Serial Killers: True Murder Stories And Murder Mysteries Of Some Of The Most Vic




True Murder Stories And Murder Mysteries Of Some Of The Most Vicious Serial Killers Of All Time

Table of Contents


Chapter 1: Sacramento’s Vampire

Chapter 2: His Hatred for His Mother

Chapter 3: Family Terminator

Chapter 4: Evil Since 1891




Want more books?


Would you love books delivered straight to your inbox every week?




How about non-fiction books on all kinds of subjects?


We send out e-books to our loyal subscribers every week to download and enjoy!


All you have to do is join! It’s so easy!


Just visit the link at the end of this book to sign up and then wait for your books to arrive!




I want to thank you and congratulate you for downloading the book, “Serial Killers: True Murder Stories And Murder Mysteries Of Some Of The Most Vicious Serial Killers Of All Time”.

Erik Erikson, a psychoanalyst, formulated the developmental stages of a person from birth to death. His theory insists that a person developed trust not from adulthood, but from childhood.

After a baby is born and up to it’s 2nd year, it’s existential question is, “Can I trust the world?” Hence, if a child is neglected, they would see the world as a scary place to live in. They may grow up wary, and if this wariness is reinforced by further lack of care, they could live to be a very miserable adult.

Serial killers are proof of this theory-- learn the makings of the world’s most vicious murderers in this book.

Thanks again for downloading this book, I hope you enjoy it!

Copyright 2015 by Jason Keeler – All rights reserved.


This document is geared towards providing exact and reliable information in regards to the topic and issue covered. The publication is sold with the idea that the publisher is not required to render accounting, officially permitted, or otherwise, qualified services. If advice is necessary, legal or professional, a practiced individual in the profession should be ordered.


- From a Declaration of Principles which was accepted and approved equally by a Committee of the American Bar Association and a Committee of Publishers and Associations.


In no way is it legal to reproduce, duplicate, or transmit any part of this document in either electronic means or in printed format. Recording of this publication is strictly prohibited and any storage of this document is not allowed unless with written permission from the publisher. All rights reserved.


The information provided herein is stated to be truthful and consistent, in that any liability, in terms of inattention or otherwise, by any usage or abuse of any policies, processes, or directions contained within is the solitary and utter responsibility of the recipient reader. Under no circumstances will any legal responsibility or blame be held against the publisher for any reparation, damages, or monetary loss due to the information herein, either directly or indirectly.


Respective authors own all copyrights not held by the publisher.


The information herein is offered for informational purposes solely, and is universal as so. The presentation of the information is without contract or any type of guarantee assurance.


The trademarks that are used are without any consent, and the publication of the trademark is without permission or backing by the trademark owner. All trademarks and brands within this book are for clarifying purposes only and are the owned by the owners themselves, not affiliated with this document.


Cover image courtesy of David Goehring – Flickr – https://www.flickr.com/photos/carbonnyc/8640306649/


Chapter 1 – Sacramento’s Vampire

On May 23, 1950, Richard Trenton Chase was born in San Jose, California. A lot of their neighbors noticed how badly he was brought up, but no one thought that he would soon make a name for himself as The Vampire of Sacramento. But if you look closely, Richard had almost all the characteristics a future serial killer has.

His father was a strict man, and often times, he would punish Richard through violent beatings. His mother was also the same. When Richard reached the age of 10, it was apparent that he had the MacDonald Triad.

This meant that Richard had a) Firesetting tendencies, b) cruelty to animals or zoosadism, and c) Enuresis, or bedwetting even after the age of 5. Guess what? This set of conditions is also called The Triad of Sociopathy or Homicidal Triad.

Psychologists explain that if a child is maltreated at home, especially by his parents, all the pent up frustration and humiliation he felt, would seek release. Most of the time, that release will come from setting fire, or treating animals badly. These two will then lead the person to wet their bed-- a form of unconscious and involuntary discharge.

One could say that having these three conditions would have driven people to watch Richard more closely, just in case he did something horrible. They didn’t, in fact, they paid no attention to Richard at all. Hence, they didn’t realize all the other things wrong about him.

Richard also suffered from an extreme case of hypochondriasis, a psychological condition which forces people to believe that something is wrong with them, even when there isn’t any. For instance, if the person experiences a headache, he might readily assume it to be brain cancer, and would immediately bug a doctor to “confirm” his suspicion.

Richard’s case was a little over the top- he thought that his heart stopped beating from time to time, he also suggested that his pulmonary artery was stolen-- when he reached the emergency room of a hospital, he demanded to know who took it! Once he claimed that the bones in his head were moving, so what he did was to shave his head to see the activity.

He also had this belief that if he placed an orange on top of his head, his brain would absorb the Vitamin C in it. He also seemed to have “delusion of persecution” because he moved out of their house thinking that his mother was trying to poison him.

During his early adulthood, Richard had many relationships, but none lasted for long. Perhaps it was because of his mental condition AND his inability to achieve erection.

He consulted a doctor about it and he advised that it was because of his rage. Later on, it would be discovered that Richard could only be aroused by violent acts such as killing animals and necrophilia.

When he rented an apartment, his roommates became irritated. He would often parade around naked and would frequently be drunk. When they demanded for him to move out, he refused, so his roommates moved out instead. Once alone, he started mutilating animals.

