Ben Jozef[

Copyright 2016

Shakespir Edition, License Notes

This ebook is licensed for your personal enjoyment only. This ebook may not be re-sold or given away to other people. If you would like to share this book with another person, please purchase an additional copy for each recipient. If you’re reading this book and did not purchase it, or it was not purchased for your use only, then please return to Shakespir.com and purchase your own copy. Thank you for respecting the hard work of this author.

All rights reserved. No part of this book may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system or transmitted by any means without written permission by the author.


This book is dedicated to all those people who supported and encouraged my wife and I when we needed it the most. My prayer is that this book may inspire all who want to make a difference wherever they are and in whichever circumstances they may find themselves in.

May we all be overcomers and find healing for our souls and meaning for our lives.


Over a period of time several people encouraged me to write a book about my life. Once I had mustered the motivation needed to start collecting resource material, a whole ‘new world’ opened up in front of me that I could never have thought of existed, some of its well hidden secrets were laid bare.

The surprises I had while writing this book over the last six years were the amazing dreams I had. I have included them at the end of the book, as I do believe they have a purpose.

What I unearthed as I started researching past the surface and dug deeper was how the jigsaw pieces were fitting together giving the bigger picture of what lies ahead. For some, these discoveries may come as an eye-opener; others may already know what they are. It was not possible for me to go more in-depth into all the areas that I would have liked to.

In an attempt to conceal my own identity, I have not revealed much in the way of place names etc. Naturally the names of other people have been changed to protect their identity, but not the names and the actions of well-known people who have made public statements. The first part of this book has been written from my personal perspective only, the latter half from material studied during my life.

The aim of writing this book has been to share my experiences and my research as part of my life story, with the purpose of bringing the works of darkness to light. To share those experiences in this book wasn’t easy, but I’ve done it so that those at a loss to understand the systems of the world can make sense of what is or has been happening around them or their loved ones. And to those who have trusted in the system only to find it has actually worked against them that they may gain some understanding of how and why it operates like it does. What I have discovered has motivated me to want to share it with others, hence this book.

For me, the bonus of writing this book was first of all therapeutic as it has allowed me to understand the overall picture. Secondly, it has helped me to get more perspective and make sense of what happened not only to me but happens on a daily basis to countless others. To them, I say, “Hang in there, there is light at the end of the tunnel.”

The hours of editing to make the book flow and succour of my lovely wife, Rachel, was instrumental in bringing this book to life.

“In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”


“There is not a truth existing which I fear, or which I would not want known to the whole world.”


“The only new thing in this world is the history you don’t know.”






























































This is my first book. In this book my upbringing and life’s journey are shared first. The path that my life took opened my eyes to the deep seated secrets that are happening around us.

The aim of the book is to bring some of these hidden matters to light by going back into history to understand to see how they started, what their aim is and how that affects us all.

As I youngster I grew up nurtured in a loving, protective family. After the evening meal, my father would lead us in Scripture reading and singing.

At a young age I was exposed to politics. I learned to read newspapers to see if I could find what the agenda behind certain articles might be. Often it came to light that whatever it was that had been implemented, was either very good for all the people or was only very good for the one/s with an invested interest and not for the rest.

As an adult, to discover the degree of corruption going on, left me shocked and determined to expose it. Thankfully, my carefree childhood memories gave me a sense of security and belonging; a sense of what is right and what is wrong; a foundation to know what is appropriate and what is not; and unbeknown to me, hope, in order to cope with what was awaiting my adulthood.

My challenge in life has been to find my purpose in this multifaceted world into which I was born. I was to encounter what I experienced as major hardships that I had to try to make sense of. I learned that obstacles in life are there to help form our character, to urge us to overcome and not be overcome by them. Upon saying that, we do still need to process what is going on, but in the end, how we deal with ‘our portion’ is usually what makes the difference. Not necessarily to the outcome, but to whom we become.

The main things that have helped me the most were firstly, finding out that my Creator’s name has been revealed and the answers to my needs are in the wisdom of the perfect laws of Scripture, which have been written as instructions for us on how we should live. Secondly, because I wanted my life to be meaningful in an environment of radically differing beliefs and ideas, helping to make a positive difference in other people’s lives, in the capacity that I could, while going through my own struggles has always helped me to keep things in perspective, and still does. Many were and are much worse off than myself. Thirdly, was remarrying someone who had been like ‘handpicked’ for me.

