How to Persistently Thank and Praise God
… Despite the negative circumstances around you
Published by Sesan Oguntade at Shakespir
Copyright 2016 Sesan Oguntade
Discover other titles by Sesan Oguntade at
Shakespir Edition, License Notes
Thank you for downloading this free ebook. You are welcome to share it with your friends. This book may be reproduced, copied and distributed for non-commercial purposes, provided the book remains in its complete original form. If you enjoyed this book, please return to Shakespir.com to discover other works by this author. Thank you for your support.
All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the New King James Version of the Bible (NKJV). Scripture quotations marked (TLB) and (MSG) are taken from The Living Bible and the Message Bible translations respectively.
Praise for Some of Our Problem-Solving Books
1. “Your e-books are really wonderful…I thank God for introducing me to your e-books…and Thank you for sharing them with me”.“Jyothsna K” [email protected]
2. “Thanks for requesting my feedback on your e-book. Frankly speaking, it is a wonderful e-book that can help us have faith in Jesus as the only one who can save us and make us successful in life. I really like this e-book and will read it once more. I will be glad if there are other interesting e-books again from you”. Regards, Bartholemy, [email protected]
3. I will like to thank you for being a good positive influence to the Kingdom of God. Success is a journey and I am glad that you have helped many to work on the right path. clems emy” [email protected]
Download Our Bible Short Reports Series: There are over 25 titles in this series already. There are titles like, How to Fly With Your Faith, How to Overcome Worry and Anxiety, How to Exit the Cage of Fear, How to Maintain Focus and Concentration, Jesus and Your Success and more (see banner below). Visit or click
Chapter 1: Introduction
Thank you for your interest in this transcript. It is part of the transcript series from the sermon or teaching sessions at our Obstacles Crushers Fellowship (OBCF) services and programmes at Success Christian Home. The transcript of each teaching is designed to show only the important notes from the various teaching sessions. Therefore you can read through each series within some minutes.
This teaching was done at the first-ever Sunday service at the Obstacle Crushers Fellowship (OBCF) just after we finished a 3-day Solution Conference. God really showed He is God at this conference and we had every reason to show gratitude to God.
Now to the business of today, let me roll it on.
Chapter 2: You Are Not Helping Yourself If You’re Not Thanking God
If you stop yourself from thanking and singing praises to God, you are only cheating on yourself because others are doing it anyway. Angels worship and praise God every time (Isaiah 6:3) and there are countless numbers of people who are doing it all over the world. In fact, if on a particular morning, you decide not to thank God and sing praises to Him, you will wake up to hear your next-door neighbor singing His praise and showing gratitude to Him.
Stop cheating on yourself. Stop missing out on the real action; join the league of people who are thanking and praising God. Stop denying yourself the opportunity and the benefits that should accrue to you as a result of your persistent and consistent rendering of high praise and thanksgiving to God.
Chapter 3: Join the Network of High ‘Praisers’
If angels only worship and praise God in heaven, then you have the golden opportunity to hook up to the heavenly network by also praising Him here on the earth.
Those who praise Him here on the earth join the network and amazing things happen on the earth as a result of this. You should remember the Paul and Silas story in the book of Acts. They were put into prison but they turned the prison yard into a praise centre. They hooked up to the heavenly network. There was an immediate transmission of the power and the presence of God into the prison yard. Read the story below:
“But at midnight, Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the prisoners were listening to them. Suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison was shaken; and immediately all the doors were opened and everyone’s chains were loosed” (Acts 16:25-26).
Paul and Silas hooked up to the heavenly network with high praise and thanksgiving to God and the mighty presence of God descended into the prison yard! God’s presence can fill up or descend anywhere so far the right conditions are present. These right conditions in this case are the rendering of thanksgiving and praises to God as the angels do in heaven.
Chapter 4: What Is Thanksgiving and Praise?
Thanksgiving is showing gratitude to God for who He is and for what He has done. I caught an interesting revelation from the Bible story where Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead in the book of John. At the tomb of Lazarus, Jesus said, “Father, I thank you that you have heard me. And I know that you always hear me” (John 11:41-42).
Jesus before pronouncing a decree for Lazarus to rise from the dead thanked God, worshiped Him and praised Him. He said God the Father has heard Him and will always hear Him. This implies that God is the same and that He hears and answers prayers. Even if Lazarus failed to rise from the dead, it won’t change who God is. This is worship. Jesus added that He only wanted God to demonstrate His powers and raise Lazarus from the dead to help the believe system of the people around and also to show that He sent Him.