But it didn’t stop there-- Richard also ate their flesh raw. Most of the time, he would place the mutilated animals inside a blender and make a “smoothie”-- he did it because he claimed that his heart was shrinking, and that drinking the smoothies prevented it.

If you’re wondering if he was confined to a mental institution, yes he was. In 1975, Richard took a rabbit’s blood and injected it into his vein, he was hospitalized due to a severe case of blood poisoning. When he was asked for an explanation, he claimed that the rabbit ingested battery acid-- hence, he too was poisoned. After this event, he was involuntarily institutionalized.

In the mental hospital, he often talked to the staff about killing animals, particularly rabbits. Once, he was seen with blood around his mouth, and they found out that he killed birds and threw the bodies outside the window.

He was also claimed to have taken some blood from a therapy dog, and again, injected it into himself. From here on, the staff of the hospital referred to him as “Dracula”. On top of his MacDonald Triad, his possible schizophrenia, and substance abuse, Richard was also diagnosed with Renfield’s Syndrome, a condition where in a patient has an obsession to drink blood.

Once he escaped the hospital and returned to his mother, but he was also immediately returned. He underwent several treatment regimens, and after a year, was declared as “no longer a danger to the society”.

How wrong could they be?

The authorities released him in the condition that he would be taken care of by his mother (a form of conservatorship that should be renewed annually.) He stayed in his apartment, his rent and groceries were also taken care of by his mom. As time went by and Richard showed improvements, as he was weaned off of his medications.

A very wrong move, because his mother did it without the doctor’s approval. By 1977, the conservatorship ended, but his mother made no effort to renew it. Finally, he transferred to another apartment where he continued his vampirism.

In his new apartment, he began stealing the neighbors’ pets and mutilating them. At one point, he even called the family who owned one of the dogs he killed and told them what he’d done. He also started catching cats and rabbits so that he could feed on their blood.

Lastly, Richard got his hands on guns and trained himself on how to use them. One time he visited his mother and brought a dead cat, in front of her, he tore open the cat and smeared the blood all over his face and body. His mother just stood there-- and didn’t file a report after the incident.

On August 3, 1977, police officers saw his vehicle near Pyramid Lake in Nevada. Inside the car were white buckets filled with blood, on closer inspection a liver was revealed. On the seats, they found two rifles and men’s clothes.

Searching the grounds, they saw Richard, naked, with blood all over his body. When he saw the police, he ran, but was subdued. When confronted about the blood, he claimed that it was his-- that his own blood was seeping out of his body but test results on the blood and liver revealed that it was cow’s blood.


Before the end of 1977, Richard claimed his first victim. A man of 51 years of age named Ambrose Griffin, a husband, a father of two sons, and an engineer. On December 29, 1977, Ambrose and his wife went grocery shopping. Upon their return home, Mrs. Griffin took the shopping from the trunk, with Ambrose not far behind carrying two other grocery bags.

She heard him yelling at someone, or something, and then heard two popping sounds. She didn’t take much notice until her husband dropped to the floor-- presumably because of a heart attack.

But later, they learned that he was shot randomly with a .22 caliber gun.

One of Ambrose’s sons saw a man lurking around the neighborhood and thought that it was the murderer. He followed the said man before calling the police, but after the investigation, they found out that he didn’t own a .22.

The next day, two shell casings were found as well as a report on a suspicious car roaming the neighborhood, but these all led to nothing. Another 12 year old boy had given his report that a man riding in a brown Pontiac shot him while he was cycling. The young boy was even put into hypnosis so he could recall the plate number-- 219EEP.

Even with this clue, they couldn’t find the murderer. Police investigation continued and they learned that on December 17, just a few blocks away from the Griffins, someone also fired at one of the homes. When they inspected the casing, they confirmed that it was from the same gun used to kill Ambrose.

Despite the efforts, Richard remained at large.

After this murder, Richard seemed to take some time to “get used” to the idea. He sneaked into the homes of people or harassed them with his strangeness. First was the incidence with Dawn Larson on January 11, 1978.

Dawn was Richard’s neighbor in their apartment at Watt Avenue in East Sacramento. On that day, Dawn and Richard unexpectedly met and Richard asked Dawn for a cigarette. When she gave him one and turned to leave, he got in the way.

Dawn responded by giving him the whole pack-- only then did Richard leave her alone. Even before this, Dawn already thought her neighbor was strange. She saw him bring three animals into his apartment even though it was against the regulations. Oddly, she didn’t see those animals again.

On January 23, Richard was found at 2909 Burnece Street, while he was trying to enter the home of Jeanne Layton. Jeanne saw Richard fumbling through the patio doors, and when he found it locked, he tried the windows.

When he discovered that even those were locked, he went back to the door, where he came face to face with Jeanne. He did nothing though-- according to Jeanne, his face was emotionless, and he only paused to light his cigarette before leaving.

After that, Richard succeeded in intruding into the house of Robert and Barbara Edwards. After coming home from shopping, the couple heard the door slamming as if someone was caught red-handed doing something bad. When they checked, they saw a disheveled man round the corner.

Robert tried to catch him, but was unsuccessful. The police arrived at their home and discovered that some valuables were missing, on top of that, the man urinated on freshly-laundered baby clothes in the drawer and he also defecated on the baby bed.

Richard the intruder continued his conquest until he reached 2360 Tioga Way-- home to the Wallins. Unfortunately, unlike the Edwards and Jeanne Layton, the Wallin’s residence was unlocked, and one person was inside the house when he intruded.

