ancient fortress.
To his surprise the pyramid was illuminated with a very slight green cast all around, it was not glowing as the box when he touched her, but a bright green not cleared.
He descended the rope ladder up to the base excavation and approached the large building that was buried again positioned the hand and tried to touch her, but could not and every time we printed more strength, the greater the brightness and clearance around from his hand. The box had a meaning and what was in it too, could be the key that would give access to its interior, then it would be necessary that there was an entry. He prayed that was not the base of the building that would be a huge disaster!
I was seized with the case, never leave her for that at some point there could be a chance to be stolen in such delicate circumstances, he had been guarded by hundreds of years in Agadir’s tomb and he would not lose her sight. For a moment he thought the German was not as smart as he thought, had managed to keep the Atlas tomb in secret and now was the resting place of Ikrimah Alzahara her protector.
The box is illuminated and Samir opened, with the necessary care took the object I was inside and it looked like a thin hexagonal medallion, this also lit up at his touch. Approached the one of pyramid faces that contained the writings he had ever seen on parchment, one of the symbols caught her attention by presenting the same shape and size as that shiny medallion in his hand possessed.
Next a thin slot of the same thickness as the key was positioned and visible. Enter it without difficulty until you got half out some of Pyramid scriptures flickered and lit with the three colors she knew, but this time very much alive that illuminated the entire sand base excavated.
He realized that that way I could go through the layer before prevented him from playing the pyramid and with some caution was sliding until he could put his hand on the surface – a key! This is a key! – He told himself that no one could hear.
There was no noise or mysterious lights, but a totally dark door opened in front of you as though always there invisibly. He felt an urge to go, but hesitated, no matter what there was there would have opportunity to see some other time, could not allow something went wrong and could not have Layanah in his arms again. No one would steal her happiness this time.
Removed the key in the same way that had been inserted sliding down the pyramid edge of the slope and put it in the box, walked over to his tent and went to sleep, do not tell anything to Husam for now, was not sure I would find inside that strange building that does not look anything like something known in human history, at least not in this story, it could be any other previous … he fell asleep while Christine invaded his thoughts.
- Thank Samir Berber! I will protect your secret! – I told her Christine Arminandar as he kissed her face as if this were the last time he would speak after so many nights we wanted to find her. In other circumstances would be the adventure of a lifetime as he said Husam al Din. He slept the sleep of the just hoping that the new day was better than the previous one, was exhausted at the end of the Great Journey and the events of recent months.
German reinforcements from the Black Stone Society had arrived during the night, nothing could be more suitable than the events of the last day, I would not have to wait any longer than necessary to get what he wanted.
- Hans! – Cried vigorously Haushofer.
The German ran toward the sole leader making a military greeting as he cracked heels.
- It dawned, prepare men today is a day of struggle! We will march on the Berbers, nothing will be left unturned! Schnell, schnell! – Firmly concluded the German leader.
Preparations were being made and before noon were at the gates of Volubilis Cologne with an army of fifty men armed and ready to claim his trophy! Nothing could stop them. Haushofer entered the tent where he was Layanah princess and held her tightly by the arm.
- Prepare beautiful princess, we’ll make an exchange today and know that is costing me a lot to have to return it, you may change your mind at the time, but for now just get ready! – She said dropping her away.
Layanah was disconsolate since learned of his father’s death by the man who was now her captor, was repulsed approaching him alone, but more terrified even to be his prisoner, even more now that housed within himself a child of her lover Samir.
His life did not mind, but his beloved and desired child was all he wanted safe and had no idea that exchange was that that would be submitted nor why she was abducted from her father’s camp security, only might have happened to be dead or no one will ever dare such insolence, only those foreigners had that audacity and who wished at some point the Berbers paid in kind.
She threw herself on outstretched cushions on the floor and sobbed uncontrollably in silence with his face in his hands. What fate had been his over there and with the death of her father, her betrothed would take her life and take her away from Samir…
Bled Takurart, Samir after night of sleep in which he remembered in detail Christine party, made the decision together with Husam to cover the pyramid again, was a strenuous work and this could weaken men when the Germans came the next day, but I could not help in any way he lost his key, which at this point thought it was such a library of Elders Christine whispered to him at other times while giving them access to the interior of the pyramid, to be used in order improper.
Now that I knew what it was and what it was for the key became imperative to cover the place with large granite slab made by Antony Antonino. If it was hidden for so long it was because it should not be found! This was his opinion.
The sun was already high when a Berber sentry who was on an outpost arrived at the camp to speak to the Emir – Husam al Din my Emir, foreign and approach are many, calculating that approximately fifty, all on horseback and armed! – The scout said.
- Gather the men! Today is a good day to die as any other! – Husam said the Rasil that was near, then turned walking towards Samir – The time has come my friend! – For the first time in a long time Husam put his two hands on Samir’s shoulders and hugged him – that your journey be long in this life and that of our enemies is short! – He said smiling broadly as he was surrounded by the Berber warriors.
- Warriors Berber Beni Mellal! – Called them to join them – my father served with dignity, today we will fight again for our lands and our families! These foreigners think they can enslave us, but it will not happen today or never! Grab your guns! – The vibe in the camp was contagious and everyone has positioned the horse and among the fallen walls of Oualili that would stage once again a war among men.
Karl Haushofer and Hans Zimmermann rode rhythmically with the princess on horse middle between both toward Volubilis. The soldiers had been about five hundred meters from the fortress, were arrested less than one hundred meters hoping Husam and Samir were to meet what was not long.
- It seems surprised Berber! – Spoke Haushofer – he is not too happy to see his princess? – He asked smiling along with Hans enjoying of his opponents.
- I thought it would be good conduct anticipate our meeting! - Awaited the reaction of the Berbers. Layanah could not understand why his brother and Samir were there to save her in exchange for something unknown, but the mere sight of seeing the beloved already reassured, although noticing the apprehension in his eyes.
- Yeah, sure we will wage better relations in the future! – Anticipated-Husam – I see you brought more company than the last time we came! – The new Emir could make out in the distance a large detachment of knights ready for battle – you are well Layanah? They did you any harm? – She waited for her sister answered.
- Do not Husam my brother! Nothing made me just want to go home and forget all this, whatever it is! – Layanah said through a sob and others.
- How do we make the exchange as it is in charge? – Husam concluded knowing that would not like the answer.
- Hans! Take our guest forward and make sure that it is comfortable until I end up negotiating with these “gentlemen”! – The stocky, burly German holding the horse’s reins princess turned away about twenty meters.
- The Berber box! Schnell! – Karl Haushofer was getting visibly annoyed by the situation, did not like the movement he saw and wanted to just get it and send them to hell where they would best use the hand of the devil.
- What guarantees we'll have it will be safe? asked Samir.