Once I started to help others, I noticed patterns emerging of systems being implemented on people and the outcome/s they achieved. Having experienced injustices and by listening to others, the penny dropped when I came across and read the work of certain authors. I now became aware there were also ‘secret’ agendas operating and that there is a governing society of people pulling the strings of the established New World Order. They use the face of government departments worldwide, they experiment on humanity, use widespread oppression, use the secrecy of some of the courts, use pharmaceutical industries to create health problems for some people, use very large corporations and also the media sometimes blatantly, sometimes with subliminal messages they manipulate many people to think a certain way without them realising they are being influenced and the list goes on.

Very anti-scriptural methods are used in systems designed to manipulate and gain total control. As the saying goes, ‘the Devil works in the dark’.

There is also positive encouragement that will also be discussed in this book.


As a child the rain always brought me comfort. Maybe it was the blanket of clouds in the sky giving me that snuggled feeling. The wind was equally reassuring. It was as if there was life in the wind whizzing through trees and reaching wherever it wanted to go. For me it was a sign of a Creator’s presence experienced through nature.

Having come from a stable home with loving protective parents, I have many memorable childhood experiences. As a five year old I vividly remember my first day at school. The memory remains of a sudden change of a known and safe environment at home to a regimented system. I was suddenly in a great big world. What would be the meaning of my life?

My mum was excellent in teaching us to actively participate in games. Game playing was a way we were taught many skills and lessons in a fun way which stimulated our brains from an early age.

When I was born my parent’s lived in a new neighbourhood. There were many empty sections around us, providing us with unlimited playground ideas. Along with other children from the neighbourhood we built ourselves huts in the long grass and in our own childish ways founded ‘formal clubs’, where we selected our members after a “strict” approval process. In the end everybody was accepted anyway as there were only four of us in our age group!

Our backyard was a three quarter acre section with fruit trees, chicken coops and massively dense acacia trees stood outstandingly on two sides of the of the section’s boundary. Bernard, my brother just older than me was always an instant playmate. My brother Harry, already a teenager, while Bernard and I were still only in our early primary school years, built a flying fox from one of the trees to the washing line. It was made out of wire and a short steel pipe. First we had to climb up the tree, grab the steel pipe with both hands and then jump out of the tree. We would glide down about 15 meters further to end up on the lawn. After Harry left home and as Bernard and I grew older we built our own tree huts.

My father loved anything with feathers and my love for feathered friends grew out of that. Harry bought me a pair of tumbling pigeons that gave me endless pleasure. The pigeons would fly higher and higher until they became like specks in the sky. I would lie on my back on the lawn just watching them. The highlight was when they started their acrobatic backward tumbling. Sometimes I would get that ‘stomach in the throat’ feeling when it seemed that they couldn’t get out of their tumbling motion, but they knew when to stop their plummeting somersaulting display.

Next I acquired homing pigeons. It was truly gripping to watch them as a whole group ascending up into the blue sky then coming back and diving down into the coop. It was fascinating with a hawk in the sky. They would fly higher than the hawk that was unable to use height to swoop down on them, playing cat and mouse; the mice being the pigeons the cat being the hawk.

Bantams were also acquired and hand fed to tame them. That led to some humorous incidents. One of them was when the rooster was checking out suitable nesting places for his hen. The rooster and hen took their opportunity when somebody had left the backdoor open. The rooster marched into the house with the hen following closely on his heels. The rooster decided to check out the laundry room and found a big empty washing basket. The rooster promptly jumped into the basket and with encouraging noises convinced the hen that he had found the perfect nesting spot!

In the back yard, under a loquat tree, we had a table and four white chairs made out of criss-crossing metal wires. In the summer we would sometimes have our lunch there in the shade. The chickens would hang around and pick up scraps from under the table dropped by accident, or purposely! One plucky hen gave us a surprise when she suddenly flew onto the table and proceeded to help herself to some of the rice in the bowl! That gave us all a good laugh.

Highlights of my growing up years were definitely the holiday stays on my uncle and aunt’s farm. My best memories were the experiences and incidences that took place in the outdoor lifestyle.