Richard encountered Teresa Wallin who was a 22 year old pregnant woman. She was going outside to take out the trash when Richard shot at her: one bullet hit her palm, which she was holding up for defense. The bullet went straight along her arm and nicked her on the neck.

Another bullet went straight to her head. But Richard still was not done. Lying wounded, he knelt before Terry’s body and fired another shot at her temple. After that, he dragged her body toward the bedroom-- leaving a trail of Terry’s blood behind.

When Dave Wallin returned home, his dog was outside, but his wife didn’t welcome him back. The house was dark and there seemed to be an oil stain in the carpet. Oddly though, the stereo was on. When he checked the bedroom, he was shocked to the core.

His pregnant wife, Terry was there-- lifeless and bloodied. Terry, or what was left of her, was on her back. Her clothes were pulled off just above her breasts, her pants and underwear pulled down to her knees, and her legs were spread. From down her sternum, she was cut open, her intestine and spleen removed.

Her liver, diaphragm, and lungs were stabbed countless times. Inside her mouth, animal feces were stuck. Near the body was an empty yogurt cup, bloodied as if someone used it to drink blood. The bathroom, too, was covered with blood.

It was just the beginning.

On January 27, Richard committed the rest of his murders. On that day, 38-year old Evelyn Miroth was babysitting her toddler nephew and her friend, 51 year old Danny Meredith came to help.

Before that, Evelyn already made arrangements with a friend that she would send her 6-year old son, Jason to them. That friend became worried when Jason didn’t arrive at their place, so she sent her daughter, Jason’s playmate, to check.

When she arrived at their house, no one answered, but she saw a man in his mid-twenties near the house. The next day, when the neighbors grew worried, they checked the residence and were faced with a nightmare.

They were welcomed by the lifeless body of Danny Meredith, with a gunshot wound to the head. Going into the bedroom, they saw Evelyn’s body, in a fairly the same condition as that of Terry: she was almost naked, her torso cut open, there were countless stab wounds, and her legs spread.

Later examination proved that Evelyn was raped (they collected semen in her rectum). Around the bed, there were also ringlets of blood, probably because Richard once again tried to drink the blood from a cup.

Just beside Evelyn was Jason’s body. They checked the bathroom and found the water in the tub to be bloodied; perhaps Evelyn was soaking when Richard killed her before he dragged her body to the bed.

All three victims were shot in the head. They also discovered that Evelyn’s vehicle was missing, so they assumed that the suspect used it to escape. When Karen Fereira returned, she came asking for her son, David, the toddler whom Evelyn was baby sitting. By then, the police had almost zero hope that the baby was still alive as his body was missing.

There were prints all over the house and it fit the marks left in Terry’s residence. When Jason’s girl playmate was interviewed, she gave the description of the man she saw near the crime scene, and it matched the characteristics of the man who was roaming the neighborhood while asking people for magazines.

From the FBI’s point of view, the killer was a disorganized person and they already assumed it had something to do with mental illness brought about naturally or by drug abuse. Considering his crimes, it was certain that he didn’t plan them-- he left shoemarks, and fingerprints.

This was good for clues collection, but the bad thing was, if they didn’t catch him right away, there was a high chance that he’d kill again.

When the composite sketch and descriptions were publicized, one person who had seen Richard came forward. According to Nancy Holden, one time, while she was shopping, Richard approached her and asked boldly if she was “on the motorcycle when Kurt was killed”.

Nancy was shocked because a boy she was dating 10 years ago was named Kurt and he was indeed killed by a vehicular accident. When she inquired who was asking, Richard answered “Rick Chase”. Apparently, Nancy knew Richard from way back in high school.

Although Richard tried to “spend some more time” with Nancy, Nancy quickly fled the place because Richard was creeping her out with his messy appearance and strange behavior. When she saw the sketch and read the description, she was certain it was Richard.

The police traced Richard to his apartment at the Watt. When no one answered, they pretended to leave, but when Richard emerged, they captured him. After a few months, the body of baby David was found-- it was mutilated and decapitated.

During trial, Richard’s defense attorney tried to acquit him using the virtue of insanity, but after several examinations, psychiatrists found him to be antisocial-- not schizophrenic. That meant that there was nothing wrong with his thought process and he knew exactly what he was doing. He was charged to be poisoned in a gas chamber.

During his stay in prison, Richard was provided with medications to take to prevent hallucinations. Instead of taking them, he hoarded the medication and took them all at once. As a result, he was killed from overdose.

During one of his interviews with FBI agent Robert Ressler, Richard revealed how he chose his victims. He said that; “When the door is locked, that means I’m not welcome. If it’s unlocked, I could come inside.”

Chapter 2 – His Hatred for His Mother

On December 18, 1948, a would-be serial killer was born in the person of Edmund Kemper III. His parents, E.E. and Clarnell divorced in the year 1957, so Ed moved in with his mother together with his two sisters in Montana.

His mother was an alcoholic, so Ed was not cared for much, in fact, it was reported that she was critical of Ed in his growing years. When he turned 10, Ed was forced to live in the basement because his mom feared that he might hurt his sisters, in return, Ed blamed his mother for all his problems.

Growing up, Ed had already shown a strange side. He decapitated the heads of his sisters’ dolls, and he asked them to join him and play a game called “gas chamber”. In the said game, Ed asked his sisters to blindfold him and then led him to a chair where he would pretend to writhe and struggle until he died.