With a flick of Haushofer, Hans drew his Mauser C96 and pointed at the head of Layanah as the horse moved slowly to the Berber camp – there has its Berber guarantee! Now the box! – He said the German leader reaching out to Samir.
With some resistance Samir handed him the box shining in your hand even in the dim afternoon sunshine in the desert. I knew that once made it the possibility of being killed by the end of the night was almost certain.
- Here's the box, this is your prize ... - Samir was not surprised to see that the device did not shine in his hand, as if it were calculated could never open it, moreover, the key was not there!
They began to retreat forcing the horses back without leave to stand in front of Karl Haushofer, when he reached out again – the parchment Berber! And do not argue or she dies! – Made a new nod to Hans had just trigger the gun.
- That was not in agreement, German pig! – Husam wanted to move on man and kill him, had inflicted too much pain to your friends and family. – This ends here and now! – Samir stopped him.
- Here is the parchment, but let her go safely and will be yours otherwise never see! – Samir was determined to save Layanah and his son from the hands of that ruffian, remembered well the torture suffered in their hands, and would never forget.
- Hans! – The German sole went back to the leader and pointed the gun at Samir while Layanah rode to the safety of the camp where he was awaited by a special trim Berber Assassin that would take away from that place as soon as possible, before the Walila desert turned hell on earth!
Samir handed him the parchment and retreated while the Germans distanced themselves to their barracks. Did not count on having to deliver the Ra’s Scroll, there was important information that could jeopardize the future of all, but was now in the hands of Allah.
Arriving at the camp Layanah searched for but did not find her and headed toward the Husam tent. Failed to enter, he was prevented from seeing the Emir, at least at that time. It was fair! Husam and sister not seen since they started the journey to the Great Atlas and a lot has happened since then.
He waited for nearly an hour until it was called to the presence of Husam al Din.
- Come Samir Khouribga, my friend, my brother despite the diversity of our lives and we now receive as their promised by the will of Ikrimah Alzahara The Radiant Layanah the princess al Din! – Husam spoke with who took a huge weight off his back, wanted to formalize something that has long been poorly explained and wrapped in mystery, on the other hand as it were faster made the announcement between them, less embarrassing was the situation of the princess, and they knew it.
- Nothing more need be said! Nothing more will be said about Samir and Layanah than for the happiness of both!
- Husam entegou her hand princess who lacrimejava as the coveted miracle had happened and everything would be as it should have always been, except that his father was not there to bless them.
- Oh my beloved! Husam told me of the great crossing that made the desert and everything that happened – the princess gasped while in Samir arms that had hoped for a lifetime that time – do not blame my father Samir, he did what he thought best for us two, was a man of his time – stopped to look at him for a moment – and now our son will have to create it as a small Berber desert as the father! – Smiled with pleasure, as if they were children again around the fountain.
Samir did not have to say anything just to ardently kissed embarrassment of his brother who was still inside the tent and tried to get out as soon as he realized he was the most in the room.
After a few minutes of Emir output when was heard in the distance some cracks of rifles, Samir knew who they were, they would be able to say to which art model Mauser 1894! Members of the Black Stone Society wasted no time.
- My beloved princess, light of my way, I need to get out now and take it with you! Store it with your life until we meet again! – Samir was apprehensive and led Layanah for a group of four riders Assassin who were waiting outside the tent by Husam al Din orders.
He kissed her again as if he needed again that the time to stop, but it did not and could hear the shots increasingly closer to the camp.
- Take the princess to Beni Mellal and not let alone protect the camp! - Riders wasted no time and began to ride as Layanah tried to look back expecting to see Samir, who was no longer there anymore.
In the city of Khouribga looks point to the almond-skinned man now crossed the narrow streets toward centennial will supply water near the Souk, the street market. Walking to catch the shuttle that would take them first to Khémisset and then Meknes when Arminandar wanted to take a break in front of the fountain that shone in the morning sunlight, recognized that place like the back of his hand without ever having been there.
He had a vision of a little boy with simple, loose-fitting clothes, the pants just above the ankle and chest open showing all the sweat of those who run the city streets. Bent to drink the crystal clear water that fell from the source without even lay hands, only his mouth absorbed the precious liquid that flowed in abundance.
A beautiful girl wearing a blue dress with embroidery on the sleeves and collar was ahead of him, but he had not yet seen because another boy with clothes also very well cut and aligned prevented his vision until it down to wet her face in Water supply. It was then that the boy dressed simply stopped drinking water and marveled at what he saw.
- You are beautiful! – Said aloud the small Samir.
- Thank Iliash! You can make a woman feel desired! – I told him that Bridget was at his side and heard him do the courting. Arminandar turned surprised by what happened, and did not explain sense, but had the distinct feeling that he had seen an echo of its past.
- Samir! He turned quickly to the man who called in the distance ready to wave the arm raised, but realized that the child who ran into her father’s arms to his call was not it. That place had too many things that did remember a life that never was, thought it best to leave, at least for now.
- Let my dear, we meet our fate! – And rose in the conduct that would lead to Bled Takurart.
The trip was no less dull in the back than on the way, but it was a need which could not escape and transport resources were scarce in place, remembered with a faint smile of his Rover Evoque which remained parked in Soho and did I lack now. I missed the music as well, but there would be time for him and Bridget take advantage of all the things he liked and was sure it would all she did well.
Reached Volubilis before noon and headed to the ruins of the ancient Roman fortress called Tocolósida nearby, now Bled Takurart in Darija of Amerruk dialect. They noted an intense movement on site and realized the military transport vehicles that had passed them the day before on the road to Meknès.
There appeared to be no coincidence that they were there, Bridget pressed the Arminandar arm closer to his body and slowing down toward the place where they thought they would find some answers to what they had seen in Tomb KV62. Recognized the servant of Morell!
They have not had time to observe better, cordon which was only formed by sentry men in the ruins had already intercepted.
- “Something was terribly wrong!” – Thought, holding the hand of Bridget and pulling her to him.
- What do they want with us? We are not invading, we are tourists, we are only looking at the ruins! – I told them to pause mouth but firm.
The voice sounded guttural and Franz terrifying for Bridget – Herr Morell appreciate to know that Mr. also arrived with his wife in Cairo! – He made a head movement so they walked until the main tent, each of the three other guards were with his hand on the butt of their guns without leaving them on display completely, but it was enough that would inhibit any intention drain.
They walked for about two minutes until the main tent that housed the Grand Master of the headquarters of the Black Stone Society – quite wide with a high frame that leaves some circular ventilation from above whose lining not touched the bottom forming two distinct layers but overlapping.
There were divisions inside, but a long, long table served as a basis for books and maps that were on it, right beside the Ra parchment was completely unwound and the visible content, across some loose photographs showed other artifacts with inscriptions similar to those existing in Box belonging to Arminadar. -
Morell stiffened to perceive the presence of the photographer who owed him the case and their future stolen, squinted trying to understand how they have managed to get to the same place as him without having knowledge of information passed by the English model who accompanied him on the trip.