One summer my cousin Tracey decided that we should go and ride donkeys. The first problem was that the donkeys had never been ridden before. The second problem was that we did not have a saddle or bridle! My cousin was not put off by such so-called minor obstacles and proceeded to get hold of one of the donkeys with a rope. We jumped up onto the donkey, but the donkey was not eager to move. After a bit of prodding the donkey decided that it had had enough of us and started to take off at great speed. He took a sharp corner while making his back like a camel and at the same time kicking with his back legs. My cousin came off first and landed on a gravel-road, right behind her, I had a softer impact as I landed on top of her. I still remember her moaning that she was dying. After realising that we hadn’t broken anything, courage prevailed and we mounted the donkey again!

Tracey’s stallion Zana was not keen to leave the stables for a ride. Nevertheless, with coaxing and encouragement, we managed to convince him to go. However when it was time to go home there was no way of stopping him. It seemed to me like he was flying over the fields, then with full speed and aiming for the gate in front of the stables he slammed on his brakes, teaching me quickly to throw my weight backwards in the saddle; it stopped me from flying over the gate!

Graduating from farm donkeys and horses Tracey taught me how to drive the farm utility vehicle. The Ute itself was a bit like the farm roads, full of dents and knobs but still fully useable and roadworthy. In the Ute I practised sliding on the gravel and keeping control around corners. We also used the Ute to go and visit people in the vicinity. I remember a nearly not-so funny incident when my aunt was going somewhere with the Ute and four of us teenagers were on the deck. Bernard, my brother, was standing up at the back, thumping onto his chest shouting out that he was Tarzan. My aunt unaware of him standing up on the Ute deck started to drive off, suddenly Bernard disappeared over the edge with only his legs still hooked on. Thankful he wasn’t injured at all, he only suffered a dent in his pride!

From the farm sometimes we would go to a neighbouring town and meet up with my cousin’s friends and ride their mini motorcycles. As there were only two bikes we took turns at having a go. Sometimes two of us on one bike, usually it was me on the back, hanging on for dear life. The others rode because they knew all the little pathways through which to zoom.

Another highlight was learning to water-ski at a local lake close to the farm. At one point when it was my turn to ski again, I did a few rounds then the driver of the boat signalled for me to let go of the rope as we approached the side of the lake. I didn’t understand his signal; I thought he meant that I was supposed to ski more towards the outside of the boat. He decided to go faster and faster until I lost my grip and let go of the ski rope, but I just clung on, as long as I could, giving everyone a good laugh at my expense!

The farm’s dam water was dark green; one couldn’t see the bottom of the dam due to the slimy algae in the water. On a hot day Tracey organised some friends to go for a swim. It was my first time there. As I pushed away the slimy algae, my thoughts turned to the possibility of stepping onto a big frog in the water, but soon my attention was captivated by the dragon-flies, like miniature helicopters they flew very low over the water. I was very aware of where they were, especially after I was told they could sting!

Evenings of sharing family stories were a favourite. I still retell this one as though I was there. It involved my mum and her brothers and sisters when they were children, their pet lamb and my grandmother. As the lovely family pet lamb grew it wasn’t long before it was a bold feisty ram. One day my grandmother was outside and my mum and her siblings heard my grandmother calling out to them, “Hurry! Open the back door!” When they got to the door they all started to laugh. The ram was chasing my grandmother and every time she tried to open the door the ram was behind her and she had to abandon her attempt to open the door and so ran around the house to have another attempt on the next round. Instead of the children opening the door, they were in stitches, laughing on the inside seeing my grandmother running with the ram in close pursuit. When my grandmother eventually got into the house the scenario changed to the children running, and my grandmother in close pursuit of them!


Spiritual experiences as a child have had a long-lasting impact upon my life. I accepted the existence of a Creator from early on in my life.

One evening, when I was about four years of age, I stubbornly declared that I was not going to pray. A battle of the wills persisted between my mum and I. She enlisted the help of my eldest brother Andrew as encouraging reinforcement, I was promptly encouraged to go and pray! Now, today I am so thankful for the discipline of prayer that was instilled in me as it has become a lifeline to my Creator.

When I was around five years of age, I believe what I experienced was an outworking of His presence. One day I was following behind my parents as they were walking down a pathway in front of a building. People were still sitting in parked cars in the car park waiting to go in. All of a sudden a wave of intense joyous emotion engulfed me. It was if I couldn’t control myself, everything around me appeared beautiful and lovely. I felt like waving to the people sitting in their cars. It was as if love had overfilled me to the brim and I just wanted to share it with the people. That lasted for seconds and left me the same way as it came. This experience helped me later in life to reassure me of The Creator.