When he reached the age of 13, he already had killed a cat using a knife. His mother sent him to live with his dad, but he was also soon returned. As if his mother couldn’t take him anymore, she sent him to say with his paternal grandparents in North Fork., California.

It was a wrong move.

Since his grandparents’ home was a farm, Ed hated it. He manifested this hate by using a rifle to kill birds, which forced his grandparents to hide the weapon away from him. On August 27, 1964, when Ed was only 15 years old, he got into an argument with his grandmother, so he shot her with a gun.

When his grandfather returned, he also shot him by his car. He then hid the bodies and called his mother, who told him to call the police and admit what happened.

When asked later why he shot his grandmother, he answered that he just wanted to know what it felt like. He shot his grandfather because he didn’t want him to find out that he had killed his wife.

Since he was still a minor, Ed was handed over to the California Youth Authority where several tests were performed on him. Here, they learned that he had a high IQ and was suffering from schizophrenia, particularly, the paranoid type. Soon after, they transferred him to Atascadero State Hospital for the Criminally Insane.

After 5 years of spending time in the hospital, Ed was finally released. His doctors suggested that he should not return to his mother’s care, because of his psychological issues with her and also due to the past abuse. Ed didn’t heed this warning, he still went back to his mother’s place in California.

At first, everything was going smoothly in Ed’s life, it seemed like he had moved on from his mental ordeals and he was truly trying to start anew. He even attended a community college and worked many jobs.

His dream was to become a state trooper in the California Highway
Department, but it was not granted mainly due to his large build. Good
thing the Santa Cruz police officers welcomed him when he decided to hang
out with them.

In his time there, one officer gave him a badge and
handcuffs, while another let him borrow a gun. His vehicle also resembled a
state cruiser.

One time, Ed was involved in an accident, which injured his arm. He received a settlement of $15,000 for the said accident, but was pulled out from his duties for a while to recover. Since he had no work to occupy his time, Ed had to shift his attention to something else.

When he noticed that many women took advantage of hitchhiking, Ed bought a car along with tools which he thought were necessary, like a knife, gun, and handcuffs. You can now imagine what sort of past time he had in mind.

At first, Ed entered a training period, where in he picked up girls and let them go. But on May 7, 1972, he began his killing spree.

Mary Ann Pesce and Anita Luchessa, students of Fresno State Collage hitchhiked with Ed. The two-18 year olds accepted Ed’s offer to take them to Stanford University. Ed, didn’t do that, though, for the two students never returned. Their parents had reported them missing, but the police were at a loss as to what happened and where they could be.

That was until August 15, 1972 when a severed female head was discovered in the woods. Upon identification, it turned out to be Mary Ann’s. They didn’t know if Anita, too, was murdered, but they couldn’t find her body.

Unknown to them, Ed had stabbed and strangled one of the victims, while he stabbed the other. When they were dead, he brought the bodies back to his apartment and had sexual contact with them. He also removed their head and hands, but not before taking pornographic pictures. And before finally disposing of their heads near Loma Prieta Mountain, Ed raped them first.

Ed enjoyed the whole ordeal so now he was going to go on a murder spree.

On September 14, 1972, Ed picked up another victim, Aiko Koo. The girl was supposed to ride the bus to her dance lesson, but when she missed it, she hitchhiked. Unfortunately, she picked the wrong guy. While holding a gun to her head, Ed led Aiko to the side of the road where he strangled her to death, of course, he also raped the body before disposing of it.

On January of 1973, Ed picked up Cindy Schall, another hitchhiker. This time, Ed shot her dead, and then took the body and hid it inside his mother’s home-- right in his bedroom. He left it there for a day, before returning the next to severe the body, he then collected the body parts and threw them away in the ocean.

His mother, unaware of his killing escapades, even trusted Ed to be the one to pick her up from the university where she worked. She provided Ed with a campus parking sticker, which he truly used to his advantage.

On February 5, 1973, he had a fight with his mother and after the row, he drove to the university and picked up two female students, Rosalind Thorpe and Alice Liu. Right within the campus, Ed shot the two and kept their bodies in his car.

He drove out the university gates with two corpses, once alone, Ed removed the bullets from their heads and started to severe the body parts. He scattered them in different places, however some of the body parts would be discovered later by innocent hikers.

On April of 1973, Ed killed his last two victims. The first of which was his mother. On Good Friday, the mother and son had another row which led to murder. According to reports, Ed’s mom had gone to a party but he stayed in the house.

When his mom returned, she asked Ed if “he wanted to sit down now and talk.” Ed said “No, goodnight!” After his mother went to sleep, he struck her head with a hammer and then slit her throat with a knife. He also removed her larynx and discarded it in the kitchen disposal. After hiding the body, he went to a local bar where he and his police officer friends used to visit.

It wasn’t clear why, but after Ed returned home, he invited a friend of his mother’s, Sally Hallett. One source said he invited her to dinner and a movie, while the other said that he asked for her help for a surprise party for his mother.

As soon as Sally arrived at the house, he shot her and kept her remains in the closet, Ed spent the night in the house, but the next day, he drove away.

What’s baffling was the fact that Ed turned himself in and called the Santa Cruz police station and admitted to his crimes. His police officer friends were shocked and refused to believe it, but when Ed led them to the evidence, they were forced to accept the truth.