- Well, well! What good winds bring you here Iliash of Arminadar and see who is accompanied by the beautiful daughter of Alexander Follmann! – He gave a laugh that could be heard throughout the camp that surrounded the fortress. Not far away in another tent inside the security perimeter young blonde and youthful looking interested in the reason that it would take that nasty man to such an attitude. She decided to investigate.
Arminandar embraced Bridget standing in front of the table which in his view was the only thing right now that could prevent it from tightening that neck that was staring, until the exhaustion and exhaust the life of worm who dared challenge him protected his henchmen!
- I’m not surprised you’re here! Looking for something that will never be yours! – The photographer nodded without showing emotion in his voice, there would be opportunity for direct confrontations at another time, for now had to keep cool and save Bridget.
I thought the strategy would use to get out of that situation when Christine came through the half-open crack in the tent.
- What was so funny that needed to give such a loud laugh, Morell? – He had not yet fully come when he felt his legs go weak before the vision of man who still loved before his eyes, more attractive than had been on other occasions. His shirt was open and generously designed and muscular chest shone with the tone tan color of his skin heat of Morocco, but was not alone in the safety of his arms was Bridget Follmann, not her…
- Iliash … I had no idea we would find here … – told him in a hoarse voice and melancholy without looking at him, worried about the intimacy that the woman who tucked it showed.
- No wonder you’re in such sordid company! – Said he grudgingly – apparently her genes spoke louder! – He pressed a little more Bridget against his chest, was worried that she realized it was her weakness.
Christine visibly shaken tried to mumble a few words that were retained in the throat. – You have no ideia…
Morell seeing the whole scene was quick to interrupt, most urgent thing needed to be defined and was not there to love games and romanticism, but realized that the weak point of Christine was before his eyes, had not forgotten how imagined. She would do whatever he asked!
- I hope that the accommodations at the Golden Hotel have been the best possible! Cared for Zaliki the Egyptian, give her everything she needed! But do not blame him, he is in the highest esteem and just wanted to please you! – Morell gave a long, hearty laugh that could be heard everywhere.
- Yes, we had the best without a doubt! We were in the only room available even though there were no other guests! Moreover, the space required was precisely that it was a double bed … – Arminandar Christine staring eyes like a bird of prey swooping on its prey.
On the other hand, the Morell companion felt an overwhelming hatred took care of his body, he knew now that her captor had devised a foolproof trap for Iliash or any other man in the same situation; – “Weakened by the breakup of their relationship, a cramped bedroom and a double bed as the only option and at his side a beautiful woman who could rescue him everything he had lost…” – his thoughts were faster than his words.
- Morell your snake disgusting! How could you? – The girl started to strike him in the face, but was immobilized by the wrist violently and thrown to the ground in front of the gun he pulled on impulse pointing now to the head where the long blond hair covered the faces of the fallen woman . Franz walked as fast as he could and stood between the two to lift it off the ground preventing Morell’s line of sight, which contained and was now trying to compose him putting the gun back into the waistband.
- Did you know that is very sexy when you make threats! – Said Morell panting with the effort to contain the beautiful woman who hated him and wanted him dead.
Franz led her by the arm without hurting her out of the tent as she looked back, but Arminandar not defended, not even left the place where she was, but she now knew everything from the beginning had been devised and put into practice by that hideous man who held her prisoner.
- As I was stupid to believe in Morell! – He spoke as she was led to his tent.
- Do not challenge the Grand Master, it will not be important to him. When he gets Box kill her boyfriend! – Franz did not beat around the bush so she understood the gravity of the situation. I thought he deserved to live and wanted to help her.
Arminandar had no opportunity to hide Orichalcum box that was in his photographic bag and Morell hastened to seize it, the only hope was to thwart the plans of the company was preventing came at the hands of Christine. I needed a plan of action!
- Franz! Put them together with Miss Spiegel! They must have a lot to talk, need to inspect the excavations! – Said the commander of the camp and upper servant.
During last night and the arrival the fortress excavations had not been postponed. The militarized team and handsomely paid was quick to close a well-defined and guarded perimeter would prevent anyone from exceeding these limits.
Boards with information that it was an archaeological expedition authorized by the Moroccan government were prepared on all sides, with that tourists would avoid the place during the day and seek others who were not restricted.
In the morning and after removal of large stone blocks, they began removing the sand and not take long for hours after a metallized tip appear amid those ruins.
Was evidence of improved construction of a distant past and an ancient civilization which did not appear in the books of official history, but Morell knew that even before the first stone be removed and the sand removal.
Standing where once Samir Ziaul-Haq and Husam al-Din were contemplating the same building, the Grand Master was making plans for the Black Stone came to your hands that day. – Heinrich! When up to six meters deep let me know, I’ll be in my tent. Do not delay! – Told in charge of the excavation.
Heinrich Stauff was one of the direct descendants of the founders of the Company, his ancestor had been Phillip Stauff and student of Guido von List, Grand Master of the High Armanen Orden, occult scholar and practitioner of various mystical doctrines of the secrets of the runes.
Died during a visit to Berlin in 1919, but left their ideology and religious philosophy. Hitler, obsessed by the idea of the supremacy of the Aryan race, was a fervent admirer of his work and of the ancient Teutonic myths and symbols. Inspired them, chose Thor’s lightning as an emblem of Hitler Youth, the rune Sigel doubled to be the symbol of the Gestapo and ultimately for use as standard, inverted and tilted the swastika.
- “I trusted him as a child, he was sure he would not be disappointed!” – Thought walking into the tent. Make a meal and sleep for the rest of the afternoon, the evening promised a multitude of possibilities. A doubt as to who could activate the Orichalcum box still haunted his mind, but with a bit of luck soon at night would have this response!
Inside the tent where Arminandar and the two women were imprisoned the atmosphere was tense, the temperature inside also helped leaving them almost suffocated. Both were immobilized with very thick nylon cable ties and it was impossible to be able to loosen them. Those men who were there serving Morell were professional, with absolute certainty had been trained for years for what they were doing.
Christine lying in a corner avoided looking at Iliash and companion, for her it was a vision of hell on earth. Even in their most terrifying nightmares that could be a possibility at any time, however, there were both obviously in love and she dropped on the floor like a piece of meat leper.
He felt the pinch in the heart as if it were shrink in size and became so small that it would be able to stop beating. – “Maybe it was better that way …” – he thought letting the head fall until it touches the ground.
- Talk to her does not let her believe that there is more important for you. – Bridget said softly into the ear of Iliash – she still suffers for you, I can understand, I’m a woman too. – Moved away a bit to make room for even them did not have much place to go and it would be inevitable to hear what would talk, just hoped not regret the advice just given, but it was a matter of law, it belonged to him by a long time and did not want a man to himself that he could still feel some desire for another.