Having a natural curiosity caused me to ask many questions, and a sincerity of ‘wanting to know’ has led my life into many trying and sometimes amazing experiences. I’ve discovered that truth and straight questions do not always go down well when there are also vested interests or agendas at stake. For me, the quest for truth has not gone away.

Tough experiences have chiselled my character and tested my perseverance. One of these experiences was a school camp when I was a teenager. The camp was for seven days in a paradise-like setting. I was looking forward to this camp as it sounded like it was going to be a lot of adventure.

Until we arrived there…! The camp had its own staff and schools had permission to use the facility. The camp’s ‘commander’ was a nature reserve warden. I experienced him as being in more like being in charge of a survival camp. To me, it felt as though our year group were intruders in this perfect paradise.

Survival camp it turned out to be indeed! When it came to meal times, they had made a massive miscalculation with the food. They thought 120 people would be coming, not the 180 that arrived. If you didn’t have money, you were kind of guaranteed to be on a quick slimming session for the week!

The only shop at the reserve had no competition and sold packet food snacks and also drinks at inflated prices! On the third night of camp, some very hungry students broke into the shop taking whatever they could. The next day nobody owned up or told on them.

Naturally, staying warm was important as the cold of winter was setting in. At the issuing of tents, the commander decided that we needed to get closer to nature and camp in the rain. Now that sounded like heaven to me, what could be better than to hear the rain coming down while snugly tucked up in a warm sleeping bag?

During the deep of the night we certainly got close to nature; albeit much closer that we would have liked. The tents were not supplied with the outer fly to cover them, which meant they were not waterproof. The first challenge we had was to position ourselves to miss the drips leaking through the roof like a sieve. The next was to try and keep the sleeping bag dry as the water accumulated on the tent floor. A hot fire the following day helped to bring life back into our cold, wet and tired bodies.

Going home never felt so good, I survived the camp, but not without consequences. I developed a high fever and a severe infection. My body took a real pounding and several months to recover. It was an experience that taught me to keep going when life is tough. I learned that when it comes to survival, people can change and take different measures regardless of those around them. I remembered this lesson when I was in another situation in my adulthood.


Like a flower of the field, life can be so fragile. Four times I experienced how my life could have been taken within seconds.

My first experience of how fragile life can be was when I was a teenager mowing the lawn for my father. Nearly finished with the job I was becoming very apprehensive of the dark clouds that were by now looming just above our home. I thought, if only I could just finish the last bit before the storm cracks. It was quite typical of the area. The storm clouds threatened and announced their presence with claps of thunder and flashes of lightning.

My parent’s section was separated from the neighbour’s section by a wall of concrete slabs fitted vertically between concrete posts. The slabs were reinforced with metal. I was only mowing about three meters away from the concrete wall. In an instant, the deafening thunder clapped, the lightning struck, heavily filling the air with the smell of sulphur, narrowly missing me and taking out the bottom concrete slab exposing the metal in it. Frozen by fright, I stood, wondering if I too had been hit. Thankfully it was only a close encounter with the power of nature. I very quickly developed a healthy respect for lightning.

The second experience was when I was travelling along a double lane highway in a light utility vehicle, I was coming up to the crest of a hill and in front of me was a big truck. I put my indicator light on and proceeded into the passing lane to overtake. The driver also indicated, and then suddenly he was moving into the fast lane right in front of me. The gap closing to less than a meter between us, I needed to make a split second decision as he was moving much slower than me. Opting not to land under the truck, I immediately veered back to the slow lane. A huge shock awaited me there too; in front of me was now another truck, only it was stationary! It had stopped right in the middle of the slow lane! Realizing I was in a deadly situation, I couldn’t go back to the fast lane as the other truck was now next to me blocking me from that lane and I couldn’t go forward as the stationary truck was in that lane and right in front of me. I took the last option and steered the Ute off the road and onto the wayside. With no time to study the landscape for the best route, the challenge was now just to stay in control of my vehicle still travelling at its highway speed hopping and darting like a rabbit over the rough surfaces.

The seatbelt held me in place as I tested its limits. The force of hitting the bumps bounced my body and hair just short of the vehicle roof. My hands clutched the steering wheel like a mountaineer holding onto a narrow cliff. The vehicle slowly lost its momentum and the violent dancing around became more controllable.