During his trial, Ed showed a deep hatred for his mother. In fact, when he murdered Cindy Schall, he kept her head in the garden, looking up to his mother’s house. It was a joke, according to Ed, because his mother always liked people to look up to her.

Later, when he disposed of his mother’s larynx in the kitchen disposal and it expelled the organ back to the sink, Ed noted that it was “appropriate”, because through the years, she yelled, and bitched, and screamed at him.

Despite his admission, Ed pleaded not guilty by the virtue of insanity. But the judge thought otherwise, when asked what Ed thought his punishment would be, he said “tortured to death”. Since that was unavailable, his verdict was lifetime imprisonment with no chance of parole.

What do you think happened to Ed? Why did he turn himself in? Could it be because he’d finally done what he longed for, which was to kill his mother whom he seemed to blame for everything?

Perhaps, his mother’s best friend was a part of his revenge to her-- because she was an important person in her life? Or maybe, Sally also had her share of mistreatment toward Ed? No interview with Ed is available for reading, but as of today, he’s still a part of the general prisoner population.

Chapter 3 – Family Terminator

Unlike the pervious two serial killers, Anatoly was not beaten during his childhood, but he wasn’t cared for either. He claimed that this neglect sealed his path to murders and violence, thus he became the infamous “Terminator”.

Anatoly was born on July 25, 1959, in Lasky, Zhytomyr Oblast, a province in Ukraine. His father was a celebrated hero from World War II and he had an older brother who was 13 years his senior.

When he was four years old, his father gave him to his grandparents, while keeping his older brother-- a fact that Anatoly hated. When his grandparents were no longer capable of taking care of him, Anatoly was handed over to several orphanages.

This started resentment toward families whom he thought robbed him of his childhood. So, don’t be surprised if the center of his murders were families.


Anatoly’s first murder was a couple who was merely standing near their car. He was driving that time and was already past them when he decided to turn the car back to their position. Without any thought, he shot them to death.

While telling this story, Anatoly conceded that he found no pleasure in killing-- unlike Ed Kemper and Richard Chase. “I just shot them, it gave me no pleasure, but I got the urge,” he said.

He also mentioned that killing became a game from outer space and that corpses were ugly. Once, he killed 5 people and just sat inside his car for two hours because he didn’t know what to do with them. “The smell was unbearable.”

In 1989, Anatoly killed together with his friend, Serhiy Rogozin. The two apparently just met in a local gym, but took an instant liking to each other, probably because of their violent tendencies. Their original idea was to simply steal valuables, but when the owners caught them, they murdered everyone to get rid of witnesses. The family was composed of two adults and 5 youths.

Then, when he parted ways with Serhiy, he chose to kill on his own. And here came the family of 5, after two hours of contemplating what to do with the bodies, he chose to burn them.

At this point, Anatoly’s formula became apparent. He would choose families which lived in a far village, preferably those at the borders (almost near Poland). He would then steal their things, but not before killing the entire family, from the husband to the wife, and lastly to the children.

His method was “brave and brutal”. He usually went barging through the front door and kill the first adult that came at him. He would then rape the women and batter the children before killing them and then he would proceed in taking the valuables such as money and jewelry.

To destroy the evidence, he would set the entire household on fire. Any unfortunate soul that crossed his path would suffer the same demise, so no witnesses came forward.

It was his three-month killing spree in Bratkovichi and Busk that made him the most feared modern serial killer in Ukraine.

By 1996, the police were already alarmed, the number of families turning out dead rose steadily and they still couldn’t find the “Terminator”. The then unknown serial killer showed no mercy-- and later during his capture, he would prove to be truly evil.

He was aware of everything and he chose to perform the murders deliberately. According to Anatoly, he once encountered a young girl by the bed in her home who was praying after she’d seen her parents killed by him.

Anatoly asked her where they hid the money and demanded that she show it to him. The girl looked at him in anger and defiance before answering “No, I won’t.” And that was when he smashed her head in.

No matter how much tactic the police put forth for his capture, Anatoly easily escaped. They did capture someone though-- Yury Mozola, 26 years old, he was accused of performing the murders and when he refused to admit the crimes he didn’t commit, the police tortured him, which eventually led to his death. The police officers who partook in his torture only served a short time in prison.

During this, Anatoly moved in with his cousin Pyotr Oniprienko and his family. When Pyotr saw his stash of weapons, he confronted his cousin about it, but Anatoly only became angry to the point that he threatened Pyotr and his family.

The Terminator left their home and moved in with his girlfriend, Ana in Zhytomyr. Since Pyotr was afraid that Anatoly would keep his word and hurt his family, he talked to the deputy police chief, Sergei Kryukov and told them that he saw a stash of weapons which included a 12-gauge hunting riffle. Sergei Kryukov became interested because the said gun was the same as the one used in one of the murders.

With the knowledge that Anatoly moved in with his girlfriend and her two children, the police created a task force which quickly surrounded the said residence. They knocked on the door and it was Anatoly who answered, thinking that it was just his girlfriend and kids returning from church.

After handcuffing the Terminator, the police searched the apartment and saw a stereo which matched the one reported to be missing from a murdered family’s home. On top of that, they also discovered the other weapons used to kill some families, as well as a ring in possession by his girlfriend, which belonged to a woman Anatoly had also killed.

Upon his arrest, Anatoly refused to have a lawyer, but he was not tried right away, not that the police were not eager to convict him, but because he asked to read the evidences against him first. In Ukraine, the suspect is allowed to read all the proof against him before a trial proceeds.