His life had no room for doubt.
- How did you get involved with Theodor Morell, Christine? – She asked him approaching her and realizing that despite the grief she was still very important to him and his life.
It took her to compose herself, found until he never spoke to her, but I was wrong, as in all the other things we had thought about it. Not even given him a chance to be able to talk that morning you left. Deep down I believed that he would seek right away, but had not.
- After I left the Soho, I was in the event for one day, the next day Morell appeared in Liberty saying he needed to talk to me and that it was my interest and it came to you too. – Turned still lying on the floor so he could look at it for the first time without fear of what might come next – I believed him and that was my big mistake. I was captive in his house until he told me that you and she were in Cairo…
Arminandar was thoughtful. – You did not find it strange that he had sought and not me? – Trying to understand how she fit into all this.
- I thought you did not want to see me after knowing the truth that morning, I waited for your call or knocked on my door, but you did not come … – said with bitterness and resentment in his voice – when I realized it was no longer important to you told him what he wanted to know about the case, and here we are. She looked for the first time in the deep eyes – forgive me, I just wanted you back and did not know how!
- You know he will not let us get out alive is not it? – He spoke with obvious resentment – at least you can open the box, but we do not have any use other than now aim to serve! – He got up and tried to look through the crack of the tent overlooking the outside. He took a rifle butt on the head and fell unconscious. Outside the guard repositioned again.
Bridget ran to help him, but could not do much with his hands tied behind his back. – Help me turn him or he will choke on the sand, quickly! – Afflicted shouted for Christine. With some difficulty managed him to stay away, a trickle of blood dripped from his face, would be a scar not very deep, but that would leave her mark. – “If you live for it!” – The two women looked at each other as if they could have the same thought at the same time.
- You love him, right? – Christine was the first to try to dialogue with what he considered to be his rival, but now made little difference.
- I learned to love it after you left. – They looked at each other – but he does not hide his feelings for you yet. He could not even if he wanted. – Hid who had loved him since he had entered the museum door, nothing would for any of them that kind of talk, nothing would add to the time it was not just unhappiness.
It took a few hours in silence. The man lying on the floor groaned and slowly opened his eyes, was not surprised to see the two beautiful women he loved so close, but he needed to be able to save them and still had no plan at all. – If we can not find a way to escape, do not remain another chance! – Was silent at the time when Franz came through the opening.
- Grandmaster want to see you. Standing! – Held Arminandar and Bridget with both hands and lifted without difficulty. He approached Christine and lifted her gently, looked like a scene from Beauty and the Beast on Broadway, was something surreal differential treatment that he had just done.
The night had fallen and had not even noticed, walked a few meters to the center of the old fortification, the excavation was over. Morell was standing on the edge of the large square hole at the center a faint green light covering what looked like the top of a pyramid. – About four meters out, the base still deeply buried implied that the buried building was huge. The color will equal Box undoubtedly was made of the mysterious metal called Orichalcum, and the glow that emanated was weak but sufficient to lighten it without obscuring the view. -
A little more than a meter off the ground were the inscriptions Arminandar knew from an early age and in the same way we always saw them without sparkling colors or something. Noticed two wooden coffins with a dagger symbol in the center, they had not been desecrated, but he had no idea who they were. He remembered a letter from the passage left by her grandmother inside the Box:
“By the will of Allah, Samir Dad the traveler’s Great Journey protected the secret of old with his life and misfortune took with him his beloved Layanah my mother, who now lie under the ruins of Bled Takurart in Oualili.”
There were the bodies of his ancestors once again at the mercy of the greed of men. It seemed Samir was still being the guardian of the secret of the Black Stone. I expected Morell, who approached, not suspected who the bodies found there.
Christine looked at that had realized it and he was sure that this time she would not talk.
- Wild is what they are! – Said the Grand Master – bury their dead in sacred places that they themselves understand! Wild! – Pointed to the coffins inside the pit.
- In 1940 when Karl Haushofer, his great-grandfather dear, was here digging as we do now, he did not have the same patience I so had to blow up the great protector slab Marcus Aurelius Antoninus the emperor of Rome had to do in the year 279. – he looked at the woman who remembered desired inside the car the day before – Yes! We are not the first to find the Great Library of the Ancients! – Spoke vehemently.
- Caesar ordered his architect Theodotus Vero carve a large granite tombstone to bury forever the knowledge that he did not understand! And if he would not make use of this knowledge, no one else would! And that’s all that’s left! – He pointed to the large blocks of granite that had been removed with the help of trucks.
- The most interesting is that Haushofer had even dug up the pyramid and all the work of a lifetime, did not have the cash to be able to open it! – Not regretted, since he did not suffer the same problem.
Everyone present looked speech that bordered on madness and dementia, the German vibrated in their own words. – We will never know what was written there, might even have helped us to understand in another time, but now I have you! – Laughed briefly. – No! I got you baby Christine! – He waved to Franz Heinrich and take them prisoners will close down pyramid.
He came down shortly after positioning itself at a safe distance.
- What happens now Morell? – He asked Arminandar trying to buy time to get out, but it was a hole at least six meters high and only a ladder. I thought that the end was inevitable, but to try.
- Untie them! – Franz walked with a sharp knife military had no difficulty to free them. They rubbed their wrists so that the blood circulated again naturally. Morell made a gesture with his hand and Heinrich handed him the Orichalcum box that belonged to Iliash of Arminandar by law.
She threw her without warning to the true owner caught her and he did not fail. But the case remained unchanged throughout its format. – Give it to Christine! – He ordered the man with the gun.
Box logo interacted with the beautiful woman who had already discovered what was inside, the letter of Warithah who was Iliash possession. Again entries sunken flashed red and blue at the same time a fine line formed across the back allowing the lid to be opened. Christine was about to open it when it was interrupted.
- Nicht! – Shouted Morell shaking the barrel of his pistol to Christine.
- No my dear! I have a doubt about who can really open the Box and plan to solve it now! – He took a few steps will Freight and took the hand box of the woman.
Fantastic brightness had disappeared in his hand as easily as had been lit in the hand of the woman who had a special charm, not only for the artifact as for you. Irritated in knowing that he could not control that technology alone, just him in all that he knew and that would be the fittest to lead humanity to a new threshold.
He took two steps back with their prisoners still on gunpoint and again threw the case, only this time to Bridget that still caught in the air before it hit her on the head. The only one who was not surprised Box responded to the museum’s secretary touch was Arminandar.
- As I suspected! Genes skip a few generations, but remain dormant waiting for “Chosen”! This leaves me at a standstill! – Lowered his gun looking at the three Arminandar that was in front of the right, the left Bridget and Christine beside him. – I only need one of you to another unfortunately you have to leave us! – Cocked the gun with a quick motion.