Thankfully my earlier driving lessons on the farm roads prepared me well for this experience. Shaken, and uninjured with no damage to the vehicle, I was able to steer the Ute back onto the highway. As I drove along I appreciated the bright sunshiny day and watching the long yellow grass wave carelessly in the wind.

The third time was when Tracey, who has been married in the meantime to Dieter, organised a bushwalk for us in the vicinity of a high mountain range. Mary and I were also invited and we were in our twenties, active and fit.

The plan was that we were going to walk for a day and then sleep over at night in a hut which was on the route. We parked our vehicle and with our backpacks on we bravely took on the walk. We had everything in the backpacks, including a tent. It was spring with flowers and new leaves everywhere. We walked passed a waterfall that came out between the cliffs. As the water hit the rocks down below, a mist ascended upwards. The route slowly took us higher and higher. The view was spectacular and we could see in the far distance. A river was visible as it flowed around bends in the valley to end up in a deep blue lake.

The route took us to a massive vertical cliff face. The track ended at the cliff face and a steel ladder was a hint that the route was now going straight up! The ladder was not attached all the way to the cliff face only the end of the ladder was nailed into a rock on top of the cliff face. Our heavy backpacks were pulling us backwards and we had to concentrate not to miss any of the ladder steps. After a good climb we thought we have mastered the most arduous part of the route and that we would encounter a nice flat bit of track. We were surprised to end up on a small ledge area and in front of us where an even more daunting vertical cliff face with a second steel ladder that were waiting for us!

At that stage it was already late afternoon and we realised if we turned around now, that the dark most probably will overtake us before we reach the car. Courageously we took on the second ladder. After a steep climb we arrived on top of the mountain. The steel ladder was attached to a sloped rock.

By this time the sunlight was fading fast and we were anxious to reach the hut. The track on the top of the mountain was narrow and not well marked. As if we hadn’t had enough challenges it also started to snow! First it was light snow, but it increased with the temperature falling fast. The snow had now covered the track and we had no clue which way to go anymore.

We decided to set up camp just where we were. We quickly assembled the tent, put on all our clothes and got into our sleeping bags. As if the snow and cold was not enough to content with, the wind also started to come up. I started to realise why there were no trees on top of the mountain as the wind was really starting to get fierce. It increased to such intensity that out tent pegs were popped out one after the other out of the ground. It was now only out weight that kept the tent in place. The roof of the tent was wet and cold and touched our faces as the wind blew it on top of us.

It was a long night with lots of prayers and not any sleep! Come daylight the snow and wind have subsided. The water bottle that we had with us inside the tent was all frozen hard. As we got up we had a look around where our tent was pitched up. We realised with a shock that we camped two metres away from a straight drop! If we would have walked further the previous evening we could have easily fallen down the deep crevice! The wind could have easily blown us over the edge during the night!

Our eagerness for adventure was been slightly dented and we decided to return home. We packed our tent and with our backpacks on we returned to where the steel ladder was awaiting us. The next challenge awaited us. The area where the ladder was fastened to the rock had some water on it and that was now frozen over the rock. To get your feet onto the ladder meant that you have to manoeuvre yourselves over a very slippery rock and hope you don’t miss the top of the ladder as that would meant going over the cliff.

Two options remained: Stay on top of the mountain and hope somebody will rescue us or go down the ladder and hope we don’t miss the ladder and tumble down the cliff. The prospects of possibly staying another night on top of the mountain did not seem too attractive for us and we opted for the second option. We helped each other to reach the top of the ladder and in thankfulness we all made it.

The next challenge awaited us. The steel ladder was freezing cold and our hands become so cold we couldn’t feel it anymore. The backpacks were pulling us backwards away from the ladder and our hands hold on for dear life. We moved slowly down as we couldn’t afford to make one mistake.

After successfully descending the top ladder, we arrived at the ledge where we rested and gave our hands time to defrost before attempting the last ladder. We again achieved our goal and descended the last ladder without any incident.

What a surprise to see the waterfall that we passed on the track up into the mountain. The mist and water were all gone. The whole of the waterfall was frozen and it was a white wonder world. It looked like it froze in an instant as even the water that was falling down was frozen, much like stalactites that hangs from the roof of caves.

Thankfully we arrived at our vehicle without any injuries.

The fourth time was when I was visiting a coastal enclave with my first wife, Mary and our young children.