In Anatoly’s case, his evidence consisted of 99 volumes of photographic confirmations. In no rush to be tried, The Terminator took his time to digest all the photos and reports.

Another thing that delayed the trial was the expenses because the government had to shoulder all the transportation and lodging expenditures of the witnesses. Just imagine how much they had spent for a lot of witnesses (over 400).

When the trial on November 1998 began, Anatoly said that he was driven by a “dark force”, and that he should not be tried unless the police knew where the force was coming from.

But after this, he was silent and refused to make a statement. When he was informed that he could object to the proceedings, he merely replied that “This is your law, I consider myself a hostage.”

Anatoly’s defenders plead “Not Guilty by virtue of insanity”, but the judges did not accept this after the psychiatrists who examined him noted that he was “fit for trial”. His lawyers also asked the judges to consider the time he spent in orphanages as a contributing factor, but the jurors still dismissed it, insisting that his fitness for trial was proof enough that the murders were brought by his violent nature. Through it all, Anatoly looked down on everyone by saying that he regretted nothing of what he did.

During his 4 month trial, Anatoly was placed inside an iron cage in the fear that people would hurt him. Because he messed with villages, the people spat at him and wished for him to suffer a “slow, agonizing death”.

Serhiy Rogozin, Anatoly’s accomplice in one of his massacres, pleaded innocence, but he was found guilty so he was sentenced to spend 13 years in prison.

Anatoly was originally sentenced to die, but since Ukraine was one of the European countries which banned the capital punishment, he was instead sentenced to life imprisonment.

It’s apparent that a psychologist would have a field day should he or she talk to Anatoly. In one of the interviews, he said that he possessed “information that not even the president knew of,” and that for the people it was 52 murders, but for him, it’s the “norm”.

He also showed an extreme case of irony-- for instance, he claimed to “love” the people he killed, that he looked into the children’s eyes and knew that it had to be done. He even said, “I love all people.” But then, in another interview, he said that he wanted death to be his punishment because he had no interest in forming relationships with people.

He also said that the people’s indifference bothered him. He told the reporters that most of his murders were noisy-- the victims were screaming out of fear and pain, but not one person from the neighborhood arrived to help them. “They hid like mice,” Anatoly had the nerve to say.

Another irony Anatoly presented was his meekness during the trial and his talkativeness during media interviews. Most of what he mentioned above was mentioned during his media interviews-- his trials were filled with silence from him. One time, he told the story of his first killing.

It was an innocent deer in the woods, after he shot it dead, he recalled being sad and upset; “I felt sorry for it.” But when he killed people, he felt nothing-- no pleasure, no sadness, no hatred, and no love. He was just indifferent. If you’ll notice, it was highly contradicting from his previous statement when he said that he loved the people he killed.

Creepily enough, Anatoly said that he should be executed, because if they put him in jail, he would escape, and he would do it again, but 10 times worse! “I’m called to serve Satan,” he added.

Anatoly spent his time in prison until he died on August 27, 2014 at the age of 54.

Anatoly remains to be one of the most confusing serial killers in history. It’s not just about his contradicting statements, but also his attitude. It was clear that he was aware of what he was doing, but he seemed hell bent on blaming a stronger force.

And then there was his girlfriend, Ana, who claimed that Anatoly treated her with respect and love. The weird part was, it was during his relationship with Ana that Anatoly performed his most vicious killing escapades. Was he trying to create a family he did not have when he was a child? After all, Anna already had two children and they didn’t seem to be mistreated by Anatoly.

At one point when the judge asked him about his nationality, he answered “None, but according to law enforcement officers, I’m Ukrainian,” Could this signify his hatred for the country? Perhaps, when he was put into orphanages, he perceived that he was a neglected citizen?

Chapter 4 – Evil Since 1891

On June 18, 1891, Carl Panzram was born in a farm in Southern Minnesota. His parents were of German descent, so you could already imagine how hard-working and strict they were.

Since they were immigrants, they had virtually no money, hence they had to work hard from the time they woke up to sundown. He had five brothers and one sister, who, according to Carl were all honest and good-- characteristics he didn’t inherit. He claimed that he was evil since the day he was born, and that the older he got, the meaner he became.

When he turned 7, their father left him, and since then, their already poverty-stricken life became even more difficult. It was during this time that his brothers started to pick on him for the smallest of reasons. In 1903, Carl sneaked into the home of their neighbor and stole whatever his hands could hold, a handgun included.

When his brothers learned of this, they beat him badly, for his crime, he was sent to Minnesota State Training School, a school for juveniles.

The juvenile school was located in Red Wing and back then it had a population of around 300. The ages ranged from 10-20. All of the juveniles were under the mercy of the jailers, who had little to no supervision, which granted them certain ability to abuse.

On October 11, 1903, Carl Panzram entered the school-- his crime was listed as “incorrigibility”, they also noted that his parents were “quarrelsome”. An examiner asked him to strip down as a part of the protocol and then asked Carl about his sexual habits, if he masturbated, or if he committed “fornication and sodomy”. He was also asked if he performed any of those to another person.

Included in the lessons at the school were Christian teachings. When the juveniles exhibited difficulty in understanding, they would be admonished by the jailers. Since Carl came from a poor family and received little formal education, he had vast hardship in reading, which made the attendants beat him.