Quality thanksgiving and praise to God must always be rendered by us to God no matter the situation around us. Circumstances are not expected to dictate our thanksgiving, worship and praises to God. God is the same no matter the circumstances around us. He is the only One who can bring a permanent and non-destructive change to the negative circumstances around us. Therefore, learn to give Him your thanksgiving and high praise consistently.
Chapter 5: Why Must You Praise Him and Thank Him?
1. Because He is God: He told Moses to inform Pharaoh that He is the I AM (Exodus 3:14). This implies that He was the One who had been there before Pharaoh and his forefathers were born. He was the One who was still there when God was sending Moses to Pharaoh and He is the One who will always be there even after Pharaoh must have gone. The devil will not totally take over the earth and unleash his wickedness at will because God is God. Even the beast as shown in the book of Revelation;13:15, was granted power from heaven to be able “to give breath to the image of the beast”. Revelations 13:5 also records this about another beast: “And he was given a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies, and he was given authority to continue for forty-two months”. God is God and He is perfectly in charge of all things. Only the things He allows are permitted to happen. Whatever happens will end up fulfilling His divine plan for the earth. You need to praise Him and thank Him because He is God.
2. Because He is Your Maker: God is your Maker. He made you and put you on this earth in the first place. He gave you the life you are living at the moment; you need to thank Him for this precious gift of life. Even if you lack something now, I know you have life because you are reading this book. Thank Him because He is your Maker. You should read Psalm 149:2: “Let Israel rejoice in their Maker, Let the children of Zion be joyful in their King”.
3. Because of His Benefits: The Bible says, “He daily loaded us with benefits”. You should thank Him for these benefits. They are many; you need to allow yourself to see them.
4. Because of His Promises: Thank God because He has made lots of promises to you. These promises are in His Word in the Bible. There are lots of it there. I thank God for all He has promised me in His Word. His promises are the fuel that keeps my joy intact, strong and burning consistently.
5. Because of the Gift of Salvation: The angel told Joseph, the earthly father of Jesus, “And she will bring forth a Son, and you shall call His name Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins (Matthew 1:21). All glory to God for this gift. You need to thank Him for this if you are saved already. If you are not you need to say the following prayers immediately: “Father in heaven, forgive my sinful past. I believe Jesus Christ died for my sins and His shed blood has wiped away my sins. I believe He is the Son of the Living God. I accept Him as my Lord and Saviour. I want Him to begin to rule in my life as from now on. I believe I am saved. Thank you God for hearing my prayer”.
Thank God because Jesus came to die and shed His blood to take your sins away. He dealt with the sin problem so that we can have the opportunity of becoming sons of God.
6. Because of the Gift of the Holy Spirit: This is another wonderful Gift you need to thank God for. Jesus promised Him in Acts chapter 1:8 and in the gospel books. He was delivered in Acts Chapter 2. I don’t even want to think of or imagine how Christians would cope if the Holy Spirit was not given. Thank God for this Gift; He is a precious Gift to the body of Christ on this earth.
7. Because There is a Heaven: If there is no heaven, then there would have been nothing that would have formed the foundation of the hope of Christians on the earth. There is heaven to hope for and this is our blessed hope. Jesus said to His disciples, “In my Father’s house are many mansions…” (John 14:2). Others may not have this hope, we have it, and we will one day be rewarded for our faithfulness to Godliness and to the cause of Christ on this earth. Thank Him because that one day is coming.
8. Because He Has Destroyed the Works of the Devil: In 1 John 3:8, “For this purpose, the Son of God was manifested that He might destroy the works of the devil”. Jesus came to destroy the works of the devil. In doing so, He gives us the power and the opportunity to be in charge on this earth. The devil is defeated, his works have been destroyed, and we have been empowered to dominate situations and circumstances on this earth. Praise Him and thank Him for this great privilege.
9. Because He Wants to Execute Judgment Upon Our Enemies: This is clearly stated in Psalm 149: 6-9 and Isaiah 42:13.
There are many other reasons why you have to thank God and praise Him always. You just read nine of those reasons above. Let the Spirit of God inspire you with more revelations.
Chapter 6: What Can Always Spring Out Praise and Thanksgiving in You?
Think and Meditate Over the Good Things He Has Done
You can begin to think and meditate on the many benefits He has added to you over time despite your present predicament. Don’t tell me He has not done great things in your life. He has. For the fact that you are alive and you are able to read this book shows His goodness over your life which you cannot measure in terms of money or any other things.