At that stage I was unaware of the danger of rips and how to deal with them as I hadn’t grown up on the coast. The oldest two children were on floating devices close to the beach while Mary and I were holding onto their floating devices. There were quite a number people in the water, but no lifesavers on duty.

As we were focusing on the children we didn’t notice we were gradually drifting out into the open ocean. It was only when I looked around us and saw that there was only one surfer in the vicinity with other swimmers in the distance towards the beach.

Instinct kicked in as I realised the grave danger we were in. I immediately encouraged Mary to start paddling back to shore. In the cold water she got quite exhausted and didn’t have the energy to swim anymore, only enough strength to hold onto the floating device.

That was really scary, as suddenly I had to take responsibility for three people’s survival as well as my own. I had to now swim, and push her along, while with the other hand I still had to hold onto one of the floating devices. The children were quiet, maybe sensing that we were in deep trouble. It took us 45 minutes to reach the shore, exhausted but thankful that we all came out alive. The Higher Hand gave me enough strength to bring my family back to safety.


My parents encouraged me to achieve academically because I had the potential to do so and said I would be able to secure an adequate income one day when I had my own family. Before leaving secondary school they organized for me to sit some career tests. These took into consideration my skills and knowledge, interests and abilities then recommended careers in the fields that would suit me best.

I decided to study further at tertiary level. However, midway through the course I had to study through all my weekends and the holidays just to be able to get through the sheer volume of work. The time to prepare for tests and exams was short and the stress was taxing. Many fellow students changed their minds about the course and opted to do something different. I questioned the reasons for making the course so tough. I struggled with thoughts of maybe giving up, but I decided not to. I felt if I gave up this time that I might also give up in the future if there pressure is on me. Unbeknown to me more and bigger obstacles did lie ahead in the future!

In the latter half of my final year of study I developed a mysterious sickness. The joints in my arms and legs became swollen and it was painful to even walk. I thought that I wouldn’t be able to finish the year out and wondered if it may be something long term. Then, as mysteriously as the affliction started, so it went away, with no permanent harm. Again with much hard work and perseverance, I caught up with the workload that I was behind in and finished my studies in time.

Studying at tertiary level was also my first experience of being forced to study an opposing worldview. As students, we were forced to attend lectures in Evolution. If we did not attend the lectures on Evolution we would be disqualified from taking part in the end of year exams which meant failing that year’s course despite gaining average or higher marks throughout the year. I questioned that if evolution is so logical why are students forced to attend those classes while attendances of other lecture subjects are not enforced?


As with many families there are some things that are not discussed with every member. Between my siblings were large age group differences. Being the youngest, my family did it to try to protect me. I was therefore normally the last to find out about matters, if at all. As I became a young adult, some of the family decided to let some of the skeletons out of the closet. My older brother Harry had, in some of my family member’s eyes, made some very bad choices that they thought had tainted our whole family’s name.

In hindsight I realized that most of my immediate and extended family had no answers on how to deal with Harry’s situation. Some of my siblings decided that ostracizing him was the answer. Not knowing how to process the situation, sadly, I too followed their example initially.

My parents stood with Harry, my mother in particular stood out as a role-model; at times I could see my father was quite perplexed about some of the issues. As I matured, I admired my parents for their stand.

Going through my own downpours and trials of life, I started to change my view about Harry. Our contact increased, I started to empathise with him and I shared my own disappointments and errors. With time trust developed, and I earned the right to speak into his life. I repeated messages of affirmation and encouragement, and the perspective from which I saw matters.

At the stage that I became involved with Harry, his situation was dire. I had no idea as to how to handle his situation. I beseeched the Creator for answers. The answer I got left me speechless. I trusted the answer and followed the path that I was led on.

The pain of my own brokenness helped me to gain insight and to have compassion with Harry’s situation and with the family. He told me, all that he wanted was to hear my father say to him, “I love you”. He had never heard those words from my father’s mouth; it was a pressing emotional need.

My father was brought up in an era where it was not a manly thing to show those emotions. The thought of that time is that a man should not cry and show emotions. I explained to my father that by just saying those few words, “I love you”, could bring healing to Harry. My father answered, but Harry knows that I love him and I don’t need to say it. I tried to reason with my father but then I realized that it wasn’t easy for my father to show these emotions and that it was even more difficult to say.