This started his hatred for the attendants, and for religion which he believed was the cause of his suffering. A plot of revenge formed in his mind that he would injure someone as soon as he could, and as often as he would. “Anyone would do,” he added.

He also said that although he learned almost nothing from the Christian Education, he learned how to be a first-class liar, he learned about beating up people, about killing, and about rape. “I learned that a person’s penis could be used besides urination and the rectum could be used for other purposes.”

In 1905, Carl started a fire in the workshop building and he laid back in his bed laughing, thinking how sweet his revenge was. In the same year, he’d also learned how to project himself in front of the attendants so that they would release him, he claimed that he was “reformed” by the school, that he was a changed man.

If they only knew what “reform” he was exactly talking about, they would never have released him, he said that at that point, his mind was completely made-- he would live to destroy, to burn, to rob, and to kill.

When his mother picked him up to come home, she didn’t make an effort to rescue Carl from his dark shell, she had a lot of things on her mind after one of her other sons died due to drowning, she didn’t have ‘time’ to straighten an unruly boy.

Back on the farm, he convinced his mother to send him to another school, which she agreed to. In that school, Carl didn’t get along with a teacher who beat him up most of the time. He then secured a handgun and brought it to school, intent on killing the teacher in front of the class.

It failed though, when the gun dropped from his pants. Busted, he was thrown out of the school and back to the farm. Not keen on spending his life in fruitless farm labor, he rode a train and left Minnesota forever.

Since then, Carl lived the life of a beggar. He became a part of the mobile population who traveled with no direction. When no one took pity, he did his best to steal food and money. He learned how to avoid the police for he believed them to be dangerous.

When Carl reached West of Montana, he met four men who offered to buy him food and new clothes-- on one condition-- that he’d have sex with them. When Carl struggled, they gang raped him. Carl recalled that he begged and pleaded for mercy and pity, but the men heeded none of his cries.

Carl lived, but whatever positive emotion left in him evaporated due to the event. He was once again placed in the Minnesota Training School (but this time, the one located in Miles City) in 1906 due to burglary. In there, he decided to become sterner. One particular guard made him miserable, so he killed him with a wooden plank.

For his crime, he received a lot of beatings, Carl knew that he would not be released anytime soon, and since he no longer wanted to stay in there, he escaped with another juvenile, Jimmie Benson.

Carl taught Jimmie how to “live”-- he gave him instructions on how to set fire after they ransacked a place. Carl’s favorite past time was to steal in churches before setting them alight. This sprung from his hatred of Christianity during his time in Red Wing. In one interview, Carl admitted that he loved Jesus naturally, “I love Him so damn much I would like to crucify Him all over again!”

After one month, Jimmie and Carl parted ways, each owned a gun and $100 they had stolen. Carl went to North Dakota, bearing a different name: Jefferson Baldwin. In 1907, Carl reached Helena, Montana where law enforcement was scarce and seeing people with pistols in their pocket was normal.

In a bar, while drinking, Carl heard a man recruit members for the US army. Since he was just 16 years old that time, he lied about his age to be enlisted.

It was not clear why Carl wanted to enter the army, for when he was accepted, he did nothing there but cause trouble. In the boot camp in Port William Henry Harrison, Carl joined Company A in the 6th Infantry. He was often reprimanded for his lack of work ethics, was often drunk, and had committed countless petty crimes.

The last straw was in 1908 when he broke into a quarters, stole $88, and attempted to go AWOL. When he was caught, he faced a court marshal in front of 9 officers. His sentence was to be released from army duties with no payment or benefits. He also needed to serve 3 years of labor in a place designated by the tribunal, in Carl’s case as well as the other military prisoners, that place was Fort Leavenworth.

In the 1000 mile trip, the military prisoners were provided with no food or water. They were also shackled and armed guards were watching them.

Finally, on May of 1908, Carl Panzram entered the Fort Leavenworth Penitentiary. Here, escape seemed impossible, the structure was surrounded by a 40-foot concrete wall and it extended 20-foot underground. The lands surrounding the fortress were barren. Carl endured the treatment for adults-- remember that the authorities didn’t know that he was just 16 years old, so all the rules applied to him as well.

Prisoners were not allowed to speak unless they were spoken to, if one disobeyed this rule, he would be whipped on top of being thrown into solitary confinement. Worse than the condition in the Montana State Training School, Carl was anxious to escape, “But luck was against me.” However, he was successful in setting one of the workshops on fire, costing the government a damage bill amounting to $100,000. He soon gained the reputation that he was nothing but trouble.

As a punishment for the arson, Carl had to wear a ball and chain which weighed 50 pounds. He had to move and work with it, anywhere he went, even in his task which was to break rocks. Unknown to the guards, Carl was building strength-- the thought of freedom was always on his mind.

Finally, after 3 years, Carl was released. He stepped out of the penitentiary with a clear vision of not going back there ever again. Free, but directionless, Carl’s future was very unclear. He had no experience in any job except in the farm where he was raised, he had no friends, and certainly had no love interest.

He hopped from one state to another, from Texas to California. He went looking for jobs, and when he found none, he survived on stealing, learned how to use guns expertly and he started raping men.

He admitted that at first, he had no “criteria” in mind as to who his next rape victim would be- young, old, black, white, tall and short-- he saw no difference. For him, they were all human beings.

The years leading to his serial murders were filled with arrests, rapes, stealing, and guns. Carl also went by two other names, Jefferson Davis and Jack Allen.