Arminandar made a threatening move, but the German was more quick to point out his gun barrel. – Do not do stupid things right now if I were you! – Said Morell you still pointing the gun. The photographer stood there with clenched fists and body vibrating with insistence out of that inertia that existed and fall on the jugular of the man who abhorred.
Morell was pleased with the power the weapon in his hands exercised and seeing that the man was static in front of you pointed it at the two women.
- My choice will be based on pure logic although it might hurt my feelings! - Did not lie about it, I knew it would be the most appropriate decision, but again the condemned to solitude, on the other hand nothing of what had happened there that would have guaranteed him a different future.
- I’m sorry Christine! – He pointed the gun at the woman who looked at him with resignation. – But they and Arminandar are no longer the couple who were with it the power it could have on you lost value since the Romeo there – pointed – is in love with the daughter of Trustees and it seems that it is reciprocal, so this will be the my bargaining chip, or it dies! Disagrees Miss Follmann! – I had no time to hear the answer. Bridget tossed him the cash that was in his hand toward his face impulsively tried to turn at the same time that the gun went off.
Arminandar instinctively and opportunity, he threw himself on the man who fell heavily to the ground under the weight of the now angry owner of Orichalcum box and Guardian of the right by time. Although not a direct descendant of the Assassin Thorya proudly carried his name and his skills. That man is now trying to shake the powerful fingers and shoot the gun widened the terrified eyes.
Heinrich who was at a considerable distance from where the body fight happened rushed to help the Grand Master, but was prevented only with hand Franz put the giant on his chest. – Do not interfere! – I told him without changing his voice. Heinrich did not try to overcome this human barrier and the guard Christine’s back would not allow her to be hurt.
A second muffled bang was heard coming out of the barrel of the still smoking gun and a smell of burning flesh by a shot will close range took over the place that had no breeze. Arminandar supported the knee Morell holding the gun while a puddle of blood ran underneath the man lying on the ground.
- I cannot die … – were the last words of Theodor Morell.
Franz looked at Iliash that was in doubt would have enough bullets to be able to face the rest of the members of the Black Stone Company.
- “Certainly not!” – Thought still looking at the muscular man ahead of him that did not move.
Franz without expressing a word with a pointed look at the scene behind Arminandar will next pyramid. Bridget was in the arms of Christine with a red and dark spot on his chest, not moving, ran toward him throwing the gun down.
He knelt beside her and picked up the little white and soft hand that moments before the holding.
- Do not leave me … Please do not let me … – said with cracking voice. Tears began to trickle down his face, there was nothing he could do. – Please…
Bridget felt the heat of Iliash mouth kissing her hand, opened his eyes and saw first Christine who was still holding the woman wept profusely.
- Do not cry … Everything will be fine … – He looked Iliash she loved. – I’ve always loved you … Even before I met you … – were his last words before your eyes were closing and the life leave his body.
Arminandar took her in his arms and pressed it against his chest, wish I could trade places with her but could not, just could not.
He repeated the last words I heard. – I’ve always loved you Bridget! Even before I met you! – And remained there for as long as deemed necessary without being interrupted.
Christine who had attended all waited for him to come back to you.
- She threw herself in front of me, I could not help. That bullet was for me … – passed the back of his hand through the nose to hold back the tears that flowed in abundance – I’m sorry Iliash … I’m sorry! – Not approached him. He did not move, even look at her.
Franz picking up Orichalcum box that was next to the body of Morell held it out to Christine who was still sitting in the sand holding legs folded with his chin resting on his knees.
- Use it! We will blow up the place! – He waited for the woman who had protected would get the cash in your hands.
Box flickered and reacted to stimuli of hands now opened and removed from within a very thin hexagonal blade with blue and red colors. Registrations pyramid behind her flashed in the same colors and the opening where that key could be introduced had a different color.
The key was inserted under the gaze of Franz Heinrich and that all were watching, and a dark shadow in the shape of an inclined door became visible.
Franz heavy and walked slowly to Arminandar. he looked down and said;
- Keep it there! Not being able to go with us! – He pointed to the gap that had just graduated in the sight of all.
He was slow to understand what he had to do, but knew I could not leave the place carrying the body of Bridget. Worse still would take her to London and his father. Follmann thought of Alexander and saw the oak table with the old man making his speeches and the beautiful Bridget, who was killed in her arms, smiling sitting next to him.
- “How to lead the news of these for a parent who had requested and believed he could protect his daughter?” – The thoughts even more bitter.
He rose to overweight the body of Bridget imposed on him, but even with difficulty refused help. He alone had the right to touch her, no one else! He walked to the opening and without slowing came in, hoped he could go with her to the place where the take and there remained, but there was nothing but bright and straight lines that ran what appeared to be a runner and darkness. The interior of the pyramid was much larger than it appeared externally.
Did not understand how this was possible, but not worried, he walked a few more steps and saw what appeared to be a table. Everything about the place was compatible, everything was made of Orichalcum.
Landed with the utmost care the body of the woman who had been his companion, woman, lover and friend in recent weeks on the table and saw that the red and blue lights came on and a green light enveloped and that could see her He without any problem, could not touch her.
A green film equal to that covered the entire pyramid from the outside prevented him from touching her again.
He pressed harder to overcome that barrier, but only managed to get his hand from straying more and the color was more intense. He realized that the more power to do more was repelled in the opposite direction.
She reminded him of a magnetic field.
He did not insist, your dear and loved Bridget was finally protected. He lost it twice, could not even touch her again. Tried to kiss her in vain, her lips did not touch hers even so close that not a hair would pass between them. He remembered the two rounds she took with her hair before leaving overhanging the right shoulder.
He insisted again in vain, but it was enough to let her go.
He turned towards you outside light that was almost twenty meters straight and walked without looking back in thought asked: – “What will I do without you my dear Bridget” – was back in the deep hole appeared where the top of the pyramid.
Franz and Heinrich had pulled the two coffins to near the entrance, but refused to go inside the building. Christine tried to help.
- Is Verboten! – Franz said holding her arm. – Only he can do, we do not! You guardian of the key! Wait here until end! – Interposed between the input and the woman who was beating in his chest as he held his arms effortlessly.
He promised to protect her and had achieved. Still alive.
Arminandar was a strong man and even with some difficulty took a coffin at a time until close to where Bridget was asleep, would not be alone for eternity. If not for the red spot on his chest could have sworn I wake up at any time. There was no manifestation of the pyramid in relation to the coffins of Samir Ziaul-Haq and Layanah al Din, but it was not something that bothered him. There would be safe from adversity from the outside world.
He looked around again before leaving. He noted that there were several lines along the walls indicating where it should proceed if he wanted to go ahead, but thought better of it. That place had already made too many victims; it was time to put a stop to it.
- “If you need another entry know how to find it, I have a map, the map of Bridget.” He left to find Christine outside arms folded and head bowed, his cheeks and nose red from crying.