A new plan of action was needed to break down the barriers. It would not yield fruit immediately, it would take love and it would take time. I realized that the initiative had to come from me. Whenever I saw my father I would give him and my mother a hug and say to them, “I love you”. After some time my father said that he loved me too! That was the break through that I was hoping for as I realized that he would now be able to say that to Harry too. It took time but the desired result was achieved.

My Dad affirmed Harry and Harry responded positively. Breakthrough began. I could see that my father had gained a deeper understanding as their relationship grew and blossomed. A strong relationship grew between my parents and Harry. Harry has been living with my aged parents as their primary caregiver, until my father passed away in his nineties, he now looks after our mother. Harry put the past behind him and moving forward and has been able to show real honour to our parents.


After finishing my studies I started work for the government. Later an opening was available in a cosmopolitan work environment. My first exposure of working together with people from all different cultural backgrounds gave me a good grounding of the obstacles, oppression and dreams of people.

After years of working in the city, life became unstable which motivated a move to the countryside.


In my younger days I was actively involved with youth, like organizing camps and activities. I really enjoyed leading and participating in games and events. Working with young people gave me a buzz and I still have fond memories of those times.

A girl, Mary, attended our youth group. As I got to know her I found out that she was in difficult circumstances where she was staying. She did not have the finances to support herself to move away from the situation and her family was not that well off. I felt sorry for her and asked my parents if they would take her in as she had at that time also been through a traumatic experience. My parents kindly took her in for a long period of time without anything in return.

Mary and I got married. I wouldn’t say that I was madly in love but I did think that we could be a match if we worked at it. I was warned to pray before we got married if we were right for each other. I didn’t take the request seriously and paid a dear price (literally and figuratively) for that in years to come. I didn’t acknowledge the Creator in this, one of life’s most important decisions about who I should choose to commit the rest of my life with.


For me the expectation of becoming a dad for the first time was an ‘over the moon’ experience. When Mary was pregnant with Jack, it was exhilarating to see the progress of his development shown during every sonar exam. Feeling the baby’s kicks with my hand resting on the womb, I also jumped with excitement. I was there when Jack was born and I was the first person to hold him when he was born, it brought tears to my eyes. It was wonderful to share the news of new life with family and friends.

Jack’s birth was not without complications as Jack was born prematurely and needed to be put in an oxygen tank. It was difficult during visiting times to see other parents holding their babies and we could only look at ours through the incubator. He had a bit of jaundice but after a couple of days was getting better and released after about five days.

Jack was a cuddly, delightful, well developed baby. He was very ticklish and would laugh heartily when tickled. Feeding times could be sometimes amusing, I had to duck for cover to not get caught in the food spray when he decided to practise his brrr sounds while having a mouthful of porridge. And when I fed Jack banana on a teaspoon, as I brought the banana closer, he decided to lift his arm up. The banana was tossed up in the air and landed on my head! That caused a great burst of laughter!

It was wonderful to see Jack take his first steps. I remember how he held his arms out towards me as he was starting to stumble and I managed to grab him just before he fell down. When he was around four years of age it was the first time that he said he loved me, which was very special.

One of my fondest memories is of the time that Jack and I spent together deep sea fishing. He was getting disheartened because he didn’t catch anything. I encouraged him to be patient. After a while he said that his line was stuck and he couldn’t pull it up. I helped him and surprise, surprise; he caught a massive fish that day. With several fishermen on board the boat, it was the biggest catch of the day. The captain teased the other fishermen that such a young boy had outsmarted them! We took photographs of Jack’s catch. When we returned back to land Jack could barely lift his big fish!

Winston was the next blessing that arrived. His birth was a miracle. Mary was using contraceptive pills while she was pregnant with Winston. Without knowing that she was pregnant, Mary started to have bleeding problems and when she went to check it out; the doctor told her that she was pregnant. Mary had a threatened miscarriage. She was advised to stay in bed in order to stop the miscarriage and spent several weeks in bed. My mum came and stayed with us to help and support our household. That was greatly appreciated.

About a week before Winston’s due date, a scan revealed that he was grossly underweight and under-developed. The doctor tried to warn us that the baby would be very small. The doctor was away during Winston’s birth and another doctor filled in. Winston was born normal and with an average weight although 3 weeks premature. He also spent a few days in the incubator before being released from the hospital. He is now over 180 cm.