Now let me inform you that you must have to learn to count these blessings. You must take it as a task that requires your attention and which is a must-do for you. If you don’t heed this advice, you will not be able to do it. The unfavorable present situation around you will affect your sense of reasoning and the devil will exploit the situation to make you believe that God has not been good to you. I always find time to think about these great benefits. I opened a section in my prayer book specifically for this task. I helped myself to think about all that God has done to me right from when I was a child. I took into consideration even the stories I heard from my parents about happenings around my birth and toddler years. So, whenever I open this part of my prayer book, I help myself to say thanksgiving to God and to refresh my memory about His many goodness and benefits to me.
When you allow the devil to get you to a point where you are not able to think over and appreciate the many benefits that God has added to you over the years, you will not be able to thank and give Him praise adequately and persistently especially if you have present unfavorable circumstances around you.
You should read Psalm 145: 5: “I will meditate on the glorious splendor of your majesty and on your wondrous works”.
Begin to Think About the Many Unknown Evils He Has Protected You From
It is so easy for you and I to thank God for the evils He has protected us from which we know about. Yet God has protected us from more unknown evils than the ones we know! When you sleep at night, do you know what the devil and his cohorts try to do to you through your dream or sleep? Even when you are awake, do you know how many evil God shields you from? The Psalmist in Psalm 91:5 talks about the arrows that flies at noon day and the terror by night. You are still alive today, hale and hearty because God has been there for you and has protected you from many evils.
Begin to Think About Your Past Life and How His Mercy Saved You From Sin and Destruction
We were all born as sinners because the Bible says, “All have sinned and have come short of the glory of God”. You inherited sin and you also continued in it as you grew up. But God’s great mercy found you out; your sins were all washed away with the precious blood of Jesus Christ. You became a child of God. That is, you became someone who can stand in the presence of God via the platform of His righteousness which you got as a result of your new life in Jesus Christ. You should ask God’s Spirit to give you a revelation about the mercy of God and how it has been one of the strongest benefits that God has added to you. With this alone you will always thank and praise God with all your heart persistently and consistently.
His mercy saved you and it is this mercy that has kept you till today!
Note: If you are reading this and you are yet to accept the saving grace and the mercy of God to save you from sin, you need to take a decision immediately by saying the simple salvation prayer I wrote above under Chapter 5.
Congratulations. Please write to me to share your experience. Write to .
You Will Also Thank and Praise God If You Know the Positive Consequences of Your Actions
A wise man once said: “When praise goes up, God comes down”. For Paul and Silas in the book of Acts Chapter 16 as I shared earlier, praise and thanksgiving went up and God’s mighty presence came down in the prison. They were bound before they thanked and praised God; they were loosed when God’s presence came down as a result of their thanksgiving.
At the tomb of Lazarus, Jesus’ thanksgiving and praise went up to God. Before this action, Lazarus was dead and in a tomb, after this action from Jesus Christ, Lazarus came up alive from the tomb.
Mighty things happen when you are thankful and praiseful to God. Fill yourself consistently with the thoughts of these many positive happenings after a thanksgiving and praise sessions and you will always want to be thankful to God and to praise Him always.
Chapter 7: Thanksgiving and Praise is Spiritual
I want you to understand that thanksgiving and praise is a spiritual exercise. Though you use the physical parts of your bodies to express it, it is deeply a spiritual exercise. All I have described in this book about this topic are spiritual exercises.
You can’t continually be a thanks giver to God and a ‘praiser’ of God on this earth if you are not born of God (John 3:6). God is Spirit so you must be spiritually alive to carry out these spiritual exercises consistently. You must become born again to come alive spiritually to God. You should take a decision today to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour to come alive to God spiritually.
Apart from becoming born again you must also learn to get involved in Godly spiritual activities like Word study, prayer, fellowshipping, study of good Christian materials and so on. You should learn to stay around spiritually positive people, that is, people who are always thankful to God no matter the circumstances around them.
Chapter 8: Thanksgiving Requires a Faith Walk With God
Great faith walkers are always great, persistent and consistent thanks givers and ‘praisers’ of God. It takes faith to please God (Hebrews 11:6). It takes faith to be spiritual. It takes faith to be a persistent and consistent thanks giver to God on this earth.
The earth is filled with lots of problems and negative circumstances; these are not designed by God to stop soon (Isaiah 60: 2). In the midst of these problems, you and I will need to be faith walkers to persistently and consistently render thanksgiving and praises to God.