Franz and the rest of the Morell’s men put explosives on the walls of the hole, that place would be buried forever while the grave of one who had stolen the love of his life and did not deserve much formality.
- May you rot in hell for all eternity Theodor Morell! – Crouched to pick up Ra parchment that had fallen from the dead man’s pocket as Christine removed the key to put back into the box. They did not know that a century earlier a similar dispute with a similar outcome had taken the life of Samir The Berber that same location.
- Take it! This is yours; I do not want to have to stick with it. – The blanched cash in the hands of Arminandar that put it in his pocket and went upstairs where his wife had just passed toward the upper portion of the hole.
Christine spoke with Franz the brute. – Franz Thank you, you saved our lives! – He said.
- Morell bad man! Not want the stone to good things, do not deserve to be with her! You live so important! – He tried to express in the best way he knew.
- But what will happen to you? – He asked her yet insistently. – You can come with us to London, there will be safe! – Nodded safely.
The giant stopped briefly. – The company will behind you need to be careful! – The first time he had managed to make the agreement a word, he felt proud. – They, the Company, dislike Morell, too, will not be concerned about loss, but will want to Cash! – He looked Arminandar trying to light a small fire.
- Heinrich did not speak, we say that all is lost and not know Morell! – He turned to give the last orders that exploded what was left of Bled Takurart fortress.
An intense burst of several stages and was felt all that was around will still gleaming pyramid of green protected from the outside world fell on it covering it completely, but would damage not sure. Other men on the orders of Heinrich had lifted camp and erased all possible traces of their passing by.
Soon they entered the car to follow the direction of Rabat, would take the Falcon 7X and return home. Franz stopped by the fire that had Arminandar away the rubble.
- You cannot go! Wait until tomorrow and get on with tourists! – He looked back out the window watching the delicate silhouette of Christine in the distance alone and shrunken. – It always love you! Live long Iliash of Arminadar! – The engine roar powerful car in Morell and the model had reached Volubilis sped off with the headlights on and the trucks after him fading into the darkness of the plain.
Christine hugged it is cold and approached the fire. Arminandar took the parchment and opened it to look at him again before throwing it on the fire, I knew it by heart and did not need more of it and the less people knew of its existence the better.
Soon, completely burned in his intimate thought of how many souls ascended to heaven every time a long list name that had been replaced tens hundreds or thousands of times there turned into ashes. It was over.
He knew there was no point burning the case, it had done numerous times at different times of his life and unsuccessful. Needed to save it again. Christine sat beside him keeping a safe distance, but needed the heat of the fire or die of hypothermia.
They slumbered away from each other without exchanging any words. In the morning they managed a shuttle that took to Meknes, Khémisset Rabat and then where would catch a plane to London.
They were limited to talking strictly essential for them to return to the destination. Franz had been courteous leaving you all documents belonging to both thus did not have any kind of mishap. Already in the plane to London the words of brute bothered him:
- "Morell be dead! They come after you now. The company kills everyone on your way to getting Black Stone "- leaned back in his chair waiting to take off, closed his eyes and thought of Bridget who was at his side, laced his fingers in her hand and closed his eyes.
Christine did not outline any reaction when he took her hand and folded his hands, looked at him not knowing if I should say something. He thought it would be as good a time as any, and did not hold back.
- I need to know Iliash! You and her … – was cut short.
- Do not you dare! Now or ever – in Arminandar the tone of voice was grim and rough, this would put an end to definitively conversation. Just set limits on the relationship between them.
She in turn did not insist, there were things that were not worth the penalty be said or heard. The rest of the trip was quiet without him loose Christine’s hand.
The Berbers of Husam al Din were entrenched in the walls of Volubilis while German Society began the onslaught by the two sides, a little far away the machine guns with tripods firmly nailed on the sand spit bursts of bullets that were the ancient stones shatter in all directions.
Samir was alongside Husam at the front – their weapons are superior Husam, we only have 1890 Remington rifles will not give their account or the determos long!
Husam looked around the battle scene as best they could without being hit and saw that the German troops were advancing rapidly – yes Samir, we need to get out of here, but we have to give advantage to Layanah and we need to protect the pyramid, though not know his existence! – Husam shouted orders to the men who were in what was left of Oualili walls.
Karl Haushofer was angry with the fact of not being able to open the damn box! I did not know what technology prevented him from opening it, but wanted to hold this knowledge at any cost. The Berber pay dearly for this insolence and would still be with the woman only for her pleasure. – Move forward, do not leave any stone unturned! – Haushofer shouted to his men that passed over everything they saw in front like a tidal wave compressor.
Berber warriors began to retreat while some already lay fallen dead on the remains of the walls or on the sand, most do not know why he was fighting, but followed the order of the Emir without question, had been since ancient times, not because there was change, they were a tribe and would remain one until the end. - Get back! Stand back! - Husam was beginning to move away from Oualili leaving behind the place of ruins, Samir trying to follow him staggered and fell flat on the floor. He had been shot in the back by a German missile.
Husam ran to try to succor him, but was prevented by the two machine guns that flew over his head, got desperate to see the Germans approaching Samir. In front came with Karl Haushofer in his Mauser pointed fist forward.
- So Berber! He thought he could fool me? – I told Samir lying on the floor motionless and bleeding in abundance – Show me how to open and let you live! – Haushofer had played a hexagonal metal box over Samir breast that struggled to catch her, had no intention of letting that Berber who had caused him so much trouble one more day with life!
- You … You can not open it! Coughed the Berber with blood coming out of his mouth – only the elect have that power! – I told him putting his hand over the artifact and causing it to shine in two bright colors and light – this is a gift from Allah … Not for infidels … – hung his head now weighed him much.
Shots away from coming to the attention of Karl Haushofer, the Berbers were returning, but in much greater quantity, reinforcements had managed somehow. After all were not as unprepared as he had imagined, do not underestimate again.
- Hans! Let’s go! There will be another day and another victory! – Said the German bending down to pick up the box that held Samir when a straight shot hit his hand and had to retreat hastily leaving behind the gun that pointed to Samir lying in the sand.
Husam was the first to come close to Samir, was quick to put the head of his friend on his knees to make it more comfortable. Rasil and Thorya who had managed to bring reinforcements to Oualili descended from horses and knelt also by the Berber, who was looking for companions in recent times and Husam friend forever.
- Take care of my son and loved Layanah and … Husam! – Samir screamed in pain – will not live to see it grow, but I know it will be in good hands … – Samir tried to breathe more and more difficult.
- Not my brother Samir! Your journey is not over yet! You are the guardian of the Black Stone, cannot die! – Husam shouted to his friend holding tightly one of her hands as her tears began to trickle down his face.
Rasil could not stop the sob that choked to see people who respected and loved suffering once again. Only Thorya the Assassin remained undaunted letting your inner anger was contained, did not want her to leave at that point even if the desired lot.