Winston was a very active and a very inquisitive little boy with dark brown eyes. He also liked to put on my shoes and clothes and it was a sight to see him trying to walk in them! He loved a challenge. We would sometimes find him climbing up on things until he got stuck, then he would then call out for help to get down. He was about four years old when one day he decided to make some cakes. Taking a dozen eggs out of the fridge, he went out to the garden, where he proceeded in mixing the soil with the eggs to make mud cakes!

Evening time when I put the boys to bed, the most unforgettable memory about Winston was his favourite book. Evening after evening he wanted me to read the same story over and over again. After some time I knew the story out of my head and suggested that we should look at other books but Winston was adamant that he only wanted that favourite book to be read! By this time Winston also knew the story so well that when I sometimes tried to skip a page that he would tell me that I had missed part of the story and I would have to go back to it. Then when he learned to read books on his own and made a mistake he would go back and start reading the book from the start even if he had nearly finished the book!

Close in age, Winston and Jack became best friends. When we moved out of the city to a small rural setting, the two boys had the privilege of a big playing area just like I had when I was growing up. The area we moved to had a much dryer climate than the city and therefore the rain was always welcome. The boys discovered one of the newly formed waterholes. They promptly took off all their clothes and were playing in the water pool that was now a mud pool. Winston was so full of mud that the only white visible was on his eyes and his teeth as he smiled broadly.

The births of the first two boys were challenging, but with Peter everything went smoothly and there were no complications. Peter was more reserved but did sometimes get up to his own kind of mischief. When he was around 3 years of age, he realized he liked Vitamin C tablets. Noticing where they were stored, one day when no one was around he climbed onto a chair, reached to the top of the cupboard and ate a full bottle of Vitamin C tablets! He had to be taken to hospital to have his stomach pumped.

Peter loved animals and he treated them like humans. They all had names and he would spend considerable time with them. He had his favourite little bantam hen which he took for walks either in his shirt or underneath his arm. The hen became so tame that she did not move away when Peter approached her, but just waited to be picked up. Sometimes Peter would wander into the house with his hen and when he got distracted he would sometimes leave the house without his hen. That meant that we had to go and look for the hen!

The birth of David was a very traumatic experience. David was ready to be born in the evening, but the gynaecologist, Linda Lessum, postponed coming out to the hospital although advised by the nurses that the baby is ready to come. Linda was not keen to come out at night for the delivery and showed up the next morning at 8am instead. By that time David was already in a distressed state and had liquid in his lungs.

I felt helpless over the unfolding of events that took place. David's life was hanging in the balance. All I could do was pray. He was put on life support and was very weak. The doctors who had taken over his treatment said to us, David had a 50% chance of survival. They also mentioned that he may have brain damage. It was very distressing to see our baby lying attached to machines. Blood samples were taken regularly and needles were inserted to provide him with a drip. The top of his feet were full of needle marks where blood samples were regularly taken from him. After three weeks he was released and we took home a weak sickly baby. David started life with a severe setback, but with time he made up for it by his achievements.

David has a very inquisitive mind and takes a lot of interest in nature around him. When he was about five he wanted to teach a little chick to fly and dropped it from his hand. The chick did not survive and he was in tears. I had to explain to him that a baby chick cannot fly.


Visit: http://www.Shakespir.com/books/view/606646 to purchase this book to continue reading. Show the author you appreciate their work!


OVERCOMERS is a book that convincingly makes the case that today’s western society has been planned throughout the centuries which has shaped it into what it is today. It takes the reader inside one person’s real life experiences and examines how the agendas are implemented through systems. OVERCOMERS contains fascinating commentary on high-profile and controversial subjects such as the media, the food, pharmaceutical, dental and health industries; the money, tax, political and judicial systems and discloses undercover governmental experimentation on its own citizens. It is written to engage the reader who wants to understand why today’s society is the way it is and will encourage those readers currently going through adversity. The ideas it conveys are that nothing happens by chance. It makes a convincing case about the importance of understanding history to make sense of the present and the future as there are recurrent themes that have been happening throughout the ages. OVERCOMERS makes an important contribution to the challenges families have to contend with. It exposes the agendas behind social engineering. It provides useful tools for equipping people with information on understanding the systems at work. In addition to its research, it gives pointers to help avoid getting trapped in the systems.

  • ISBN: 9781311304124
  • Author: Ben Joseph
  • Published: 2016-01-10 18:05:16
  • Words: 39879
Overcomers Overcomers