When he reached New Haven, Connecticut, he found the place perfect for him. The place was busy, with a lot of people. More people meant more money and more victims. He once robbed the home of William Howard Taft-- he took bonds and jewelry and when he sold what he stole, he bought the yacht, “Akista”.

He used this yacht to commit his very first murders. After anchoring the yacht at the City Island at Coral Street, he asked one or two sailors to work for him in the pretext that he needed a deckhand. By that time, he was using a different name, Jack O’Leary.

He would rape the unfortunate sailors before killing them with his stolen gun. After that he would tie a heavy rock on their body before throwing them in the sea in Long Island South, particularly near Execution Light. Before Akista was destroyed from a hit while sailing, Carl Panzram was able to kill 10 people.

With Akista indisposed, and the fact that people were already getting suspicious of the mysterious Captain O’Leary, Carl opted to change his target location. After being arrested yet again from stealing, he escaped prison and hopped onto a ship going to Africa, more specifically in Angola, where he was accepted in a job as a foreman in an oil company.

When he reached Luanda, a small town, he raped an 11 (or 12) year old boy before shooting him in the head. “His brain was oozing out of his ear when I left him,” Carl recalled.

He then went to a fishing village and hired 6 native men to help him hunt for crocodiles. After hunting, the 6 men requested to have a cut from his profit, but instead of granting that, he shot them in the back before he shot them again in the head.

All six dead men were fed to the hungry crocodiles they caught. After that massacre, Carl was adamant to get away because he knew that a lot of people saw him when he hired the 6 men-- they would be suspicious if he’d return alone.

By this time, the police were already on alert, he had to change his name regularly and had to move from one place to the next. When he returned to the US, he renewed his Captain’s license. Although Akita was long destroyed, he planned to look for a yacht that resembled his, and then steal it. He arrived in Salem, Massachusetts, but instead of a boat, he found a 12 year old boy, George Henry McMahon walking alone.

On July 18, 1922, 12 year old George was asked by restaurant owner, Mrs. Margaret Lyons, to run an errand. At 2:15 in the afternoon, Margaret asked George to buy milk, one hour later he still had not returned, but several witnesses saw him walking with a stranger.

Unknown to them, Carl was planning his sodomy and murder and that was what he did. He raped George 6 times before smashing his head with a rock. After covering his remains with tree branches, Carl went on his way. Some people saw him leaving frantically, but of course, they thought nothing of it.

6 more years and Carl was still at large until he was arrested again for burglary in Washington D.C. In jail, he was befriended by a prison guard named Henry Lesser, who took pity on the man who seemed to be everyone’s enemy and gave Carl extra food and a dollar to buy cigarettes.

A man who was accustomed to a lifetime of neglect and violence appreciated this effort in a very big way, that when Henry provided him with pen and paper, Carl wrote down his life, including the murders he had committed.

After this, the rest was history. He admitted to every crime he committed. He was violent, still, threatening those who testified against him, but he made no effort in defending himself, aside from what he had written in his autobiography that his personality was not his own making-- society had shaped him.

In Fort Leavenworth where he swore never to return again, Carl set foot once more. He was isolated from the others, tasked with the laundry so he was alone. But still, he committed his last murder to a civilian employee named Warnke.

For all his murders, including that of Warnked, Carl was sentenced to die through hanging, on September 5, 1930, Carl Pranzam who experienced nothing but grief, neglect, and violence, died.

It was ironic, that a small act of kindness from Henry Lesser’s part brought all Carl’s crimes to light. Even then, he didn’t blame Henry for this. In fact, during his stay in Fort Leavenworth, they continued to communicate through letters. The written accounts of Carl Panzram were published in a book entitled Killer: A Journal of Murder.


Thank you again for downloading this book!

Shaping a child is a hard task, but parents, guardians, schools, and the entire community should care. Neglect and violence seem to be very different, but both could harvest the same results.

The serial killers we have discussed here all had a terrible childhood, in your neighborhood, do you know a family who’s raising a soon-to-be serial killer?

I hope you enjoyed this book, thank you and good luck!

Check Out My Other Books

Below you’ll find some of my other popular books that are popular on Amazon and Kindle as well. You can visit my author page on Amazon to see other work done by me. (Jason Keeler).

Murder Mysteries

Missing Persons

True Ghost Stories

Cannibal Killers

Unexplained Disappearances

Cannibal Killers – Volume 2

Unexplained Disappearances – Volume 2

True Ghost Stories – Volume 2

Serial Killers

If the links do not work, for whatever reason, you can simply search for these titles on the Amazon website with my name to find them.


Want more books?



Would you love books delivered straight to your inbox every week?




How about non-fiction books on all kinds of subjects?


We send out e-books to our loyal subscribers every week to download and enjoy!


All you have to do is join! It’s so easy!


Just visit the link below to sign up and then wait for your books to arrive!






Enjoy :)

Serial Killers: True Murder Stories And Murder Mysteries Of Some Of The Most Vic

True Murder Stories And Murder Mysteries Of Some Of The Most Vicious Serial Killers Of All Time... ===>>> Get Your FREE GIFTS with this Book! Scroll Up and Download Now!

  • Author: T L
  • Published: 2016-07-01 04:20:33
  • Words: 9234
Serial Killers: True Murder Stories And Murder Mysteries Of Some Of The Most Vic Serial Killers: True Murder Stories And Murder Mysteries Of Some Of The Most Vic