1. Wake Up: My ideal waking time is 5 AM, I try to wake up at that time, but it doesn’t matter much. So, I wake up at 6 AM, 7 AM, 4 AM and sometimes even at 3AM. In the beginning, I used to wake up at 7-8 AM, as I didn’t used to set the alarm, sometimes I even used to wake up even at 11 AM (esp. in Winter Season). You might have thought about my study or college. Well, I studied science upto class 12, but I left it to follow my passion. Now I currently study Bachelor in Arts, I don’t go to college, I do self study as this gives me more time to focus on my passion.
2. Autosuggest: I have few pages of principles, quotes, goals and ideas which I read three times every morning just after waking up. This actually gives me the buffer time between my waking up and exercising. And even gives me the right kind of mindset for the day. You can read my autosuggestion
3. Exercise: I have been exercising daily since last 6-7 (may be 8-9 months) months, I do some Push (Diamond) Ups, Chair Dip, Heel Raise, Sit Ups etc, which generally takes me around 25-30 minutes. I listen to motivational video during my workout, it helps me in staying motivated and makes the workout more interesting.
You can read my exercise ritual with photos:
4. Meditate: Well, I am not an expert in meditation but I know meditation is a good thing and a very good habit to cultivate. So, I have been counting my breathe for 500 times since last 6-7 months. Moreover I don’t sit in cross legged position as it gives me tingling and numbness in my less. So, I sit in chair with the back straight. I am not perfect, I am still learning and improving.
Well, I am still improving, my thoughts still wander around, it goes from one point to another. But you see, “Perfection is the Enemy of Good.” So, I am just trying to get better everyday.
5. Clean My Room: I don’t love the room filled with dust and clutters, so cleaning my room is one of my priority. This makes me feel more productive and well managed. While cleaning the room, I listen to Personal Development Videos and Seminars through my laptop. Well, this also gives me sometimes to learn something. Moreover you can listen to songs or motivational videos but for me Personal Development Videos works the best. (This is my room, I know it’s not perfect.)
6. Running: Recently I have started running, it’s 21st day. Well I have thought about going to run since last 6-7 months, but I left it because I wanted to have slow and stable change. As, trying everything at once is not a good idea. You can see all my progress: . Moreover I don’t recommend starting both running and exercising at a same time. Either you should choose to run or you choose to exercise. You can jump into another after mastering one.
7. Bathing with cold water: This is one of my greatest achievements. I have been bathing with cold water everyday, even when it was cold. Here is a simple tip: First of all, I paint my legs with water, just paint it. Then put some soap, scrub and let it be. After that I paint my hand, put some soap, scrub it and let it be. After that comes the turn of upper body, I also paint my upper body with water, then put some soap and scrub. While Shampooing my hair, I gently pour as little water as possible just to wet my hair, then shampoo it. This allows my body to loose body heat slowly and hence feel less cold and less resistance to bath. Finally I pour the water and rinse my body with water. After bathing I wash my clothes.
I have shared my all tips and tricks of my cold bath
8. Planning my day ahead: Actually this isn’t called the planning I write same thing everyday, I am just trying to form a habit. But this also works, this reminds me what is important and what is not, what should I do and what I shouldn’t. I am still improving at it. You can see samples of my daily planning
1. Don’t try to be Perfect: Just do it for the sake of doing it, just do the simple form of it. Take as much time as you need.
2. Do it Anytime: I know life is full of unexpected things, so if you are unable to do it in the morning then do it in the evening.
3. Start Small: Don’t aim for big. Start from small, just start from few push ups, start from few seconds of meditation, just washing your hands and legs. Just be slow and regular.
1. Wake Up: In the beginning, I used to wake up at 8 AM, 9 Am, 6 AM and even at 11 AM. So, it wasn’t like this, as I kept on going, I learnt various things, I started setting alarm. It didn’t work, I always used to hit the Snooze Button. So, I started putting my mobile away from my bed, so that I have to get out of bed and walk to switch off my alarm, this works most of the time. Still, I have trouble waking up early, sometime I wake up at 3 AM, 4 AM, sometime 7 AM and sometime 6 AM.
2. Autosuggestion: In the beginning, my autosuggestion was different, it was small, moreover I used to read 50-100 times a day. But thinking it wasn’t stable to read the same thing for +5-6 hours a day, I started reducing the number of autosuggestion and nowadays I do it just 3 times in the morning and 3 times in the evening.
3. Exercising: In the beginning my main focus was only on Diamond Push Up. But slowly I started getting better at it, I started including Heel Raise, after that I included Chair Dip. During November/December, it was cold, my back was aching a lot, I thought it was due to bathing with cold water. But I didn’t want to give up bathing, so I search in Google for the solution: I discovered several yoga poses and stretching practices, among them I added 3 of them and it worked. Lately I have included “Sit Ups”. Moreover today is 21st day of my Running. So, be slow and steady.
4. Meditating: Well, still I am not the expert at meditation. But in the beginning, I just used to sit in the chair with my back straight and try to focus on my breathing, my thoughts used to wander a lot, it still does, it used to feel boring. So, I used to do it for small amount of time. Gradually I started increasing it and here I am today. Still I have a lot to improve, but I believe something is better than nothing.
5. Cleaning the Room: I don’t think I have to teach you to clean the room. Just make your bed, arrange the things, sweep the room, manage the things, that’s it. Do it in your own way, what makes you feel good
6. Having a Cold Bath: In the beginning, it was really hard to bath, I used to feel a lot resistance. Nowadays it’s automatic. So, start small, start from something easy like just washing your hands, legs and then gradually start to improve. Here is my
7. Planning my Day: In the beginning I just used to write the date and day of my life. Then I started writing 5 mini goals I need to accomplish to achieve my majoy goal. Then I started writing number of days remaining to achieve my goal. Then I added “Things I am grateful for.” And “Things I can be in future.” Recently I started adding, “If today is the last day of my Life.” You can read all this:
1. Writing: I try to write articles and guides. My aim, my expectation is to write around 2-3 thousand words per day (I know it’s big thing, but I am okay with it). But most of the days, I can’t even write few hundreds
2. Reading Books: I try to read atleast one book a day and note down it’s main points. Same as writing, I don’t always read a book in a day, but I love dreaming big and setting big targets. But I am happy about it. In the beginning days my days were spent using Quora and watching Youtube.
3. Autosuggest: Every night I autosuggest 3 times after dinner and write down things ‘I am Grateful For’ and things ‘I Can be in Future’.
4. And Sleep: I generally sleep between 9-10 PM. I try to visualize my goal and notice my breathing. Play the audiobook at back, I don’t know is it good or not but I feel good listening to it. Moreover I put my mobile away from me as it force me get out of bed once alarm the blows off.
One of the main reason I failed in the past was because of Time Table. In time table, everything is fixed, everything has certain time. You have specific time to wake up, go to toilet at specific time, eat at certain time and sleep at certain time. But life isn’t perfect, a lot of unexpected things happens everyday in our life. Sometimes we might wake up late, sometimes food might not get ready at right time, sometimes we get sick. Hence, failure to execute even a single task leads to complete collapse of whole schedule of tasks. It used to make me procrastinate for whole day, for a whole day I used feel like doing nothing. For example, this is my time table, I set when I was around 15 years old. So, you can see it is tight and everything is fully scheduled. My plan to waking up was 4 AM, but if I fail to wake up at that time then everything will be messed up. If some little unexpected thing happens then everything gets messed up. Actually it never worked. But routine is different, it doesn’t matter when I wake up, what is the time or what’s the situation? I just need to do one thing after another. I can do it or follow it at evening or even at the noon, it’s totally independent.