I believe you can be inspired with this interesting hymn of Faith by Prophet Habakkuk:
“Though the fig tree may not blossom, nor fruit be on the vines; though the labor of the olive may fall, and the field yield no food; though the flock may be cut off from the fold, and there be no herd in the stalls – yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation” (Habakkuk 3:17-18).
That was a great faith hymn from a great faith walker. In Chapter 1 of his book, he was filled with lots of questions to God on why He had allowed the many sufferings he had seen on the people of his country. However, after hearing from God, his message and countenance changed. He gave one of the most astounding pieces on the faith walk with God in the whole of the Bible!
You need to consistently position yourself to hear God’s Word consistently to be a great faith walker on the earth and also to be a persistent and consistent thanks giver and ‘praiser’ of God on this earth.
Chapter 9: Let Your Life Worship God
To cap it all up, you should ensure that your entire life worship God almighty. The thanks givers and ‘praisers’ that I have mentioned here and which we read from the pages of the Bible lived lives that worship God almighty. They were devoted worshippers of God so their thanksgiving and praises got the attention of heaven. I believe the greatest thanksgiving and praise that you can give to God is when you live a life that glorifies God and wins people to Jesus Christ!
I prayed that God will grant you that grace in Jesus name. Amen
Chapter 10: Conclusion: Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Thank you for reading this book, I hope it served you well. It is the transcript edition of the teaching at our church fellowship, The Obstacles Crushers Fellowship (OBCF). If you would like to be informed about any of our programmes, you can simply visit to enter your active email address. We will send information to you about any programme we will be organizing. You can also send BSR to 234-07066360364 if you are located in Nigeria.
Let me read your comments, I will be glad to respond to them. Thank you.
Download Our Entire Bible Short Reports Series: There are over 25 titles in this series already. There are titles like, How to Fly With Your Faith, How to Overcome Worry and Anxiety, How to Exit the Cage of Fear, How to Maintain Focus and Concentration, Jesus and Your Success and more (see banner below). Visit or Click
Success Christian Home
…Shining the light. Solving Problems (Genesis 1:17)
This is a Christian ministry that is devoted to the sharing of the goodness that is in the gospel of Jesus Christ.
MESSAGE: Without Jesus, you cannot succeed (John 15:5b).
VISION: To raise men and women who will be problem solvers in the society.
MISSION: To accomplish the above vision, we hope: •To teach and preach the ability of Jesus to save the lost. •To teach and preach the goodness that is in the second coming of Jesus Christ. •To teach and preach success principles in Jesus Christ that will make you and I put to use our God-given potentials
You can fellowship with us at our Obstacles Crushers Fellowship if you live around our location in Nigeria. Our Wednesday service where we pray and learn practical problem-solving principles from the Bible starts 5 pm and ends 6:30 pm. We also have a 45 minutes interactive session before this service where you can ask questions and receive answers through the help of the Holy Spirit. The interactive sessions start by 4 pm.
Our Sunday services are short and impactful; they start by 8 am and end by 9:45 am. Address: Book Academy Centre, Opposite Somide Estate, Owode Egba, Ogun state, Nigeria.
Enquiries: 08034300979, 07066360364. Email: mailto: Twitter: @SesanOguntade. Facebook: Youtube:
Do You Have Passion for Ministry?
If you have passion for Christian ministry, I would like to inform you that there is a chance for you to work in our ministry. Particularly if you are an evangelist by gifting, you are very much welcome. If you have other gifts, you should also apply.
If you must apply, you should be a born again and a Spirit-filled Christian. You must have great hunger for lost souls. You must be passionate about Christian ministry work. You must be open-minded. In our ministry, we don’t allow unnecessary doctrines to overshadow the instructions of the Holy Spirit and revelations from God’s Word to us at every point in time.
If you are interested, please send you CV and application letter to
Success League Of Friends (SLOF)
If this book has blessed you, why can’t you join the Success League Of Friends (SLOF). SLOF comprises of people who have volunteered to contribute their own quotas as God would allow them to the cause of this Book Series, Bible Short Reports. We have produced books, podcasts and videos in this series and shared them out free online for many years now. We will soon be printing out copies of some of the short reports for massive distribution offline.