- Thorya! – Samir shouted discharging a gush of blood from the mouth, under her desert sand turned red, the wound was too deep.
The Assassin extended his hand. Samir with some difficulty gave him the shiny box that went off when changed hands – delivered to Layanah … Tell him I’ll love you forever! – He groaned looking for Husam and turning again to Thorya.
- Protect it with your life! - His head lolled on Husam's lap and his lips were speechless, Samir body now lay lifeless, his faithful friend of adventures was dead.
The cry of pain that Husam al Din issued at that time could be heard even by Karl Haushofer who was long-distance and out of reach of Berber weapons, rushed to the horse and go into a run to Tanger. Morocco no longer interested for the time you had the parchment and wanted to study it in the coming months. The Berbers could wait!
In time to claim back what he considered rightfully his, would one day return to that ruined fortress to know what the wild Berbers had dug beneath the Tocolósida fortress!
The Berbers of Husam al Din decided on the persecution of German invaders, with a little luck the cavalry newcomer not lose sight and would pay for their mistakes and insolence! In the distance the dust of the Germans showed that they would not get far. Karl Haushofer knew that all together could not escape and in a last attempt to escape awakened and ordered his men to stay back and to mount a resistance front lying on the floor or behind the stones that existed at the site and could make a natural protection.
- Hans! Stay and prevent them from passing! - Said the German leader vehemently -'ll meet me Tanger so end up as these damn Berbers! - He turned his horse and sped off as his faithful servant Hans Zimmermann was an official greeting and began to position men.
The Germans had military superiority and inflicted heavy casualties on the Berbers of Amerruk, but they had the dexterity of the desert people and knowledge of the terrain. Within hours of bloody battle field was covered with corpses on both sides, while Hans Zimmermann went galloping behind Karl Haushofer.
Nothing remained of foreign military convoy in the future that German intervention would be considered just a disagreement between two groups.
Arminandar down in the British Museum door and asked the taxi to take another passenger to the apartment in Soho, she had the key, there would not be any problems.
- Wait for me there, there is one thing I have to do … – his voice was sad and choked and Christine knew he could do nothing at that time to help the man who had always loved. They were terrible times.
He climbed the stairs slowly wishing eternity to catch up, but did not, the middle-aged woman who had once received Morell and Christine walked toward her.
Without looking at him and held up a finger so as not to follow him, he knew the way and went alone and unannounced in the Reading Room, Alexander was in his usual chair making some notes. He looked over the lenses of his glasses while listening to the creak of the door and was not surprised by the figure that was ahead of him standing.
- Dr. Follmann … Alexander. I need to tell you …
The curator remained where he was, sitting motionless…
Back at the apartment in the Soho Met Christine Spiegel asleep on the couch, lying as always remembered her, but her feelings had matured, was another man, even though he knew that he loved her like the first day he saw her, it was no more than a jovial way, was calmer, the overwhelming passion had given way to love, simple, serene and still.
I learned this through Cairo, Casablanca and Rabat, perhaps even at the entrance of the British Museum.
He approached her and sat down beside him, let the blond, long, silky hair slid through his fingers. There was sorrow or anger or any other emotion that was not deep love.
Christine opened her eyes and looked at the Arminandar.
- I do not care what happened in Cairo or anywhere else where have passed, I recognize that it must have been an extraordinary woman to him to leave such a deep mark in such a short time, and do not even know if I'll be will height it was for you, but still love Iliash, with all the strength of my heart! Today and always! - Pleading in his eyes, did not lose a second time.
Christine wrapped his neck and whispered in his ear:
- Love me Iliash … – gently kissed him touching her lips to his.
He did not answer, he took her in his arms and walked toward the bedroom, laid her gently on the bed, sitting next to him ran his fingers through his hair soft, wanted to experience again what they knew to do better with one another exceed the limits of love and desire they felt.
In his intimate Arminandar wanted to revive the lost love and better days, missed the taste of almonds with orange water on his lips, but that would be a secret that would lead him to the grave. The storm would…
In his mind echoed the last words of Bridget.
- “Everything will be alright…” – closed his eyes and kissed Christine ardently.
Husam al Din Emir of Fquih Ben Salah and Beni Mellal looked a little Dunyana Fatiha, his name meant “Our world in the early dawn,” the daughter of his best friend and brother Samir Ziaul-Haq fallen in Oualili battlefield in 1905 during what became known as the Great Day of the Guardian and its sister Layanah princess al Din who had died a few years after what he believed to have been a deep disgust have delivered to an impossible love and have lost their loved without I never truly own it.
It had been ten years and remembered like it was today the Samir pleasant company and good laughs we got together. I liked to believe it had been a good friend although in the last days of your life you have not shown the way you would like, however Samir had ceased to be just a Berber educated in major cities of the West to become a legend of all the people Arabic Al-Magrib.
His story today was counted as many others that he and his friend heard the wheels of fires during desert crossings and were wondering if any of them would be true, I know now that all of them they were, but had to live one of these stories to understand the weight they have in their culture.
He remembered his father Ikrimah Alzahara and the tomb where he was closed for all eternity until someone, someday, dared to make the Great Journey again. Almost certainly it would be the mysterious Christine Arminandar of Samir dreams, his name was written on parchment by his own hand.
Friend’s image dying in his arms never came out of the head and in time there would still be a reckoning with his killer. Also lamented the untimely death of his sister Layanah so full of life and with such a tragic fate, love might be the most powerful force existing on Earth, moving mountains and also destroyed.
In the years that had passed the Maghreb had changed in every way his father had warned him about the speed with which the West would invade his domain. In 1906 shortly after the death of Samir and the arrival of the Germans with the Kaiser, civil war forced the Al-Magrib became independent through the Algeciras Treaty, under the sovereign power of the Sultan Muley Abd-el-Aziz who was eventually deposed in 1908 by his brother Moulay Abd al-Hafid who in 1912 ceded sovereignty to France, becoming a protectorate of the country when he signed the Treaty of Fez, which ended up dividing the country into two giving rise also to Taneẓroft Tutrimt or Western Sahara.
This kept the Germans away from those lands and Oualili that remained watched by desert tribes against foreign invaders, while live Husam was willing to keep the secret of the great metal pyramid, because that place had served as the last home for the friend and your sister.
Nothing could be more suitable than bury them in a place that could not be desecrated.
Dunyana Fatiha was a radiant child, had her mother’s features with his father’s wit, a perfect and marvelous creature. Not had the opportunity to meet the great Berber warrior who was the father, and did not remember the few years he had lived with his mother, but issued its own light wherever he went. Thorya the Assassin was still her guardian and would be for life honoring the promise he had made to Samir, passing from mother to daughter.
But things were not going well for the Berber tribes by influences of the Western world and walked into a new world conflict, it was clear the German expansionism in Africa and it certainly would extend to Al-Magrib.