You can be part of this blessed group in any or all of the following ways:
1. Prayer Offering Member [You should personally pick one day in a week where you offer prayers for this book distribution project. The prayer points are: *i. Oh God, thank you for this book distribution project. ii. Oh God, let this book distribution project bring millions of souls to your kingdom. iii. Oh God, give more wisdom and strength to the author you are using to write this book series. iv. Any other prayer points you are inspired with by the Holy Spirit of God.
2. Cash Offering Member (SLOF CASH): This is where you contribute cash or any other useful material things for this book distribution project in both e-format and paper format. Materials like printing materials or the actual printing itself will be useful.
3. Distribution Member (SLOF DISTRIBUTE): This is where you help us to distribute these books to friends, colleagues, neighbors, your social networks etc. You can do this in the following ways:
i. subscribe to our email newsletter at if you have not done so before, then share the emails we will be sending to you with friends and acquaintances.
ii. Encourage them to subscribe to our newsletter at
iii. Put the following piece of announcement once in a month on your social networks like facebook, twiiter, Goolge+ and so on: " Download An Interesting Bible Short Reports Book Series Free Today: There are over 25 titles in this series already. There are titles like, How to Fly With Your Faith, How to Overcome Worry and Anxiety, How to Exit the Cage of Fear, How to Maintain Focus and Concentration, Jesus and Your Success and more. Visit ”
iv. Put the piece of announcement under (iii) above on your website or blogs if you have one.
v. Send emails of your friends to 07066360364 or send them to this email address, . They will be automatically subscribed to our Bible Short Reports newsletter. Please inform them after you must have sent their emails to us.
vi. Receive the paper printing right to these books and distribute them free in your country and location without altering any part of the book.
4. All Member (SLOF ALL): If you pick this option, then you are informing us that you want to contribute your own quota through all the options shown above.
Thank you so much. Please you should write to [email protected],com if you want to be involved in any of the ways shown above before you go ahead. Send an SMS to 07066360364 or an email to in this format:
(SLOF PRAY): If you are for option 1
(SLOF CASH): If you are for option 2
(SLOF DISTRIBUTE): If you are for option 3
(SLOF ALL): If you are for option 4
Note: If you are picking the option of a Cash Offering Member, we may have to ask you one or two questions before we accept a cash offering from you. Thank you once again. God bless you.
About The Author
Sesan Ogunotade is an insightful teacher of the Word, Bible Success Researcher, Success Motivator, Christian Personal Development Expert and Author of many books amongst which is the popular “Jesus and Your Success” (available free at http://www.sesanoguntade.com ). He believes that the solution to ANY problem lies in the WORD of GOD. His central message to the world is "without Jesus, you cannot succeed" (John 15:5b). He presides over Success Christian Home, where he pastors the Obstacles Crushers Fellowship (OBCF). Success Christian Home is headquartered in Ogun state, Nigeria. It is a Christian organization with the vision of raising problem-solvers in the society. He is also the founder of The Success Laboratory International Seminars, a platform where pure Bible principles that solve practical societal and personal problems are taught. You can add him on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/successebooks http://www.facebook.com/successchristianhome. You can follow him on twitter, @SesanOguntade. He is married to Olutoke Success Ogunotade and they are blessed with children.
CONTACT: Email: Phone: +234-08034300979 +234-07066360364 Website:
Note: Don’t forget to
Download the Book Below and Our Entire Bible Short Reports Series: Saviors Wanted! To Stop Nigeria from Dying where I gave more analysis of the type of change we must embrace to stop Nigeria from ‘dying” a sudden death and the entire books in our Bible Short Reports series.
There are over 25 titles in this series already. There are titles like, How to Fly With Your Faith, How to Overcome Worry and Anxiety, How to Exit the Cage of Fear, How to Maintain Focus and Concentration, Jesus and Your Success and more (see banner below). Visit or Click
How to Continue to Show Gratitude to God Despite Those Negative Circumstances Yes I know very well that It's tough for you especially if you are a Christian in our world of today. You can't join others in their ungodly practices and their devilish struggle to get things done by all means. I know things are not really shaping up for you at the moment. I know you are are already having that negative feeling that God has abandoned you and the many who are truly walking and running their lives according His instructions. Now don't stop worshiping and praising God. Don't stop, there are countless number of benefits in this practice. God can make that negative situation to become profits for you. The devil wants you to stop believing in God's love for you. You need to read this book. It shows you simple information that can help to keep thanking and praising God despite those negative circumstances around you. It shows you the benefits that will accrue to you if you keep your gratitude intact to God, your Creator. Please download and read this short book today.