Husam was sure Society Black Stone had not forgotten their interests in hexagonal metal box that now belonged to Dunyana who seemed to have inherited his father’s way of making it work.
Layanah had received the box from the hands of Thorya still Samir blood around her and kept it until he was no longer with us, in turn Dunyana liked to play with her because red and blue bright lights always lit up when she touched and inside was the key that Samir had given to the beloved during the escape Oualili.
It was time to send it along with the little princess to safety and this needed to be resolved as soon as possible, but it would be a great sacrifice to Husam al Din, open only tie the hand that bound him to the past he loved and respected, but could not take risks with your niece and Princess Fquih Ben Salah and Beni Mellal.
The Emir had no family built the little princess was his successor by right and at the time needed, which in some discreetly, she was educated with things from the West, like his father before her by order of the Emir.
Husam smiled bitterly at being in the role of father years before trying to protect someone he thought it would be very important in his life and his and had not been mistaken. What had started as child’s play around a source of clear and transparent water, it had become the greatest event of recent times!
A strategic plan to send her to the West it was necessary and urgent; Thorya would accompany and continue as her guardian. And under no circumstances could fall into the hands of his enemies who expected only a chance to reach the Black Stone of the Sun or the Tomb of the Atlas where his father was buried.
Karl Haushofer who owned the parchment had become a major patent of the German army and not waste time breaking into Oualili so he had a chance and the coming war would be your reason.
Husam made preparations for Dunyana went to France, not would miss him financial and personal protective features, but it would be a child like any other, so do not raise suspicion and for this purpose organized a trip to take her to Tangier.
It was a three-week trip through the desert, mountains and plains and despite the rush he had to put it safely intended that the trip was the longest possible Dunyana loved the company and the memories it brought back.
The night before arrival to the city of Tanger camped for the last time and there again told tales of the Thousand and One Nights that one day include the history of the Great Day of the Guardian, Samir. Dunyana had slept when Husam called Thorya:
- Move closer to my friend and protector Assassin! Your adventure ends here beside me today, then tomorrow you will a new adventure with my beloved niece Dunyana which should protect it with your life! – Husam looked into Arabic of an ancient caste and had served you and your father with distinction.
- Therefore I delivered her vow of silence to come back to the living again. Consider your mission at the service of the Emir, my father completed! – And it made him a greeting that was matched by Assassin Thorya.
- I am grateful to you for freeing me of silence Emir! – Thorya was impressed by the sound of his own voice not heard in over twenty years and did not even know for sure if Husam al Din already heard some time throughout their life.
- I will protect the Samir daughter of the Great Journey with my own life, the word of the Clan of the Assassin! – He bowed and went out into the desert that night I would pray to Allah for the grace of his release and the long silence.
Tanger was a city marked by time and achievements of people from all over the known world, yet had survived as a starting point for new horizons, and on the way towards the harbor leading to the open sea’s heart Husam seemed that would make me pieces when he arrived at the destination, but the reason had to overlap to your personal needs and heart. Once again pay a heavy price, had lost all he loved throughout life, this was their journey.
Tickets to two passengers were negotiated and luggage would be delivered to the care of the crew of the merchant ship that would make the connection between the two continents. Paris would be received by an emissary of Talut the Marrakesh spy who Husam had to become great friend and use their services paid with great frequency and this was one of them.
- Come my little Dunyana Fatiha, my “Our world in the early dawn” Daughter of Samir and Layanah, your journey starts now with Thorya that will follow you wherever you go.
- Husam tried to disguise his voice visibly choked. – Whenever you need me I’ll be by your side, but now you need to discover the world and follow in his father’s footsteps! – Husam hugged her and held her against his chest tenderly and eagerly unwilling to release it, understand now what Samir spoke to him about the need of the time to stop.
- The little princess embraced him warmly without realizing what was really going on, so it would be just another trip in the company of his Thorya protector.
He pulled up and motioned for Thorya approach.
- Use your name in Assassin crossing and extend it will princess. The less people, myself included, know who she is less risk run and may have a happy life. I know the news by courier when you need! – Husam looked at his beloved Dunyana Fatiha and submitted: – May Allah protect them today and forever!
Husam al Din turned away lest their presence was not perceived more than necessary, and walked to the narrow streets of the city he had come and headed Tadla-Azilal with a void so great in your heart as the desert so well. If there was a sense of living needed to be rediscovered.
Thorya and small Dunyana, I looked over his shoulder the Emir get away, went up the ramp leading to the deck of the merchant vessel Al Salamah name that would take them to the lands of the West and into exile. A uniformed sailor came up and asked what were the Assassin passenger names to point in the book of board records. The Arab replied without hesitation, would use his family name with honor:
– Thorya and Warithah of Arminandar!
This book action-adventure, real characters mingle with other fictional in situations and places that were of relevance to human history over several centuries hypothesizing that everyone could be linked to the same reasons although separated by centuries.
The Stone of Time Vol. 1 compiles the story of Samir, The Berber and Iliash of Arminandar, is part of ILIASH series where the characters move between the books, but independent ways, telling the same story.
Edward Warrior writer, researcher and theorist of the mysteries that haunt humanity through the ages. Theories raised in his books point to assumptions that many may have thought, but few had the courage to put into words, challenging concepts and faiths in the search for answers.
As a writer, he published Deep Sea which raises social and existential questions of the human race through the ages, is preparing to launch The Prince in the wake of this book and Volúpia an independent story about love and sex.
[ * 338* ]
Foreword Samir thought it would have a life like any Berber Al-Magrib, but what was in store for him or the greatest prophets could predict. A life of frustration and compliance that it was the will of Allah, but it would be possible to conduct their own destiny? The silence of the desert says a lot more than one can say a Berber, can be your best friend or worst enemy. Will depend on the journey the direction the wind will blow and it will erase the sands of time all that has been written to rewrite a new story. The Black Stone which has been a myth explored by various cultures throughout the ages, may have a reason to be proven and changed the course of human history as it does to the present day. Was she able to show for the "chosen" what was to come? The young Berber had no idea that it would be a piece so important in human history when he met Husam al Din - The Faith of the Sword his great friend and companion of many adventures. There was no doubt that the life of Arminandar change radically since realized that he could not sleep as much as wanted, after all, those voices that haunted his dreams wondering what to do and where to go left made sure that he approached the much faster madness which had predicted. In recent years had been affected by a visible fatigue every time you fall asleep, not knowing for sure the real reason why this happened, moreover some names of people and places were echoing in your mind for long periods and not faded or with own time. Inside, I felt an overwhelming compulsion to be in places you've never been before, even if you did not even know existed! It had been a while, not much, but months for sure, which started buying specific books on Al-Magrib, understood that it was a North African region in the Mediterranean entered into junction with the Atlantic area of plains, but very desert It has always been inhabited by a multitude of Berber and a history of conquests and re-conquests by various people over the past two millennia.